• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
So what you are saying is I have to burn all my stars on crap items to find the shuffle? Especially after finding the daily within a few gifts. That is very lame....................................................................
Wait the next day, it will be mixed and put back at the beginning. There will be a few hours left for the same gift.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I got 2 dailies too. The second one was on a 2X so I got 2 reindeer for that but only one daily prize (TT) arrived in my inventory. Bug?? or Ripped off??

Like everyone else requiring us to fork out diamonds to claim the reindeer prizes is a lose - lose. Only the tiny percentage of I couldn't care less about spending money people MIGHT buy them. However I predict resistance even from them as I agree with everyone else that the prizes, the rail cars, are underwhelming to the point I wouldn't waste space placing them even if they came free.

And if you want anyone to test the reindeer procurement process you had better dish out sufficient diamonds here in Beta to cover the cost otherwise I doubt anyone will.

This is a known issue, please could you submit a Support ticket?

DeletedUser10374

So I just won another Tact tower and did not receive a reindeer. It looks like if you already have 9 reindeer you MUST spend 2995 Diamonds to collect any more. I don't know how other feel but charging 2995 for those items in the reindeer collection is ridiculous! At that rate if you purchased all nine it would cost you nearly 27,000 diamonds- That's just nuts
Once you buy your reindeer, they're gone. You still win reindeer but they go nowhere. One set (of 1 to 9 for 2995) and that's it.

So, not quite. Once you have 9 reindeer they disappear as you win them until you actually buy them then they start accumulating again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10374

Looking a the train, it looks like the first 2 grand prizes are upgrades and then 50 FP, then you win the first upgrade, and it changes to next as 50 FP and then a WW, and the an upgrade. What's up with that? Where did the second upgrade go? Or if the train Next is random, why have a next, if its not what it says is coming up next?
Yes, the order of the prizes isn't right. Seems like it awards #1, skips #2 and then offers #3 for next prize. Somewhere it was indicated that the payout order was right, left, middle

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10374

The "x2" needs a lot of work. Many of the payouts aren't boosted. A swap gives you a swap + 10 stars. A double swap gives the same. A peek gives you 2 peeks. A double peek gives the same. And, as noted, a double daily special doesn't double up. Come on, double is double.

DeletedUser10047

Once you buy your reindeer, they're gone. You still win reindeer but they go nowhere. One set (of 1 to 9 for 2995) and that's it.
That sounds like a bug.
The announcement said:
Once you've claimed your Reindeer collection, you'll be given the chance to start a whole new collection and receive a new set of rewards.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
This winter event is not at all attractive to me.

I don't really like the rigidity of placing a set of buildings, as it constrains space options to much. However, this event set is particularly tough, as it seems the only option is to put cars behind the train in a line. Just too restricting.

Much more importantly, I don't like the idea of a precedent being set that there is no alternative to spending diamonds to get a particular type of event reward.

Up to now, you could almost always have a decent shot to get the main event building and/or any event bonus prizes by playing strategically, and playing each day. You might have to choose between the main building or another special building, but either choice was always open simply by playing consistently and carefully.

Before this, diamond players were largely distinguished by the quantity of event items they could obtain; but every player had a chance to get any one type of event building or set of prizes.

Now, they have introduced a real 2-tier system, where only diamond players can get certain event rewards. Admittedly, this time, the reindeer + diamonds only buy items you could eventually get from a DS or the AD. But it is easy to see how special event buildings, like the tactician’s tower, will start to become only available for those willing to spend diamonds for some “Bonus Event set”.

I’m going to pass on this event on the live savers. As someone else mentioned, I’ll see if still have time to work on getting a 2nd Asylum on my main worlds, which is much more useful IMHO.

DeletedUser10346

Hmm, yeah, any idea when are we getting more diamonds?
Regards

jools1956

Farmer
Suggestion - with the cost of the reindeer and sleigh purchase it might be nice to then offer that as an "event building" to add to the city. Either with attack or defense bonus, FP, goods, etc.

DeletedUser10282

Just to play devil's advocate, the Altar of Artemis is a 5-level building, the dining car is just a basic one-level, albeit in a set. I think a better comparison would be to single-level buildings like the Checkmate Square, which means it still has to be upgraded!

It's a good set, they just need to tweak the math on the Dining Car to bring them into line with other buildings in terms of efficiency. Right now replacing even weaker buildings like Carousels (compared to the Checkmate Square/Botanical Rotunda that we can get from the Antique Dealer) with Dining Cars is trading a dollar for 75 cents. To make it worth it, we need the ability to at the very least trade a dollar for a dollar.

Agreed, the dining car attack boost needs to be tweaked. As it is now, I’m not really interested vs picking up other attack boost buildings from other events,

Agreed, the dining car attack boost needs to be tweaked. As it is now, I’m not really interested vs picking up other attack boost buildings from other events,

i think it would be okay to have it by itself hold the current 4% attack bonus (regardless of it being attached to anything), and also add the SAME bonus to the train itself with the chaining set ability (therefore raising the train's attack bonus to 24% instead of 20% on last age, and 28% on two dining cars, etc). and then you get 4% additionally for the dining car itself (totalling to 28% for one train and one car, or 32% for one train and two cars) as well.

and maybe the same could also be applied to the other train cars as well?

Edit: and if you look correctly to the event and train itself, it already does add the bonus on the train itself; on their own, the cars only have a happiness value :p so the only change I'm asking for is: add the bonus on the cars themselves as well :)

Last edited:

Feanor II

Baronet
i think it would be okay to have it by itself hold the current 4% attack bonus (regardless of it being attached to anything), and also add the SAME bonus to the train itself with the chaining set ability (therefore raising the train's attack bonus to 24% instead of 20% on last age, and 28% on two dining cars, etc). and then you get 4% additionally for the dining car itself (totalling to 28% for one train and one car, or 32% for one train and two cars) as well.

and maybe the same could also be applied to the other train cars as well?

Edit: and if you look correctly to the event and train itself, it already does add the bonus on the train itself; on their own, the cars only have a happiness value :p so the only change I'm asking for is: add the bonus on the cars themselves as well :)

If I'm reading it correctly, that would essentially mean doubling the attack boost to 8% (4% for the train, 4% for the car). That may be too high. Again, just trying to keep it relatively similar to comparable buildings. It doesn't need to be a super-attack building like an Yggdrasil-9 or Artemis-5, it just needs to be comparable to other event-based single-level attack buildings. A Checkmate Square or Botanical Rotunda give 10% over 9 squares (1.11/1), so at the very least the Dining Car should be 6% over 6 (1/1). Even if we factor in the additional tile for the road connection, a Square or Rotunda maintains a 1/1 ratio of atk%/tiles, so a 2x3 SA:M Dining Car needs to be a 6% boost to make it worthwhile relative to the existing competition. If they want to be generous and/or really encourage people to go for it (see: spend diamonds...hint hint Inno...) they could go to 7%. An 8% bonus for 6 tiles of space in a single-level building seems a bit over-powered to me, even taking into consideration the offset of having to be arranged properly in the set. Though it certainly would be appreciated :)

DeletedUser7624

If I'm reading it correctly, that would essentially mean doubling the attack boost to 8% (4% for the train, 4% for the car). That may be too high. Again, just trying to keep it relatively similar to comparable buildings. It doesn't need to be a super-attack building like an Yggdrasil-9 or Artemis-5, it just needs to be comparable to other event-based single-level attack buildings. A Checkmate Square or Botanical Rotunda give 10% over 9 squares (1.11/1), so at the very least the Dining Car should be 6% over 6 (1/1). Even if we factor in the additional tile for the road connection, a Square or Rotunda maintains a 1/1 ratio of atk%/tiles, so a 2x3 SA:M Dining Car needs to be a 6% boost to make it worthwhile relative to the existing competition. If they want to be generous and/or really encourage people to go for it (see: spend diamonds...hint hint Inno...) they could go to 7%. An 8% bonus for 6 tiles of space in a single-level building seems a bit over-powered to me, even taking into consideration the offset of having to be arranged properly in the set. Though it certainly would be appreciated :)
And same with goods car :) just to compare with sleighs - they give 15 goods a day and 1 year old :)

DeletedUser9733

Do we get Santa and his Reindeers and Sleigh on the streets when the event is completed?

DeletedUser10388

I (and many others) do not like the idea that the Reindeers Collection rewards can only be claimed by paying diamonds. This sets a precedent. Up to now, there has been a reasonable chance that everything offered could be gained by not spending diamonds. Things must stay that way. Also, the fee is exorbitant – nearly 3000 diamonds!

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
I (and many others) do not like the idea that the Reindeers Collection rewards can only be claimed by paying diamonds. This sets a precedent. Up to now, there has been a reasonable chance that everything offered could be gained by not spending diamonds. Things must stay that way. Also, the fee is exorbitant – nearly 3000 diamonds!
It's just a new opportunity to have a little more.
It has no impact on the event and on the main gain.

During some old events, it was possible to buy "gifts of the day" with diamonds, one day late, it was a different possibility of the same kind.

Every time we have a new possibility, there are critics, it's always too little or too expensive ....

Feanor II

Baronet

I know it won't be a popular opinion, but I don't have a problem with this feature. You don't have to use it. You can complete the event without it. It's just that if you want more prizes in addition to the free ones (including the free Grand Prize) you have to pay diamonds, which is the entire business model for FoE in the first place. The fundamentals are free, the extras have to be bought. I don't think there's a reasonable objection until you have to pay diamonds to complete the event.