• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology 2021

Sinitar

Regent
As I mentioned my calculations were based off of my experience from the Halloween event, where I managed to pick up 145 idols with 7 tool sets, or 20.7 idols per tool set. I imagine the drop rates are similar if not the same, so that's where I got my 380 number from. That's excluding scrolls picked up from the dolls / tablets. From those same 7 tool sets I managed to pick up 19 dolls, so 19*20=380 event currency, for roughly one additional grand prize.

Edit: Looked through a recording I did on this event, managed to pick up 20 idols for 21 brushes, 7 shovels and 8 dynamite, or roughly 1 tool kit.
20 idols per set is absolutely lucky not nornal... :rolleyes:
Normally someone can obtain between 13 and 17 idols for tools set.
You can't valutate only in that situation.

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
20 idols per set is absolutely lucky not nornal... :rolleyes:
Normally someone can obtain between 13 and 17 idols for tools set.
You can't valutate only in that situation.
Where do you get that data from? From 5 recordings, 4 from halloween and 1 from this event, I got

145 light bulbs from around 7 tool sets (146 candles, 55 flashlights, 54 lanterns)
96 light bulbs for slightly less than 5 tool sets (103 candles, 36 flashlights, 33 lanterns)
21 light bulbs for slightly more than 1 tool set (21 candles, 11 flashlights, 8 lanterns)
29 light bulbs from exactly 2 tool set, but ignored 9 (left them uncovered, so could have picked up some, but not all)
20 idols from around 1 tool set (21 brushes, 7 shovels, 8 dynamites)

That's 311 "idols" from 331 "brushes", 125 "shovels" and 119"dynamite". That's around 15.25 kits worth of shovels and dynamite, 16.5 kits worth of brushes. Weighing those equally that's 15.67 tool kits, so 311/15.67 = 19.8 idols per tool kit. Factoring in the light bulbs I ignored and perhaps weighing shovels and dynamite higher, that's around 1 grand prize per tool kit.

That's quite consistently around 1 grand prize per tool kit, so if you have a different experience I would guess that's down to strategy, not luck.

Sinitar

Regent
Where do you get that data from? From 5 recordings, 4 from halloween and 1 from this event, I got
This data are from my experiences and the luck can change...
I'm a player that search any solution to return at home with fully upgraded buildings without touch the diamonds in live servers with or not luck from any sourge

xxGuruxx

Farmer
So far event is good. I do like the ability to get a whole gem daily if I uncover one. Then if I continue I get shards. Also a nice feature to add the gem shard to the daily quest to build up in case you miss out on one a day.

Event building while a little big at 4x6 it has pretty good stats.

Quoras

Merchant
I heavily played the halloween event last year. Here is what you got: You really need to be having fun doing those small questlines. The amount of extra sets i got from the halloween questlines was really insane. If you dont want to do this you should not spend diamonds. After all i managed to get 7 full houses and about 6 1/2 asylums. I don't know exactly the amount of diamonds i spend but if i remenber it correct i was below 500 Diamonds per Kit (as i managed to get 7 Full houses and about 60 asylum kits i spent around 60k something. If you solely focus on getting idols (because daily prices are probably trash except for sentinel post) i think about 10-15k is right for a new wheel. If you play alle the questlines you get + don't waste your tools/use them wise

zedeyejoe

Farmer
I am picking up a single gem a day, with the aim of completing the calendar. That of course slows down my explorations.

podkap1970

Emperor
I am picking up a single gem a day, with the aim of completing the calendar. That of course slows down my explorations.
i think if you focus in building 2 event main buildings, its the best way

also to get the daily specials its a very low chance

i was thinking of getting 2 event buildings, but i did not see the prizes you get from the calender (with 2 kits), so i guess i will stay with one event building only

darthronin

Farmer
Usually a 2nd eventbuilding used to be like 13-15K diamonds.
Are they making them more expensive?
The 30K'ish number Miguel calculated is a serious increase from what it used to be.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Usually a 2nd eventbuilding used to be like 13-15K diamonds.
Are they making them more expensive?
The 30K'ish number Miguel calculated is a serious increase from what it used to be.
From my calculations I'm fairly certain I can get a 2nd building for 13-15k, so guess we'll see who's accurate :)

Sinitar

Regent
From my calculations I'm fairly certain I can get a 2nd building for 13-15k, so guess we'll see who's accurate :)
15k it was to have a 2nd druid temple
you know that in archaeology and halloween events,the price for a 2nd piece is higher than other events

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
15k it was to have a 2nd druid temple
you know that in archaeology and halloween events,the price for a 2nd piece is higher than other events
Welp, as I've gone over I disagree. I spent another 24 brushes, 8 shovels and 4 dynamite today and picked up another 20 idols. At ~1 grand prize per tool kit, which I've consistently done for over 16 tool kits now, you need around 14-15k diamonds to get a second main building if you have the event surprise box and go for the calendar.

Goldra

Marquis
Thanks for all the info about to get a 2nd wheel. Im trying to focus on calendar, to see if its posible to complete it without spending diamonds. It seems to be difficult, but this is time to make experiments, to be better preparated when it arrives at spanish servers.

Sinitar

Regent
Welp, as I've gone over I disagree. I spent another 24 brushes, 8 shovels and 4 dynamite today and picked up another 20 idols. At ~1 grand prize per tool kit, which I've consistently done for over 16 tool kits now, you need around 14-15k diamonds to get a second main building if you have the event surprise box and go for the calendar.
24 brushes... Thats more than 1 tool set(20)
First we must talk about the 1st ferris
I have at the moment:
725 scrolls
6 upgrades of ferris(included the box)
Next gran prize: 50 Pf's (6th)
21 brushes
6 showels
15 dynamite
For you I can reach without problems with these things at 9th gran prize if I collect the remaining scrolls from tasks

I will have + 900 from tasks and +600 from daily bonus =1500 scrolls, which it means 3,8 tools set...
And again according with your stats, I will can reach the 13th gran prize and it will means that I will have +1 more upgrade (3 with the calendar)

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
24 brushes... Thats more than 1 tool set(20)
First we must talk about the 1st ferris
I have at the moment:
725 scrolls
6 upgrades of ferris(included the box)
Next gran prize: 50 Pf's (6th)
21 brushes
6 showels
15 dynamite
For you I can reach without problems with these things at 9th gran prize if I collect the remaining scrolls from tasks

I will have + 900 from tasks and +600 from daily bonus =1500 scrolls, which it means 3,8 tools set...
And again according with your stats, I will can reach the 13th gran prize and it will means that I will have +1 more upgrade (3 with the calendar)

4 more brushes, but 4 fewer dynamite than a tool set. As the dynamite are worth more I'd say I was under 1 tool set :) If you'll have 2225 lanterns that's 5.6 tool kits. With your current tools and incidents let's say 7 tool kits, so with that you should probably be able to reach grand prize 12, possibly 13, and possibly even 14 if you get the main tablet reward as well.

Osserc

Merchant
That's quite consistently around 1 grand prize per tool kit, so if you have a different experience I would guess that's down to strategy, not luck.
I spent 50k diamonds on the Halloween event and tracked my results which roughly agree with yours. It worked out that I got 1 grand prize per every 379 tickets spent which is slightly better than 1 grand prize per large toolkit as you said.

I'm sure you could do even better if you just focus on picking up idols and only clear tiles with vases when it's efficient to do so.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I spent 50k diamonds on the Halloween event and tracked my results which roughly agree with yours. It worked out that I got 1 grand prize per every 379 tickets spent which is slightly better than 1 grand prize per large toolkit as you said.

I'm sure you could do even better if you just focus on picking up idols and only clear tiles with vases when it's efficient to do so.
Yup, I was going for both idols and vases as well, so if you only went for idols you could probably do even better :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Only I I'm unlucky? 9 idols for 7 brushes, 4 shovels and 6 dynamite? Or you and osserc are lucky?
Actually https://prntscr.com/10mpenb
Before https://prntscr.com/10mpf6t

Well there is an element of skill that determines how much progress you get for your investment - i.e. using the tools wisely; what do you skip and not, when you use the higher value tools and how you get the most value from them.

About 1 grand prize per toolset has been my experience too.