• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

-Alin-

Emperor
Gem level 1-2 to give one progress point.
Gem level 3-4 to give 2 progress points.
Decreasing the values to just doubled not tripled ammount of keys needed to unlock a chest.
Reducing the daily chances from 24% to 20% on the bigger chest, same for other smaller chests, according to their value.
Fixing the board to NOT spawn the gems colors You don't have on the board.

This will leave a margine error for many people and will not give a major impact in winning dailies.
And for people that want to spend diamonds and money, they will spend anyway, but not hundreds of thousands for 10000 progress.

@MooingCat
While I normally would agree with you, most here are doing everything possible to balance the seeming, imbalance.

1) I'm not a fan of using the DC everyday to better my event odds (because it's repetitive for multiple weeks to ONLY pick keys), but my key wins from this are ALSO predominately FIRE. But hey, I"m trying to get some variety, but it's not being successful. Maybe change the DC to 9 GREEN or 9 BLUE, or 5GREEN/4BLUE package. SO 3 choice, and NO FIRE.​
2) The generation FROM BOTH the "10 energy" gem spawn button, AND new board creation events are also creating part of the "TOO MUCH FIRE" problem.​

People in LIVE are all going to have this same perception and reality we've got and we've posted here - unless it's changed. Look at the posts here with picture of these severe imbalances. We've heard it from day 1.

The math of 48 samples is comfortingly balanced ONLY to quants. I'm not seeing it play out in the population here in beta, OR my own game (right now).

It's abundantly clear to me that I can't change that with math or enough strategy to make a difference. He'nce, it's demoralzing.

I maintain that the minute this becomes DEMORALIZING to LIVE players, they are NOT going to trudge through the complexity this event represents to continue on. Or listen to excuses. This must be tuned NOW, or adoption will suffer.

For live users, it's easier to stop after a few days of tractionless progress, and complain privately, and then - go public - gathering support that once again - players are being screwed.

Right or wrong - it will be a gathering avalanche of negative opinion, and it doesn't have to be if this is FIXED before live.

I'd even suggest they DOUBLE beta test it (clean the slate, and start us again...) with more "friendly" event math.
Thank you for nailing it down!!!! There should be either better balancing or a possibility to open chests also with remaining keys. Any other option is annoying

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
before the first nerf, a well informed player about how to play the minigame was able to earn enough key master's workshop to have 3 copies at level 4, with some diamonds spent maybe a 4th one. now, with a level 91 blue galaxy, those 3 workshops would allow you to have 1 kit every 10 days, enough to have 3 towers at level 11 per year and obviously 6 in 2 years, with a total of 7 in 2 years. how is that being too generous when 7 in 2 years means 147 squares and in therms of FPs a max. of 112 FPs and in therms of attack no more than 190% of attack? in 2 years!!! if you compare that with all the expansions you can have in FoE, that is nothing! you are not giving any incredible in long therms to any player! and in 2 years Innogames can easly create an event with buildings which can make those towers obsolete.

Innogames was not too generous, was finally a good company to us during an event. . . .
Before the first nerf, I think somewhere around 5-6 keymasters workshops were possible with just the pass. I initially started spending a bit of my beta diamonds on this event hoping to hit the 12,750 milestone + silver league for the last upgrade for a 3rd tower. I don't know what it'd actually have cost, because the first nerf hit before I had solidified my strategy and made some sort of projection where I'd end - and I haven't made any effort to go back and dwell on what could've been. But it was thinkable.

Between the first and second nerf, I was looking at comfortably hitting 8500 still but 12750 was now out of reach even if i spent all my saved up beta diamonds. I regretted my original diamond expenditures because they seemed like they'd just leave me further into no-man's land with a 3rd half-building. 8500 seemed like it'd take near-perfect-play on live (without diamonds).

After the second nerf I was already past 8k, and have just pulled past 8750 today to finish my second tower without waiting for the last upgrade. My projections for live if it released as-is are that I will hit 3750 for free there, but some of my friends are likely to be frustrated by it. Overall I'm now glad I spent diamonds in phase 1 because I don't know how close I'd be otherwise to the 2nd tower.

Dessire

Regent
Before the first nerf, I think somewhere around 5-6 keymasters workshops were possible with just the pass. I initially started spending a bit of my beta diamonds on this event hoping to hit the 12,750 milestone + silver league for the last upgrade for a 3rd tower. I don't know what it'd actually have cost, because the first nerf hit before I had solidified my strategy and made some sort of projection where I'd end - and I haven't made any effort to go back and dwell on what could've been. But it was thinkable.

Between the first and second nerf, I was looking at comfortably hitting 8500 still but 12750 was now out of reach even if i spent all my saved up beta diamonds. I regretted my original diamond expenditures because they seemed like they'd just leave me further into no-man's land with a 3rd half-building. 8500 seemed like it'd take near-perfect-play on live (without diamonds).

After the second nerf I was already past 8k, and have just pulled past 8750 today to finish my second tower without waiting for the last upgrade. My projections for live if it released as-is are that I will hit 3750 for free there, but some of my friends are likely to be frustrated by it. Overall I'm now glad I spent diamonds in phase 1 because I don't know how close I'd be otherwise to the 2nd tower.
all I know is: if innogames do not remove one of those horrible nerfs, I will not spend real money to buy the pass and just wait for the wild life event. I hope one of the 1x4 decoration gives 3 FPs and not 2. that would be awesome for me as an FP productor. but 3 fps in a 1x4 decoration sounds too good.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
The problem with an event that is too generous they explained quite well as a concern of balance - it hurts the longevity of the game if people get everything they want too fast by rapidly trivializing existing content (which will always be the majority of content in the game - it takes too long to make new content for it to be otherwise).

Now I do agree they overcorrected here by making it very tightly balanced now as a minigame that's going to require some experimentation - and that is unlikely to be played efficiently by the majority of players. I can hear the *it's impossible* ringing in my ears already. Perhaps after data on how the last week was played there'll be a correction to some sort of middle-ground between phase 2 and 3 of the beta - likely at this point if so it'll come between beta and live.
There is no balance anymore. Everything we get, we get in excess. You don't really need more goods, coins, supplies, medals, or forge points; your city is filled with buildings that produce a glut of them anyways. You don't need more attack boost, unless you're trying to get one more fight in per day in GBG; GE is easy, GvG is a joke.

Unless Inno rebalances GE (again) or changes something about the core of the game, you simply don't need any of the boosts that these buildings provide. Sure, your city gets more efficient, but to what end?

With how this event is balanced, I'm considering just sitting it out. I find the minigame to be a pain and I know most live players will struggle to hit the 3750 mark without spending diamonds because they simply haven't had time to learn the minigame yet (and they shouldn't be required to). With every new event, this game feels like it's nosediving into the ground.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There is no balance anymore. Everything we get, we get in excess. You don't really need more goods, coins, supplies, medals, or forge points; your city is filled with buildings that produce a glut of them anyways. You don't need more attack boost, unless you're trying to get one more fight in per day in GBG; GE is easy, GvG is a joke.

Unless Inno rebalances GE (again) or changes something about the core of the game, you simply don't need any of the boosts that these buildings provide. Sure, your city gets more efficient, but to what end?

With how this event is balanced, I'm considering just sitting it out. I find the minigame to be a pain and I know most live players will struggle to hit the 3750 mark without spending diamonds because they simply haven't had time to learn the minigame yet (and they shouldn't be required to). With every new event, this game feels like it's nosediving into the ground.
The concern is for a new city. Because yes, my fully developed ones don't *need* anything really (well actually they might given the GE5 spoilers - but not the half that appeals to me now if so ;)).

But how many events does it take a new city to reach that trivialization point is the concern. The way this event *was* balanced, the answer was "1", this one (say 2 shiny new towers + 7 eagle mountains - for free!). That's obviously *way* over the top.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
If this is going to live with this same hard balance logic, I prefer one small change in the event which is like making premium pass getting unlocked by diamonds instead of money. I wouldn't raise any complaints about balance if this happened.

joyfulrider

Squire
After giving sweetest candy to children and next day taking the children near to candy shop telling they should not ask for the sweetest candy again is always a problem. It made feel like, same thing happening here too for many people.

Beta players celebrated this event already very much (check the gold league count in the event). At least the current balance put a clean obstacle for mocking the gold league in the live server.

If they are going to give old balance logic at any chance, they need to remove phantom tower from the building listing and add that building as separate reward in Halloween event. It wil be too vibrant to change the balance and give that building as reward.

joyfulrider

Squire
If this is going to live with this same hard balance logic, I prefer one small change in the event which is like making premium pass getting unlocked by diamonds instead of money. I wouldn't raise any complaints about balance if this happened.
It's still not a balancing change for new comers who enter into the game few months/weeks back. I totally understand why you ask for that change, it will open gates for more players to enjoy the event but not for everyone. Money is common for all, It's a controversial argument and that's how it should be.

I honestly love this event. It's the first one that I've found enjoyable in a long time, and I love the prizes. The only thing I'd like to see change before it goes to the live servers is more variety in the pieces you get when you spend the 10 energy increments, instead of mostly just 1 color (varies by board which one is overdone).
Just today, outcome from 60 daily free energies (20 used on previous board). This is simply ridiculous!

Screenshot_21.png

Last edited:

zookeepers

Marquis
From a strategic point of veiw, you shouldn't have converted the L4 block that you might have, especially if it was a green one. There are no more L3 greens on the board, and relreasing 4 L4 green is tough now.

If that wasn't the case, excuse me.

I don't care about clearing the board since prizes are good, but not breathtaking. Only what I care about are keys (but not the red ones), to get most of them from the board. In fact it was only 6 spawns, bc I've spent 20 energies on previous board.

Now waiting 4h for production to finish, hoping for anything blue and green to spawn.

Screenshot_22.png

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
It appears diamonds are no longer the premium currency in foe due to the diamond farms and ease of getting them free so from here forward only expect all paywalls to be cold hard cash for Inno's pocket. Maybe we can convince them to start a buyback program of diamonds for cash "credits" that we can use toward the premium pass.

Yekk

Viceroy
The current event uses a exponential curve for resetting the board and is linear for progress on the event/anniversary prizes. If both changed to logistic curves (sigmoidal "S" curves) it seems to me the goal of getting free players their first fully leveled, diamond players a reasonable second event building, and for whales increased costs for each added fully leveled event/anniversary building.

The plus is that this both allows for doing boards at a players leisure (to a point) and limits the ability to game the system. Both problems. One to the player and the other to Inno. Event play is more enjoyable and self limiting.

Kronan

Viceroy
Can't catch a break, can I?

250 daily energy in, as well as 2x 20 incident (=40 more) = total 290. Look at all the green, my most needed gem color, that I can't consummate to help me.

can't catch a break - 100.JPG

pnumekin

Farmer
After several weeks playing with my phone only, I just found out today that an event was ongoing.
So I clicked on the arrows to learn how it works, but I'm stuck with this arrow asking me to click on a gray/inactive button.
I cannot do anything, completely stuck...
Help!

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 16-57-47 Forge of Empires.png

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
After several weeks playing with my phone only, I just found out today that an event was ongoing.
So I clicked on the arrows to learn how it works, but I'm stuck with this arrow asking me to click on a gray/inactive button.
I cannot do anything, completely stuck...
Help!

View attachment 9048
Not a real solution, but try completing the daily challenge that gives keys, might give you the red keys you need.

This is a result of the latest nerf where they increased the cost of chests by 3x, but forgot to update the tutorial.