• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

AID ALL

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
one other thing... the individual aiding (one player per second or so) seems oddly suspicious... please tell me that this feature is server side, that the counting is only an animation and that there is no script running client side to emulate the player clicks...

is the aiding interrupted, if you reload the game or switch worlds during the process is running?

-Alin-

Emperor
one other thing... the individual aiding (one player per second or so) seems oddly suspicious... please tell me that this feature is server side, that the counting is only an animation and that there is no script running client side to emulate the player clicks...

is the aiding interrupted, if you reload the game or switch worlds during the process is running?

I was doing AID all on my phone while the AD crashed after it was done, could not close that AD and had to close the entire FoE app, I swtiched to PC and that aid was done, ready to collect.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
So it is more of a timeout to prevent "spamming" the ad button...

How does it interact with Seed Vault and/or Truce Tower?
I would guess that it is the same as when you use the regular aid button, but the rewards do not blimp individually - instead you get a reward package at the end of the aiding process

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
If it would be included to the "aid friends"-button, it would collide with separeted event-quests for aiding and visiting taverns.
where is the problem? just do not use the aid all during events...

it is not as if the aid all stops aiding when you have enough aids for your current aid quest, just because you might need more aid possibilities later in the day...

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I'm not in favor of integrating taverns into the help button, maybe because of my gaming habits...
As for the button for the neighbors, I find it useful only in Iron Age, when we don't have enough loyal friends yet.
Who would help all his neighbors daily?
[Humor mode = ON]
Can't we replace it by automatically attacking all its neighbors?
[Humor mode = OFF]

Jules

Squire
I like the aid all, but I don't understand why it is so slow? Either bad programing or they intentionally slow it down for whatever purpose I can only imagine.

Amdira

Baronet
I'm not in favor of integrating taverns into the help button, maybe because of my gaming habits...
As for the button for the neighbors, I find it useful only in Iron Age, when we don't have enough loyal friends yet.
Who would help all his neighbors daily?
[Humor mode = ON]
Can't we replace it by automatically attacking all its neighbors?
[Humor mode = OFF]
I am one of those maybe few who are aiding all their hood daily :) I've never been a friend of attacking and plundering my neighbours, but I respect it as a feature of this game which many like. With my seed vault I'm getting enough from my hood without plundering, even diamonds - with less effort and I don't have to enter all those cities.

pnumekin

Farmer
I have a story quest asking to polish and motivate buildings. I tried the new "aid all" feature, but then the quest counters did not change. Good thing I did not press the 3 buttons otherwise I would have been stuck for 24 hours with this quest...

hades8840

Squire
I dont have it but would love it ... more aiding is done then tavern visits so would find it really useful ..its easy to check in the town hall and sort for tavern and isnt that many clicks compared to aiding so would save me time on each world and the repetitiveness of constantly clicking aid

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I like the aid all, but I don't understand why it is so slow? Either bad programing or they intentionally slow it down for whatever purpose I can only imagine.
the main official reason probably is "server load"
Although I think that is a bit of a bull**** reason, I can see a minor potential for a solution that does it all at once to actually be a problem - and that is, when a lot of players request the aid all at the same time.
I have a story quest asking to polish and motivate buildings. I tried the new "aid all" feature, but then the quest counters did not change. Good thing I did not press the 3 buttons otherwise I would have been stuck for 24 hours with this quest...
reload the game - quest likely is solved then

Lydia73

Merchant
It would be nice if the new Tavern A/B Testing gets any info - I can see its bonus for attack and defense - but what about the rest. There are 4 and no description or anything :oops:

Atokirina

Squire

That script running client side sounds surprisingly realistic.
smiley_emoticons_lachtot.gif

Thunderdome

Emperor
Must be really nice. I envy you all that have such a thing. Oh well, logging into the tablet aiding R-to-L (and visiting taverns) is the faster way to go, lol.

Well I did it on neighbours on PC and I think I closed the browser of was interrupted in some way because later when I opened my app on phone 5 of my neighbours were not motivated. I still had 5 of 65 (or so) left. So I think it is on client side. I hope I am wrong. But even if it is, I still love it.