• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Arctic Orangery - Critical Hit?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Does this X chance apply for every fight ? One time? Or multiple times when I fight on the battlefield?

How do I know that the chance to deal 150% damage applied?
Every time you do a direct attack on an enemy of the same era as your own unit you have that X chance to get a critical hit. There is no limitation on number of times you can get it in battle.

You will see an animation that shows the critical damage attack icon.

* What happens if the hit unit has Reactive Armor? Say, my Arctic Champion (with lots of Attack bonus from GBs, Speakers Corner and tons of Strike Team Centers) hits a Batle Fortress, the damage (without critical hit) is 3 (and not more due to the Reactive Armor). Would the Critical Hit overcome the Reactive Armor to increase the damage to 4.5 (errrmm... 4? 5?)? Or will the damage stay at 3, regardless the Critical Hit?
The critical hit will override the reactive armor so you will do damage beyond the limit imposed by the reactive armor ability.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6786

Well I just want to say thanks for another military GB, and what a cool idea for it, a critical hit chance. And more fps to boot! Way to go!

DeletedUser6628

Just to be clear, does the 150% apply to the number of HP taken from the defending troop (i.e. lowering HP to 6 instead of 4) or does it increase the attack by 150% (i.e. a Rail Gun goes from 160 to 400)?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Just to be clear, does the 150% apply to the number of HP taken from the defending troop (i.e. lowering HP to 6 instead of 4) or does it increase the attack by 150% (i.e. a Rail Gun goes from 160 to 400)?
From previous posts:
So do I understand correctly, when e.g. the initial damage would be 4, the Critical Hit will increase the damage to 4*1.5 = 6?

* What happens with non-integer damage, e.g. a damage of 3, which would increase to 4.5? Round up or down? (note: odd number multiplied by 1.5 always results in "something point five")
Round up to the higher number. So 4.5 would be 5, 3.5 would be 4, etc.

The % is applied to the 'expected damage' in battle.

DeletedUser4285

The critical hit will override the reactive armor so you will do damage beyond the limit imposed by the reactive armor ability.

cool! battle fortresses needed that kinda kick even tho it's a small chance of happening ;)

so the orangery is cape canaveral but bigger and with passive bonus too. it sure looks nice tho

DeletedUser2752

If I had to tweak the bonus just a tiny bit, I would give the player the ability to know when a unit's next hit will be a critical hit as I can imagine how annoying it would be to waste it on a unit with 1HP :p (I also think it's a bit underpowered at the moment since I would be lucky to even use it twice in a battle at level 10, so this tweak will help it out a bit more.)

Last edited by a moderator:

BestWarrior

Baronet
Stupid question, but here it goes: how do we know when we got the critical hit? Is there any warning, any pop-up window?
Second one, is it possible to got it twice in the same battle?

Thank you

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Stupid question, but here it goes: how do we know when we got the critical hit? Is there any warning, any pop-up window?
Second one, is it possible to got it twice in the same battle?

Thank you
Every time you do a direct attack on an enemy of the same era as your own unit you have that X chance to get a critical hit. There is no limitation on number of times you can get it in battle.

You will see an animation that shows the critical damage attack icon.
See answer above. :)

DeletedUser5097

For the feedback, Inno please use the discription of Byeordie and use
the explenation for critical hit change of 1.5 times more damage than
expected damage and not 150%, becease this bring much confusion.
You can read for you self that much players don't know what 150%
does means, 150% more power in attack or damage or total, but
everybody knows what it means if it is 1.5 times more damage than
expected damage, so to avoid concusion on the live servers, please
be smart and change the discription of the bonus to this.

1BFA

Viceroy
For the feedback, Inno please use the discription of Byeordie and use
the explenation for critical hit change of 1.5 times more damage than
expected damage and not 150%, becease this bring much confusion.
You can read for you self that much players don't know what 150%
does means, 150% more power in attack or damage or total, but
everybody knows what it means if it is 1.5 times more damage than
expected damage, so to avoid concusion on the live servers, please
be smart and change the discription of the bonus to this.

+50% makes more sense to me.

Artubar

Baronet
+50% makes more sense to me.
+1
Everyone should know that bonus notation from all production/ money boost LBs & Château/ Arch by now.
I would give the player the ability to know when a unit's next hit will be a critical hit as I can imagine how annoying it would be to waste it on a unit with 1HP
That's the fun part of a random bonus. (It's the same as with the existing damage ranges - you never know if you score a triple max damage in a row, saving you from losing, or seal your defeat with 3x minimum damage)

As already mentioned a few times, the bonus [to get the chance of a crit] should really apply to age constellations attacker ≤ victim, not only attacker == victim
(otherwise chances are way too low get the crit - you could change it to 'one critical hit every sunday, if the sum of day + month is an odd number' *gg*)

DeletedUser4285

it should be changed to allow crit against units of any era and not just units of same era.
it can do with doing twice the damage, not 1.5x ... that or the chances at each level should be better than what it is now.

DeletedUser7239

I have a question:
When will this GB be released on live servers?