• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Anniversary Event sucks... So overly complicated, the building is huge (3x7, 21 squares!), and the bonuses don't impress.
For many players it will be too difficult to do. I managed after a few "test" plays, but still, many players will have no idea what to do and why, so they will click randomly. The lack of a meaningful tutorial, the unnecessary complication of getting keys, and well, that building.... Huge, gives only 14% attack bonus and 9FP. Medals, supplies and goods I don't even count because they are just pathetic.
If @MooingCat is correct and he usually is (waiting for Juber to post stats) then the Phantom Tower seems awesome.

Phantom:
9-11 FPs, 20-22 Goods
25-35/18-28 attack + 16-26/17-27 city def

Ahh, okay. Now I get it! Phantom Tower is great.
But in this case, Tower lvl 10 should give golden upgrade fragments to catch it eventually, if you fail to get it during the event.
Haven't seen it before. ‍

Last edited:

Una Queen

Squire
first one is free, then the next one is 20 energies, third one is 40, fourth one is 80 then the fifth one is 160 energies
I think thats only when you reset it. Ive cleared the board 3 times and I still have the free reset. will clear again to see if it does cost anything for clearing 2+ times as I really havent paid attention but like I said, I do still have the free reset.

Kronan

Viceroy
The very first SNAP (immediate) look at a new event and mechanism is this:

I share an already spoken point as well that the player community will go non-linear about something new that they've never seen before.

There is no test tutorial (or sandbox) to learn it before your true cost and achievement accountability goals start.

Just think back to the St. Patrick's Day event in the first year. There was overwhelming disdain to learn it and become successful took MULTIPLE new years and lots of help. Today, some people still can't do it right - 4 years later.

People are going to make tons of mistakes, and of course, to recover from that, it will cost them.

Now... that's what Inno wants - after all this is supposed to generate them revenue, but many people will drop out from failure because they can't understand the game dynamic immediately, or can't play it in TEST MODE, to get their epiphanies and try to find a path to success.

It looks very daunting (and is complicated) and with EXPECTED razor sharp achievement math (as experienced recently with event venues they already KNOW) required to get all the upgrades - Inno's going to hear a lot of howls. LOTS OF HOWLS.

The failure rate for "free" will be very high, and people might even spend diamonds or cash and still fail. That's REALLY BAD.

FEEDBACK to Inno: Consider a tutorial or a practice session (or a sandbox to try a few rounds with NO ACCOUNTABILITY to their live game efforts on the event...) so people can warm to the challenge without spending capital, or time and dooming temselves to failure.

The last thing you want FOR A NEW GAME and event is LACK OF ADOPTION.

Now - I"m going to study up on this and start to play it. The easy part is collecting energy from quests. I DO KNOW how to do the questing part :)

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Ok, thats what I did now.

I had accumulated from all quests 4.4k energies +100 from an incident, in total 4.5k.
I have now left 2750 energies
1676467842893.png

So far I spent 1750 energies, from which:

I reached 600 energy pass.
1676467885033.png

And I got 142 keys, I missed 3 keys on my dumbness few minutes ago ...
1676468515648.png

Also I reseted the table 4 times, first time was free, then it was 20, then it was 40 and last time for me was 80 energies.

We have in total 10650 energies without incidents.
Based on my way of playing, according to my video, ignoring the gems that doesnt make for me a key, I should be able to reach 3750 pass for a maximum event building including the golden level, all for free.
1676468097815.png

Around 700-900 energies spent for 250 pass advancements, it means I can get 3750 pass WITHOUT couting the pass advancements from chests yet.
So in this event, based on what I did so far, it is 100% possible to get the last level of the tower+ the golden level for free.

I hope I am not mistaken, but be carefull when merging gems and keys, be sure you always merge half a key with half a lock to make a gem that gives you 3 keys at it maximum gem level.
Good luck!

Also, DAILY CHALLENGES GIVES YOU KEYS, dont forget to do them!

P.S: I like this event and I hope it stays the same, it is easy to do, and you DONT have to sacrifice dailies in order to get the maximum value in the pass advancements.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
The very first SNAP (immediate) look at a new event and mechanism is this:

I share an already spoken point as well that the player community will go non-linear about something new that they've never seen before.

There is no test tutorial to learn it before your true cost and achievement accountability goals starts.

Just think back to the St. Patrick's Day event in the first year. There was overwhelming disdain to learn it and become successful took MULTIPLE new years and lots of help. Today, some people still can't do it right - 4 years later.

People are going to make tons of mistakes, and of course, to recover from that, it will cost them.

Now... that's what Inno wants - after all this is supposed to generate them revenue, but many people will drop out from failure because they can't understand the game dynamic immediately, or can play it in TEST MODE, to get their epiphanies and try to find a path to success.

It looks very daunting (and is complicated) and with EXPECTED razor sharp achievement math (as experienced recently with event venues they already KNOW) required to get all the upgrades - Inno's going to hear a lot of howls. LOTS OF HOWLS.

The failure rate for "free" will be very high, and people might even spend diamonds or cash and still fail. That's REALLY BAD.

FEEDBACK to Inno: Consider a tutorial or a practice session so people can warm to the challenge without spending capital, or time and dooming temselves to failure. The last thing you want is LACK OF ADOPTION for a new event.

Now - I"m going to study up on this and start to play it. The easy part is collecting energy from quests. I DO KNOW how to do the questing part :)
To this point, there's a couple things I'd add to the tiny "tutorial" bit at the start, and throughout the game in general:
  1. Make the player actually open the cheat sheet
  2. A total key counter outside of what you have to open chests (since you don't always need all three key types)
  3. Once you unlock the board clear reward, have it show up as a box next to the "Continue Board" icon. I spent a while looking around trying to find where I would receive it.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
1676468957142.png

I just assembled the orange piece with the purple border on the bottom left. Am I supposed to turn it in for a key or use it to clean up the rest of that size orange piece off the board?

-Alin-

Emperor
but how much bad play is allowed to still get it for free ?
Hmm, around 1000 energies spent for 250 pass advancements may let you without the golden level from 3750 event pass mark. what I counted so far was without the chests, and the value may vary from 5 to 13 from what I have seen, on the silver and golden chests.

Kronan

Viceroy
but how much bad play is allowed to still get it for free ?

Precisely - that's one ofo my points, too. People are going to be "like a deer in the oncoming headlights" because they're wondering about spending ANY energy at all - have I already screwed myself by doing something wrong in my initial touch of the game board?

With a leagues design in this, the nanosecond you spend game currency incorrectly, you potentially damage your league standing! People are going to be really jaded to spend anything knowing that it MIGHT come back to haunt them to achieve the prize.

-Alin-

Emperor
Made another run.
in which I spent 160(from reset)+310= 470energies for 33 more keys and 121 league/pass advancements.

I will stop at this today, made 5 runs in total, waiting for the value reset tomorrow, so it will cost me less to reset the runs.

Last edited:
Precisely - that's one ofo my points, too. People are going to be "like a deer in the oncoming headlights" because they're wondering about spending ANY energy at all - have I already screwed myself by doing something wrong in my initial touch of the game board?

With a leagues design in this, the nanosecond you spend game currency incorrectly, you potentially damage your league standing! People are going to be really jaded to spend anything knowing that it MIGHT come back to haunt them to achieve the prize.
It's a new game mechanic and I think that there will be two types of players. Those who take time to learn from reading the Beta posts (which, by the end of the 3-week event should be very informative) and those who choose to "wing-it".

nice2haveu

Baronet
View attachment 8883

I just assembled the orange piece with the purple border on the bottom left. Am I supposed to turn it in for a key or use it to clean up the rest of that size orange piece off the board?
Mini game, main goal is to create the gems with complete key. Board is mixed with gems and few gems have ending of the key and starting of the key which is blocked by default.

Now, you need a free gem to unlock, but need the same size of same color gem to unlock it. That's the strategy here. How to pick the gems to make complete key by unlocking them is the game concept, because merging with ending or starting key structure always, cannot get the complete key structure. Then you need to waste another gem set for it. Make sure the combination of gems unlocking is getting mixed with start and end key structure.

As per your question, please don't waste the remaining pieces with the one which has complete key set already. Once you have full key structure with larger gem size, upload to chest area. Continue again with free gem process to unlock the remaining pieces.

Now, there will be a case in the board which doesn't have start and end key unlocked gems in it. In that case, no use of opting for free gem, and try the free reset board option. Need to be very conscious while picking the gems to unlock and merging. Hope you understood the mini game now.

One of the most painful event mini-game for mobile app players!!!

Kronan

Viceroy
I fully agree with @Xiphos, I'd love to see a sandbox mode implemented. It would allow players to freely learn/experiment without sacrificing anything. Fully informed players should be the goal, people shouldn't have to rely on third party resources to figure out how best to play the event :)

EXACTLY! This shouldn't be stressful, Inno. It's not a MENSA test either. The more people can ease into it and learn it with NO REAL accountability until they're ready to go, the more FUN they'll have when they DO play it - and the more MONEY you'll make from all the participants.

There is nothing wrong with new event mechanisms - but let people warm to it - NOT FREAK OUT that they'll fail with any wrong turn. They WILL NOT BOTHER to play it under those conditions.