• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

AID ALL

6zeva9

Baronet
yes, but you can extend it every hour by 1 hour. 4 hours is only the maximum it can be active.
My complaint is that I want to go directly to the Tavern Room.
I do not want to activate anything.
Instead I am taken to the Tavern Boost with a greyed out Active button and see a countdown clock.
3 of them are useless to me as I am not building anything or recruiting any units and I am not planning on attacking anyone.
The City Defence may be okay, but for some 5% is nothing with the other defensive buildings they have.
It is now an extra click for no reason.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The Auto Activate Boosts is a pain.
Especially when you do not want to activate them as you have nothing to collect in the next 4 hours and only went to the Tavern to collect the Tavern Silver as it is full.
Please consider adding a button to allow players to activate or not activate ALL Boosts.
Oh my GOD! Someone GOT it! And, here I thought I was going to try to give a play-by-play to my video to those that seemed to missed the mark on how it auto-activates the special boost in the tavern WITHOUT asking us if we want to activate it or not AND was wondering if the mobile users are supposed to get an ad button to tap in watching in order to do so. Thank you, mate!
Ads will not activate automatically in the tavern.
That was our biggest concern. For if the boost can be activated in the browser version, how does it go in the mobile version is what I had wondered, along with everyone else. I hardly play on the mobile unless it's for the aiding/tavern visits that is fastest than going through in the browser version and faster than using the aid all.
Boosts do activate automatically in the tavern in the browser version.
Boosts do not activate automatically in the tavern in the app version.
Had you led with this, we would hit a common point. While in the browser version we won't see or get ads (look up pop-up ads of yesteryear and why many providers and browser developers created the browsers we use today, why many ad-block developers create software/extensions to give us the peace of mind, and the legal ramifications of creating/using such that often wind up in court). Unless I hear it from the horse's mouth (Inno), I can only state on how an ad-blocker works because I am using it on YouTube (on an ad-block enabled browser) to watch music videos that otherwise would have been littered with them playing in the middle after a few minutes of viewing (in the case of a 10 minute music vid) in other places like the YouTube App; and yes, YT was ad-free before they brought that out a few years back. Their solution, get a subscription service if you don't want ads. My solution, fat chance; I will just play YT on the browser and refer to Spotify (yes, I got a subscription) for my PS4 and car playing music.
When are they going to release the aid all to ALL? Its really grating to know that some users have it when you dont like crimeny crickets guys.
Probably never, mate. Whilst I have it on my live world, I don't get it on my beta one. Not that I really care on it because I had done a head-to-head benchmark test over two days (since it's a 24 hours cool down to aid players) and fully support @beelzebob666's analysis of the feature.
I'm not sure I'm following. Why do you want not to activate those boosts? They don't cost anything and it doesn't require to watch an ad.
For now, in the browser version. Sometimes I feel like a thief.
Why would I activate a boost that I cannot benefit from during its duration?
True. Unless it's events or daily challenges requiring anything less than 4 hours to be done, majority of us had set our productions at 8 or 24 hours (depending on what was being made). On coins, majority of us also have event buildings that generate at 24 hours. In my case, I have an abundance of coin coming from event based buildings more than I have supply buildings.
Because it can be activated for an unlimited amount of time, so why should you not activate it?
Okay, I am wondering "HOW" if in the browser the button is disabled ("greyed out"). I had initially thought it can be activated every 4 hours.
Currently it only lasts for 4 Hours.
Same as I saw it myself as well (in the browser). Maybe a bug fix is in order?
yes, but you can extend it every hour by 1 hour. 4 hours is only the maximum it can be active.
Yep, I would like what you're having. As with the last two quotes mentioned, this might be an issue for the browser user as we only have it greyed out upon clicking the tavern but didn't notice a time increase as the countdown still goes at the previous amount. Can any mobile users confirm this addition?

Beta567

Baronet
For now, in the browser version. Sometimes I feel like a thief.
Yes, that is correct. BUT there is always "but"
Inno as a business wants to make money and they (probably) see that they don't make enough. Decided to implement a new feature which involves ads. Ads are nasty business and me personally don't like it but I understand why they are doing this. Other side of the medal if they ask people to pay $3-5 every month they will blow up this entire forum. Everyone wants to play comfortably without paying a dime. I don't advocate Inno because I don't like many things which they did in the past but this is pure business and it requires some financial flows to keep their head above the water.
and if someone wants to go straight to the tavern and not to the boost window it means they will skip that window every time (which I presume Inno doesn't want). Anyways ads suck but this is current market situation which brings money.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Other side of the medal if they ask people to pay $3-5 every month
If they ask for that amount for FoE+, a lot of people would buy it monthly and Inno would be making money based on perk subscription. The $30 (USD) a month really blows for just mediocre benefits.

Playstation PLUS: Players pay up to $9.99 (USD a month) in order to participate in the multiplayer aspect of games they had purchased. Not only that, but they can add free games offered each month to their library and/or download them to their PS4s/PS5s to play. The games added remain free as long as the subscription is maintained. I play WWZ and ZA4 for the multiplayer value and had participated in respective horde matches, when I am not working and at home.

Spotify: Users pay $9.99 (USD) a month for ad-free music listening experience. Majority of music is on there that players can listen on their devices, through their gaming consoles (mine's a PS4 Pro), and in the car. After Google Music went kaput, I had to look for another option to play in the car (at the time), and since Spotify was on the PS4, I thought, why not?

Other Games: Most have offered their VIP packages at around $5.00 USD a month that helps a player with leveling, extra inventory space, special mounts, and more.

Again, had Inno fixed their problems and kept reasonable prices on what's being offered, I am sure people will buy what they're selling. For them to throw ad-related content in to the game is just a big slap on the face. Yes, there are those that have stated "if you don't want an ad, you don't have to click on it". However, it poses another problem: what am I going to do with the extra junk that is in the game now? I can avoid the chests but they still glow like any other incident and that will take my eyes from the rest of the stuff while I look; or maybe those chests glowing like that will eat up resources that I have to either refresh my game or restart my browser in order to play again. We already address the concern about the tavern special boost automatically activating when we click on our tavern, so we don't need to do it again, lol. But the biggest problem would be the quest tracker list. It will have a green checkmark (as you have seen in the video) on the icon (before clicking to open) letting any sane player know a quest is done; they click on it to open only to find the only one that was completed was the silly 1 coin quest. They ignore it (but for how long) and did not know a quest that isn't related to such is done; or do we have to click on it each time to see if the other quests are done while it is in this state from this point forward?

This was why I had suggested a setting (in settings) to deactivate the special ad-based content from our view. Those who wish for such can leave theirs enabled. This way:

• The players who don't want the extra ad-based special content would be happy as they won't have to deal with such.
• The players who do want the special content but have to watch an ad in order to do so would be happy.
• Inno would be happy on those that "elected" to have ad-based special content, and be happy that those who don't wish for such won't have to complain, thus tying up support with such tickets.

Last edited:

Finkadel

Marquis
Yes, that is correct. BUT there is always "but"
Inno as a business wants to make money and they (probably) see that they don't make enough. Decided to implement a new feature which involves ads. Ads are nasty business and me personally don't like it but I understand why they are doing this. Other side of the medal if they ask people to pay $3-5 every month they will blow up this entire forum. Everyone wants to play comfortably without paying a dime. I don't advocate Inno because I don't like many things which they did in the past but this is pure business and it requires some financial flows to keep their head above the water.
and if someone wants to go straight to the tavern and not to the boost window it means they will skip that window every time (which I presume Inno doesn't want). Anyways ads suck but this is current market situation which brings money.
Honestly, you make them look like poor beggars who sleep under damp paper nearby some forgotten bridge... That is not the thing, look at their financial statements.

They already are doing twelve events per year and it's not their last word! Believe me, there are enough paying players for all those who play for free. They should however nor scare those free players, for we are the humble ones looking with awww at those who pay. Without us, there won't be paying players, because how to impress others with money if there are no others...?

Probably never, mate. Whilst I have it on my live world, I don't get it on my beta one. Not that I really care on it because I had done a head-to-head benchmark test over two days (since it's a 24 hours cool down to aid players) and fully support @beelzebob666's analysis of the feature.
I have it on beta but not on live. I literally did 0 aiding for years on this game because I don't want to waste my time, but I aid all every day on beta because it's just one click. You can look back on my post history, if we ever got aid all then I would actually aid people. If people don't want to use it or whatever on the ads that's fine, but I actually do want to use it but not allowed to because I didn't get the lucky lottery on live.

I feel like we did get some things pushed to live quickly with a lot of positive feedback. How much testing is enough, it's been out for like a month on beta and weeks on live.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I feel like we did get some things pushed to live quickly with a lot of positive feedback. How much testing is enough, it's been out for like a month on beta and weeks on live.
Rumor still floats around that some of us got the ability to switch out tasks in the daily challenge while others still do not; and that's been going on much longer than this one.

I have a feeling that Inno will leave things currently as they are when they include everyone (if ever) to this feature; which means that the browser users are going to get stuff for free (without as much as watching an ad) and the mobile users are going to get the shaft (just like they did when Inno made GvG).

Rumor still floats around that some of us got the ability to switch out tasks in the daily challenge while others still do not; and that's been going on much longer than this one.

I have a feeling that Inno will leave things currently as they are when they include everyone (if ever) to this feature; which means that the browser users are going to get stuff for free (without as much as watching an ad) and the mobile users are going to get the shaft (just like they did when Inno made GvG).
I have this on both live and beta, but it doesn't let me swap all tasks which pisses me off and I end up not doing them every day.

There isn't much uproar from mobile users here, so not sure on that. I've just been waiting the day they finally get rid of gvg, clearly gbg was supposed to replace it. Bunch of real powerful guilds out there that are mobile only that will kick your a* on gbg, but you'd never know it looking at the gvg rankings.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I have this on both live and beta, but it doesn't let me swap all tasks which pisses me off and I end up not doing them every day.
Mine's broken, I think. There are some days I would get a full button (to switch) task list; and some days some of the tasks didn't have the button, but switch one that has it, and all tasks magically have the diamond button afterwards.

Also, the RNG really sucks on this one since I had gotten a few repeated types of tasks that I didn't want to do.

ArianX

Merchant

There isn't much uproar from mobile users here, so not sure on that. I've just been waiting the day they finally get rid of gvg, clearly gbg was supposed to replace it. Bunch of real powerful guilds out there that are mobile only that will kick your a* on gbg, but you'd never know it looking at the gvg rankings.
I also have them on both live and beta
As for gvg/gbg, think it's up to each player to choose what they like, not everyone loves gbg, same way not everyone loves gvg.
Personally think gbg creates a huge unbalance in game, but then again so did Arc when it was introduced.
I'd love to see gvg available for all players, gbg more balances when it comes to leagues, and in both some sort of time cap or something to avoid bot cheaters and macros

Fenix

Viceroy
Because it can be activated for an unlimited amount of time, so why should you not activate it?

I'll tell you why not. A solid programming must take into account particular cases that harm players, in this case I'll give you an example: the boosts are activated automatically, some time later you'll fight on the battlefields and you won't even notice that in the middle of conquering a sector the tavern boost has been disabled. You continue the fights, but now with less power than you had and you don't even notice.
This will also happen in the expedition.

Last edited: