• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Kronan

Viceroy
That a pretty jammed pack grouping of individual changes we got today - I wonder what the actual outcome will be as we play from now to the end of the event - for 8 more days.

I kept adding to my knowledge base as I played. That came by learning from mistakes and trying some ideas. I was able to clear almost every board byt a few.

So - once I learned the basics and studied for the finer points, I've now earned 2 conjunction bases, the base upgrades to 10 and the golden upgrade kit. My PHANTOM is placed now.

I'll continue playing for the next 8 days to try to help determine if it's gone from too loose, to now, too tight.

Retired Guy

Marquis
I see the key values changed.. huge benefit for those who used their energy stash early.. better league placement, more prizes, etc.. oh well, that's what beta is all about I guess.. They were 8 (/4/2/1). Then they were/are 4 (/3/2/1). Maybe next update they will be 1 (/1/1/1).

jtrucker

Baronet
Oh another nerfing. Of course, How could I have hoped otherwise... :mad:
The bad part of the nerfing at the end is that we will never know if the gold upgrade is possible to get for free on live server or not. Since there is lower income of the "atomic" points (they remind me of 3d model of atom with 3 electrons) from broken glass and overall less number of the same points from chests (same amount per chest, but more keys needed = fewer points overall in the event), it is completely unknown whether you can get 3750 atomic points for free on live or not. And that sucks. Not the fact that it might be impossible, but the fact that you cannot know it before you actually finish the event on live.
If I should guess, Inno will do anything possible to mathematically make it impossible to get 3750 pts for free, to force people into buying the premium price line.
But I admit, I was proven wrong before, we can all hope that I'm wrong again.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
The bad part of the nerfing at the end is that we will never know if the gold upgrade is possible to get for free on live server or not. Since there is lower income of the "atomic" points (they remind me of 3d model of atom with 3 electrons) from broken glass and overall less number of the same points from chests (same amount per chest, but more keys needed = fewer points overall in the event), it is completely unknown whether you can get 3750 atomic points for free on live or not. And that sucks. Not the fact that it might be impossible, but the fact that you cannot know it before you actually finish the event on live.
If I should guess, Inno will do anything possible to mathematically make it impossible to get 3750 pts for free, to force people into buying the premium price line.
Well, we can try to get a rough estimate and figure out the amount of energy spent per grand prize progress and then go from there. It won't matter too much though, we'll probably get another nerf a couple of days before the event actually hits live anyways.

CrashBoom

Legend
does the age of the units package in the inventory advance with the player ?
so Titan units when I open it there ?
or does it stay in Jupiter age ?

(if it stays it would actually be useless and the units could be given directly)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
does the age of the units package in the inventory advance with the player ?
so Titan units when I open it there ?
or does it stay in Jupiter age ?

(if it stays it would actually be useless and the units could be given directly)
It should advance I'd think. There's no age listed on the item itself, only on what it rewards.

Not that one expects Titan Champions to be worth much. They haven't been competitive units since CE? (they were useful for a time in TE/FE/AF but various changes to the game (the hover adjustment, fixing AF units, proliferation of boost that makes abilities even more important than stats) made that no longer the case really), but who knows :p

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, we can try to get a rough estimate and figure out the amount of energy spent per grand prize progress and then go from there. It won't matter too much though, we'll probably get another nerf a couple of days before the event actually hits live anyways.
I doubt they'll nerf this any further than the latest round - I think they've now hit the point where it's so tight, half the population will decry it impossible on live (won't really see that outcry on beta probably, because the league table shows that the top 20% is already past 1 full building and needs nothing more after the last nerf - so who knows how many more are close).

They might even come back with a final round of buffs :p

jtrucker

Baronet
@Juber
There is an error in the announcement.
This sentence:
This time the focus is on increasing the value of keys.
is in direct contradiction with the following sentence:
We have increased the requirement for keys in every chest. You now need 3x the amount than before.

If you need 3 times as many keys to open the same chest, you are - as matter of fact - decreasing the value of each key (to 1/3 of the former value), not increasing it.

No need to uninstall. Just close the helper window and the button cover disappear. I actually like it. Prevents me from losing the keys when resetting the board.
I thought this was added by Inno to the board, because there were complaints before that you could reset the board on which there were still triple keys and you would only get one in return. I didn't have a problem with it, because I always convert all of them, but I thought it was added and cool, no one's keys will be "forfeited" by it. Only that it stays after closing the board. I figured it out that closing Helper window makes it disappear.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I thought this was added by Inno to the board, because there were complaints before that you could reset the board on which there were still triple keys and you would only get one in return. I didn't have a problem with it, because I always convert all of them, but I thought it was added and cool, no one's keys will be "forfeited" by it. Only that it stays after closing the board. I figured it out that closing Helper window makes it disappear.
It's something Inno *should* fix, but right now at least it's up to third party tools :/ A simple warning if you have keys left would be great and should be really easy to implement.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
@Juber
There is an error in the announcement.
This sentence:
This time the focus is on increasing the value of keys.
is in direct contradiction with the following sentence:
We have increased the requirement for keys in every chest. You now need 3x the amount than before.

If you need 3 times as many keys to open the same chest, you are - as matter of fact - decreasing the value of each key (to 1/3 of the former value), not increasing it.
oh yeah you are right. Will change it.

jtrucker

Baronet
Yeah, I was the one (or one of those? ) rising the complaint about it :) Didn't expect Inno to fix it, but perhaps changing the wording in the announcement. But I was happy about the helper adding the little gimmick.

-Alin-

Emperor
You can't with just the 10560 energies from the event, playing it as best, making lots of keys with a maximum of 160 energies per board, You will end with roughly 3200 grand prize points.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Again, our comments are only read or integrated one way.
All feedback about inconsistencies is ignored while player-friendly results are systematically nerfed.
It reminds me of a Chinese proverb: "When the wise point to the moon, the fool looks at the finger."

I see 2 things:
- those who test in closed beta are really incapable since inno systematically adjusts with the beta results.
- inno devs are quick to make changes unlike in GbG and hundreds of suggestions.

Avoid making players think they have a chance of winning the event building at its max level without paying to take away their hope before the live servers. Be frank and honest, from the beginning make it impossible to get the gold level without payment, your statistics will be closer to what you want to evaluate.

.Chris

Baronet
I understand that it is difficult to invent a game and get the balancing right on the first try, even with alpha testing.
In this beta test you then have to do the balancing - but you need to do that in stages, buffing, nerfing, buffing, nerfing etc. until you get it "right".

The problem with this (necessary) approach is that the balancing of the whole event (including leagues and Grand Prize progress) is flawed due to the changes you had to make to the gameplay balancing.

I would propose that you start beta testing those new minigames earlier, getting the mechanics (spwan percentages, "element" distribution and whatnot) to a decent level and get a realistic estimate how the Grand Prizes need to be placed.
Then and only then release the full event on beta to iron out the kinks that have slipped.

We (or at least I) really appreciate that you spend time on introducing new mechanics and mini games.
Let us help you make an awesome event for the live players.