• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7107

not interested for normal game stuff. Its another source of income for Inno, so share the wealth

DeletedUser

I deactivated my adblocker, but never got a video. I reactivated my adblocker now.

Change the place between this and the tavern please! The background is the right place for this.

DeletedUser8277

There are many games that have the same mechanic in them, and they don't enhance the game play of those games either.
Understood but there is a reason people are playing FoE and not those other games.

There's also a reason why I buy diamonds every few months, to support the game I enjoy, and reasons why I don't give money to youtube, they get paid by having me watch ads.

I don't recall reading any complaints about surveys for diamonds because it was done in a much more respectable way. A premium currency was awarded to the player for earning Inno real money. The feature was added into the diamond purchase window as it was a transaction and not part of the game. Here it's included in your city in some silly mock up as though it's a 'feature' when it's really a money grab, just because the money is coming from advertisers doesn't make it any less of one. I'd much rather see this game become a straight up pay subscription than it getting bogged down by cheap ads and loyalty to it's advertisers over customers to be dead in a year.

I still would like to know what information is inno providing to these ad companies? Is it just the number of people who watched an ad or is it actual information about us? My credit card info is stored on the live version on the game but I already removed it today when I saw the ad here before it went live because I have no info on how secure either this 3rd party is going to be or what personal information of mine is being shared with these companies.

Also, is any type of tracking now being done? When someone installs this on their mobile device is it now prompting for access to additional information or watching what you do in the background to steer the right ads your way?

I get that they are not going to remove it or tuck it away on the side bar or options menu where it belongs because they have already wasted their time designing it into the city. That is really the worst part about this, having it in the middle of the game and design it to be a theatre which plays dog food ads to your villagers, how can they not see it cheapens their entire game? It's sad that the grand vision this game once had seems to be falling by the wayside faster and faster and being sold out more and more with this seeming to be the tipping point.

The suggestions made here are really the only things to make it better:

1) Allow a hide button in settings
2) Give diamonds, nothing major 1-5 but you're looking to make even MORE money off us and giving us 200 coins?
Coins, Fp, goods have zero value to inno. The only thing that directly relates to real money spending in game is diamonds. They are getting real money from us watching the ads players should get the real money equivalent for watching them.

At the end of the day if inno is going to end up being more concerned with pleasing their advertisers than they are with their players/customers this game is done for. As is nothing I see on here is anything but negative customer opinions about this yet it is staying... for the advertisers.. not a good start.

DeletedUser8876

Useless, senseless, nonsense, sorry guys, this feature was NO GOOD IDEA.
Now many bugs and lags in my city again.
Would be nice to improve generally the performance of some other gane features.

DeletedUser6863

To test I have used the Show Hall 4 times now and I keep getting the same ad. Is this intentional or should it be different each time? I was bored of the same ad the second time I saw it. Also I have the same rewards all the time. Will these change? I am not in favour of it but have decided to test it as this is what we are on Beta for after all.

DeletedUser

@ Zai
There are many games that have the same mechanic in them....
Right, but isn´t this game much better than the other games? Why made this game down like the others?

DeletedUser1418

You know, in all honestly... drop the add's and make diamonds cheaper... maybe only then the game (and your jobs) will last for at least another 2 years. This game literally is over, and our views / ideas are not really appreciated. I can tell... been here since the beginning ;)

DeletedUser8262

Personally speaking even if it gave 5 diamonds per ad i wouldn't use it, having been a victim of id theft the possibility of being hacked again makes this a complete no-no
Perhaps if everyone ignores it, it will disappear ..... zero clicks = zero revenue

DeletedUser6705

It will not. :)

yeah right... care to go back to the "promises" by Inno staff that the tavern would always stay voluntary. Now there's no questline that can be completed unless you bother with that blasted piece of nonsense... how and why would this be any different?

On the plus side, you don't need to react to the ads in any way, so push the button and get yourself a cup of coffee, or get rid of the last one... no one else pays me half a handful of coins to do THAT :p

DeletedUser7658

I've tried several times and got "no ad at this time - try again later".

Logain Sedai

Baronet
This is like a wart in my city :eek:.
Still, I tried it (disabled my ad-blocker), "watched" a boring video on a hotel reservation company, got a few supplies for it, read again the messages here, re-abled by ad-blocker, and now trying to ignore the piece of ugliness in my city...
I'd rather buy diamonds (which I sometimes do) this way I pay for what I want, not a useless "reward".
If Inno wants to make more money, they need to fix the GvG issues, and more players will be drawn to it and more likely to spend diamonds (for example to quickly heals units).

DeletedUser4403

It will not. :)
I’m a bit confused...

The release notes states that quests requiring infiltrate x sectors will now offer an option “infiltrate x sectors OR watch ad.”

This is only for event and/or normal quests? Daily Challenges not included?

DeletedUser7993

Please SSSTTTOOOPPP
no advertising and memory rob
impossible to be connected more than 5 minutes : 7Mo memories used by flash player !

DeletedUser

This is only for event and/or normal quests? Daily Challenges not included?

I think what was meant was you will not get a challenge to watch x ads. If you get an infiltrate challenge, and choose to watch an add to pay for the infiltration, then that is your choice, but not required by the challenge itself.

DeletedUser

This game literally is over

You have made reference to this concept before. I don't know where you are getting your information to form this opinion but it couldn't be farther from the truth. If anything the game is growing. In fact we just opened new worlds on several of the live servers to accommodate the number of players.

DeletedUser

I register, that the game became slowlier and slowlier, problems by spending Fp to Large Buildings. Stop more of these things that makes the game unplayable.