• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Dessire

Regent
I will end with more than 8.5k at the end and only 6k diamonds spent so far +event pass.
And I will end with almost 3 Phantom towers and 4 workshops.
The secret of the event was revealed here many times, no more than 2-3-4 runs with a maximum of X energy spent in doing as many keys as possible and unlock the bigger gems under the glass, just pay attention to the numbers and the total energies You can gather till the end of the event.

You will learn soon on what to do and how to play, IF, they don't nerf even harder this event, a nerf was did already for gems, but it was somehow balanced by increased value of keys/chests.
I already played the event, in iron age, spent the diamonds they gave for free. I understood the minigame easly but what I did not know was is if it's possible to get 5500 points without spending diamonds or not. now with the nerf of +8 to +4 it seems a little more difficult. I will save 2000 diamonds to spend anyways. thank you again!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I already played the event, in iron age, spent the diamonds they gave for free. I understood the minigame easly but what I did not know was is if it's possible to get 5500 points without spending diamonds or not. now with the nerf of +8 to +4 it seems a little more difficult. I will save 2000 diamonds to spend anyways. thank you again!
Your target seems quite viable still. Play 2-3 boards a day, don't go for full clears - use the resets, every day and you should finish at 6k+. 4 boards a day is probably no longer a good idea if not spending diamonds.

8500 was easily possible before the nerf (=2 complete towers in the free line). It may still be possible with care but it'll be challenging if so (i'll hit the 8500 easily on beta, but only because of the phase before the nerf will it be "easy").

zookeepers

Marquis
Probably, making 4 runs for some of the days and 3 runs for the rest is still the best. Using 30 tickets for another L4 key is usually slightly worse compared to 80 tickets for reset. Spawning new blocks should be restricted to when you can expect a L4 key with 2 new blocks, or a L3 key with one new block.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Probably, making 4 runs for some of the days and 3 runs for the rest is still the best. Using 30 tickets for another L4 key is usually slightly worse compared to 80 tickets for reset. Spawning new blocks should be restricted to when you can expect a L4 key with 2 new blocks, or a L3 key with one new block.
Just starting to lean that way myself. I overcorrected a bit after the change with "I want keys now!" and spent a bit much per board chasing them perhaps. For today's boards I setup a little EV calculator for the next spawn in terms of progress (with 1 more piece how much do i get for *new* keys/gem xp, weighted by the spawn chance table mentioned earlier in the thread). Tested moderately-cheap boards again today using it to help me decide when to stop (I sometimes pressed on despite somewhat-low EV for the next piece because of the possibility of promoting to better possibilities with some of the "zero/low value" spawns) , and it went ok, but still small sample.

This is where I had been overall headed with post-nerf projections for a full event with "spendy" boards (avg 188.3 energy per board for ~67 gem xp + 25.5 keys)

Boards Per Day​
Reset Energy​
Energy Per Day​
Progress / Day​
Total Energy for Event​
Total Progress for Event​
Approx Diamonds​
1​
0​
188.3​
138.7​
4143​
3051​
2​
20​
396.6​
277.4​
8725​
6103​
3​
60​
624.9​
416.1​
13748​
9154​
7882​
4​
140​
893.2​
554.8​
19650​
12206​
22206​
5​
300​
1241.5​
693.5​
27313​
15257​
40802​

And this is with today's "cheapo" boards (77.5 energy per board for ~53 gem xp + 14.6 keys):

Boards Per Day​
Reset Energy​
Energy Per Day​
Progress / Day​
Total Energy for Event​
Total Progress for Event​
Approx Diamonds​
1​
0​
77.5​
94.18​
1705​
2072​
2​
20​
175​
188.36​
3850​
4144​
3​
60​
292.5​
282.54​
6435​
6216​
4​
140​
450​
376.72​
9900​
8288​
5​
300​
687.5​
470.9​
15125​
10360​
11224​

Note that this "total progress" neglects the double-value chest each day (worth ~378 bonus points (18*21)), and the daily special keys (worth ~168 (20*3*2.8)). So all of the progress totals could be ~500 higher.

It does seem like 4 cheapo boards a day is still a viable strategy after all and better than spendy-boards at least as far as "no diamonds" is concerned. I'm not sure if there's a better in-between option.

It does appear if you're planning to spend some diamonds that some of the attention should be diverted towards spending more per board somehow because that escalating reset energy is going to bite you in the ass if you stick to the cheapo boards exclusively. They probably still have some place though.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy
great analysis

can you also calculate how much on average clearing a board would cost ?
It would vary widely. But it is on my agenda to try and come up with a method for estimating that for a given board.

The boards I have cleared have cost me 290, 270, 270. But were boards that I felt were appropriate for it just before the nerf (I wanted to get extra boards in that day). Some (most?) boards would not be that cheap to full clear.

jtrucker

Baronet
hello, are you playing the event? in that case, how many points have you achieved until today without spending diamonds? (you have opened only level 3 chests, right?) and thank you for your answer.
I've got 4040 pts as of today, about 200 energy cells left and approx. 50-90-70 of each keys left. Opening ONLY the most expensive (third) chests. Doing daily challenges for keys as well.
I never try for more than one building anyway. No space (even if the building is awesome). Plus I'm low and slow player. My goal is to prove/disprove achieving ONE event building for free (for working person - not playing all day every day) which in this evet IS possible, while in St. Patrick it was not.
So for me, the event is satisfying and for achieving one of the building, no special tactics/calculations are needed at all. 3750 pts (gold level for single building) is achievable for free for casual player.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regarding estimating how long it'd take to get a full clear from a position, I think the best option is to consider it as such:

The premise is to look at how many "excess" you need of the bottom 3 ranks of each color (it's assumed you just will have a rank 4 to swallow up all the other rank 4s of a color). And pick which one's "the worst". Now in identifying excess, usually your rank 1s are going to be that worst - reason being is that a rank 1 with matching rank 2 and 3 only has a rank 1 as an "excess need" - the rank 2 and 3 will be filled when you get that rank 1 too!

But in the rare situations where you have no rank 1 or rank 2 of a given color, a higher "effective" rate can be assumed taking half the rate of the rank below it and a quarter of the rate of the rank 2 below it.

Wind 1​
Wind 2​
Wind 3​
Fire 1​
Fire 2​
Fire 3​
Water 1​
Water 2​
Water 3​
Base Chance​
14.00%​
8.00%​
5.00%​
19.00%​
10.00%​
7.00%​
14.00%​
8.00%​
5.00%​
Inverted​
7.14​
12.50​
20.00​
5.26​
10.00​
14.29​
7.14​
12.50​
20.00​
Max Effective​
14.00%​
15.00%​
12.50%​
19.00%​
19.50%​
16.75%​
14.00%​
15.00%​
12.50%​
Inverted​
7.14​
6.67​
8.00​
5.26​
5.13​
5.97​
7.14​
6.67​
8.00​

By multiplying one of the inverted rates by the amount you need, you get an approximate average distance, in spawns, until you're done. Bearing in mind that up to ~twice that distance is not entirely unlikely (but also some chance of slightly less distance).

An example from my last board that I'm currently waiting for the daily reset to get cheap on:

1677436683954.png

To complete this board, I would need:

Wind: 5 rank 1. This would create 5 rank 2 wind anyways, which i could merge to 2 rank 3 winds, and eat the last 2 winds. so no other wind needed.
Water: 4 rank 1. this would easily also swallow the 2 rank 2 waters.
Fire: 3 rank 3.

Wind 1: 5*7.14 = 35.7 spawns EV
Water 1: 4*7.14 = 28.6 spawns EV
Fire 3: (using the 16.75% effective rate for merging up extra rank 1s and 2s) 3*5.97 = 17.9 spawns EV

The simplest indicator is the 357 energy "expected" to clear the remaining wind. Of course the expectation to clear the whole board would be slightly higher than that because there's also a chance where I got appropriately lucky on wind, but am still missing those waters that aren't far behind. My guesstimate is around 38 spawns there's a 50% chance it's done. and around 60 spawns there's a 90% chance it's done.

A crude estimator would be to take the amount of tiles you need of a color and multiply it by 8 for wind/water; or 6 for fire - and the highest one you come up with, that's the number of spawns you'll still need.

Regardless, there is no way in hell I would go for a full-clear on this board :p

The ideal board to go for a full clear is one in which
- a) there's a lot of rank 4s, since you can swallow them all up at any time after you have 1 rank 4
- b) the colors and the ranks within the colors from 1-3 are relatively-evenly distributed where you don't need a high number of any one tile that you could get unlucky on. Needing a lot of rank 1s is the most common culprit but occasionally you can find boards that need a lot of rank 3s without lower frozen pieces to help use them up (i.e. what happened to leave me with 3 fire-3s unconsumed on this board)

hades8840

Marquis
Seriously can not get my head around this event and the most efficient way to work my way through the prizes so far on quest 20 played each day so collected all energies yet havent got pass the first prize yet anyone point me to the right way to play the mini game so I actually start moving through the grand prize line

Silly Beaver

Merchant
I've got 4040 pts as of today, about 200 energy cells left and approx. 50-90-70 of each keys left. Opening ONLY the most expensive (third) chests. Doing daily challenges for keys as well.
I never try for more than one building anyway. No space (even if the building is awesome). Plus I'm low and slow player. My goal is to prove/disprove achieving ONE event building for free (for working person - not playing all day every day) which in this evet IS possible, while in St. Patrick it was not.
So for me, the event is satisfying and for achieving one of the building, no special tactics/calculations are needed at all. 3750 pts (gold level for single building) is achievable for free for casual player.
I too will have a complete building, with golden upgrade. No money or diamonds spent.

nice2haveu

Viceroy
After board clearance, next board just pushed me to reset straightway.

Board looks like,
reset_board.jpg
Maximum collection from the board is, 12 water keys, 30 fire keys and 0 wind keys. Maybe board clearance have some chances of giving wind/water/fire few extra keys but to go down on the clearance path, energy gaining will be less than energy spend.

It was the first time doing a reset without unlocking/breaking any of the tiles/glass.

Dursland

Merchant
Looking at the stats of Phantom Tower - 3% combined attacking boost per tile in SAJM - I'm really worried about a nerf.

I don't want to spend a bunch of diamonds getting a few then have them nerfed.

Can we get any assurances on the matter, @Juber?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Looking at the stats of Phantom Tower - 3% combined attacking boost per tile in SAJM - I'm really worried about a nerf.

I don't want to spend a bunch of diamonds getting a few then have them nerfed.

Can we get any assurances on the matter, @Juber?
It's beta. A nerf is *always* possible. (and possibly in this case even warranted!)

Once it goes live you should be able to count on it being stable.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
After board clearance, next board just pushed me to reset straightway.

Board looks like,
View attachment 9011
Maximum collection from the board is, 12 water keys, 30 fire keys and 0 wind keys. Maybe board clearance have some chances of giving wind/water/fire few extra keys but to go down on the clearance path, energy gaining will be less than energy spend.

It was the first time doing a reset without unlocking/breaking any of the tiles/glass.
You should still spend a little energy on the board to get credit for unfreezing things. i.e. 1 water of any rank + 1 fire of any rank gives you a minimum of 28 gem xp (4 x water-4, 3 x fire-4), 3 water keys, and *probably* 3 fire keys ( a fire-4 direct spawn would not give you the fire keys ). Should take about 40 energy on average to meet that goal.

Yes, it's a kind-of-****ty board. But it's still worthwhile to scrape a little off it before resetting. No way is that one you want to full-clear though.