• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Astrid

Baronet
So they just nerfed the hell out of it.

St. Patrick is a fiasco begging for diamonds and / or money to finish the building without waiting for 150 collections and we are going in the same direction with the anniversary. The introduction of golden upgrades has been a complete mess and against the players.

"inno devs are quick to make changes unlike in GbG and hundreds of suggestions."

No, they just do what they are told to by the marketing department that comes with all the "brilliant" ideas to force us to spend our diamonds and money if we want to complete event buildings.

It's all non sense, I will most likely stop posting here, since nothing good is taken into consideration(on the contrary actually) and I consider to quit the game by the end of the year.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Did a couple rounds with the new progress balancing... it feels not rewarding/satisfactory at all...
It is depressing to see that the golden kit is not in the cards anymore when playing without using diamonds - probably not even the level 10 building.

I am fine if not everybody gets the golden kit for free, but it should be achievable for free with good Strategy and/or Effort - it not being available at all is not good.

Last edited:

Will-em

Merchant
This event went from top notch to rock bottom due to 1 update. It's just a joke as of now. As it was before the update, it was worth spending money/diamonds on, now I will wait untill Pirate event I guess or won't be buying diamonds at all anymore if it is not rewarding for those that actually make your job still being available.

Emberguard

Emperor
I see 2 things:
- those who test in closed beta are really incapable since inno systematically adjusts with the beta results.

I don't think that's what it shows at all. Last time I recall the devs used their own testers they made it too difficult because the tester was better at the mini-game than your average player, and had a lot longer to get familiar with the mechanics.

I'm inclined to think they did it this way to find out what the average player was capable of the first time they pick up the minigame, and gave lots of currency so we'd have ample wiggle-room for scaling back when they do the rebalancing

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Thanks Inno.
I'm not the only one to think that there are too many events that follow one another without a real break. I know some will remind me that they are not mandatory but when the building is worth it, we all feel compelled to participate.
So, I was saying Thanks Inno.
Thanks to your modifications, always with a direction, you now give a reason not to be continuously involved in the events. And when you admit that events are your number 1 source of income, you will then realize that your profits will be significantly reduced with player fatigue.
Thanks to your attitude, I discovered a competitive game that emphasizes strategy instead of randomness. I stay on the game to continue chatting with friends I made after 10 years of playing but my money will now go elsewhere, towards a game that amuses me and no longer a game that squeezes me like a lemon with so many hypocrisy.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The only ways to saving this event are;
1.) double energy from all sources
2.) decrease the needed progress for each milestone, according to the most reasonable to be expected progress without incidents for the golden upgrade

@EmpireGirl they'll charge us for participating in events in the future :p

Beta King

Viceroy
Inno bureaucrats just have a talent for spoiling everything, I've already forgotten when I had to rejoice in their changes. Soon they will start demand to pay € for each improvement of the building separately, and not just for the last level...
Honestly they should just set up a store and sell upgrades for buildings for $$$ and not bother with events, they would probably sell more if people didn't have to jump through hoops and then have to pay for it at the end anyway.

Kami Kaye

Farmer
Wow. You guys had a REALLY decent event going...and in an effort to balance it out, instead of upping your game with the other events, you completely nerfed this one. Sadly I'm not shocked. I was so excited about this event coming live, I thought finally there was a really decent event that gave me a good amount of rewards that I actually wanted, including some of those "golden" prizes. As a very new player in the world of FoE, it's very difficult to catch up in any way, and this event was going to help me do just that. I don't care that now I get 9 keys daily instead of 3, especially since I've got an overabundance of fire keys...what I care about is that you completely nerfed the rest of the event and made it significantly less desirable to get through.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Yes the new balancing is not good enough, but let's wait a bit before we bring out the pitchforks. We've provided reasons and numbers to back up our claims the event is now unbalanced, and I'm sure Inno's numbers will back up that as well. There have already been two big rebalancing updates, and there is still plenty of time for further such updates.

Another point I'd like to bring up is the fact that optimal play involves playing daily, that is something that should be accounted for in balancing. A lot of players won't have the time/will for that. Not saying that has to be changed, but similar to St Pat and Wildlife this event needs a good buffer to allow more casual players to get close as well.

Kronan

Viceroy
Good advice, @MooingCat. Let's see if the porridge is just right. Part II of the problem if they left it as the event windfall it was, is setting expectations for future events to be the same, and a massive rejection by players when it wasn't.

So I agree they seem to have swung too far the other way, but can't really lock that view in yet by playing.
As well, your point about daily playing = optimal play is excellent, and I hope it's embraced. It's almost Pavlovian of this community to "save up big wads of event currency" and dump them all. (a la Forge Bowl's design). This event requires patient metering and daily play.

I personally did the FORGE BOWL "save up" to nearly 7000 energy in total, and was successful, but I can see why that may not always be the best approach for success on this one, once I learned the deeper mechanics and fine points of playing.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Gonna go sharpen my pitchfork now though.. maybe there's an explanation, but it went from good, to okay... to simply crappy .. I don't have any 4 piece keys on my current board, but I'm assuming they're now 1 also ?
They are.

And I would describe it going from "Bonkers" to "Very Generous" and now a big jump to "Stingy Scroogelike". I don't think they've hit merely "okay" at any point yet.

I do hope for a last rebalance, this time in the player's favor. Primarily focused on increasing grand prize progress in some manner (probably the progress from chests is the right place to increase it if they want the focus to be on playing the game for keys). I think they probably have to almost-double it from its current state.

I do believe the 3750 right now would be *barely* hittable from the start with my best-suited strategy attempted so far and the bonus progress from daily challenge keys and max-double-exp-chest at the start of a day. But that's asking a *lot* for a game that requires some experimentation.

Boards Per Day​
Reset Energy​
Energy Per Day​
Progress / Day​
Total Energy for Event​
Total Progress for Event​
Approx Diamonds​
1​
0​
106.1​
41.185​
2334​
906​
2​
20​
232.2​
82.37​
5108​
1812​
3​
60​
378.3​
123.555​
8323​
2718​
4​
140​
564.4​
164.74​
12417​
3624​
4652​
5​
300​
830.5​
205.925​
18271​
4530​
18859​

3.5 boards per day should hit ~3100. Double-24-Chests should be worth about 504. And Daily Challenge keys should be worth ~200. so that's a total of ~3800, barely past the 3750.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
It's really disturbing with the recent changes!! - Anniversary celebration event never supposed to be this much worst and stressful. Feeling headache after playing two boards.

Whoever support this change in Dev Team (Manager, Lead, Head etc), please terminate (bit harsh - okay change them to do testing) or ask them to go for a vacation without 2 months salary.

Retired Guy

Marquis
I think this event clarifies the need to change the developer \ beta test (us) relationship. I would assume that Inno has some sort of event simulator that predicts the outcome of an event, and during DEVELOPMENT they code to meet that expectation..... OR..... someone just throws a dart and we go from there.

WE SHOULD BE PROVIDED WITH THOSE EXPECTATIONS, so we're able to expend our energy actually "beta testing", rather than ranting about this nerf, that nerf etc. To go from 8/4/2/1 to 4/3/2/1 to 1/1/1/1 , and then doubling of keys required, suggests the process may well be.. "hold my beer, while I throw this dart.. then you can have a turn"

Com'on Inno.. you can do better!

Astrid

Baronet
Lol they also changed the minigame. Now it spawns mostly level 1 and level 2 stones. They made it more dumb so everyone can merge stones right away.

-Alin-

Emperor
Yes the new balancing is not good enough, but let's wait a bit before we bring out the pitchforks. We've provided reasons and numbers to back up our claims the event is now unbalanced, and I'm sure Inno's numbers will back up that as well. There have already been two big rebalancing updates, and there is still plenty of time for further such updates.

Another point I'd like to bring up is the fact that optimal play involves playing daily, that is something that should be accounted for in balancing. A lot of players won't have the time/will for that. Not saying that has to be changed, but similar to St Pat and Wildlife this event needs a good buffer to allow more casual players to get close as well.

I prefer to take my pitchforks anyway, not the first time they messed up things.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Lol they also changed the minigame. Now it spawns mostly level 1 and level 2 stones. They made it more dumb so everyone can merge stones right away.
I do not think that is the case in general - you probably just got a randomly odd board

PS - I just generated this board:
1677600542992.png