• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I agree it could be worded better. I just don't have a problem with the overall concept.

After thinking about your comments, I pretty much agree with you. On reflection, my earlier objections were more over Inno's initial poor and confusing presentation, rather than the actual concept itself. As long as the main event can be completed without requiring diamonds, it is not different, as you point out, to Inno's regular offers to sell some building/items for diamonds.

Nonetheless, Inno really should use much more clear wording to describe this "feature". Just use clear, unambiguous language stating that players can also buy a random, but totally optional, grab bag of up to 9 prizes for 3000 diamonds. This is not a reward, or a prize, but a discounted sale of middling items. No more, no less.

Overall, I am not very attracted to this Winter event. The train set is very cool looking, but too difficult to fit into a city (for me), given its slightly underwhelming stats. The event requires a fair amount of tedious game play, yet it seems to be missing the "fun" part. The mini games for archeology and Halloween added a bit of newness, strategic thinking, and just plain fun. That enjoyable bit seems missing from this winter event. The only intriguing item for me is the Tactician's Tower, but it is no game changer.

Some random suggestions:

1) If Inno expects to generate diamond sales for these prizes, the prizes should at least rise to the level of "nice to have". Right now, they are largely at the low end of the daily special offerings.

2) The shuffle should have an option to delay its use at least 1 turn, to let folks be able to get at least 1 prize that has already been exposed.

3) Consider allowing some cars to be placed next to the train, instead of only in a straight line behind. (as if the train was waiting at the depot, and the cars had yet to be attached).

4) Allow the purchase, with stars, of the sneak peek option for 2 prizes. That removes some risk, balanced by reducing the number of stars you can spend on prizes. (maybe 40 stars to purchase a sneak peek for 2 boxes).

5) Have the various colors of gift boxes have some relation to the type of prize. E.g.: the purple gifts could be various boosts; the green boxes FPs /medals/BPs; Red boxes coins/supplies, etc. A bit Ike various types of chests in other events. It would add a bit of strategy to making the choices, and that would add a little more interest to sticking with the event.

It's not at all a bad event. Just an uninspiring one.

In particular, you are objecting to the price of an additional service on top of a free one.

Really? Where did I say that? (Hint: the correct answer is "Nowhere".) I won't bother with the rest of your tangent about services as I was talking about rewards and, specifically, Inno's misuse of the word.

Fenix

Viceroy
Hi
I play this game for only a few months. That said. I do not like this event (i can't control what i get, and the rewards are mostly useless junk).
I like the train, and because i don't have the other events prises I also would like to get the wagons (and, apparently they are difficult, too difficult, to get).
Finely. I hate the reindeers (I will not spend diamonds to by those kind of random prises, they are extremely bad).

Feanor II

Baronet
Really? Where did I say that? (Hint: the correct answer is "Nowhere".)
In your "dog-finding" example, which as I illustrated was disingenuous. You don't seem to grasp the concept that Inno is the service provider to you. You think that you doing the quest means they somehow owe you something. They don't. If anything you would owe them since they developed the means of entertainment and provided it to you, free of charge no less.

I won't bother with the rest of your tangent about services
It wasn't a tangent, it was a logical assessment of the situation, especially as it pertained to the fallacious dog-finding example that you introduced, in which you seem to be confusing who exactly is the service provider to who in your relationship with Inno. With the singular exception of beta-testing on this specific forum, you don't do anything for them. Playing their game doesn't benefit them in any way if you're not paying for it.

as I was talking about rewards and, specifically, Inno's misuse of the word.
As I said, I agree with you it could be worded better.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I have 9/9 reindeer, and now I have to pay 2995 diamonds to get my prizes?
that's not ok, that's so bad
I agree, it is not ok. I play 3 worlds, that would be 9k diamonds, it's way more than I will pay for a game.I already buy diamonds to use for the settlements to raise the buildings faster and to Exp when I changes time age. It's not ok!

I will go so far as saying it is ruining the whole event for me. The rest of the event is nice, I love the train, but only thing I can focus on is the reindeers and the fact I have to pay RL cash to get them.
It's all fine, people can buy stars with diamond and get more prices than me but this paying for gifts you already got, that is really bad and will make many feel like I do.

To make it worse, it also cost me RL cash, if I want to play Battleground as there is no buying extra turn for silver for negations.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I agree, it is not ok. I play 3 worlds, that would be 9k diamonds, it's way more than I will pay for a game.I already buy diamonds to use for the settlements to raise the buildings faster and to Exp when I changes time age. It's not ok!

I will go so far as saying it is ruining the whole event for me. The rest of the event is nice, I love the train, but only thing I can focus on is the reindeers and the fact I have to pay RL cash to get them.
It's all fine, people can buy stars with diamond and get more prices than me but this paying for gifts you already got, that is really bad and will make many feel like I do.

To make it worse, it also cost me RL cash, if I want to play Battleground as there is no buying extra turn for silver for negations.

You didn't 'already win' the reindeer prizes. They're just extras to be bought with diamonds - no different than buying extra stars (and quite possibly less efficient)

It doesn't cost you RL cash to play battlegrounds unless you want it to. Negotiations in battlegrounds are usually only 5 item negotiations, occasionally 4 or 6. They don't *need* extra turns; you can get away with cancelling the negotiation and trying again if you don't get it in 3 lines - and usually you CAN get it in 3 lines.

Feanor II

Baronet
it's like santa asking what you want for christmas, and then replying, okay, that's 30$ then.
what would a child do as a result? indeed, it will cry :p

Get a paper route, mow some lawns, whatever, and pay for what they want rather than operate under the assumption that the ability to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide somehow means they're entitled to have other people give them free stuff?:p

Seriously though, what Inno Claus is actually doing is giving you the same level of gift you got last year and offering you another one for a charge. "And" is the operative word here. That's the part that really blows my mind about this. If the reindeer rewards weren't there you'd get the train and presumably be happy with it. Everyone's upset about diamonds for prizes in addition to the free one. Inno's not making anyone pay diamonds for the Grand Prize or the Daily Specials, it's just an added option if you want and everyone freaks out "they're making us spend diamonds to get the prize!" Especially ridiculous given that you could always do this by buying Event currency with diamonds. I've been plenty critical of Inno in the past, including on this Forum, including this event itself (the Dining Car stats are out of alignment in the upper ages relative to other attack buildings, and me spending money on this event when it goes live is probably contingent on them fixing it, which they haven't done yet). But this complaint that so many are upset about just doesn't hold logical water.

This is basically what people are saying:
Free Grand Prize+Free Daily Special prizes+the option to get more prizes by buying event currency with diamonds=happy
Free Grand Prize+Free Daily Special prizes+the option to get more prizes for 2995 diamonds=enraged

It makes no sense!

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
What a mess Inno made of this.

Beta is for testing ideas, and working out bugs. Inno messed up on how they communicated on the reindeer and paying with diamonds.

By mixing the awarding of reindeer (a discount for shopping at the Inno store) with game play (the Daily Special), Inno caused confusion.

Prior to this event, there has been a clear difference between routine (free) play, and a few specific options to speed up progress by spending diamonds. In game, there is no aspect of the basic play that requires spending RL money or using diamonds.

As with buying “Stars”, buying diamonds plus any event currency (or diamonds + FPs outside of events) takes you to an Inno "Shop", making it clear you are getting a discount for buying diamonds with RL cash.

Buying extra BPs or goods for a GB, or to get into a gold league, are also clearly perceived as optional rewards for diamond players. But while using diamonds speeds up progress, a person can play any aspect of the game without spending diamonds; until now. It has always been quite possible to get any main event feature simply by playing well and carefully.

Players are used to getting the Daily Special, and being able to use it without needing to spend diamonds. Yes, I know players still get the ‘free’ daily special reward and that the reindeer are an "extra". That mix of two seperate concepts is precisely the problem.

It changes the nature of the Daily Special, as it now adds an element to DSs that can only be accessed by spending diamonds. This change in the DS was very poorly communicated, and frankly not well thought out, IMHO.

In this case, for some silly reason Inno tried to pass this off as a "reward." They use that language in their announcement:

"When you uncover a Daily Special, not only do you receive the prize itself and a ticket for your train, but you also find one of the lost reindeers! Once you have found your first Reindeer you can claim your reward at any time for Diamonds!"

By calling it a reward, and making it a part of the DS, it is causing some anger and confusion among a fairly large group of beta testers. This is a group one can reasonably assume are at least as vested in FOE as the average player, and maybe more so.

No company should rely on some customers defending and explaining to other customers, a poorly communicated change in services provided. It is solely the responsibility of Inno to correct their ineffective communications if they want to maximize diamond purchases and increase profits.

I would suggest that Inno should separate the awarding of reindeer from the Daily Specials, and from any direct event- related activity. Since it is too late to jettison the concept, simply award 1 reindeer for every 4 days of logging in. And make it clear that reindeer are simply discount coupons, which can be used to buy a random bag of game items from the Inno shop, for a discounted amount of diamonds. They are not a reward for game play, though maybe they could be marketed as a perk given to persons who play regularly. Sort of similar to perks given by airlines for frequent flyers.

Last edited:

Pafton

Viceroy
Personally, I don't like the reindeer concept. However, I wholly agree with the reasoning for its presence put forward by a member some days ago. Mainly, the outrage and backlash against the reindeers all comes down to human psychology. If people are told that something is a reward, then obviously they will expect it to be given to them for free, which of course, is what rewards are. You don't pay for a reward or prize, do you? Inno might've also gone wrong in associating the reindeers with the Daily Special, as anyempire pointed out a couple of messages ago.

As a solution, if nothing else, the devs should at least reconsider calling the reindeer prizes as rewards. We have seen special offers which give most of the things which are reindeer prizes in sales or with diamond purchases. This present concept is simply the same old stuff packed with a different wrapper.

DeletedUser10356

Maybe there would have been less misunderstanding and confusion if the reindeer rewards would have been represented as tokens for possible discount.

shad2389

Viceroy
As a solution, if nothing else, the devs should at least reconsider calling the reindeer prizes as rewards.
hell i'll never pay 3000 diamonds for a reward if INNO wants to do $ with event i'd sugest they sell deers for $ but not need to pay to get reward eaven with 9 deers you need to pay , but if you colect 9 without paying you should get reward without paying in other events INNO sels curencys like the tools in haloween event why ask so much fo the deer colection eaven with a full colection this sounds so wrong to me , players who usualy buy in other events would still buy as much if the deers would be like the tools but asking 3000 diamonds for a full set of colected deers seems so wrong to me let the poor players who never buy diamonds have a chance at getting the deers reward and make deers a bit rarer would be acceptable for me

DeletedUser1418

https://prnt.sc/pqqc0z
Inno please think this over please...
No need for Happyness, no need for population... In my city 67% is without work, how the hell can they be happy?
Moreover, what is the use for Population and Happyness GB's if you are sort of replacing it with event buildings? This is REALY unfair to especially the folks who has supported you over the past 7½ years. Please re-think this, give those GB's different or additional functionality to ballance the game...
Then a new tower for defence attack in stead of using the existing watchtower. Why not just upgrading the existing towers by using upgrade kits to do both defence and attack to defending armies? This is really stupid, wont really help, and to place all this additional clutter you need more room.
Is the Game dead? Probably will be in the next year or so...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1418

100 stars costs 1050 diamonds so let's say 300 stars is the competition for your 3k diamonds.

300 stars is likely to get you about 3-4 daily specials. It will also get you at least 30 train tickets which would average to 60 track pieces and 3 grand prizes. So your 9 reindeer have to average out in value to you to 1.5 train upgrades, 4 daily specials you want, and 1.5 grand prizes you have no say in. It'll be a tough call, but for some people the 9 reindeer might be worth it. If at least 2 train upgrades show up, that'd probably be enough to lure in someone to take the package.

The 30 tickets... correct. 3-4 daily special... 1.... thats what I got for 3k diamonds. You just never know.

shad2389

Viceroy
The 30 tickets... correct. 3-4 daily special... 1.... thats what I got for 3k diamonds. You just never know.
yes you never know but the deer concept just sounds so wrong to me the way it is now eaven on my beta city i never ever get my diamonds count up to 3000 on live server it's eaven worst i hardly ever get more then 200 in my diamonds count , game is suposed to be playable eaven without having to buy diamonds wich is just not the case with the deer concept you can be sure almost only diamond buyers will get that reward if you keep it as it is

Cleitomachus

Marquis
I want to ask a question about the reindeers:
Why you have to pay to get something you didn't choose?
Have you realized that luck plays too much in this game?
The train is so beautiful, but the issue with the reindeers collection is a parody...

Last edited: