• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

nice2haveu

Baronet
After several weeks playing with my phone only, I just found out today that an event was ongoing.
So I clicked on the arrows to learn how it works, but I'm stuck with this arrow asking me to click on a gray/inactive button.
I cannot do anything, completely stuck...
Help!

View attachment 9048
Raise a support ticket, they will fix it immediately.

Can't catch a break, can I?

250 daily energy in, as well as 2x 20 incident (=40 more) = total 290. Look at all the green, my most needed gem color, that I can't consummate to help me.

View attachment 9045

Same here, 250 energy and only 1 chest opened. Spawning only red and blue. Besides 9 green upper parts, only 2 lower parts on the board. o_O
Balanced like hell...

Screenshot_23.png

I cannot play this event. Using small bits of color to differentiate the keys was a very bad idea. Every key head looks the same to me. Using basic symbols like ○▽□ would have been better. Instead, I have to (color-)blindly push ahead with obviously poor results. I am going to end the Event with only a Level 4 ToC which I will just store into my Inventory to open space for something much more useful.

I will be ignoring this Event completely when it arrives on the Live Servers.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I cannot play this event. Using small bits of color to differentiate the keys was a very bad idea. Every key head looks the same to me. Using basic symbols like ○▽□ would have been better. Instead, I have to (color-)blindly push ahead with obviously poor results. I am going to end the Event with only a Level 4 ToC which I will just store into my Inventory to open space for something much more useful.

I will be ignoring this Event completely when it arrives on the Live Servers.
I wondered with their color selections how it'd fair for colorblind users. whether the shades of red-blue-green they picked were of sufficiently varied intensity to be distinguishable. At least for the gems they're of different styles as well for the 3 colors.

But for the keys I guess you'd just have to go by the different numbers on a large chest to stay acquainted with what your spread of keys remaining are (they're always listed in the same order from left-right).

I somehow doubt new art assets are in store to make the 3 keys look different shapewise at this point unfortunately.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I wondered with their color selections how it'd fair for colorblind users. whether the shades of red-blue-green they picked were of sufficiently varied intensity to be distinguishable. At least for the gems they're of different styles as well for the 3 colors.

But for the keys I guess you'd just have to go by the different numbers on a large chest to stay acquainted with what your spread of keys remaining are (they're always listed in the same order from left-right).

I somehow doubt new art assets are in store to make the 3 keys look different shapewise at this point unfortunately.
Made some quick mock-ups.
Vision TypeResulting Image
Normal1678065839268.png
Protanomaly1678065829858.png
Deuteranomaly1678065926124.png
Tritanomaly1678065913083.png
Protanopia1678065939508.png
Deuteranopia1678065960547.png
Tritanopia1678065982819.png
Achromatopsia1678066000365.png

Tritanopia and Achromatopsia are the hardest to tell, with Achromatopsia being near impossible to tell between. Regardless, better accessibility is just one of the many changes I think this event needs. I'm probably just skipping this event on live. I don't have the patience to deal with playing it perfectly every single day to get the equivalent of one of the 2019 Winter Train if I mess up. At least those I can add cars to.

Attachments

• 1678065877764.png
    1678065877764.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 1678065979276.png
    1678065979276.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 4
So what are the mad strats for this event?

Not to unlock all the keys?
Unlock the keys and then swap boards?
Go for getting all level 4 keys?
Submit level 3 keys?
Only using blank keys with key part items to result in more keys for more energies?
Combining all key parts together to clear the board?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So what are the mad strats for this event?

Not to unlock all the keys?
Unlock the keys and then swap boards?
Go for getting all level 4 keys?
Submit level 3 keys?
Only using blank keys with key part items to result in more keys for more energies?
Combining all key parts together to clear the board?

Unlocking keys is good, but don't obsess about getting them all. Reset boards when it's getting less likely you get something useful from the spawner. (i.e. not a key - or possibly even not a match)

Level 4 keys should *usually* be what you're aiming for. i.e. in the worst case scenario combining 2 level 3 keys into 1 level 4 is still a gain of a key. But don't rush to do it til you're preparing to reset boards (you might get a non-key or non-full key level 3 to combine with one of them first and get 3 + 1 key instead). I usually hold my level 3 keys til the end before deciding what to do with them.

Don't submit your last complete level 4 of each color until just before you reset the board - collect all frozen level 4s of the color at that moment. Then submit the key.

zookeepers

Marquis
Well, basically, you should NEVER convert any single block to keys while you are spawning new blocks on the map. L4 blocks can be converted if you have multiple of the color, but there is no need to do that.

-Alin-

Emperor
I love this ... o_O
Screenshot_20230306-093134-804.png

Screenshot_20230306-093718-910.png

3 green keys
3 blue keys
****loads of Red keys
Total 24 keys ...
150 energies+ 20 for reset

Last edited:
Easy chance for 3 green gems to open gold chest for you. But after that, chest shuffling decides your chances of opening chest.

In this event game, three random generators and I dislike all three of them. One is, board clearance award (previous one with 10keys reward is my favorite) where now give useless items without 10keys reward. Second one is, chest shuffling after each chest open(no standard position for chest category). Third one is the most disliking one, the great free spawn option. Awesome game transforming into one hell of a game with few modifications, only Foe developers can do it. Great job devs!! Take your promotion and kindly request you to find someother job and leave the foe forever.

One thing I would like to add for the devs - why arn't the anniversary portraits of the devs/staff working at inno ? Or maybe they are and I have no idea, but it would be neat to dedicate part of the game to the people producing it for the anniversary.

Beta King

Viceroy
One thing I would like to add for the devs - why arn't the anniversary portraits of the devs/staff working at inno ? Or maybe they are and I have no idea, but it would be neat to dedicate part of the game to the people producing it for the anniversary.
Yes I agree this anniversary event will be epic when it goes live and it needs to be memorialized with a Dev portrait! Who will volunteer to be the lucky dev?