• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7951

No offer in my theatre. I assume the adds are linked to our geo location so there will be pretty much none for me. I've played other games that has similar feature and it's really the same. After the novelty of it has faded, this won't be used. The prizes others have mentioned (the real, not the imaginaries) simply sounds like a waste of time. If they should be come interesting, it's certainly not an incentive to play other than my own national servers. But then inno might never been interested for players to cross borders either. Ad-blocker will be back up and running for inno pages.

DeletedUser4403

Inno used to give diamonds (4 - 5 years ago) for viewing ads and accepting an offer from them.

This *was* one of my favorite features then. In the diamond purchase menu, where you have “enter a code” option, it used to be “earn diamonds by another method.”
An entire menu would pop up with hundreds upon hundreds of offers. These included, but not limited to:
-Watch random video for 5 diamonds
-remortgage your house with this online lender for *2* diamonds

The list kept scrolling and scrolling. There were some scams in there, yes, but some good deals as well.

My personal favorite that I routinely used during Valentine’s Day or mother’s Day and the like was:
-spend $xx at (insert online florist) and receive 125 diamonds

Why not bring *this* back?? Did it become too costly vs revenue brought in? Did it become too rife with scams and some lawsuit ensued?!? Idk, but at least you had some choice, it was used often, and had at least *some* level of popularity..

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
???
well I'm ...excited !!!!
since the game has a lot of action
we build GB and we collect FOE points
We sit in taverns
now we will watch and advertise
Ante ....soon and movies

Sorry for the English
is from automatic translation
The Text in Greek
??
Καλα ειμαι ενθουσιασμενη
αφου το παιχνιδι εχει πλεον τοσο δραση
κτιζουμε ΜΚ , μαζευουμε ΦΟΕ ποντους
καθομαστε σε ταβερνες
τωρα θα παρακολουθουμε και διαφημισεις
αντε συντομα και ταινιες

I don't speak teuton, only words i know is "big crap", maybe i will use it in a few....

180305094744515250.jpg
For me it is no merci :
180305095504982348.jpg

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-05 - replaced inappropriate language.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8277

Of course I doubt our opinions matter as they have already gone through with the ad deals so it's not like they will be undoing them now.

Poor choice that cheapens the game. This 'feature' should be tucked away somewhere like the earn diamonds one used to be. Watching ads is now made into part of the game with it's own place in your city? I view it as a potential stepping stone to needing to watch an ad every time I load the site, as though the money I pay to play the game isn't enough.

Are the ads random or if I browse amazon in one tab while the game plays in another will the game be monitoring me to target ads? I'm not trying to sound obtuse but if this game is turning into a front for ads and marketing where is the information on which ads to show which person coming from since we all clearly don't have the same ones? Is inno now selling our information to advertisers?

Also, currently I'm playing the HTML5 version of the game on beta and it is dreadfully slow, lag is a very common complaint in GvG and other areas of the game. Isn't loading and running outside adds just compounding that problem further?

Why in the city though when it has nothing to do with the game? I don't recall an Early Middle Ages movie theatre set up where the village folk would watch Dodge commercials from any of my history classes.

DeletedUser

It's a voluntary feature. No one is forced to participate in ads, but for those that want to they can.

DeletedUser5070

I call general strike. Nobody enters the game or to pick up even the fp. Until they do not remove this function or give really good prizes! Enough of absurd updates! Enough of selling us silly things. We want you to listen to us! We want our suggestions to be accepted and to stop creating meaningless things. We want our suggestions to be applied! We want the server in GvG to be fluid! Nobody comes in to play, nor pick up a single fp. I call the general strike from today until the update is removed or the rewards for acceptable rewards are considerably increased. 1fp? Really? Mondeas and supplies? Who wants that? Nobody! We want set level up of G.E. we want sanctuaries, and complete sets! Join the march!

DeletedUser8856

It's a voluntary feature. No one is forced to participate in ads, but for those that want to they can.

If it's a voluntary feature, how can i disable it? I tried for like 10 times to access it and it was useless, there were no ads:) At least add an option so it can be unavailable for those who doesnt want it.

DeletedUser

Treasure hunt never had an option to disable, yet there were still players that did not participate in it.

I appreciate everyone's feelings here, but we are a test server and this feature hasn't even been released for 24 hours yet.
So if there are issues with it not working correctly, or ways it could work better, then those are things we can work on. However I think it's a bit premature for anyone to decide to stop playing over a feature that's only been in testing a few hours, though of course that is your choice to make.

DeletedUser8872

We've opened up a whole can of worms here and the playing community has spoken. We as a whole don't want this but they refuse to listen because it all boils down to money and deals they have made with the 3rd parties who's adds they are hosting. Bottom line is that it is not going to go away no matter what we say or how we feel about it. What we can do as individual players is simply not use the feature and if it becomes more than what it is now we can stop playing the game period and show them that we are the ones who have the say so in the game we play because we are their customers. In any business if you don't listen to your customers sooner or later you go belly up and that is the road that this game is now on. In reality they need to cut spending and reduce the cost that it takes to run the business but no they are ever increasing it. My personal issue with all this is the potential for computer hackers to hack the adds with malware or whatever and as soon as you open an add bam your computer gets hit and then you spend a day or two fixing your PC rather than playing the game. Every game that I have played which had this feature had the problem of hackers. The last one that hit me came from a city builder game and whatever it was started deleting everything off of my PC. A hacker was stealing anything of value from my PC that they could get which in my case was nothing because I don't keep personal info on my PC. My PC is for games only. No matter what security measures InnoGames places on this feature there is no way to stop every hacker from doing what they do and if I get hit again I will do the same as I did with the other game which is walk away.