• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Vikings Arriving in FoE?

DeletedUser8859

Welcome to new features, from time to time the Game needs something new, and maybe remove previous features, like
  • DCs replacing the Captain.
  • Incidents,
  • Reconstruction Mode, or
  • GE supplementing GvG, which requires fixes / improvements already submitted / discussed for long time,, and maybe is a feature to be replaced / removed in the future (?)
Welcome to events, we may have different opinions on:
  • how long they should be,
  • time between events,
  • event types (Seasonal, Historic, Special),
  • number of events per year
Those are Inno management issues that impacts the work load of the Development teams. Which % of the time should be dedicated to normal Maintenance (fixes) of the product (game) and which to new product development is Inno management problem / decision.

DeletedUser

Well this will be the make or break for me, it will determine wether I stay or leave my 17 worlds.

Might be the same here.
If this is a makeover from Elvenar and we have to use space in our own town for it, then i have the same reason for leaving FoE as i had for leaving Elvenar.
But i will have a go for it, in Elvenar it was a "must build" in order to get further in the techtree, at least here it could be skiped, but if the prices for doing this are good, then its the same story, destroy 1/5 of your city to participate, and then hmmm

But lets see what it is first, the game needs new stuff, hoping im wrong in my presumtions.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I wonder how long we will have to wait (poke at @Zarok Dai ) . I keep thinking this will be an additional city to manage either on our own or together with the guild.
In any case I changed my avatar and I'm ready ! ;)

DeletedUser8946

@Lizif
Can you summarise what happened in Elvenar as most are not familiar with that ?

DeletedUser

@Lizif
In Elvenar you have guest races after Chapter 4 or 5 in the techtree.
To advance in the techtree you need to build portals for the guest races (like dwarfs, fairies etc) and goods buildings for guest race goods.
So you need to destroy parts of your city to build that stuff to advance to the next guest race to destroy parts of your city to build that stuff to advance to... You get the story. ;)

DeletedUser

@Lizif

Ass gooflab said.

And if u want to speed it up to get ahead u need to clear more grund in you city to do so... if u just use a small part of what u have, then u will never be done (or it will take long)

Those things in elvenar had a main building (most likely the one named town hall here) the smal buildings should be connected to the main building with special roads (might just be normal roads here, since i havent seen roads anywhere.

I can live with quests where u have to move a building to build a building that u dont need, and then move that building and build what u had in the first place, but i dont agree with it, it seems lame, and this will just be much more of that, and the space will be used for a time so its not just a building not working one day as the quests ask for now.

My point is: Im playing a game, its a war game, but to fight u have to build and thats half the game (to me) if the game turns into telling me what to build and when, then my gameplay is decided by the game and not me, so in other words…. im not needed, coz im not staying around just to be told what to build, i want to build what i need, not what the none playing dev´s think i need.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I think some people are getting ahead of themselves. We have no idea what this Viking thing will be, and it doesn't do any good to get worked up over it right now. I doubt very highly that at this stage of this game that they're going to implement anything like what you fear they'll do. That's the bad thing about spoilers... people jump to conclusions and get themselves upset over what turns out to be nothing.

In Elvenar, I don't use that much space for my Guest Race buildings, and I use the same space with each race. Each chapter takes only as long as I want it to. As with any game, including this one, it's not for everyone. ;)

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I can't imagine having the Vikings as the Elvenar guest races. In Elvenar having these dwarves, elves, orcs, etc... is part of the game. You don't have a choice and you need to buy all of these race's building to go through the tech researches. There is much less choices to be made in the way you play than in FOE.
Also from chapter (or age) 4 or 5, there is an invited race for each age. So, as the Vikings seems to be an "all age" feature, I really can't imagine how it would be a "copy" of what happens in Elvenar.

Like @Lizif , I would not like to have too much guidance or "orders" in FOE.

DeletedUser5097

(might just be normal roads here, since i havent seen roads anywhere.
Just open the spoiler in this post and you will see a lot more than just a Viking road.:D
Hello and I have some news about Vikings.

R_SS_Vikings_Residential1.png

R_SS_Vikings_Residential2.png

R_SS_Vikings_Residential3.png

S_SS_Vikings_Street1.png

B_SS_Vikings_CulturalGoodsProduction1.png

B_SS_Vikings_CulturalGoodsProduction2.png

B_SS_Vikings_CulturalGoodsProduction3.png

B_SS_Vikings_CulturalGoodsProduction4.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment1.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment1b.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment1c.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment2.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment3.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment2b.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment3b.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment4.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment5.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment6.png

I_SS_Vikings_Impediment7.png

H_SS_Vikings_Townhall.png

Y_SS_Vikings_Ship1.png

axes_0.png
axes_1.png
axes_2.png
mead_0.png
mead_1.png
horn_0.png
horn_1.png
horn_2.png
wool_0.png
wool_1.png
wool_2.png

And I found a lot of more. But for may of them I do not find picture.

My point is: Im playing a game, its a war game, but to fight u have to build and thats half the game (to me) if the game turns into telling me what to build and when, then my gameplay is decided by the game and not me, so in other words…. im not needed, coz im not staying around just to be told what to build, i want to build what i need, not what the none playing dev´s think i need.
Ackording to Innogames it's a city building browsergame :p but it's okay many more players
assume due the fighting part that it's a solid wargame - what it's not, if so it would be more
like Grepolis/TW - anyways I fully agreed with your opinion that it's bad if your forced to build
stuff inside your city temporary while you don't want it. However from what I saw and did read
I can already safe said that this might nog be the case. Helping any of this ''cultures'' is a
free chooise even wich culture and after helping you can chooise another one.
From the looks of things, including a ship, my best guasses are we get a special sepperated
grid to build up the outpust untill it can take care for itself, building the outpost in your city doesn't
make any sense from designe, a outpost is something that you build far away in a remote location,
not in a major city. From what I did read it's a fact that the outpost is gone as soon it can takes
care for itself. So I believe there is a special Outpost grid outside the city where you build up a
outpost. When you completed it, it will grand you a special rewarding unique building and will
reset, ready for the next outpost of your chooise.

However it's important to not fall for mistakes many do with unrelleased stuff in games: we don't
know the entire picture, we don't know how it works, we don't know what it does, we don't know
anything of this with the exception it's name, theme, builds and what will be said whenever it's
relleased. Untill it's hitting the Beta we can't be sure rather it's somthing good or bad, but I think
the will not taking the same path as Elevenar, or at least a improved way where your not
required to do it, much like GvG and GE just a extra game mode option. Beware that all of
this is speculation and not fact. The only facts are the spoilers how where discoverd so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

Based on all the snow on the spoiler images so far, do you think this would be for Winter 2018? or better Winter 2019?

DeletedUser8277

I'm still a bit perplexed how the "feature": "gvg_free_for_all" fits into this.
It could be possible it's just not related to this at all. The CM of the US forum mentioned improvements being made on GvG at the beginning of July. https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gvg-issues.23451/ so possibly there is still some other, non viking kind of GvG free for all to come.

It's looking like there's nothing like whatever this is to compare this to so I guess it's just wait and see. Currently I don't understand the bother of an outpost to make a civilization that gets deleted. If however it happens to be a way to do something that does not involve placing things in your own city then it could potentially be great for those of us out of room. But I wonder what 'rewards' they speak of. A building? it would need to be one phenomenal building to be worth all that work, let alone, again, the space to put it in your real city. Looking at the spoiler images posted I don't see one of them that looks more monumental than the others. If it were a great building I'm sure those who know how to look would have already. Being as though it says you can do it multiple times I wonder if there are different paths you can take to get different rewards and hence do the quests again to get the other ones.

DeletedUser

But I wonder what 'rewards' they speak of. A building? it would need to be one phenomenal building to be worth all that work, let alone, again, the space to put it in your real city.

Rewards could be many good things that wount take up any space and things that would make sense to get more than once:

Upgrades for old buildings
Boost crates
FP
Mass supply/coin rush
Reno/upgrade kit
Shrinking kit´s
Storage kit
Self aid
Units

And new stuff like this could be added.
Guild point pack
24 hour HoF rush
Tavern silver
Time wizzard kit (1 hour or ½ hour gain to all building in your city)
5% ekstra sektor deff. for one sektor. (only working from when u use it and until next daily count)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8946

I may have a theory.

As with AF and OF, we have to slow down to farm Promethium and Orichalcium..
Since this is Virtual Future, it might serve as an virtual city where the player has access to and through which we farm something else like Pro and Ori

I would be surprised if Inno skipped implementing something like Pro and Ori. Maybe that's how they want to do it.

DeletedUser5097

Currently I don't understand the bother of an outpost to make a civilization that gets deleted.
Honestly I can understand your point of few, personally I don't like to work on a project that gets
deleted in the end.:p But it's okay if we get unique stuff back.
Boost crates
Meh, with 1 click on an incident I can get one, don't need all the trouble of building a outpost and
get this, would be grap since we can get it with one click anyways
Meh, have SoK's, special buildings and GB's for it already, even GE and the GE GB provide
me with a lot of fp's, if I badly want more fp's I jump into DC's or getting a huge Arc and ussing
it to grind large ammounts of fp's, unless your talking about 500 fp's as a bonus within the packet
of the grand reward.
Reno/upgrade kit
Meh, events and GE provide us already with it for much less trouble
Shrinking kit´s
Kinda decant as a side reward, not a main reward for building an entire outpost
Storage kit
Meh, really do you need one? This isn't even decant at all, still we can get it from
events and GE anyways with also much much less trouble than making an outpost
Really couldn't it be 5 mass self aid kits as a side reward, didn't know that the
crisis wasn't over or even did return.:p Can also get it from enough events and GE,
don't need a outpost for it
Meh, we have Alcatrazz and once again GE.;) Unless we are talking about exclusive
unique units that are outpost mil. buildings only and we get a camp to recruit them and
they are very usefull and stats. increassing with higher age. With once again the
exception if it's a huge militairy building or a crappy unit or a unit that is only ussefull
for lower ages meh no thanks, not worth the trouble
Guild point pack
Can be something for GE, but already have Guild Point boosters for top 3 GE guilds
of the week, so maybe something for guild related stuff? I wouldn't build an entire
outpost for just getting this as ''grand'' reward. Also top GvG guilds obtaining
Guild points boosters, so if my guild want so badly points, we as group should
work hard to get it, not me allone while everyone get's all the advantages
too.
24 hour HoF rush
Idea for events, wouldn't want to build a entire outpost for just this
Tavern silver
Found in loot while building outpost, yeah why not, have enough silver
anyways but as loot it's fine, but not as final reward.
Time wizzard kit
Decant intressting if it's a new event kit, or rare loot, once again as final
reward meh
5% ekstra sektor deff.
As a reward for guilds reaching a guild lvl of Inno's chooise, why not
for building a entire outpost, meh. Maybe if they introduce guild outposts
besides the player outposts it can be something for GvG guilds to set
up.

Personally I think we will end up with a (hopefull) small unique Viking
themed build that will provide us with a unique bonus. Otherwise I just
really hope that whatever we will get is some type of bonus from wich
we will benefit forever; we go through enough trouble with building a