• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
While we haven't had any statements for specific events, there is this from the announcement when they removed the event surprise box (emphasis added):
I’m afraid they’re losing there memory, while rebalancing this event in particular. St. Patrick’s day is a stretch but because the final level is farmable (although it’ll take app. 5 months) it’s technically very achievable.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I see that, gems ratio per board cannot be guaranteed and collecting keys also needs to be in same ratio per each color keys. What I meant was, keys obtained to open chest (3/6/9) cannot be matched with reset energy spend. Need to correct the sentence in my earlier comment. That's not a conceptual comparison or analysis.
It's true he's a bit optimistic about "only gold ratio" on the chests - but from playing around with what it takes to dump extra fire keys earlier in the event, I think about 90% of gold ratio is accomplishable on average - and have erased fire surpluses multiple times over the event without issue to feel it's consistent to do so.

I find his 140 energy per board to be a bit high though - so I think you can actually get more boards than he went with - lower keys/board but more keys/energy overall.

My working averages: 106.1 energy per board, 20.6 gems freed per board, 17.9 keys per board, 1.15 progress / key (gold is 1.28).

22 days of 3 resets per board :

67 boards
60*22 resets
-------
total: 8323 energy for 1380 progress + 1199 keys for 1379 progress = 2718.

Additional boards will be added at a cost of an 80 reset + 106.1 = 186.1 energy. 2200 spare energy gives us: 11 of those = 227 progress + 197 keys for 227 progress = 554.

So we're up to 3272 without any unreasonable luck demands.

Now we add in 20*9 = 180 keys (generally you only have 20 days of the daily special being the special one in an event ; the first and last day are both ineligible). 207 progress.

And 21 double chests (maybe 22, don't remember if the first day had a double chest or not) : 21 * 23 = 483 progress.

2718 + 554 + 207 + 483 = 3962. With a cushion of 5% for bad luck/choices :p

----

But what we're focused on shouldn't just be possibility, but *plausibility* - very few players are going to play the event to that degree of accuracy! Hell, *I* wouldn't have without playing it on beta first! So while it's *possible*, it should still be improved some so that it's *likely* for your average player that makes some amount of error in their play :)

-Alin-

Emperor
While we haven't had any statements for specific events, there is this from the announcement when they removed the event surprise box (emphasis added):
Yes, full level for the main building but the golden kit is not included, they are stating their buildings as maximum level without that golden kit, like they did with druid hut, Archdruid in their opinion is Something completely different ...

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Yeah, It's not good enough that this event has a small chance if you play things "correctly". There is such a wide range of possible ways to play the minigame, with no clear indication what's best without experimenting (or looking at third party guides), that there must be a good safety net. St. Pat and Wildlife are great examples of this. This year you have a lot of spare pots of gold, making a wide range of strategies good enough to get the level 9 building (and generate the level 10 fragments from there). Similarly, last year's Wildlife event it was possible to get multiple additional animal crossing levels if you focused on it. These two events are complicated, so this kind of balancing is necessary, otherwise people less comfortable with the minigames will have no chance to complete the building. It's the same story for this event. I wouldn't say it's as complex as St. Pat and Wildlife, but it's definitely not simple. There has to be a safety net. Limit dailies if that's the problem, don't limit grand prizes.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
But what we're focused on shouldn't just be possibility, but *plausibility* - very few players are going to play the event to that degree of accuracy! Hell, *I* wouldn't have without playing it on beta first! So while it's *possible*, it should still be improved some so that it's *likely* for your average player that makes some amount of error in their play :)
At this point every event is balanced assuming players have knowledge from Beta, and are ready to start using the best strategy from the moment the minigame starts. I'd even go so far as to say this event requires having played the event on Beta just to get a sense of how the minigame works.

For a casual player that doesn't even know Beta exists, and really only plays the game without watching any videos, going on the forums, etc. this event is impossible. By the time you figure out how the game works and whether or not you should be clearing the board every time, you've already lost.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Yes, full level for the main building but the golden kit is not included, they are stating their buildings as maximum level without that golden kit, like they did with druid hut, Archdruid in their opinion is Something completely different ...
Yeah that's BS, it's not a "fully upgraded event building" until the event building is fully upgraded, which is clearly the golden upgrade. They can try as much as they want, but if that's the way they're going it's probably time to pack the bags. So far it's 1/1 for possible to get golden kit (st pat), let's see how it continues. Right now I'd probably classify this as a 0/1, but still time to change.

Beta King

Viceroy
Yeah that's BS, it's not a "fully upgraded event building" until the event building is fully upgraded, which is clearly the golden upgrade. They can try as much as they want, but if that's the way they're going it's probably time to pack the bags. So far it's 1/1 for possible to get golden kit (st pat), let's see how it continues. Right now I'd probably classify this as a 0/1, but still time to change.
Maybe when they changed the name after the golden upgrade by adding Phantom in front of tower that makes it a different building to them like putting Arch in front of druid and calling it a new building although that was not the case with the canal's and chocolate factories or any other event building that they made the last upgrade selectable.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe when they changed the name after the golden upgrade by adding Phantom in front of tower that makes it a different building to them like putting Arch in front of druid and calling it a new building although that was not the case with the canal's and chocolate factories or any other event building that they made the last upgrade selectable.
They had been trying to sell the golden upgrade as a "special bonus level" - that by making it a separate kit the building was already "done" and you're not entitled to that special level that makes the building actually-good. But the community revolted on that in st pat's event - and they patched it up a little.

Here the golden kit is just placed like any old upgrade kit in the line. So it certainly didn't seem like they were trying to make it inaccessible. (Rather instead it seemed they were going with multiple OP Keymaster's Workshops being the greedy $ carrot (which with blue galaxy can each make a level 11 tower per year; so 4-6 of them = 4-6 extra towers in a year).

But I sure hope they don't try to say the golden kit doesn't count as a reason for why the current balance is fine.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
  1. The final level is an upgrade from the level 10 building
  2. The building occupies the same space in the city
  3. The internal IDs are literally level 11 of the building:
    • Level 10: ANNI23A10
    • Royal: ANNI23A11a
    • Cardinal: ANNI23A11b
    • Phantom: ANNI23A11c
    • Scholar: ANNI23A11d
It's the same building.

D-Best

Squire
Well, maybe they should limit the golden upgrades for the buildings from the last events, like they will do with the Governor's Villa. That way, everyone would be happy. Governor's Villa is already one of the best buildings in the game, the golden upgrade would only make it better. Then they can put the golden upgrades behind the paywalls because there are literally no reasons to make them free. There are so many buildings that can be improved.

Also I didn't understand these special upgrades when they were introduced and I still don't understand their meaning now. First, you could've got them from the premium prizes line and from the grand prizes line as well, but fragmented and far away from the last upgrade, then you could've got fragments from the production of the last free level of the building, then you could've got full golden upgrades from the grand prizes (and imediately after the last upgrade you needed for the full free leveled building), but you could've got selection kits which contain golden ups from the league rewards (1-5%)... and from the premium prizes too. So here comes my question: why? Why not simply leave the "golden upgrade" a normal upgrade and just make it more difficult to obtain? Because it's obvious that for the last two buildings which needed it, they didn't get overpowered.

Also I'm pro golden upgrades, but not the way they were implemented so far. Looking forward for changes. Big ones.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regarding how to tweak the current balance, I think after chewing over numbers rather extensively, I think the right way for them to go is to both:

- give us more energy from quests : tack on 20 per day to the daily connect (to 100), 10 per quest to the rush quests (to 100), and 30 per day to the daily quests (to 200). Total gain: 1470 Energy over the event - but mostly loaded into the time-delayed portion. Maybe another 500 to the 2nd milestone as well for the same reason. Rationale: When a few days in people start screaming it's "impossible", it may not be too late for advice of the "you're doing it wrong" variety to save the event for them. Furthermore, this event does not use extra energy efficiently for the most part, so it's less of a boost to the top end that plays the whole event right - it just adds in cushion for those who make early mistakes learning. Extra bonus: beta will miss out on most of the benefit (which it doesn't need because of the inital state of balance).

- adjust the energy purchases with diamonds : did I mention how inefficient extra energy can be? Increase the energy in all offers by ~50% at minimum.

mcbluefire

Baronet
The problem is the golden upgrade only makes a building that is on par to past fully upgraded buildings and the level before it is on par with all but the last level upgraded buildings.... so like D-Best said, completely implemented wrong and OBVIOUSLY as an attempt to make folks pay for the level to fully upgrade event buildings as a way to step around the promise made previously.

So lame.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Regarding how to tweak the current balance, I think after chewing over numbers rather extensively, I think the right way for them to go is to both:

- give us more energy from quests : tack on 20 per day to the daily connect (to 100), 10 per quest to the rush quests (to 100), and 30 per day to the daily quests (to 200). Total gain: 1470 Energy over the event - but mostly loaded into the time-delayed portion. Maybe another 500 to the 2nd milestone as well for the same reason. Rationale: When a few days in people start screaming it's "impossible", it may not be too late for advice of the "you're doing it wrong" variety to save the event for them. Furthermore, this event does not use extra energy efficiently for the most part, so it's less of a boost to the top end that plays the whole event right - it just adds in cushion for those who make early mistakes learning. Extra bonus: beta will miss out on most of the benefit (which it doesn't need because of the inital state of balance).

- adjust the energy purchases with diamonds : did I mention how inefficient extra energy can be? Increase the energy in all offers by ~50% at minimum.

But why should folks need to execute work on 3-4 boards daily? These solutions don't help with the other elephant in the room which is folks not wanting to do boards every dang day, especially not more than one.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
But why should folks need to execute work on 3-4 boards daily? These solutions don't help with the other elephant in the room which is folks not wanting to do boards every dang day, especially not more than one.
Well I don't think *that* is solvable. I think short of removing the option to reset boards at all (which would involve much more drastic rebalancing), we will always need to do something every day with the way this event is designed. (And that inno may even consider that desirable).

Emberguard

Emperor
That logic also falls apart the moment you look at the Graveyard or Cider Mill which changes name and size of the building with each upgrade

Retired Guy

Marquis
The mechanics are actually fairly simple.. just don't think about it cause it'll drive you off a cliff.. Do the boards.. collect keys.. open chests with those keys to get "atoms" for progress on main prize line.. Doesn't matter what the daily special is, that's not the objective.. Objective is for you to do x" boards each day, open "y" chests (cause the atoms they generate seem to diminish the more you open).. and make progress on main prize line. It's "not" the Forge Bowl where you can wait, and persue the Daily Special you want.. I guess you could, pursue a daily special, at the expense of the main prize line.. You'd almost think Inno thinks those Daily Special items are physical inventory, and they're forcing you to "buy" up old inventory...

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
The mechanics are actually fairly simple.. just don't think about it cause it'll drive you off a cliff.. Do the boards.. collect keys.. open chests with those keys to get "atoms" for progress on main prize line.. Doesn't matter what the daily special is, that's not the object.. Object is for you to do x" boards each day, open "y" chests (cause the atoms they generate seem to diminish the more you open).. and make progress on main prize line. It's "not" the Forge Bowl where you can wait, and persue the Daily Special you want.. You'd almost think Inno thinks those Daily Special items are physical inventory, and they;re forcing you to "buy" up old inventory...
Please be specific on which you targetting grand prize or daily prize. There is no way one player can get both the things on their favour. Also, buying the pass doesn't help you in event mini game. It is meant only for the city. So event progress is standalone procedure to retrieve needed buildings either from pass or non-pass. All agreed after playing many boards, mechanics (merging gems for keys) are simple. But the problem all are raising is not on the mechanics, it is on keys classification to open chests and energy progress from boards, since you need to do it accurate very daily. I came here to play for fun with decent thinking and analysis, but it is asking me to keep a tight hold of game every inch till the event is over. That's really not expected from the game which I liked most!!