• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

mcbluefire

Baronet
I'd think that any sectors held or troops defending/attacking when GvG goes down would be permanently sealed away there and thus the final stat. Goods/medals should not be returned as if the sectors were released moments after GvG is stopped. Troops engaged in battle when the nuclear warheads go off will perish in the Armageddon. ;)

I used to regularly play GvG and enjoyed the team work. When GbG became the obvious path for our guild we left GvG to a passive entertainment for members to get some hits in every once in a while and all-in-all our participation in it is now at a standstill. Why waste the goods when GbG is eating them at 80K a day?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You missed to add few words.

"...the end of forge of empires to me"

Because, as a mobile user, without GvG, playing the game for 8+ years. It is definitely not the end of forge of empires. Sorry for your feelings!!
Hard to say to be honest. I do expect a large % of serious GvG players will in fact just quit outright. And some players who didn't care about GvG may quit along side them because it's often our social contacts that keep us around - so if you have a number of friends who GvG it may also be the beginning of the end for you.

Will it be the end of the game? No. But it might be a more significant contraction than you'd think based on how few people play that aspect. There's ripples.

Marbles

Farmer
FOE is supposed to be a war game and you are about to remove the only war aspect to the game (GvG). Unless Guild Raids has a way for us as a team to attack a guild of our choosing it is no longer a war game. In a war game you have enemies both players individually and guilds. In a war game you are able to wage war against said guild OF YOUR CHOICE and battle them on the battle field daily if you so desire. Typically this is done for territory, resources or the capturing of troops. If you are planning on removing the war aspect of the game you need to come out and say so, that way those of us that play this game for the war aspect can begin the search for a real war game.

Instead of closing the cheaters, Inno closed its feature. The only good feature it had.
Great attitude, let's declare defeat in the war against cheating.

This decision is Inno's way of saying "cheating is allowed here, there's nothing we can or are willing to do against it"

I actually didn't expect inno to sink THIS LOW. Disgusted.

Dessire

Regent
FOE is supposed to be a war game and you are about to remove the only war aspect to the game (GvG). Unless Guild Raids has a way for us as a team to attack a guild of our choosing it is no longer a war game. In a war game you have enemies both players individually and guilds. In a war game you are able to wage war against said guild OF YOUR CHOICE and battle them on the battle field daily if you so desire. Typically this is done for territory, resources or the capturing of troops. If you are planning on removing the war aspect of the game you need to come out and say so, that way those of us that play this game for the war aspect can begin the search for a real war game.
Correction: FoE is supposes to be a game where the most important thing is evolve your city through different ages and see how your city becomes more technological in terms of visual and design.

Dessire

Regent
Instead of closing the cheaters, Inno closed its feature. The only good feature it had.

This decision is Inno's way of saying "cheating is allowed here, there's nothing we can or are willing to do against it"

Correction: the worst feature it had! Best desision made by Innogames ever!

Zio Dyhos

Farmer
It seems like good news to me, there are maps and guilds that the sectors have monopolized and controlled, not to mention the satellite guilds and the bots that are used in large guilds become uncontrollable and inaccessible to fight the smaller guilds. A good change that should have come sooner. There are very large guilds that control most of the gvg maps by having support guilds with no possibility for others to take first place.

Tell me which strategy you have in Gex ? in GBG ? Only place where strategy is used is GvG so remove it and your strategy game is gone

Why do you imagine that strategy only applies in fighting? Or is it that fighting strategy is the only kind that matters to you? If so, that's fine but the game requires strategic thinking in many different areas. Just figuring out what buildings you should add to your city (because you don't have space for everything) involves strategy.

AllamHRK

Baronet

Exactly! Inno games is like that...

"Ah, the car tire went flat... what's easier, changing the tire and solving the problem? No... it's easier to throw the car in the trash!" lol

ADSL

Squire
The Bronze Age will suffer the most. This was the only opportunity to perform some event tasks and swing the castle. There are no other battles in the Bronze Age.

AllamHRK

Baronet
You missed to add few words.

"...the end of forge of empires to me"

Because, as a mobile user, without GvG, playing the game for 8+ years. It is definitely not the end of forge of empires. Sorry for your feelings!!
We play different games partner. So enjoy your cute little colorful cell phone game, at least while it lasts...

AllamHRK

Baronet
The Bronze Age will suffer the most. This was the only opportunity to perform some event tasks and swing the castle. There are no other battles in the Bronze Age.
It's simple friend... for beginner players in the bronze age, just buy approximately 1 million diamonds and advance about 5 eras right from the beginning, then you will be able to fight. Problem solved! :)

(contains irony)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Can you even access the GvG map in bronze age? You never used to be able to - the button would just say to age up to access it which would make sense.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
It seems like good news to me, there are maps and guilds that the sectors have monopolized and controlled, not to mention the satellite guilds and the bots that are used in large guilds become uncontrollable and inaccessible to fight the smaller guilds. A good change that should have come sooner. There are very large guilds that control most of the gvg maps by having support guilds with no possibility for others to take first place.
This is not a change ! This is a suppression. And... let me disagree with you. As part of a small guild, we are able to fight and defeat larger guilds, not removing them from the map (or only for one night) but it was fun. It was also the only place where you could chose your enemy.
I will miss GVG so much :(