• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

CrashBoom

Legend
the only "confirmed" informations are the ones in the spoilers section (not spoiler discussion)

(and those even can be changed before release)

when i started playing it was a city building & collecting game, then they introduced gvg & took the ranking points away from collecting & since then it has become a fighting game with very little consideration given to those that dont want to fight

Exactly. When I first started there was no GbG, there was no GE5, no GE4, there even was no Arc.

Back then, being a goods farmer was an actually accepted way to play the game. good ol' days.

Ìn GvG it was possible to grow with just alcatraz. So without raising all the combat GB. Few people actually did this. Will this strategy be gone? So will we have less strategies in this strategy game?
GBG already greatly tilted the balance between goods producing vs combat into favor of the combat approach. Will this balance tilt everther to combat? I hope not.n

89eople​

Demeter7

Squire
No, we don't have "Alpha Servers". We have development servers, which are used to develop new features, but ones they are developed, they get straight to the beta server.
"Alpha" in software development means the first phase of development. As in development server.
Beta comes after Alpha. Beta is testing with a limited number of users to tweak and work out bugs.

Mysticc

Farmer
Well, it isn't a flat tire. It's a broken engine, the car is way too old, so there are no parts to repair it, the owner did not really drive it a lot anymore and many more problems with it. Getting a new electric car is the better option in this case. Of course the owner is still attached to the car, he loves it, that's totally understandable, but it just can't drive anymore...
or... is it a car that never got a proper maintenance and instead of becoming a valuable vintage car, the owner decided to throw it to garbage?

"Alpha" in software development means the first phase of development. As in development server.
Beta comes after Alpha. Beta is testing with a limited number of users to tweak and work out bugs.
Not in the software industry I work for. At my employer Alpha is always the first test phase and normally starts after feature completion. Beta starts after the Alpha tests are more or less successful and normally have a bigger test audience.

Demeter7

Squire
Not in the software industry I work for. At my employer Alpha is always the first test phase and normally starts after feature completion. Beta starts after the Alpha tests are more or less successful and normally have a bigger test audience.
I guess it depends how much a specific company puts into Alpha vs development.
My point really was that the blog poster may have been using the term Alpha because that is the phase they were working on, not necessarily that Inno is calling it Alpha. Or else they are denying Alpha exists because of the leak.

Demeter7

Squire
I am open to hearing what Guild Raids is, if it is not as described in the blog.
So far there is nothing else to go on.

Macha

Squire
Back then, being a goods farmer was an actually accepted way to play the game. good ol' days
Not only was it acceptable it was also needed, the top gvg guilds needed goods farmers to help with siege costs etc so the best guilds had a mixture of farmers & fighters, gbg guilds only want fighters and with so many buildings giving guild goods non fighters are redundant & possibly considered a burden

AllamHRK

Baronet
Again, all the information on this page is either made up, posted after official announcements or straight up stolen from other people.
In this case it's the first.
Don't believe everything a random person writes in a random blog.
I don't know, really? Would you bet your GM on that @Juber? hahaha

When you launch the resource, if it's something like that, you resign from your position. lol

Sorry if we don't trust InnoGames' word, but you have a long history of lying, deceiving and hiding information. Furthermore, the idea that you would be able to do something like the one described in the blog... have players fight bots! Where did I ever see this? Oh yes... in the "PvP arena" or even in events like football, where I spent more than 100K diamonds improving a team to face other players, but in the end I ended up facing only stronger bots. And the main detail... at no point did you mention the existence of these bots when announcing the event.

Conclusion... InnoGames saying that everything on the blog is a lie, that there will be no bots... it means absolutely nothing, and it will probably be fights against bots as in the examples above.

gbg guilds only want fighters and with so many buildings giving guild goods non fighters are redundant & possibly considered a burden

Not exactly a burden, but you'll have to defend anything your doing as long as it isn't following the standart fighting fible as shown by MooingCat.

You ever joined the official Facebook Group? People were literally told you can't be playing the St. Patricks 2.0 Event (aka Fellowship) correctly as long as your not following MooingCats Cheatsheet. Not even joking.

Oh, and you don't know how to play and/or your City is rushed when it isn't based on fighting

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Conclusion... InnoGames saying that everything on the blog is a lie, that there will be no bots... it means absolutely nothing, and it will probably be fights against bots as in the examples above.
How did you come to this conclusion? That has nothing to do with what I wrote.

Marbles

Farmer
Couldn't be more Wrong.

FoE was NEVER advertised as a War game. It was advertised as a Strategy Citybuilding Game that is about evolving your City through the ages of mankind ever since. In Fact. the fighting Aspect doesn't even appear on the Apps discription in the App Store.
It was a war game early on, no GBG existed its migrated away from being a war game since they didn't migrate GvG to mobile, and to this day if you google war games its still comes up it has A/D built into its great buildings, as well as barracks and such. I don't see any leaders boards for best city build or best road efficiency etc...

Last edited:
prior to inno purchasing foe it was a war game no GBG existed and it is still to this day advertised as such

FoE was DEVELOPED by Innogames, not BOUGHT. First Error.

Exactly, GbG didn't exist, neither did PvP or even Army boost when the Game first came out. So how would that have been a War Game? Second Error.

My first City was back then when there was no Arcs, no GbG, no GE4. Ever since then, the Game was Advertised exactly as I wrote: As a City Building game and a game of Choice between Trading and Fighting. Third Error.

Do you even consider checking your Facts before you post?