• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

I still think that having to rebuild your settlement 24 times per year is a mistake. There are several good things about QI and those are all related to the Quantum Map: fighting garrisons or strongholds, choosing lanes, beating a boss or lieutenant, donation nodes, action points. The rewards are also nice. If they would scratch the settlement part and let us play on the Quantum map with our own units and buffs then 90% of the complaints in this thread would be gone.

Ah well, not that my opinion will amount to anything. It's too late now because such a drastic change should have been decided in the summer of 2023 when the work on QI started in earnest. Also, it could be that including a settlement aspect is more profitable for Inno as players spend diamonds to speed up productions or buy more expansions, even though we hate that part.

Emberguard

Emperor
[...] There are several good things about QI and those are all related to the Quantum Map: fighting garrisons or strongholds, choosing lanes, beating a boss or lieutenant, donation nodes, action points. The rewards are also nice. If they would scratch the settlement part and let us play on the Quantum map with our own units and buffs then 90% of the complaints in this thread would be gone. [...]

Yeah, probably would be more interesting if it was just the map.

Only thing then (if the devs were to scrap the Settlement part) would be what does everyone think about having to fit in a bunch of Iron Age goods and unit buildings to our main city to accommodate Quantum Incursions? 'Cause without a Settlement that's probably what we'd need to do. Add Iron Age Goods and Unit buildings from the build menu to our main city

For that matter..... wonder if they'll ever give us Event buildings that produce Quantum Incursion units xD

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
. If they would scratch the settlement part and let us play on the Quantum map with our own units and buffs then 90% of the complaints in this thread would be gone.
No, that would mean finding the faults of the other functions.
With the same military bonuses becoming easier and easier to obtain, players would quickly overcome all difficulties in automatic combat.
When GE5 came out some players were happy to do difficult manual combat again. It lasted a few weeks, maybe several months and now it's all automatic without difficulty.

Starting from 0 is good and future events must also not give a multitude of "quantum" bonuses to quickly get around this difficulty otherwise it will simply be more monotonous fights.

The mini "iron" city may need to be revisited but you shouldn't just use the main city.

And the principle is too similar to GE to be attractive, we are told GE6 to GE 10, we don't need 10 GE quantum.

.Chris

Baronet
Only thing then (if the devs were to scrap the Settlement part) would be what does everyone think about having to fit in a bunch of Iron Age goods and unit buildings to our main city to accommodate Quantum Incursions? 'Cause without a Settlement that's probably what we'd need to do. Add Iron Age Goods and Unit buildings from the build menu to our main city
It was the same for GvG, though, right?
You want to fight on the Iron Age Map? You have to put down Barracks from that age.

The concept of having different ages for each QI seems appealing to me, but that could be something that is randomized (same for all guilds to keep the playing field level of course).

At least that seems to me what is going to be the roadmap for the future: Keep adding ages a guild can choose to play in...

Emberguard

Emperor
It was the same for GvG, though, right?
You want to fight on the Iron Age Map? You have to put down Barracks from that age.

To an extent. GvG had all Ages available up to Future, and then All Ages was the latest Age in the game

So you could easily just play with current Age Units and not bother putting down barracks from Iron Age

The concept of having different ages for each QI seems appealing to me, but that could be something that is randomized (same for all guilds to keep the playing field level of course).

At least that seems to me what is going to be the roadmap for the future: Keep adding ages a guild can choose to play in...

I'm intrigued by the concept too

mcbluefire

Baronet
What a joy to see Inno doubling down on one of the least enjoyable and most stressful implementations in the entire game: settlements.

Putting aside the bugs that one would think would have been fixed after the first season, where is the fun in this? This is an absolute yawn fest with an exponential yawn factor for small guilds. Is it not possible to make a system that small guilds can enjoy as much as large guilds do?

• Look! Another season is starting and I have to go into QI via a building in my city to get to a map where I can waste some new troops.
  • Troops all gone, I'll go spend my 20 goods in the resource node. Oh....nope - not yet 'cause now those nodes are blocked until we defeat the other level 1 nodes along the way. Really, cause this wasn't boring enough on level 1? Last season it wasn't an issue to work all the nodes on level 1.
  • Oh, yeah, I should have built out my vilalge. But since the game doesn't take folks to their 'settlement' straight away it's a secondary concern for the entire system, right?
  • Alright, I'll focus on a goods building so I can get some expansions since the new initial expansions are much cheaper than last season! Used all my supplies and coins to build a houses, butchers, and three theaters to fill my beginning space.... won't have enough resources to do anything with a goods building for at least 10 hours. /yawn
  • It's been 10 hours! Collect one house, sell it to have euophoria for the rest of collections. Man, oh man... I'm going to be able to buy at least 5 expansions!! Whoohoo. Collect my resources and sell a butcher to place a goods building. Oh...yeah, gotta pick a goods building type. Why is it showing me combat unit buildings? Exit, re-select goods buildings, nope.... troop building selection again? Exit, reselect goods buildings. Ah, there we go! Okay, pick one that noone else in the guild is using and another with only one member. Got it. Building Jewelry that noone else has! Oh....okay...gotta come back in an hour? /yawn
  • It's been 6 hours, thanks RL! Alright, placing the Jewelry building and gonna drain my resources dry and expand like crazy! Whoot! Run 3x20 and 1x12. Alright, expansions! Oh....wow....that got me 2? /yawn. Sell Jewelry and put up anouther house and a couple butchers. Guess there is no point in buying expansions until I get better houses, cultural buildings, and goat farms down. /yawn /yawn /yarwn. Twenty hours later and I have a cottage, 4 houses, 3 butchers, 2 tailors, a goat farm that will be built 10 hours from now, and three theatres.... and it's only Monday! Wow! I can't wait to actually play this on live. I might even get some troops by Wednesday!
  • Why is it we can go straight from the quantum settlement to our city but not the other way around? This Dimension Hopper must be broken?
This is beyond boring. I am not the least bit interested in doing this over and over for the amazing buildings. While I don't typically play like this, it seems the only folks who are going to enjoy this new system are those in the guild that just sit and wait for the level and championship rewards.

While the rest of the settlement buildings are getting upgrades that are very nice I still can't see myself wanting to do the settlements I stopped doing because of the tedium. Only did 3 itterations in Mughal Empire and skipped Aztecs, the rest I completed. Can't see myself jumping on the Polynesian. The buildings are looking awesome on my own weighted building ranks...but I'd rather fill my city with Feta Farms and future event buildings than do repetitive cycles in QI or settlements. Why try to rehash this system that lost folks interest long ago?

Shelby GT500

Merchant
innogames doesn't care about small guilds or solo guilds, it's only interested in the big guilds, the ones that always win the battlefields, that always win the buildings as a reward, not even giving the small ones a chance to accumulate them for later construction, such buildings! Innogames wants FoE to be more monotonous than farmeville, doing away with what it had best: GvG. Solution? IQ, which are the biggest absurdity of online games, with a design from the 20th century, but from the middle. Innogames, if you want €€€ us, present something that delights players... no more cultural settlements and bull**** like IQ. I don't know if you know Innogames, but the players aren't idiots.

innogames doesn't care about small guilds or solo guilds, it's only interested in the big guilds,
INNOGAMES has little to no interest in the actual game that WAS Forge of Empires. The new owners have Zero interest in it as a game, which is why the few elements of the original game that are left have been relegated to the background in favor of endless events and cheap bolt ons. The players and their guilds (whatever their size) are now merely a commodity from which they make money. They tell their basic grade developers to put something together that will make the commodity spend money. Their stated reason for stopping GvG was that is could not be added to the mobile version of the game and that QI would address that issue and be available to all. But as yet it is still not available or fit for its stated purpose. So like GvG was, it is still only available to PC players. So again neither big or small guilds are catered for.

KMB.

Farmer
is the plan for QI to always restart in Iron Age, or will we be able to keep settlement and built it up(age up) as the next season starts?

angelgail

Baronet
im still trying to play it an it boring ,but when it gose live i like to help my guild with it the best i can .they all want to try it .but dont see them wanting to keep at it .sorry

Fenix

Viceroy
Some clarification please: decorations started to bring happiness, right, they no longer take it away, right?

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I've played QI consistently since it was launched. I win with minimal losses battling manually. But QI is just so tedious and uninteresting. The reward-to-effort, and fun-to-effort, ratios are both too low for me. The bugs are no big deal, this is beta. It’s the overall design that’s uninspired.

For that much time and effort, GBG is a bit less annoying. Yes, mostly boring, but you get these tiny moments of fun once in a while, like when my guild is racing against another guild to get a sector for feel-good victory. Nothing about the QI gameplay is truly creative or fun. No-one in my guild enjoys QI, and it certainly isn’t getting the same (very early) enthusiastic reaction that GBG received when it first launched.

There are a lot of great ideas here on this forum on how to improve QI, but I agree with what others have said: if they were serious about making the game really more exciting, they’d have gone about designing QI differently.

if they were serious about making the game really more exciting, they’d have gone about designing QI differently.
If they were serious about making the game exciting at all. they would hire a game developer capable of understanding what is required to make this a real game again and not just a platform for cheap bolt on junk that makes money in the short term only.
like when my guild is racing against another guild to get a sector for feel-good victory.
You nailed it. The feeling we get in those rare moments has nothing to do with personal rewards. We would do them for no rewards as we know that feel good factor is a shared thing. It is what brings a guild together and makes the game fun.