• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

Umbrathor

Baronet
First of all: quite a bit of discussion in this thread has focused on how to make the settlements less of a drudge. While I favor the options to make the challenges more varied (a different challenge every time), or to see some advancement from one settlement to another (having unlocked buildings, boosts or whatever (rather than having to demolish and start from scratch every time, I thought of a much simpler alternative. Simply decrease the amounts of goods needed for each research. While not changing the drugde, a faster play-through will make the settlements more attractive.

Now that I am in my second settlement, I find that I notice different aspects than in first time:
* it is much easier to fit the buildings in the available area, requiring less extensive puzzling and retooling than in the viking settlement
* a stretch of 8 squares works well enough, since the 'main' houses are 4 in length now. 4 - 1 road - 3 works in a stretch of 8. The 3x3 houses in Vikings made it necessary to have stretches of 12 (a multiple of 3). being able to usde stretches of 8 gives greater flexibility.
* it requires fewer expansions. In Vikings I bought 8 expansions (2, 2, 4), wgereas now I expand as the merchanrt permits me, and found that at something like 7 I have ample room to keep 4 goods buildings funded.
* As said above, it seems like the shrines provide more or less enough diplomacy to not have to tear down roads and such often. Near rthe end, I built two tori gates and left those standing, and built two tea houses.

So yes, it was a more smooth experience. I still feel that repeating this over and over will amount to drudge though.

And the timer remains a sore point. The first few runs one has a lot of time, so many people can finish with the gold timer. But the timer decreases. As it is now, people who can only log in about twice a day can hardly finish the later runs of vikings withihn the gold timer, and I expect the same will true with the later Japan runs too.

I feel that people who have a daytime job should not have to suffer for it.

Good question. The announcement states that the merchant can give 4x, but like Wanheda, I also got 5x. Is the announcement in error in this regard? And what is the percent chance of getting the boost from the Merchant?
If the original offer is something like 14 cultural goods, then 4x14 would make it into 56, so it's not a bug.

But I'm still curious about the percentage of merchant boost and if it does increase with every finished settlement...

DeletedUser9807

I just finished my first Japanese settlement and I like it. However, in my enthusiasm to start another one, I forgot to switch it over and ended up starting the Viking settlement. Is there any way you could have a pop-up screen or something asking which settlement you want to start when you click on the boat to start a new one, especially after doing one other than the Viking?

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I just finished my first Japanese settlement and I like it. However, in my enthusiasm to start another one, I forgot to switch it over and ended up starting the Viking settlement. Is there any way you could have a pop-up screen or something asking which settlement you want to start when you click on the boat to start a new one, especially after doing one other than the Viking?
I was close to do that mistake too. Maybe just let the last type of settlement be showing, when you click to start a new settlement.
That way, if I just finishe the japanes one, I will not see viking but the Japanes one ad have to switch if I do want to start viking.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
I was close to do that mistake too. Maybe just let the last type of settlement be showing, when you click to start a new settlement.
That way, if I just finishe the japanes one, I will not see viking but the Japanes one ad have to switch if I do want to start viking.
No, viking must not be first on some worlds, and second on others.
If viking is always first there will be less error.

DeletedUser9712

Onto the Japan feudal now. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to do..... I thought we were going to have a egyption settlement next, I guess I was wrong there lol.

DeletedUser9559

Hello,
Someone could confirm that, to negotiate with the merchant, it never ask Promethium and/or Orichalcum? (and maybe Mars Ore too)
And if the answer is yes, how much?

The Lady Ann

Baronet
just finished my first japanese settlement with 2 hrs to spare due to at least 2 mistakes on my part and only finished in time thanks to the merchant, a huge thumbs up from me feels more balanced and less frantic than the Viking's

DeletedUser9797

I'm close to finishing the 1st round of Japanese settlement and have some thoughts about it. First of all, dear team of Innogames! Thanks a lot for this beautiful idea, more then for its realization in a very reasonable way. In general Japanese settlement is another planet of thought and of your attention to players in comparison with Vikings.
So, the 1st of my ideas. Maybe you'll find it possible to make Vikings more dynamic by adding such option as Merchant or anything like this.
The 2d idea is connected with stage prizes during making the questline. Maybe you'll find it reasonable to let the players to chose which fragments to take: shrine, wishing well or wishing well kit. Everybody has got his own way of development and this your step , from my point of view, can be considered as reasonable.
But in general, I would like to repeat: thank you so much for Japanese settlement! It's great! I hope you'll use best of its ideas also in other settlements, including Vikings

DeletedUser5097

+ points
> Visible improvments compared to Vikings, much faster, better ballance
> Mercant is an must have, having 3x dailly chance for obtaining extra cultural goodies should be possible for every settlement
> Final and speedrun reward is great in its own rights

>13x +/- 1,5-2w repeating the same quest becomes quickly borring
>Also we must start over from scretch after finishing settlement, lacking the feelling of an real achievment for settlement (except rewards ofc)

Improvment suggestion:
>Expand buildingpool and playthrough, allowing us to grow the settlement to much bigger sizes
>E.G. give us 119 total missions* with much more buildings to unlock and developing an real city
>Keep grand & time rewards at 17 missions milestone,
>unlocking also an break mechanism** or giving up and starting later over from scretsh like now

*7x (regulair settlents 17 quests (each regulair settlement) = 119 quests
7 (regulair settlements) x 2w (first golden time) = +/- app 14w play time

**The break ''freezes'' time for the next time rewards but also prevents futher progress. So the player
continue when he/she likes, without the option to abuse the ''time freeze'' for the time rewards. Mercants
times should also be reset to the time that the player decides to continue this longer quest.
If the player doesn't want to continue but wants to do another settlement. This settlement can be abbaondon
without penelty. When you start in this settlement again, it will be like now just from scretch.

----------

Reasson: this way you would not have to begin over from scretch so many times. For getting the
best reward you have to do it with this suggestion only twice. While my suggestion is far from perfect.
Many players don't like to see no real progress in the settlements, regardless of how much effort they
put in for completing many settlements. In this way if wanted an player can see major progress, as their
settlements can grow much bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5097

I'm not exactly certain what you are trying to say here, but 7 x 17 = 119.
Thnx, something went wrong in my calculations. I tried to said just giving us the same
ammount of missions but just in an longer quest serie, involving more variaty of cultural
buildings and growing the settlement bigger. With still the option for giving up or after
finishing 17 missions cutting off futher development in favor of another settlement.

DeletedUser8743

I finished my 1st Japanese settlement in 3 days even though I lost a day due to my internet being out. Can't say the same about viking settlements I had going on the live servers. Merchant is very good addition. Didn't have to do much building/destroying/rebuilding. Much less frustrating than the viking settlement.

sirblu

Baronet
Please leave any feedback on Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan in this thread.
You can find the details here.
I have just started my 3rd Japan settlement however the Settlement reward for completing the 3rd settlement is the same as the reward for completing the 2nd settlement - What should the reward for the 3rd settlement be?Fedual Japan 1 2019-07-03_17-53-57.jpg Feudal Japan Emissary 2019-07-03_17-45-46.jpg