• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

AID ALL

What exactly is the problem with that?
You have to go through the nag screen to get to your Tavern table, and on mobile you are nagged with watching a stupid ad instead of it activating like on PC. On PC while it is activated you won't automatically see the nag screen every time you visit your tavern afterwards (until it needs activating again), but on mobile you are forced onto that screen every time, even if you watched the ad.

Between the ad icons on chests, ad icon covering up the tavern, ad quest bugging out recurring quests, my city on mobile looks like an advertising trash heap, and I hate it.

Thunderdome

Emperor
If I was a thieving, conniving, son of a *****, I wouldn't have a problem. However, my conscience won't let me be that evil gent in stealing without watching a single ad just because he has an ad-blocker, as I always mind my p's and q's.

There is a problem because if both app and browser versions are created the same way in terms of functionality, clicking on the tavern to collect will auto-activate the boost (whoop-de-doo, I got it for free without watching a single ad) in the browser; what about the mobile app? Would it bring up the ad just because it auto-activates, too? I was hoping to pick some brains to see if any one tested such behavior in the mobile version. If it brings the "watch ad" button as intended then, okay, it's optional. I hardly visit the tavern in the mobile version because I already would have emptied my 16 chair table when I first visited in the browser version. I only needed the mobile to quickly aid/visit taverns which can be accomplished by swiping to the far right at the end of a list, click on a player's icon, then clicking on tavern and aid before tapping the next icon to repeat. The benefit of that is that the button array would push a person to the right, making the next player to pop up to tap on to repeat. So the auto-aid, in the browser, is only good for when I actually AFK from my console station.

Back to the tavern. If you want this feature to be "optional" instead of being intrusive, the default tab should be the table one so we can collect. If we want a boost, similar to the second tab (which we sometimes use when we want to), we will click onto that area, watch the ad, and enjoy the "extra boost". This way, everyone wins.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Problem is it’ll be a compulsive add, when you want to either clear the tavern or activate a tavern boost you’re forced to watch a add (if it’s automatically activated). If I remember correctly it was pointed out earlier that there would be no adds compulsory. However due to this add been presumable automatically activated when you visit the tavern for the first time of the day, it actually is. It is in particularly bad for mobile. As it either consumes a lot of mobile data, or it’ll causing problems when on public weak networks. Like it does with compulsory adds on other sites. Besides that it’s just really annoying to be forced to watch an add while using a normal feature of the game.

stealing without watching a single ad just because he has an ad-blocker
Ad blocker will not let you watch an ad, therefore you don't get rewards. The ad blocker does not magically remove the "Watch Ad"-button.
Would it bring up the ad just because it auto-activates, too? I
No.
If it brings the "watch ad" button as intended
It does. You need to actively tap on the ad button to watch the ad, then you get the boost.
However due to this add been presumable automatically activated
There is nothing like auto activated ads anywhere near the tavern.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
After having tested the feature on live for about 11 days now, I can only say that my earlier points of concern have proven themselves for me.

I am a pretty punctual collector most of the time - especially, when the daily collection is in the early hours of the day. I used to aid just after finishing my collection. I tried to continue that with the aid all - it did not work at all:
- as it only makes sense to start the aid all, when all friends can be aided, I had to wait to the point that is 24h after the last person was aided the previous day - as the aiding takes about 90-120 seconds, aiding time shifts by that much every day at least
- watching ads further increases this delay by about a minute
- the aid all tab does not update the number of players that can be aided currently
-> the game has to be reloaded to get accurate data on the aid all page on how many friends can be aided at the moment
-> often the correct timing is missed due to inaccurate data in the tab
-> when waiting for all friends to be ready for aiding, other things are done in the mean time (PvP, GBG, GE) - this leads to missing the timing for aiding even more
--> at some point it simply is forgotten that aiding friends still was on the schedule

I think, going into the future, I will rarely use this feature, simply because it is not helpful and rather disruptive to my usual gameplay.

Reading isn't your best suit, mate? Kindly re-read my question as well as the ones in the past so you can get up to speed. Also, might I suggest a nice pair of glasses since you're blind to see that the tavern auto-activates the boost in the browser when I just click on the tavern to enter.
First you're talking about ads, then you're talking about boosts.

Ads will not activate automatically in the tavern.
Boosts do activate automatically in the tavern in the browser version.
Boosts do not activate automatically in the tavern in the app version.

This difference is probably due to the fact that there are no ads in the browser version and some people have ads in the app and some don't.

6zeva9

Baronet
The Auto Activate Boosts is a pain.
Especially when you do not want to activate them as you have nothing to collect in the next 4 hours and only went to the Tavern to collect the Tavern Silver as it is full.
Please consider adding a button to allow players to activate or not activate ALL Boosts.

Beta567

Baronet
The Auto Activate Boosts is a pain.
Especially when you do not want to activate them as you have nothing to collect in the next 4 hours and only went to the Tavern to collect the Tavern Silver as it is full.
Please consider adding a button to allow players to activate or not activate ALL Boosts.
I'm not sure I'm following. Why do you want not to activate those boosts? They don't cost anything and it doesn't require to watch an ad.