• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer

Artubar

Baronet
You can buy Trade Coins with Diamonds.
oops... somehow ignored that fact :rolleyes:

But still - if a trillionaire wants to place a horribly high bid on his object of desire he will do this no matter whether others can see his bid or not; the difference is that the quadrillionaire can't place a trillion plus one while the trillionaire is sleeping... and on the other hand, maybe the trillionaire thinks he's save with 200k; there comes our I'll-give-my-last-shirt-for-it, and offers 222k, and he has a real chance to win the auction because our trillionaire simply doesn't know it.
In my humble opinion, this is the fairest possible approach.

(Even nicer would be a Vickrey auction: "A Vickrey auction is a type of sealed-bid auction. Bidders submit written bids without knowing the bid of the other people in the auction. The highest bidder wins but the price paid is the second-highest bid. This type of auction is strategically similar to an English auction and gives bidders an incentive to bid their true value.)

1BFA

Viceroy
I'm sure I have missed the post, is the bidding open to entire server, or is it hood and friends or just random?

DeletedUser8336

Det er utroligt at der altid er nogen der byder på outdated buldings I never would place in my town.
Translation of post above : "It's amasing that there's always someone bidding on outdated buildings I never would place in my town."

Freja, you're on the zz forum not the dk. Translated your post.... and your absolutely right. :)

Artubar

Baronet
@ Announcement:
For each auction, you will be added to a randomly selected pool of players who you're bidding against.
  • how big are those pools on average?
  • with the current 30-sec-prolongation system, the auction ends, and therefore beginnings too, will drift off (lame item vs. must have, many active players vs. sleeping pool).
    Won't this lead to fixed pools over time because all other players are stuck in another still running auction?

OmegaLee

Steward
I just hope this doesn't become like reconstruction mode and get delayed for ages.
I'm one of a ton of high-level, multiple year players, dying to sell some of the crap I've collected.

I also can't wait to get those missing upgrades to drop a level 10 Tholos, another alter, etc.

Fdm1407

Merchant
I'm not sure if I got your last sentence right - maybe I'm saying the same now ^^

Nothing stops a a "rich" player from placing a ridiculous high bid - may it be visible for others or not.
The problem with the current method is - someone who can be online at the end of the auction will always win with X+1 over the one who placed X and can't be online.

With secret bids (and, according to my suggestion, only a hint about the price(s) the item was sold last time(s)), everyone can chose an amount which seems appropriate for him. Still the rich ones can place quite high bids in the beginning to make sure that they get the item, but sooner or later they'll run out of money (you can't buy SoKs & WWs [except for rare sales], so once they've sold their inventory they're limited to Daily Challenges, Guild Expeditions and events to get new stuff - and that's what a "poor" player can get, too).

I don't know bout your inventory in the live world's but if i look at mine it will take me a lot of time to sell everything so before spending that all we're talking about at least a year further, and still there are loads of people playing much longer and filling their inventory much longer so i don't think the rich will run out of money any time soon.

DeletedUser10186

No, it's good. It is right.
What is wrong with the players who played a lot, maybe paid real money, do GE 4th level every week, finished every Event and Daily challenges, collected Incidents and so they have full inventory of high-quality items? It is a game where some players are better than others, bigger than others, stronger than others and faster than others. It is not a communism where everyone gets equal rewards regardless of the work, time or money they put in. It is a war game and here are strong players and weak players, wise and fool, lazy and hardworking and everyone gets his own reward. Absolutely everyone has equal and the same conditions in the game. Who works hard, offers the time, spend money, he is worth to get the best from the game. Who plays only 10 minutes a week can not be in the same level and can not have the same items.

I have no time.... I can't be online... I can't beat these strong neighbors... I'm in Iron Age and can't use some features... Maybe you should stay in Stone Age better if don't plan to play normally? ("normally" means how INNO has planned this game to be played - evolving through the tech tree and going from the age to age). If you want to play in IA that's your right and your choice and that's fine, but then stop complaining.

Complaints, moans, tears... Stop complaining, start to play.

I'm in Colonial Age on Beta. I have been plundered many times, I have no much items on my inventory but I'm very happy with AD because I know, if I will work, I will play constantly and wise, I will become stronger and I will get more and more.

I play in several worlds on live servers. I'm constantly plundered in one or another world because I have a weak defense. But I don't care about that because I'm strong in other worlds and I'm fighting and plundering there. I would like to be in Space Age Mars and would like to have these nice Martian cities but I'm not. The best my city is in Arctic Future but I'm not complaining and I'm full of joy while playing this game in my age.

Of course, I still don't like some things in the game, I wish some things would be different, I wish I could beat every army and I have a lot of other dreams or desires, but I know that every player deserves according to his work and time he put in to the game. And this is good and right.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8410

Is there a quick list of what they did to rebalance the items? Saw it in changelog.

Mr.Quib

Squire
There's something wrong with the timers. At login they both show 00:00:00, afther visiting someone's town both auction and exchange timers show the auction time, and it's not counting down.