• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
100 stars costs 1050 diamonds so let's say 300 stars is the competition for your 3k diamonds.

300 stars is likely to get you about 3-4 daily specials. It will also get you at least 30 train tickets which would average to 60 track pieces and 3 grand prizes. So your 9 reindeer have to average out in value to you to 1.5 train upgrades, 4 daily specials you want, and 1.5 grand prizes you have no say in. It'll be a tough call, but for some people the 9 reindeer might be worth it. If at least 2 train upgrades show up, that'd probably be enough to lure in someone to take the package.

DeletedUser7624

100 stars costs 1050 diamonds so let's say 300 stars is the competition for your 3k diamonds.

300 stars is likely to get you about 3-4 daily specials. It will also get you at least 30 train tickets which would average to 60 track pieces and 3 grand prizes. So your 9 reindeer have to average out in value to you to 1.5 train upgrades, 4 daily specials you want, and 1.5 grand prizes you have no say in. It'll be a tough call, but for some people the 9 reindeer might be worth it. If at least 2 train upgrades show up, that'd probably be enough to lure in someone to take the package.
Or if devs will make opportunity to exchange prizes within "9 deer range" same style like prometium team

DeletedUser10388

I know it won't be a popular opinion, but I don't have a problem with this feature. You don't have to use it. You can complete the event without it. It's just that if you want more prizes in addition to the free ones (including the free Grand Prize) you have to pay diamonds, which is the entire business model for FoE in the first place. The fundamentals are free, the extras have to be bought. I don't think there's a reasonable objection until you have to pay diamonds to complete the event.

If this kind of thing becomes the new normal in this game, a lot of people (including me) will be gone. So, I guess it depends what kind of "business model" (as you put it) they want to adopt. Inclusive –– or not.

DeletedUser10282

If this kind of thing becomes the new normal in this game, a lot of people (including me) will be gone. So, I guess it depends what kind of "business model" (as you put it) they want to adopt. Inclusive –– or not.

It would take considerably more than 2 train upgrades to get me to bite, but your point is well taken. I also don’t have an issue with this feature.

Feanor II

Baronet

Not trying to be snide; I'm genuinely curious-why is this such a big deal? I would understand this perspective if the diamond feature was integrated into the questline (or was in some other way required to get the Grand Prize), but it isn't. If the reindeer/diamond feature wasn't there, you'd do the questline, get the Grand Prize, nothing else, and be happy with it. However, if you do the questline, get the Grand Prize, and have the option to buy additional prizes with diamonds you're so upset that you'd quit the game entirely? Especially considering this has always been an option anyway, it's just that now instead of buying more event currency to try for Daily Specials they've given a prize array to buy? It's the exact same paradigm it's always been, they've just put a metaphorical new coat of paint on it. It's the same as those "For 24 hours only, spend X diamonds to receive Y prize!" You don't have to do it, they're just giving the option if you want it.

This strikes me as similar to a scenario of someone giving you a free meal at a restaurant and you'd be happy, but if the same restaurant gives you the same free meal and then offers a dessert for a charge all of a sudden you're upset with the free meal? It makes no sense. If you don't want dessert don't buy dessert; it doesn't change anything about the free meal. Is the complaint that people who spend diamonds will get more prizes than those who don't? That's ALWAYS been the case. That's how Inno makes their money. If no one buys diamonds there is no FoE.

Again, not trying to be rude or pick a fight, I'm just looking for some sort of logic to this complaint that so many seem to have.

DeletedUser9733

I (and many others) do not like the idea that the Reindeers Collection rewards can only be claimed by paying diamonds. This sets a precedent. Up to now, there has been a reasonable chance that everything offered could be gained by not spending diamonds. Things must stay that way. Also, the fee is exorbitant – nearly 3000 diamonds!

What Reindeers Collection rewards

DeletedUser10346

It seems to me that this event is harder for getting good prizes, because you don't know what you are opening, not like the pumpkins from the Halloween event(where you know which items you could get), and even if there is a good item on the board you hit a shuffle and lose it all.
In worst case scenario you spend a bunch of stars opening boxes and then get a shuffle and all you got was crappy stuff, and it seems they spend more time on the reindeer thingy, instead of making the other part from the event better.
And yes the reindeer are not mandatory, but they could have made the board better.
Regards

DeletedUser8518

It seems to me that this event is harder for getting good prizes, because you don't know what you are opening, not like the pumpkins from the Halloween event(where you know which items you could get), and even if there is a good item on the board you hit a shuffle and lose it all.
In worst case scenario you spend a bunch of stars opening boxes and then get a shuffle and all you got was crappy stuff, and it seems they spend more time on the reindeer thingy, instead of making the other part from the event better.
And yes the reindeer are not mandatory, but they could have made the board better.
Regards

The winter event has always been like this since FoE existed. This is usually the one event during the year that I DON'T look forward to because of what you alluded to.

DeletedUser10178

I very rarely post a comment on a thread regarding the Beta testing of a new Quest. I have played FoE for over 5 years and left the game in total disappointment. I rebooted under a different name on 21FEB2019 in hopes that the changes would be reasonable. I can be objective and realize that the game needs to evolve to maintain a high level of interest. I'm all for new add-on's to keep players interested in. My request is not to forget the players who have been loyal to you over the years and now see a significant reduction in rewards/prizes in future quests. For example, the "Winter Quest." I personally have no desire to participate because the prizes being offered are insignificant and not worthy to participate in. Perhaps I've been spoiled in what was offered years ago, but your giving "less" to players than you use to. Look, I realize the needs of the Corporate structure, but PLEASE stop reducing rewards for the average player to accrue segments to complete i.e. Wishing Well, Shrine of Knowledge, the ridiculous Supply rushes.....you guys/coders are better than that. Put FUN back into the game....in essence your reducing the prizes/rewards in making almost impossible to advance in the game. I hope my comments will resonate in a positive manner. Sometimes, you need to look back to the beginning's when your model generated a great deal of interest....now, it only satisfies a mundane involvement.. INNO you had a "Jewel" but now your settling for mediocrity. Your response has always been to modify the game to correct or modify the game in the best interest of we gamers. Really?

Not trying to be snide; I'm genuinely curious-why is this such a big deal? I would understand this perspective if the diamond feature was integrated into the questline (or was in some other way required to get the Grand Prize), but it isn't. If the reindeer/diamond feature wasn't there, you'd do the questline, get the Grand Prize, nothing else, and be happy with it. However, if you do the questline, get the Grand Prize, and have the option to buy additional prizes with diamonds you're so upset that you'd quit the game entirely? Especially considering this has always been an option anyway, it's just that now instead of buying more event currency to try for Daily Specials they've given a prize array to buy? It's the exact same paradigm it's always been, they've just put a metaphorical new coat of paint on it. It's the same as those "For 24 hours only, spend X diamonds to receive Y prize!" You don't have to do it, they're just giving the option if you want it.

This strikes me as similar to a scenario of someone giving you a free meal at a restaurant and you'd be happy, but if the same restaurant gives you the same free meal and then offers a dessert for a charge all of a sudden you're upset with the free meal? It makes no sense. If you don't want dessert don't buy dessert; it doesn't change anything about the free meal. Is the complaint that people who spend diamonds will get more prizes than those who don't? That's ALWAYS been the case. That's how Inno makes their money. If no one buys diamonds there is no FoE.

Again, not trying to be rude or pick a fight, I'm just looking for some sort of logic to this complaint that so many seem to have.

Inno isn't saying to us, "Come on in, sit down and have a free meal." We're "working" for our meal (the Grand Prize). I'm guessing MOST people will get it but not all.

What irritates me about the Reindeer part of the event is simply the fact that Inno calls them "rewards" when they are nothing of the sort. Imagine seeing a poster that says "$50 reward for finding my lost dog". Then you notice some fine-print which says "Minus payment of processing fee." Words matter. If Inno said something like, "Each time you find a reindeer, we'll select a special item to offer you. In fact, you can find up to 9 reindeer and fill the sleigh with 9 of these special offers that you can buy for only 3 thousand diamonds", it would be considerably less objectionable. It will still be objectionable, of course, but for the usual Inno reasons; the most common being they're ridiculously overpriced.

DeletedUser9733

Regards

I could not agree more, I now have an army of flag wavers. The presents are very poor.

Feanor II

Baronet
Inno isn't saying to us, "Come on in, sit down and have a free meal." We're "working" for our meal (the Grand Prize). I'm guessing MOST people will get it but not all.
Imagine seeing a poster that says "$50 reward for finding my lost dog". Then you notice some fine-print which says "Minus payment of processing fee."
You've got causality backward. In your example, you're owed $50 for services rendered, and they take some out of it before they give it to you. That's not what's happening here. You've also inverted the service paradigm; in your example you've performed a service for someone else and they've tried to reduce the agreed-upon amount you're owed as compensation. Inno doesn't owe you anything. You've never performed a service for them. The "work" of completing quests is utterly meaningless to discussion of real-world currency since that labor holds no real-world value (with the exception in this particular forum of beta-testing). They are the service providers to you, and you are objecting to the price of their service. In particular, you are objecting to the price of an additional service on top of a free one. If we want to try to pigeonhole it into the "lost dog" analogy, you're the owner of the dog, and they agree to find it for you for free, but you'll have to pay if you want the dog bathed before being returned, and you're upset about that charge. To make it extra silly, if all they did was return your lost dog for free you'd be happy, but if they add the offer to bathe her for a charge you'd get upset, even though you can obtain the exact same outcome that made you happy by simply declining the bath.

If Inno said something like, "Each time you find a reindeer, we'll select a special item to offer you. In fact, you can find up to 9 reindeer and fill the sleigh with 9 of these special offers that you can buy for only 3 thousand diamonds", it would be considerably less objectionable. It will still be objectionable, of course, but for the usual Inno reasons; the most common being they're ridiculously overpriced.
I agree it could be worded better. I just don't have a problem with the overall concept.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10039

Please let us empty the 9 reindeer slots once we filled them if we don't want to purchase the current 9 rewards. I have filled all 9 but don't want any of the current rewards. I would like to remove them all and start a new collection without needing to have to pay to remove the 9 items I do not want. Thank you.

DeletedUser10282

The winter event has always been like this since FoE existed. This is usually the one event during the year that I DON'T look forward to because of what you alluded to.

I agree. Compare this to the much better Summer Event, the last two anyway that I know of, when you get to decide to reset the wheel. I tend to spend some diamonds in that event because of that control.