• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Kronan

Viceroy
Players have the right to choose their era. There are quite a lot of people playing in the Bronze Age and having a rating of tens of millions.

Yes - and play the game unconventionally (while we all scratch our collective heads as to ... why? why? why?)

1) People in the Iron Age with 180 Arcs
2) People in FE still lifting Notre Dames and Colosseum
3) People in Arctic Futures with just build menu buildings....
4) People that just collect every GBs no matter what they are, they have all of them. They're purdy! = "pretty" for the rest of us English speakers, not from the USA "south"
5) People that spell out words with tree decorations
6) People that line up city squares to form letters and populate them symmetrically

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, it isn't a flat tire. It's a broken engine, the car is way too old, so there are no parts to repair it, the owner did not really drive it a lot anymore and many more problems with it. Getting a new electric car is the better option in this case. Of course the owner is still attached to the car, he loves it, that's totally understandable, but it just can't drive anymore...
Eh? From a development perspective your analogy may work - not so much from a player perspective.

From a player perspective, GvG was what it was - many of us thought it was no longer of any entertainment value, but it *is* still running. And its diehards tend to disapprove of what GBG is in its place.

Raids are not appearing to be a GvG replacement (and if they're seriously supposed to be, you better get the info on what they *are* out very shortly). They appear to be closer to perks-2.0 from what we've seen in spoilers. Get guildmates to spend action points to work towards some participatory goal. This isn't "switch to an electric car". This is "walk to work you lazy oaf!"

GBG is likely the GvG replacement as its closest analogue - and people can already see what they like or don't like about that.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Well, it isn't a flat tire. It's a broken engine, the car is way too old, so there are no parts to repair it, the owner did not really drive it a lot anymore and many more problems with it. Getting a new electric car is the better option in this case. Of course the owner is still attached to the car, he loves it, that's totally understandable, but it just can't drive anymore...
And this car was never new then? Since the beginning of everything, it had a broken, old engine, this car left the dealership completely damaged, with no parts, is that what you're saying? Because I've been playing for over 10 years, and this fake account problem has existed for as long as that... and the bot problem isn't something that started last month, or am I wrong?

Why has inno never done anything about these problems in all this time? But okay, I'll rephrase the comment...

"Your car tire has gone flat, what do you do? Ignore the problem and keep using it, until everything else in the car is gone... then yes, you throw the car in the trash."

Improved?

AllamHRK

Baronet
Eh? From a development perspective your analogy may work - not so much from a player perspective.

From a player perspective, GvG was what it was - many of us thought it was no longer of any entertainment value, but it *is* still running. And its diehards tend to disapprove of what GBG is in its place.

Raids are not appearing to be a GvG replacement (and if they're seriously supposed to be, you better get the info on what they *are* out very shortly). They appear to be closer to perks-2.0 from what we've seen in spoilers. Get guildmates to spend action points to work towards some participatory goal. This isn't "switch to an electric car". This is "walk to work you lazy oaf!"

GBG is likely the GvG replacement as its closest analogue - and people can already see what they like or don't like about that.
Exactly... one thing would be a GxG 2.0 with the same base mechanics and some small changes and improvements, mainly making it accessible for mobile players (since that seems to be the biggest problem).

Another thing is to remove GxG and replace it with something that has absolutely nothing to do with the resource. It's more or less like this... people played football, then they exchange football for bowling and everything is fine because they both have a ball, right?

First, it's not a Battle Game, it's a Strategy Game.

Second, where did I say anything about removing Fights?

I simply said that the fact that drag & dropping troops per mouse is slower than swiping them around with a Finger might be an 'Inconvenience' Desktop players just might have to live with, just as Mobile players have to live with the fact Desktop players have many Conveniences that they don't and won't have.
yeah dragging and dropping, with a mouse or finger is slow.. So why don't you just click them? You can click the troops to load them on both mobile and PC, and my experince is PC is way quicker.

We all knew this day was coming, Inno, the least you could do is be honest with everyone and tell them the real reason you've been trying to kill gvg for so long. There's no money in it for you. You have come a full 180 degrees from when I started playing this game. I'm going to veer slightly off topic but not completely, because you did touch on the subject of ranking. GVG was the last pure element of FOE. Guild ranking was based on a number of factors under the old ranking system. This new ranking system is based on 1 factor and 1 factor alone, A guilds ability to destroy it's competition in BG. Before you even rolled this new ranking system out on live servers, in my world, we already knew who the top guild would be, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. In a few years time, there will be 1 guild in my main world where every member has a city full of 1st prize buildings. Quite simply, you've successfully imploded your own game, and achieved the very thing you said you were trying to fix.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I guess we should be encouraged with the confidence that this Guild Raids will be able to replace GVG without player testing! I enjoyed GVG for many years. Sure needed some tweaks, but it was like a Horse Race, fast 2 mins and done, go about your night lol.

Demeter7

Squire
Seriously???
forgeofempiresadvice.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-new-guild-raid-system-explained.html

This is so lame. It does not look like fun.
And another feature where small guilds are disadvantaged?

nice2haveu

Baronet
Mobile app player expectations with development team changes are completely mind blowing.

Requested Aid all to save time
Spend time on watching ads to perform Aid all

Production carousel auto locating the building to be removed
Only removed in PC

Army management touch behaviour to select the units
Fingers are not for touch, we are using mouse for touch and select the units and drag and drop dedicated to fingers

After each GBG battle, sector window should stay idle like to select attack again like PC
Only for PC, not looked for mobile yet

GvG ranking concept to be removed to have better ranking logic with mobile guild players
Okay, removed GvG itself and No more guild ranking confusion for mobile players

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Seriously???
forgeofempiresadvice.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-new-guild-raid-system-explained.html

This is so lame. It does not look like fun.
And another feature where small guilds are disadvantaged?
Just wanting to mention, that this is of course not official.
You can also see how valid these claims are, if you look at other posts created on that page, like this and this

Demeter7

Squire
Just wanting to mention, that this is of course not official.
You can also see how valid these claims are, if you look at other posts created on that page, like this and this
@Juber, are you saying that nothing in that description of Guild Raids is true? Or just that it is still a work in progress?

I don't really see anything unbelievable in the other posts that you shared. It was hinted in the official notice of the GBG changes that defense would be coming to GBG soon.

Demeter7

Squire
@Juber I have supported most changes. GE 5 was a fun challenge. But the recent changes to GBG did nothing to help and just made things worse. Now Inno is removing the best part of the game, and replacing it with another lame feature that will just drain resources, and is another disadvantage for small guilds.

I know sometimes when there are changes there are lots of people saying they will quit. But you must see that recent changes are different. You are killing this game for many of us.

I think the sooner this is released the sooner people can make a decision on staying with the game or complaining about what guild raids is actually about.

Kind of explains why there was a lack of development with the halloween event, they've been trying to get raids ready.

CrashBoom

Legend
Players have the right to choose their era. There are quite a lot of people playing in the Bronze Age and having a rating of tens of millions.
having 10 million points in bronze age is much easier than having 10 million points in Titan Age
:D