• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

AllamHRK

Baronet
This is not a change ! This is a suppression. And... let me disagree with you. As part of a small guild, we are able to fight and defeat larger guilds, not removing them from the map (or only for one night) but it was fun. It was also the only place where you could chose your enemy.
I will miss GVG so much :(
Well, GxG was the only resource that allowed small guilds or solo players to participate in an inclusive way and to some extent equivalent to large guilds.

CBG who always wins in the last level? Big guilds, not because they are better, just because they have more people... and these guild raids will most likely be the same thing.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Exactly! Inno games is like that...

"Ah, the car tire went flat... what's easier, changing the tire and solving the problem? No... it's easier to throw the car in the trash!" lol

I'm aware the issues with GvG, but why do you pretend Inno scrapped GvG merely because of that? I, you, everyone knows GvG was barely played, only a handful of guilds on most, if not all servers and the mobile playerbase couldn't even access it (and the majority of the playerbase play on mobile not browser).

That's another story why Inno didn't try to re-implement GvG so it can be ported to mobile, but...that ship sailed years ago when GBG was released.

Last edited:
I hope this feature is NOT similar to GBG OR GEX. Something completely different! We don't need two GBG's that's for sure. But to be honest, I do like how GEX is more independent "on my time" rather than "on guild leaders time" like gbg or "on game time" like gvg was.

We sure don't need another guild goods draining feature.

From the spoiler thread, I thought this was going to be more like guilds team up to beat a common enemy. But if it isn't, I'd like more guild control over what an enemy can take. Like in GVG it was just a matter of time before an enemy guild took your sectors - you could never replace troops fast enough. In GBG you can't even defend your sector, it will always be open for the taking.

AllamHRK

Baronet
I'm aware the issues with GvG, but why do you pretend Inno scrapped GvG merely because of that? I, you, everyone knows GvG was barely played, only a handful of guilds on most, if not all servers and the mobile playerbase couldn't even access it (and the majority of the playerbase play on mobile not browser).

That's another story why Inno didn't try to re-implement GvG so it can be ported to GvG, but...that ship sailed years ago when GBG was released.
I totally agree with you friend. And I didn't say that this was the reason, I just played with the point that the other player said (about bots and fake accounts) ironizing inno games' stance on the fact that... more than 10 years have passed, the day has come to discard the feature, but the day has not come (and will never come) where they solve the problem of bots and fake accounts. That was the point of my comment, in case you didn't understand.

And about the real reason, as I said I completely agree with you... the reason is simple, the mobile community is much larger compared to browser players. So the company's interests ($$$$$) come first, logically...

Anyway, the final point is that the "Online Strategy Game in your browser" from 2012 no longer exists... little by little it is becoming just another generic mobile game. And I would bet that they will most likely soon discontinue the browser version of the game completely, leaving only the mobile version, which should still be making some profit.

I play 16 worlds and none do GvG so, no loss for me.

So, am I wrong to think that Guild Raids sounds like a guild-wide version of the Egyptian Settlement, where your 3,000 of each current age good and your 1000+% A/D bonus on your 10,000 Abysmal Gliders are all meaningless?

Kronan

Viceroy
FOE is supposed to be a war game and you are about to remove the only war aspect to the game (GvG). Unless Guild Raids has a way for us as a team to attack a guild of our choosing it is no longer a war game. In a war game you have enemies both players individually and guilds. In a war game you are able to wage war against said guild OF YOUR CHOICE and battle them on the battle field daily if you so desire. Typically this is done for territory, resources or the capturing of troops. If you are planning on removing the war aspect of the game you need to come out and say so, that way those of us that play this game for the war aspect can begin the search for a real war game.

Foe is a city building game. First. It has war venues inside the game. Maybe if you re-calibrate your optics, you will gain a new perspective. Mobile players were never allowed to participate. In fact, at one time I wanted to see what the fuss was all about and stole my kids PC for a few hours to load some DAs (with a lot of instructions on how to do that).

SO... I tried, but wasn't going to be tied to a PC to play it.

Grieving is ok - but let's move on.

Nessie

Baronet
Instead of closing the cheaters, Inno closed its feature. The only good feature it had.
Great attitude, let's declare defeat in the war against cheating.

This decision is Inno's way of saying "cheating is allowed here, there's nothing we can or are willing to do against it"

I actually didn't expect inno to sink THIS LOW. Disgusted.
I fully agree denhviteguden, this is exactly my opinion.

Arch1e

Marquis
They currently provide Support Pool as well, which will be removed together with GvG.
What will come in the place of support pool which is now counted as a guild benefit? Surely you are not nerfing Great Builidngs, something else must be provided in the place of a feature that has been part of the reason people raised those?

Arch1e

Marquis
Well, I have the feeling that this decision has been made a long time ago. Considering an open statement from a few years back that there will be no new development on GVG other than the unaviodable ones related to new eras etc... I am wondering if there has been any effort at all to make it accessible to everyone? Especially as this seems to be the biggest reason why you've decided to remove it.
Participation and engagement - could also and easily be bigger. If only someone would look on time at the major issues with bots and scripts and help people to find joy in a fair battles again. But no, despite providing clear info about where and when suspicious activities have been taking places (I also read somewhere that players were providing www to the source of forbidden tools), there have been no visible actions taken.

So my conclusion is... there has been no work made on it for years, and now that's indirectly used as an excuse to remove it as it's easier to delete it rathern than fix the problems.

It's a real shame, as there are whole communities build around it, and when you fail to deliver a proper replacement, they will start leaving you.
What more is, they not only didn’t fix, now they are going to freeze the accomplishments in time. Some of those are genuine, but some really are not. It would just be better to make a wall of (in)fame(y) and leave it at that.

Nessie

Baronet
One point is to remove GvG. For sure a lot of players will be unhappy with this. However in case there is a good alternate it may be acceptable. So question is what will come. From what I read it sounds abit like the raids we saw some time ago. Maybe it changed in my mind over the time but I mean to remember it was a real bad experience. extremly boring and in addition very bad ballanced (requireing much more as it gives). In case this is the follow up I do not think there will be a lot of fans for this change.
Heinrich I fear it will be just as you predict

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
"Ah, the car tire went flat... what's easier, changing the tire and solving the problem? No... it's easier to throw the car in the trash!" lol
Well, it isn't a flat tire. It's a broken engine, the car is way too old, so there are no parts to repair it, the owner did not really drive it a lot anymore and many more problems with it. Getting a new electric car is the better option in this case. Of course the owner is still attached to the car, he loves it, that's totally understandable, but it just can't drive anymore...

Players have the right to choose their era. There are quite a lot of people playing in the Bronze Age and having a rating of tens of millions.

But players shouldn’t expect to be rewarded for staying in the very first age and never evolving in a game that’s literally about exactly that.

PilgrimDK

Merchant
Will we get a new ranking list along with Guild raid? (not a list only for raids, but for overall as we got now) as the new one in GBG is not accurate to a Guilds strengh. It will only list after GBG prestige points and GBG victories, both results does mostly only rank you after luck and how many Diamaonds you are willing to use..

If we get a new ranking list, will we get a new rankingsystem in replacement?

Will they make Guild Raids with Diamond use so the wealthiest players have an advance?

Will we get kompensation in goods from the sectors we own, they give goods back to the Guild if released,

What happens to Guild power points if they delete the old ranking system. Will we still collect points or will it stop and what happens to the instances that earn points?

Arch1e

Marquis
Will we get a new ranking list along with Guild raid? (not a list only for raids, but for overall as we got now) as the new one in GBG is not accurate to a Guilds strengh. It will only list after GBG prestige points and GBG victories, both results does mostly only rank you after luck and how many Diamaonds you are willing to use..

If we get a new ranking list, will we get a new rankingsystem in replacement?

Will they make Guild Raids with Diamond use so the wealthiest players have an advance?

Will we get kompensation in goods from the sectors we own, they give goods back to the Guild if released,

What happens to Guild power points if they delete the old ranking system. Will we still collect points or will it stop and what happens to the instances that earn points?
Why don’t you release the sectors? You have time now. Get the goods back while you can, it’s how it has worked so far.