• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Arctic Orangery - Critical Hit?

Andi47

Overlord
I just see that the 2nd Arctic GB will give a chance for Critical Hit (150% damage) when hitting a unit of the same era.

So do I understand correctly, when e.g. the initial damage would be 4, the Critical Hit will increase the damage to 4*1.5 = 6?

Questions:
* What happens with non-integer damage, e.g. a damage of 3, which would increase to 4.5? Round up or down? (note: odd number multiplied by 1.5 always results in "something point five")
* What happens if the hit unit has Reactive Armor? Say, my Arctic Champion (with lots of Attack bonus from GBs, Speakers Corner and tons of Strike Team Centers) hits a Batle Fortress, the damage (without critical hit) is 3 (and not more due to the Reactive Armor). Would the Critical Hit overcome the Reactive Armor to increase the damage to 4.5 (errrmm... 4? 5?)? Or will the damage stay at 3, regardless the Critical Hit?

DeletedUser

and why only in the same age ?

ok against lower age might be too unbalanced
but against higher units. why doesn't the bonus work there ?

This skill gives you a chance for a critical hit during battle when a unit of yours of a certain era attacks another unit of the same era (example - a Colonial Age unit attacking another Colonial Age unit).
and if I attack with Colonial Age an enemy in Industrial Age I don't have my bonus .
I don't like that

especially when half of the units are missing in the age of the GB

The chance will work both for your attacking and defending armies, but only for direct attacks (it will not work when retaliating to an attack).
and for defending that is even more disappointing
an attacker from above your age attacks you.
you with your units below him can't use your new bonus because of that

better enemy. he already wins
and losing a bonus because he is better. that really sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

Cardena

Squire
And what does this mean "have a chance for a critical hit". Does this happen per chance? Can it happen when the other unit has only one life point left? Some more explanation would be nice to have.

DeletedUser7059

Can someone says how many goods is needed for build?
Sorry for OT, this is only one discussion about Orangery i found.

DeletedUser4285

ok against lower age might be too unbalanced
but against higher units. why doesn't the bonus work there ?

and if I attack with Colonial Age an enemy in Industrial Age I don't have my bonus .
I don't like that

especially when half of the units are missing in the age of the GB

and for defending that is even more disappointing
an attacker from above your age attacks you.
you with your units below him can't use your new bonus because of that

better enemy. he already wins
and losing a bonus because he is better. that really sucks

basically it needs alot of tinkering

DeletedUser6705

How does this GB treat rouges? Given all the downsizing that recently happened to rouges it wouldn't surprise me if they were out of scope for this GB :(

Also, it really sucks that this attack bonus is not available against all those brave "warriors" who have nothing better to do with their time than to attack lower-age players in their hood day after day :rolleyes:

Andi47

Overlord
I agree - the bonus should be not only against same age, but against "same age or higher". (example: a Spearman would not do much harm against a tank (just scratching the paint, i.e. 1 hitpoint in the game), but when the spear "critically" hits the track and gets caught in the chain, it might inflict a bit more damage (maybe a second hitpoint, which would be the value in the game ;) ))

DeletedUser7473

Another question is:
How does the critical chance apply in GvG?

After all it won´t apply to the defense troops in the sectors but any attacker will have the bonus chance.
So doesn´t that basically mean that the attacker will have it easier to conquer sectors in GvG from now on?

Also since that GB is an Arctic Future GB it will need Arctic Future Goods to build.
So doesn´t that basically mean that mainly guilds with highly advanced players can build it and will from then on have an advantage in GvG of lower ages against guilds with players mostly from that lower age?

In other words until now in GvG of e.g. Colonial Age a guild with mostly players at Colonial Age could compete with a guild mostly consisting of players at Future or Arctic Future Age.
But from now on that guild with Future Age and Arctic Future Age players will gain an advantage cause all their members can build that GB while the Colonial Age players in the other guild can´t build it that easily.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
So do I understand correctly, when e.g. the initial damage would be 4, the Critical Hit will increase the damage to 4*1.5 = 6?
Yep.

* What happens with non-integer damage, e.g. a damage of 3, which would increase to 4.5? Round up or down? (note: odd number multiplied by 1.5 always results in "something point five")
Round up to the higher number. So 4.5 would be 5, 3.5 would be 4, etc.
* What happens if the hit unit has Reactive Armor? Say, my Arctic Champion (with lots of Attack bonus from GBs, Speakers Corner and tons of Strike Team Centers) hits a Batle Fortress, the damage (without critical hit) is 3 (and not more due to the Reactive Armor). Would the Critical Hit overcome the Reactive Armor to increase the damage to 4.5 (errrmm... 4? 5?)? Or will the damage stay at 3, regardless the Critical Hit?
Not sure at this time, we'll try to get an answer on that as soon as we can.

Probably some sort of a balancing design choice. Can't quite give you the reasoning behind it at this time but we can forward that as feedback.

And what does this mean "have a chance for a critical hit". Does this happen per chance? Can it happen when the other unit has only one life point left? Some more explanation would be nice to have.
Yes, you have an X chance to get a critical hit when one of your units attacks (it doesn't work with retaliation) an enemy unit of the same era. Remaining health of the enemy unit doesn't matter.

How does this GB treat rouges? Given all the downsizing that recently happened to rouges it wouldn't surprise me if they were out of scope for this GB :(
The Rogue on its own is No Era and thus does not have the Critical Hit Chance ability. However, once it is transformed into another unit it then obtains the ability (so for example if my Rogue transforms into a Rail Gun it will then have the ability to do Critical Hits on Future Era units).

Another question is:
How does the critical chance apply in GvG?

After all it won´t apply to the defense troops in the sectors but any attacker will have the bonus chance.
So doesn´t that basically mean that the attacker will have it easier to conquer sectors in GvG from now on?

Also since that GB is an Arctic Future GB it will need Arctic Future Goods to build.
So doesn´t that basically mean that mainly guilds with highly advanced players can build it and will from then on have an advantage in GvG of lower ages against guilds with players mostly from that lower age?

In other words until now in GvG of e.g. Colonial Age a guild with mostly players at Colonial Age could compete with a guild mostly consisting of players at Future or Arctic Future Age.
But from now on that guild with Future Age and Arctic Future Age players will gain an advantage cause all their members can build that GB while the Colonial Age players in the other guild can´t build it that easily.
It works the same everywhere - if you have the GB in your city you have the ability to do Critical Hit when attacking units of the same era. Yes this gives the attacker an advantage but I'm not sure how that is a problem since that is the point of any GB - to give you some form of an advantage/benefit. Players have been building GBs of higher eras than their own for quite a while now. It may not be an easy task but it's doable.

DeletedUser7584

the X chance to get a critical hit is like the chance to get relics ?
for a very good chance we must upgrade to a higher level
just like Temple of Relics

DeletedUser4446

That note mentioning the defending army, means that you can also get this boost against neighbors who attack you?

DeletedUser

Second time in one hour that the Orangery simply disappears! GB is back only after relog

DeletedUser

same FP as the Cape and not like all other GB that have 2 bonus ?

DeletedUser

Does this X chance apply for every fight ? One time? Or multiple times when I fight on the battlefield?

How do I know that the chance to deal 150% damage applied?

Last edited by a moderator: