• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

housemouse

Squire
I will not be able to play it for a long time. Probably only when we have landed on Mars. ;)
However, I would have found it more realistic first to build a lunar base and thus to develop a space age. From there colonies, encounters with alien civilizations and a new approach to guild activities.

DeletedUser9947

I will not be able to play it for a long time. Probably only when we have landed on Mars. ;)
However, I would have found it more realistic first to build a lunar base and thus to develop a space age. From there colonies, encounters with alien civilizations and a new approach to guild activities.

I agree with this. Inno is already thinking about moving on to Ceres when we don't even have a space age: moon. Space age is a really interesting concept (by the way, I have no idea what will follow after this XD) that should start on moon, move to Mars, ceres is a "ok" choice and maybe starting to explore jupiter and Saturn's moons after that.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Since we are getting a lot of feedback on the 2 new GB's The Virgo Project & Stargazer,
we would like to ask all of you to put your feedback on the new GB's in this new thread:

[Feedback] The Virgo Project / Stargazer

so it will be easier for us to compile all your comments in our reports.

I will try to move previous comments in this thread on the above GB's to the new thread as well, but that may take me a while...

Alex M

Farmer
Although I really would like to unlock one or two more expansion soon, it would make sense, as you gain a ton of space on mars for SAM Goods-Building that you do not need to place in your main city --> indirect gain of space
And always open expansions of victory?

DeletedUser

Why we cant test Mars by starting new into vf or Mars directly, just to test it, you could get more input this way.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Is it just me or does that "Sentinel" look like the probe on Oblivion that Tom Cruise had to fix each time it's busted?

DeletedUser6015

first tell us the true story that a few playeres are afraided of being attacked, many looting they did?
we do not need more defenses
we do not need more campers or farmers or lazy playeres protected by the huge defense
We need more pf's
Give us a PROPER COLONY not the Vikings or the Colony of Mars

DeletedUser6015

You mean something where other players/guilds can raid and raze it to the ground? ;)

Proper Colony, like our city, something where to put the things we have in our inventory
so many things we have and no where to profit from that

Luke Stark

Marquis
Did anyone manage to do some fights with the new units against let say.....hoovers? :]

do we get finally an age that can beat the hoovers without once again rebalancing this great future age heavy unit? :]

DeletedUser9388

I miss a reasonable development in the use for guildbank contents from ArcticFuture and later.
As well a follow up for GvG. Player interaction came to an unsatisfied Minimum with no connection to actual content..
Why you don't create a challenge to contest between players , guilds or other groups . Target may be space mining
which can't be a mission for a single group or guild.I miss in the first place : space age: moon as others mentiond before.

Without a moonbase you won't get a chance to supply and accommodate a mars colony or any further.

A contest for ressources would be a first extension for gvg. e.g. on Ceres or on Jupiter / Saturn Moons.
Later when colonizing real extrasolar planets may be a good chance to establish a real GvG followup.
The extension could be that one guild is not enough to do space flight with colonization.

In addition it would be nice to make new friends and foes, if always one guild from two different worlds have to work together.

Then you may have an A-B space , a C-D space, etc. Old coalitions from GvG will brake up, new possibilities come along.
Fewer players from each world will have the development to go to space.

This would bear the opportunity to create a combined approach for PC and mobile players with different but nessessary
possibilities for each type to become really successful.

Just some ideas what to with your dearly loving players...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5097

To be honest, heading for Mars instead of the moon makes slightly sense looking to RL,
yet a lunar base would be one of the most logic way. Yet following the philosphy of Space x
going for Mars first is also logic.Going for Ceres next makes also a lot of sense to me and
might be focust on setting up an base of operations for astroid mining. For more information
about developping Ceres:
I miss a reasonable development in the use for guildbank contents from ArcticFuture and later.
As well a follow up for GvG. Player interaction came to an unsatisfied Minimum with no connection to actual content..
Why you don't create a challenge to contest between players , guilds or other groups . Target may be space mining
which can't be a mission for a single group or guild.I miss in the first place : space age: moon as others mentiond before.

Without a moonbase you won't get a chance to supply and accommodate a mars colony or any further.

A contest for ressources would be a first extension for gvg. e.g. on Ceres or on Jupiter / Saturn Moons.
Later when colonizing real extrasolar planets may be a good chance to establish a real GvG followup.
The extension could be that one guild is not enough to do space flight with colonization.

In addition it would be nice to make new friends and foes, if always one guild from two different worlds have to work together.

Than you may have an A-B space , a C-D space, etc. Old coalitions from GvG will brake up, new possibilities come along.
Fewer players from each world will have the development to go to space.

This would bear the opportunity to create a combined approach for PC and mobile players with different but nessessary
possibilities for each type to become really successful.

Just some ideas what to with your dearly loving players...

Due the size of the Kuiper belt, I can see the potention for having both a cmap and an GvG
map with each unique featers and benefits. For the cmap just for the basic needs in TT and
just general progress like Mars. While the GvG might be more like an wild-west area, an
region with an power vacum or an free zone. Where diffrent groups (guilds) or single players
(PvP) are fighting over areas. Much like pirates over even larger mining grounds than the
cmap and rare/unique stuff.
I like your idea :) and see also a lot of potention into this

qaccy

Emperor
Did anyone manage to do some fights with the new units against let say.....hoovers? :]

do we get finally an age that can beat the hoovers without once again rebalancing this great future age heavy unit? :]

Even though it sounds like you just want to hear someone say 'Hovers are still great even against SAM units', I don't see any way for that to be possible. They're already starting to struggle against even VF units, and SAM units are stronger still while having both TWO units that can easily dispatch them directly along with the ability to kill them in one hit and stats high enough that Hovers are likely to take 5+ attacks just to bring down a single one. xivarmy already summed it up pretty well for you, so what are you looking for here?

Luke Stark

Marquis
Did I miss xivarmy opinion about hoovers and SAM? ooops :S

am in VF so not really hoping for miracles involving hoovers, just wanted to get some feedback and maybe some battle resluts from players that attacked or/and defended with hoovers, especially gvg :)

DeletedUser3867

How much is the cost about diamond extensions in new era?

DeletedUser9947

@Zarok Dai for what I've seen, I believe Space Age Mars and Space Age Ceres are a single age where you'll still have different buildings, units etc etc, but the main focus in the Space Age is a new outpost for each 'part' (planets/moons/etc). Do you know anything about this? And will Inno short the time between these 'ages' ?

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai for what I've seen, I believe Space Age Mars and Space Age Ceres are a single age where you'll still have different buildings, units etc etc, but the main focus in the Space Age is a new outpost for each 'part' (planets/moons/etc). Do you know anything about this? And will Inno short the time between these 'ages' ?

I don't have any confirmation on the next age and how it will all work. As soon as I hear anything I will let you all know.

DeletedUser10047

Could you clarify what you mean? From what I can tell, Mars and Ceres will have different tech trees, different military units, different goods, different buildings. In what way will they not be different ages? I feel that I'm missing something.

DeletedUser9947

Could you clarify what you mean? From what I can tell, Mars and Ceres will have different tech trees, different military units, different goods, different buildings. In what way will they not be different ages? I feel that I'm missing something.

IN MY UNDERSTANDING (which, of course, can turn out to be wrong).

For me, the fact that SA:M has only one part, the new mechanic introduced (outpost), even the names ( SPACE AGE Mars and SPACE AGE Ceres), can lead to something like a single age (Space Age) that will be divided in other "small-ages" (Mars and Ceres, for now), each one with their own tech tree, campaign map, buildings, etc etc just like we had so far. However, like I previously said, the main aspect in here will be a new outpost for each "small age" where players would collect that age goods. That's what I believe will happen.