• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

Goldra

Marquis
Here in beta, without any help, i can make battles until level V. In my live server, with all settlement buildings, FT and TG, i can fight until level IX.
What i learned in live servers, is that you need to build aqueducts to fight over level IX. That needs space, and with the starting space, its impossible. But you need to make a lot of battles, to achieve enugh fragments to buy expansions. And you have 10 days...
As always, coiners can handle this easier, and the no-coiners have to wait for event buildings that give buffs for QI.
As always, you give us a new feature with a very high dificulty level, but with time (events) it turns to a walk in the park.

Wrong! The main people that cheated in Beta don't spend and the cities they have suck so with the changes......... they will fall short. Most of the alt accounts have really low blue stats so they will fail in the new GBG and GE. Most paid players don't cheat! I am a diamond player and there is no way I'm risking getting banned to fight faster after spending! Live servers may be different but soon their day will come. We can't control that mand we cant let them control us.
I didn't talk about Beta, I'm talking about the live server.

Thunderdome

Emperor
My Take on Quantum Incursions...

Had been playing somewhat on and off with this feature. I know it's not a replacement for GvG as a real PVP feature, but QI needs a bit of work.

Action Points: Not a problem in the first days because, well, you only start with a small number of goods, units, and resources to make some progress. However, once a city is established (whether you're churning goods or units en masse), waiting for them to regenerate would take forever. You get 5k action points back every hour (and don't know if it counts your residentials as true), and it takes 20 hours of doing nothing if you want to see your bar to reach 100k. I put games like these on the shelf shortly after playing as I want to keep playing and not be held back with time. I can stand with the hourly regeneration of attempts for GEx and the attrition limit for GBg, but I would like to see Inno lose the action points schtick.

11-Day City: I am sorry, but this one's need work as it's a shame to see the work you put into fizzed away when the incursion is over, you return three days later, and aliens abducted your city and citizens. It's hard enough trying to put up with 10 hour production times (in a different paragraph) that you have to start from scratch each time you play the incursion. Let's do the reset of cities after when championships end instead. We all know that this will take a guild effort as no single player can get this done. The maps can be reset to 1 for each incursion, but I much rather see the cities reset after a complete championship ends.

10-Hour Productions: For those of us that have work, this can be a wonderful thing. However, some of us wanted to be able to control our own production times. Some would want to do 5 minute, 15 minute, 1 hour, 4 hour, or even 8 hour production times in the comfort of our own time and place. Imagine losing sleep if you have to set your alarm to get up at when 10 hours end to collect. Heck, I would like it if we had a warehouse and the buildings automatically produce to pick up (even offline) until it hits the maximum capacity to be used.

Impediments: I am with others, let's lose the impediments. However, if we are able to keep our cities during the championship (instead of resetting), then I wouldn't mind them as they can be removed once during the championship and randomized after the championship phase ends.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Fourth option: Other / Prefer not to say.

It would be bad UX research to not provide a opt out of answering type option in a survey. You don't want to include results where the person hasn't come to a conclusion yet or none of the provided options applied to the person taking the survey.

The moment you get someone who wants to place a different answer (and can't) you're skewing the results if they're forced to pick something. That would void the results of the entire survey as you'd have no way of separating the relevant data from the irrelevant
I agree, but that option will make lot of people use the poll just like that. Then purpose of poll will be lost.

joyfulrider

Squire
I don't like it to build in a separate QI settlement area with different rules.

Please create chaos.

Make the players build in their city area itself instead of QI settlement. In this way, so far sleeping residential, production, goods, cultural buildings etc can be awaken for good usage.

How it can be done is,

- For units, army management can have new marker or icon for QI similar to selecting defending units.
- For buildings, city and QI needs to be differentiated, so bring new feather icon to each buildings. Any building needs to be considered for QI, needs to be applied with feather in it which is similar to motivating action star symbol.

Like these, if they change the plan and logic, reset can still happen and that time each building will lose the feather applied in it. Now the challenge to all the players will be like, maintaining city with previous era buildings. Lot of sacrifices may happen for few players with respect to city buildings.

I am not sure that I conveyed the meaning correctly. Whatever works for QI settlement, asking it to be done in the player city area itself with necessary modification.

Arch1e

Marquis
First QI finished on live, and it was so obviously rushed through from beta that it merits some feedback on that process here. The feature showed some great potential. It’s certainly beating the mindless auto clicking of GbG. However, as was stated in so many posts here, it needed to be rethought. There are many positives, not least the need for the guild to cooperate and communicate. But the time commitment *required* for QI is not insignificant, if you want to build a good to excellent outpost to actually manage to help out. The building and production timers are unforgiving, and with the lack of an editing feature, any mistake will cost you too much time and shards (or supplies) in the early stages to catch up with the guild moving forward faster, which it does need to do if it wants to aim to clear the levels in the allotted time. You could argue that this is a guild issue, and that people will come around to try better next time. Which may be true. But instead, humans being humans, those who can move forward faster get frustrated because they can’t progress optimally, and those who fall behind get frustrated too, because they see that they can not contribute much at all. It can be mitigated by asking people to start focusing only on production for the donation nodes, but again, there are not that many of those, and if someone gives away all they’ve got, particularly troops, then finds that the next node they could have fought with those troops - again, frustration.
In my guild, we did keep an eye on the scoreboard and knew where the main rivals were, but nevertheless, and despite the numerous posts about that also in this forum, the feature has no interaction with other guilds, nor does it actually matter more than a few fragments worth where you end up on that ranking, so there is no incentive to work on the Qi ‘ranking’ either. This lack of interaction with other guilds, by a direct competition, is something that was wished for and should have been easy to implement, and would have made it more fun too.
Irrespective of the merits or flaws with the feature, my main concern now is with how it was processed through testing, the extremely rushed ‘test’ on mobile, which ultimately gave us a feature on live markets with - mainly and predictably concerning mobile - bugs that needed hotfixing, some that weren’t fixed at all like on timers, missing translations of lots of texts, tutorials that should have accompanied this feature being published only after it started (sarcastic applause on that bit of timing, thanks so much) and - most serious of all - divergent versions of the descriptive texts in the feature. On mobile, you have promised significant ‘and more’ rewards for clearing every node, and also for reaching every new level (with the expectation that we obviously should also get the rewards for each previous level). Now you are not giving those, we are only getting the free chests we may have reached through progress. The texts were not changed during all of this first incursion, despite being flagged. There was no announcement about them either. So, now there are people asking where their rewards are? What are you doing about this? And, if I may raise here like I’ve done also on the FoE Discord, what are you going to do about the numerous occasions now where your publishes statements are simply not correct, if not directly misleading?

Last edited:

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
very much like Arch1e said, especially about the need for polishing and rewards: 6 season for these end of championship rewards make them mehh at best (125 fps for 3 months if the guild is ranked 51+?? what the point, most do that in a day)

In addition, I think the 1st level is very punishing for small guilds/small cities. The need to finish the entire 1st level to access free chests is very frustrating. Clearing the first node only, would encourage beginners and more casual players to play. The fighting bonuses should also be removed for lvl 1 basic armies, again to encourage small guilds and casual or beginning players to participate instead of building frustration with the game.

Do the opposing army configurations change from incursion to incursion or do they seem to be pretty much the same? I'm asking because, on live, the opposing army used ballistas in just about every battle and I wonder if this is to be expected for all of the incursions.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
If you don't include the option then the purpose of the poll is already lost because you'll random answers that have nothing to do with the question asked
Actually percentage wise it is very less to happen like that why because, good bad ignore, prefer not to say is close to ignore only. Having this repeated for 3 season enough to get a complete picture of what players think.

If that choice given, more percentage of people selecting is huge. So, avoiding that will make much more sense.

Asking doctor how was the patient,

Good
Bad
Cannot tell anything now (ignore)
Prefer not to say anything.

So, doctor giving last choice as the answer doesn't fit similarly poll which added not to have that choice makes more sense. Here doctors are players and patient is QI.

I don't like it to build in a separate QI settlement area with different rules.

Please create chaos.

Make the players build in their city area itself instead of QI settlement. In this way, so far sleeping residential, production, goods, cultural buildings etc can be awaken for good usage.

How it can be done is,

- For units, army management can have new marker or icon for QI similar to selecting defending units.
- For buildings, city and QI needs to be differentiated, so bring new feather icon to each buildings. Any building needs to be considered for QI, needs to be applied with feather in it which is similar to motivating action star symbol.

Like these, if they change the plan and logic, reset can still happen and that time each building will lose the feather applied in it. Now the challenge to all the players will be like, maintaining city with previous era buildings. Lot of sacrifices may happen for few players with respect to city buildings.

I am not sure that I conveyed the meaning correctly. Whatever works for QI settlement, asking it to be done in the player city area itself with necessary modification.
Completely removing QI settlement, impossible. Dev's when we request small change they won't do mostly, but you asked them to destroy their months of work.

However, I like your plan but instead of making this change with QI, they can introduce some new feature with the concept you mentioned. I like the concept of using the buildings from previous era's for a game feature. You gave a different perspective and they will do or not, no idea. But if it happens, it will be game changer for sure. Anyways, if they does the change for QI, it will be a big surprise.

Emberguard

Emperor
Actually percentage wise it is very less to happen like that why because, good bad ignore, prefer not to say is close to ignore only. Having this repeated for 3 season enough to get a complete picture of what players think.

If that choice given, more percentage of people selecting is huge. So, avoiding that will make much more sense.

Good
Bad

So, doctor giving last choice as the answer doesn't fit similarly poll which added not to have that choice makes more sense. Here doctors are players and patient is QI.

"Ignore the feature" isn't the same as "prefer not to say". "Ignore feature" would be doubling up on "bad". By not including an opt of the poll option you're forcing an opinion on someone who may not have one yet.

Good
Bad

I feel that a poll asking what players will do is pointless. Players can say that they are going to hold their breath until they get what they want but we know that this is not true. INNO is gathering data, in real time, relative to how players behave and they adjust (or not) based on analysis of this data. Only one QI season has been completed on live servers. The true test will be what happens in the second, or third, or fourth, etc. season. Do more players participate? Fewer? I'd wager that it is this data, and not a poll, that interests INNO.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
"Ignore the feature" isn't the same as "prefer not to say". "Ignore feature" would be doubling up on "bad". By not including an opt of the poll option you're forcing an opinion on someone who may not have one yet.
True. I agree. But forcing will make them give much attention. If they are doing it without much care, then nothing can be done. It's like old saying, "until getting married they won't feel the responsibility in life". My worry is, what if player choosing all the time "prefer not to say". So making them stick to completely ignore.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I feel that a poll asking what players will do is pointless. Players can say that they are going to hold their breath until they get what they want but we know that this is not true. INNO is gathering data, in real time, relative to how players behave and they adjust (or not) based on analysis of this data. Only one QI season has been completed on live servers. The true test will be what happens in the second, or third, or fourth, etc. season. Do more players participate? Fewer? I'd wager that it is this data, and not a poll, that interests INNO.
INNO or FOE team should consider player expectation and feeling also. Just with data if they proceed, worse than QI logic can also made possible by the team and deliver to everyone. This QI is not completely worst, but it is worse to some extent.

INNO should come out of thinking too much of participation from players and demanding them to purchase or spend diamonds or real money. This is worldwide advice to INNO in which they have all the rights to omit this advice. Data analysis if they do, they might have already got to know why so many lose interest in the game.

Sometimes pointless poll yields a better understanding and QI definitely need a poll response from players to instruct how they felt.

Arch1e

Marquis
INNO should come out of thinking too much of participation from players and demanding them to purchase or spend diamonds or real money.
They should, because that is logical. If there are no players around, there won’t be anyone around to purchase anything. But, they won’t, as long as people purchase, for whatever reason. Because they convince themselves that it’s needed, the new building they are targeting is so op it’s worth it, or it makes them better players or whatever. I agree QI needs to be rethought, very badly so. It can be played without spending anything at all, and well. In a strong and big guild, you can probably clear level 10 or get close without spending at all. I’m judging that by how far my own guild got, and the numbers participating fully, a bit and very little. It is, however, indicative to me that even those who participated fully are not going to be doing so again, or with any enthusiasm. I give the feature one more incursion to see if there is much more uptake, and then I expect those numbers to drop significantly. It’s not enjoyable enough, the response I’ve had regarding the over promise of rewards on mobile is basically ‘suck it up, we won’t deliver’, and that attitude is also not helpful. Rethinking and redesigning would be a much better option than killing interest in the feature completely, which I think is where it will go, except among maybe a couple of enthusiastic guilds. If those are enough to sustain it, we’ve come full circle and only a few % play something again.

Boo...

Baronet
Yesterday, while discussing the issue of awards with technical support on a live server, I also came to the conclusion that we are being deliberately misled about awards in QI.
The answers from technical support regarding rewards are as vague as the promises in the game.

Yesterday, while discussing the issue of awards with technical support on a live server, I also came to the conclusion that we are being deliberately misled about awards in QI.
The answers from technical support regarding rewards are as vague as the promises in the game.
How are we being misled? The Knowledgebase info is not difficult to understand and it seems to accurately describe the rewards. (1) There is a 40% chance of winning one of the displayed "Node Rewards" upon successful completion of a node activity, (2) Achievement of 160 progress results in the layer winning two free chests which contain one, of six, displayed rewards. The displayed rewards improve with each completed level, and (3) The championship rewards that guilds can win depending on their placement in the ranking at the end of the championship season. If INNO is deliberately misleading us I don't see where this is happening. Please share what tech support told you. Thanks.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The funny thing of QI is. I've constructed extra houses that should give me more Q-actions. Before getting Q-actions the tooltip displayed +5.000 Q-actions. After construction of the houses and even the collections after it was still +5.000 Q-actions. The actions are already a sluggish bottleneck but promising extra Q-actions but not delivering on them... the houses where connected with roads and some where adjacent to the main building

How are we being misled? The Knowledgebase info is not difficult to understand and it seems to accurately describe the rewards. (1) There is a 40% chance of winning one of the displayed "Node Rewards" upon successful completion of a node activity, (2) Achievement of 160 progress results in the layer winning two free chests which contain one, of six, displayed rewards. The displayed rewards improve with each completed level, and (3) The championship rewards that guilds can win depending on their placement in the ranking at the end of the championship season. If INNO is deliberately misleading us I don't see where this is happening. Please share what tech support told you. Thanks.
Where are rewards after finishing each level?