• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Silly Beaver

Merchant
Just cleaning up the scraps after the last daily collection. Got enough to merge a couple final reds, blue and green and it did not give me credit for the green complete key. The red and blue worked only. Whatever is glitching GE is starting to bleed into other areas.

GateKeeper

Baronet
event over... 37 wasted fire keys. so players pay attn to the amount of fire keys during the whole event. 6 days ago I had 108 fire keys before I started to focus them down.
1678237141566.png

got to 6750 Atom prize, but that was 1/2 of the event when it was too easy. I suspect if the changes stay , players will be somewhere in the mid-high 3000 atoms milestones. giving players an 7 upgrades in milestones and the 1 golden level add in the event milestones, 1 base level and 2 more upgrades, giving Live players the full golden lvl spec building. so that should work, with no diamonds used

First Conjunction includes the base and 2 upgrades from event milestones. Below is purchasing the $15 Bonus bar
On Key Master simply counting base and upgrade as Parts need 4 to make 1 bldg.
Atoms 37506500Totals at 6500
Conjunction1st full + 1 base6 upgrades2 Full
Key Master1 full + 3 part1 full + 2 Part3 Full + 1 part
Selection Kits 2 31 Kit left over

I was going to move it out further on the chart, but than thought to myself, "don't be a dumby"..... just ask @MooingCat for a fancy spreadsheet he probably already has!!!

Hopefully I'm totally wrong about the Atoms collection getting nerfed that bad, but thats what I saw after the nerf in reagrds to collecting the Atoms.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
final adjustments for beta:

• We have increased the Grand Prize Progress from merging with a locked level 4 piece to 2.
  • We have increased the Grand prize Progress received from opening a chest to 3-27 (depending on the chest).
@Juber, really appreciate the concern of making the adjustment. Level 4 piece to have energy from 1 to 2 is good and second change is also good for all (bronze/silver/gold) chest. Instead of second adjustment, they could have replaced 9 keys to 6 keys will be much satisfying change in gold chest. Why because, you are aware that players will do mistake and that 9 key is going to halt them after few days of play in the event game.

Consider below image for blue gem keys,
deciding_factor_atom.png
Need to make deciding factor very keenly now, players can get maximum of 3 blue keys only if they don't want to opt for free spawn and reset. but to scrutinize the energy for grand prize progress by obtaining 3keys are kept at the edge of the mistake zone. According to the image given above, if players just merge two (one free level3 with start key part and one locked level3 with end key part) gems gives 3blue keys and grand prize progress is boosted with 1 point. If they continue with remaining locked level4 gems after merging is good or bad decision cannot be examined since it increase the grand prize progress by clearing remaining two level 4 locked blue gems which gives 4 points to grand prize progress. Here, if we go for free spawn, fire keys will occupy the board in large sum and forced to waste lot of energy(if luck favours that's a gift but luck didn't meet me in beta). If they have free reset means fine, if they don't then again 20 energy or increment energy for reset need to be spend. Okay, why stressing on this so much, because need to make 9 blue keys to open gold chest. The possibility to do is very minimal still. so only asked to reduce 9 keys to 6 keys. It's not a big change!!

Herr Voxner

Merchant
I was left with a ridiculous amount of keys because the water ran out and the "random" energy picks were all fire/wind for the remainder of my energy. Need to balance keys or have a way to exchange, this is too random (much more than baking event). Finished all quests and spent diamonds, still no where near the amount to complete one building.

remaining keys.PNG

zookeepers

Marquis

A bit difficult situation to make dicision.
At this moment you can open a red block and 3 blue blocks for 8 progress + 3 keys.
If you clear the board you can get 12 progress + 6 keys + free reset.
If you think 1 key = 1.5 progress (which is the max), 8.5 additional progress + free reset is gained through clearance.

While that, think about how many spawns needed.
Blue can be cleared by one L3 block or two L2 blocks, L1 + L2. So the problem would be green.
Minimum blocks needed to clear green is 3 (L1 L3 L3 or L1 L2 L3) but only 9 out of 64 possible combinations is OK.
When you get 4 green blocks at random, 80 out of 256 combinations (about 30%) would do.
11 spawns is expected in order to gain 4 green blocks in average.

I don't think going for clearance is reasonable while getting a new board by 80 energy is possible.
If you need to pay 160 for a new board, going for clearance is not a bad idea.

Actually it is unreal to calculate this precisely for every single unjudgealbe boards.
You should use easier criteria.

nice2haveu

Baronet
unreal to calculate this precisely for every single unjudgealbe boards.
perfect feedback line for the anniversary event.
use easier criteria.
What was the easy criteria? I assumed like there was none. Final adjustments are good but like @SlytherinAttack mentioned for obtaining 9 keys for gold chest not so easy where everything gets handled in a random order. That's the only drawback now.

ADSL

Squire
Dear friend Juber!
Thank you for your work on providing information to developers.

Reviews of the event are mostly finished. 99% of them were devoted to mechanics. But I want to inform the developers about this:
1. Once there was such an event - an Easter Event with prizes Drummer School and Color Guard Camp. We had the Drummer School in the line of grand prizes at last year's event (10 years of the Game). But where is the Color Guard Camp? I was expecting to see him this time. Please do it! This is logical.
2. The Royal Tower of Conjunction, unlike other varieties, is not a strong building and is unlikely to be popular. It's no secret that few people are interested in medals in such buildings. But there are still such people, especially in the Bronze Age. Let's please them by significantly increasing the number of medals in this building.

.Chris

Baronet
+1 for the key converter

It is even more important in this event than with the baking as there are only 3 "ingredients" compared to 5.
I would be fine with 3:1 or 9:3 (maybe make it available only on the last day of the event) but being stuck with lots of keys of one type is frustrating.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Dear friend Juber!
Thank you for your work on providing information to developers.

Reviews of the event are mostly finished. 99% of them were devoted to mechanics. But I want to inform the developers about this:
1. Once there was such an event - an Easter Event with prizes Drummer School and Color Guard Camp. We had the Drummer School in the line of grand prizes at last year's event (10 years of the Game). But where is the Color Guard Camp? I was expecting to see him this time. Please do it! This is logical.
2. The Royal Tower of Conjunction, unlike other varieties, is not a strong building and is unlikely to be popular. It's no secret that few people are interested in medals in such buildings. But there are still such people, especially in the Bronze Age. Let's please them by significantly increasing the number of medals in this building.
6hours mass supply rush, store building, renovation kit, mass self aid also missed I guess. May be those are not part of anniversary event I feel or myself missed to get them no clue.

Ironrooster

Baronet
And so I finished in the Gold League without spending any diamonds. I think this shows that no one knew how this event would play out when it started. The heavy balancing further threw the event into disarray. I still think there is a balancing problems with the keys. I was doing pretty well until the last 2 boards when I got some 20 red keys, 3 blue keys and 0 green keys. All the final chests required more green keys than I had so I was left with over 30 keys that could not be used. A once a day option to reset the chests would have been helpful.

I have no idea how I will do when the event goes live. Managing the keys is critical, but the unbalance is so great that doing well in the event is chancy. It all depends on how lucky you are in the keys you get versus what the chests require.

nice2haveu

Baronet
This is why we decided to do some final adjustments for beta
As always, please tell us what you think in the feedback thread!
we are still hoping to get some few adjustment still, but already stated like "final adjustments" and asking us to give feedback for what we think about it.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Inno > What's the point of ending up with 173 fire keys and 0 of the others?
If you don't want to offer the possibility of converting 2 or 3 fire keys into 1 other key, you might as well delete energies that we are trying to optimize to get nothing in the end!

Kronan

Viceroy
So much good feedback here!

@zookeepers: Actually it is unreal to calculate this precisely for every single unjudgealbe boards.
This is one of my previous points as well. Inno writes up sparse instructions to get people started, and then the community quants take over and write the recipe for success. Not their JOB, but they do it: 1) because they have those skills, and 2) because it helps them define it so they can compete effectively themselves.

With Anniversary 11 (2023), you can't write a recipe. Hints and tips? Sure. Recipe? NO... for precisely what @zookeepers and many others mentioned.
At least with St. Patrick's Day event (another fairly complex (daunting?) event to many people), a recipe was written: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...-patricks-day-2023-feedback.44992/post-392410 which saved a LOT of people, and permitted them to grind through and play - successfully, partially or... not. At least by the 4th year (running now in LIVE), some people that couldn't play it in the 1st or 2nd year have learned enough from mistakes and community education "refinements" to make a decent go at winning it in year 3, or now, year 4.

The beta feedback here though, on Anniversary, is story after story with the same theme. First - Porridge too easy(hot), then next - Porridge way to hard(cold), and now...

is the final change (from beta).... Porridge just right?

We don't know, but I'm reading post after post of really strong concern that it (or some elements, such as residuals...) still isn't right, or it still doesn't lean enough to player favor as partial compensation for costlier complexity and non-recipe randomness.

So... as some people said - they're sitting out the live event.

What else? Well...

NO matter what - this suggest we retire to our big comfy office (or living room) seat, with a big bucket of popcorn, and a libation of choice to watch the fireworks when this hits LIVE. I can hear the train coming down the track on this...

...and it seems most of you can, too.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
The event remains highly unbalanced. I was left with 90 fire keys. It would be ok if they either balance the minigame to some point or introduce a key converter.

A bunch of people mentioned a "key converter" or key exchange mechanism/option. @Astrid , @.Chris , etc)

This is a STELLAR idea (well done beta players!). Put some power back into the hands of EACH player to help determine their own fate.

That being said - and I hate to suggest this, but will, there could be a tiny nominal cost (5 energy each or 3 conversions/day for 10 energy with volume discount) perhaps for putting some control of the players fate BACK into their own hands.

Nothing is more frustrating than watching some set probability function in an event like this - RUIN your fun. As I've said - it's demoralizing.

For the same reason, INNO, you allow people to pay 200 diamonds to get that pesky last blueprint.

That paradigm of operation ALSO fits here.

Consider a mechanism to allow the user to balance their own key inventory through a trade conversion choice...

It could be a winner idea for you and everyone.

Last edited:
So much good feedback here!

This is one of my previous points as well. Inno writes up sparse instructions to get people started, and then the community quants take over and write the recipe for success. Not their JOB, but they do it: 1) because they have those skills, and 2) because it helps them define it so they can compete effectively themselves.

With Anniversary 11 (2023), you can't write a recipe. Hints and tips? Sure. Recipe? NO... for precisely what @zookeepers and many others mentioned.
At least with St. Patrick's Day event (another fairly complex (daunting?) event to many people), a recipe was written: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...-patricks-day-2023-feedback.44992/post-392410 which saved a LOT of people, and permitted them to grind through and play - successfully, partially or... not. At least by the 4th year (running now in LIVE), some people that couldn't play it in the 1st or 2nd year have learned enough from mistakes and community education "refinements" to make a decent go at winning it in year 3, or now, year 4.

The beta feedback here though, on Anniversary, is story after story with the same theme. First - Porridge too easy(hot), then next - Porridge way to hard(cold), and now...

is the final change (from beta).... Porridge just right?

We don't know, but I'm reading post after post of really strong concern that it (or some elements, such as residuals...) still isn't right, or it still doesn't lean enough to player favor as partial compensation for costlier complexity and non-recipe randomness.

So... as some people said - they're sitting out the live event.

What else? Well...

NO matter what - this suggest we retire to our big comfy office (or living room) seat, with a big bucket of popcorn, and a libation of choice to watch the fireworks when this hits LIVE. I can hear the train coming down the track on this...

...and it seems most of you can, too.
Pat's event is fairly simple to "win" According to my step-by-step manual even greenhorns can do it and I have proof of that since players in my guild on live server, who started to play FoE like 2 - 3 months ago are able to get level 9 DROID the HUTT and fragments of gold, that is, make 325 tasks already, while there is still 8 days to event's end.

But Anniversary? I'm not sure I'll be able to get at least 1 Phantom myself, let alone others, though I'll certainly prepare a manual.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Pat's event is fairly simple to "win" According to my step-by-step manual even greenhorns can do it and I have proof of that since players in my guild on live server, who started to play FoE like 2 - 3 months ago are able to get level 9 DROID the HUTT and fragments of gold, that is, make 325 tasks already, while there is still 8 days to event's end.
we just need one of the players with top calculating skills tell us how many energy to spend per board and how many resets per day
to play the strategy with best expected value
:p

and according to last official announcement there is room for mistakes

so with best strategy should be easy to get one full golden building :cool: