• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I may be wrong but I do not think GBG affects final rankings like GvG. I think it is more like GE, that adds relatively little...
From the prestige values I have seen so far, I expect the prestige in diamond to be 7k to 10k - that is about the same amount of prestige, the 1st place guild had before GBG

Nessie

Baronet
That post is referring to being matched against guilds of unequal ability/performance, not size.

Take two guilds, each with 5 members. In one guild all the members are in SAM with high level GBs and each member is capable of doing 60+ encounters in Battlegrounds. In the other guild, the most advanced member is in LMA and capable of doing 25-30 encounters in Battlegrounds.

Is it fair that these two guilds get matched just because they are the same size?

I don't see why anyone would have an issue being matched against guilds that have the same performance level.

If you are in a guild global ranking let's say 10 - 10.000, performance or guild size - both is fine :)
If you are in a guild global ranking 2 GUILD SIZE does matter - I am again referring to my posting today 2.51 PM

The solution is to NOT spend diamonds in order to get an extra turn. Which do you have more of - diamonds or goods?.

generally agreed, only for me it's not goods vs. diamonds but time vs. diamonds - I always spend dias (collecting enough of them across the worlds, so actually I have the fewest on beta) in negotiations where necessary. If I think it's not worth it, I will stop doing battleground (not overly enthused with it anyway, don't see enough personal reward).

Borowski

Squire
so after the first round, we moved to silver league, just as all top 4 guilds.
and just earned more or less as much as the others although the first 2 guilds have done way more than place 3 and 4.
so I see no point in doing this much in the next round. take it easy, keep your goods, this will do as well.

M4bJvI3.png

DeletedUser10298

sorry, my english is not that good.
I can`t read all the last 28 sites and understand everything:(
I played as singleplayer guild the last battelfield and got place three, as told in the box, I should have won 43,000 guildpower:)
but i only got 11 guildpower:( why is there such a difference?

DeletedUser10047

sorry, my english is not that good.
I can`t read all the last 28 sites and understand everything:(
I played as singleplayer guild the last battelfield and got place three, as told in the box, I should have won 43,000 guildpower:)
but i only got 11 guildpower:( why is there such a difference?
Your guild is currently level 8 (almost level 9). What level was your guild before?

DeletedUser10298

Your guild is currently level 8 (almost level 9). What level was your guild before?
oh, so it changed now:), when I looked this morning, after the finishing we just got 11 more and where still on level 2
So I didn´t say anything

When I logged in today, the GB window popped out and on the left side it said something like "duo to inactivity your guild was not qualified for any rewards". something like that. but then when I clicked on GB in my town, the same window shows up and i can see the chest on the left and I did indeed get fragments. So... What reward did we not qualify for? Also, we ended up top 1 in this match-up, so I don't see how we would be considered "inactive".

DeletedUser9719

If you are alone and you want to win in diamond, you'll have to go in a big guild...

the aim of attrition and the league system was not to favor the big guild in spite of the small guild but to favor the investment.
but actually at the moment for now it's the opposite

however, we can ask all players to integrate a single guild, it solves the concern of concurence

I will admit that in the current state of things it is easier to ask all the guild not to play because if none plays, they are very first and it wins all

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9022

However, ANY member of that guild can decide to manually sign up his/her guild for the next season (since it will not harm the other members if his guild participates).

What happens with the guild’s rank if a guild does not register for the league? Does it decrease or does it stay the same? Because if it stays the same, registering could have negative effects since then the rank could decrease. Then it will harm other members.

Another point: I am in a small guild and we were initially ranked in the Copper League. Only two guilds participated actively, all others did not aquire a single sector. Thus, they all share rank 3 and all of them get the rank 3 reward. I think one should not get rank 3 rewards for just registering every two weeks ;)

DeletedUser10047

What happens with the guild’s rank if a guild does not register for the league? Does it decrease or does it stay the same? Because if it stays the same, registering could have negative effects since then the rank could decrease. Then it will harm other members.

Another point: I am in a small guild and we were initially ranked in the Copper League. Only two guilds participated actively, all others did not aquire a single sector. Thus, they all share rank 3 and all of them get the rank 3 reward. I think one should not get rank 3 rewards for just registering every two weeks ;)
The prestige that a guild earns sticks for two weeks (until the end of the following season). If a guild does not participate in a season, it will lose the prestige it gained in the preceding season. Non-participation will cause a guild to lose rank if it had previously participated, but signing up will not change rank.

As stated numerous times, guilds that do nothing earn 0 rewards.

Arya66

Squire
Just my thoughts....
1. Let us see who is contributing & how much (at least founders/leaders)
2. Make the amount of "fragments" given indivdualized to each player, based on how much they have done. (up to a certain number perhaps)
3. Increase the number of fragments given.
4. Group guilds by number of members. A guild with 50 members could easily out do one with only 10. Even if only 1/2 of the larger guild plays.
Just my thoughts.

DeletedUser9268

My observations. Was part of silver league in a guild that came 3rd. Am a Guild Leader in a production world.

Lot of initial participation but dropped off drastically. Internal Guild conversation revealed:
1. Became demotivating for many conquering and reconquering same provinces with no ability to defend the one we already held.
2. For most players fighting became impossible when defending armies %age A/D reached high levels too quickly
3. Negotiating rapidly declined due to the impact of the Diamond rort. This will likely be more pronounced in the production worlds where we don't get free diamonds for testing (where are they for this INNO?) and cost more to boot.
4. Reality check - in this instant reward RL world most players are out to advance themselves not their Guild.
5. The 3 FP rewards for individuals whilst participating were nice but paled into insignificance compared to the rewards from GE (especially from Relics) or the cost of obtaining them.
6. The fragment rewards for individuals as commented by several others is a joke.

Unless there are significant changes I see a big drop off over the next few rounds probably to similar participation levels as current GvG.

Some quick fix solutions that MAY turn this around are:
1. Address the rate at which the defender percentages increase drastically downwards
2. Remove or massively ameliorate the diamond rort in negotiating. This will encourage more "farmers" to participate (the rort is a HUGE disincentive).
This could be done in one or both of two ways:
a. Allow extra turn through Tavern as with GE
b. Allow 4 free turns for all negotiations with six or more choices. (this one should also be applied to Japanese settlements)
3. Adjust the personal rewards to be more inline with cost/risk and GE rewards

My 2 cents worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8743

A question came up regarding ageing up during a battleground...

Will the age of the encountered negotiations/battles be of the players age at the beginning of the GBG (like it is with GE) or always of the players current age?

As it is the same topic... What about the building costs of the province buildings? Will they change when the guilds highest age player changes his age?
When I aged up to HMA, the fights were aged up to HMA troops. However negotiations continued to use EMA and Iron Age goods.

DeletedUser10244

The start distribution isnt working well, 1 Guild in platinum ... and its unfair as well to give out gold league for free.
I propose every guild is placed in silver league for the start on live servers.
relegation has a meaning from the start and you get a solid base of gold league guilds for second round, eg 80 matches of eight, first + second get promoted, 160 guilds in round 2 in gold. next round 20 matches in gold and again first + second get promoted
On the third round the battles become fierce, because then you have the top guilds in maybe 2-4 matches