• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

nice2haveu

Baronet
EXACTLY! This shouldn't be stressful, Inno. It's not a MENSA test either. The more people can ease into it and learn it with NO REAL accountability until they're ready to go, the more FUN they'll have when they DO play it - and the more MONEY you'll make from all the participants.

There is nothing wrong with new event mechanisms - but let people warm to it - NOT FREAK OUT that they'll fail with any wrong turn. They WILL NOT BOTHER to play it under those conditions.
Once the game mechanics understood, it is a piece of cake. And for players who deals with diamonds, this will become as one of the most luxurious mini game event in terms of rewards/prizes.

estrid

Baronet
Each key has to be assembled with a lower and an upper half.

In your pic is only the upper half. (The piece left of it has a lower half icon on it.)
I noticed that and edited my text. The trouble is that those two pictures are same: the one to be merged once more and the one which is ready. In all other merge games, all the pictures of the different stages differ visibly. In this case, is there even some reason to picture the key there when it's not giving one yet?

Devilsangel

Baronet
@Juber is the Selection Kit and/or upgrades for the masters workshop available for free only once in the golden league? And will be just wasting space in the inventory since there's no other way to get the rest 3 needed for a full one?)

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
With deep deference to our community member @MooingCat for the tireless hours applying his prodigious energy and brain power (intelligence) to this game to try to help everyone have fun and be successful, this deliverable (URL below) is EXACTLY what we need but for the new Anniversary event.

A while ago, when the AZTEC settlements "flavor" came out, Moo wrote a minigame game PRACTICE TOOL that people could learn how to play it successfully.

THIS ANNIVERSARY event needs the same thing, but from INNO!

foe-aztecs-minigame.github.io <--- NO HTTP added, but that's the URL "payload".

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
@Juber is the Selection Kit and/or upgrades for the masters workshop available for free only once in the golden league? And will be just wasting space in the inventory since there's no other way to get the rest 3 needed for a full one?)
a) they expect that players in gold league will buy the premium pass
b) level 1 of it is already EXTREMELY powerful: on 3x2: 5 FP, 11 goods +5% attack for attacking, +6% attack for defending (SAJM) but huge amount of population and negative happiness

Quoras

Merchant
Made another run.
in which I spent 160(from reset)+310= 470energies for 33 more keys and 121 league/pass advancements.

I will stop at this today, made 5 runs in total, waiting for the value reset tomorrow, so it will cost me less to reset the runs.

Nice Video. But one Tip from me and for all others: Dont waste the locked lvl 4 ones like that if you could still create keys with them. Here you used a complete key lvl 4 for destroying the green and the red lvl 4s that could have formed another key. You should only do that at the end because as you saw in the video there could be created another lvl 4 red one from the spawned ones. It is also possible to spawn directly lvl 3 or 4 crystals so i would clear up only at the end.

-Alin-

Emperor
Nice Video. But one Tip from me and for all others: Dont waste the locked lvl 4 ones like that if you could still create keys with them. Here you used a complete key lvl 4 for destroying the green and the red lvl 4s that could have formed another key. You should only do that at the end because as you saw in the video there could be created another lvl 4 red one from the spawned ones. It is also possible to spawn directly lvl 3 or 4 crystals so i would clear up only at the end.
Yup, there is room for improvement, seen the mistakes too after I played that.
But anyway, lost only one fully gem, so 3 keys, which isn't that much of an issue.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Interesting, they've forgotten to add the golden upgrade kit frag. from lvl10. Despite the interesting design, might become a skip on the grand building and going for the side building instead. The futuristic design is pleasing, hopefully next year a better footprint.

Sinitar

Regent

Quoras

Merchant
Yup, there is room for improvement, seen the mistakes too after I played that.
But anyway, lost only one fully gem, so 3 keys, which isn't that much of an issue.

Well you lost 1 fully green and one fully red so 6 keys ^^. You killed of the 2 Green lvl 4s in 3:05 and then spawned a green lvl 4 in 4:35. In 3:30 you used the lvl 4 reds to finish the red lvl 4s but then created a red lvl 4 in 4:15.

All in all i really look forward to the event. The prices are really good. The mechanic is intersting and fun. If you play a bit around with it i think you can understand the main purpose. Maybe extend the tutorial a bit. The biggest mistake ive probably seen and made is staying to long on a closely cleared board to finish it. I also made mistakes regarding the use of my spawned pieces. Especially not using the smaller pieces to clear the small pieces that are locked. Another good tip is also to spawn ne stones in bulks at the beginning because you will need them anyway and so you have more to choose from.
I also like the really good prices in the chests - there are a lot of forgepoints and goods in there.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think now is intended since if you're in silver league... https://prnt.sc/WdupHSf-84Q- or doing 3750 points https://prnt.sc/hmRH-gapphpe
I hope not cause that does means a major design change on the events. Where you need to spend a couple of free diamonds,
or not getting it at all. Top 5% is just for those who're probably gonna take a 2nd grand building anyways. I thought with the St.
Patricks day the design of golden upgrade frag. where designed to offer either a quick buy out to the golden lvl, or get it later.
If you're correct, this event is designed to either spend free diamonds or buy yourself into top 5% to get it, or losing out on it
entirely. Hard pass either way for me, lvl10 is lacklustre and execution overall is a letdown anyways. Clearly the design is with
large free diamond flow in mind. Had preferred the St. Patricks day design though. Buy now golden lvl or wait for a bit.

Dessire

Regent
I hope we don't to be honest. I'll be skipping this event because the buildings aren't interesting to me in the slightest. That's fine, but having multiple events like that would suck (for me).
Just shut up, players like you already had more than 5 years with old age event buildings!!!! It is time for players like me to have what we want! More futuristic designs for event buildings pleeeeeaaaseeeee!!!!

Dessire

Regent
The very first SNAP (immediate) look at a new event and mechanism is this:

I share an already spoken point as well that the player community will go non-linear about something new that they've never seen before.

There is no test tutorial (or sandbox) to learn it before your true cost and achievement accountability goals start.

Just think back to the St. Patrick's Day event in the first year. There was overwhelming disdain to learn it and become successful took MULTIPLE new years and lots of help. Today, some people still can't do it right - 4 years later.

People are going to make tons of mistakes, and of course, to recover from that, it will cost them.

Now... that's what Inno wants - after all this is supposed to generate them revenue, but many people will drop out from failure because they can't understand the game dynamic immediately, or can't play it in TEST MODE, to get their epiphanies and try to find a path to success.

It looks very daunting (and is complicated) and with EXPECTED razor sharp achievement math (as experienced recently with event venues they already KNOW) required to get all the upgrades - Inno's going to hear a lot of howls. LOTS OF HOWLS.

The failure rate for "free" will be very high, and people might even spend diamonds or cash and still fail. That's REALLY BAD.

FEEDBACK to Inno: Consider a tutorial or a practice session (or a sandbox to try a few rounds with NO ACCOUNTABILITY to their live game efforts on the event...) so people can warm to the challenge without spending capital, or time and dooming temselves to failure.

The last thing you want FOR A NEW GAME and event is LACK OF ADOPTION.

Now - I"m going to study up on this and start to play it. The easy part is collecting energy from quests. I DO KNOW how to do the questing part :)
Or just open the play store, download candy crush and learn playing there. . .

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Ask yourself this question. If you were a relatively new player and saw this event. An ineffective tutorial, blatantly pay to win, and horribly unforgiving of the slightest error. Would you bother continuing to play FoE? I know that if FoE had been in its current state when I started playing, I'd have looked for another game.
This is beta and not to be considered like live servers. Tutorial is decent though. Playing celtic event from rise of cultures and coming back to foe for this mini game doesn't give you any surprises. Just few additions included compare to RoC.

This is beta and not to be considered like live servers. Tutorial is decent though. Playing celtic event from rise of cultures and coming back to foe for this mini game doesn't give you any surprises. Just few additions included compare to RoC.
Given the number of people posting here that they don't understand the mini-game, the tutorial is anything but decent. And comparing this event to an event in a game I've never heard of, is the opposite of helpful.