• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser4381

I can see an imbalance issue with winning too many pieces too fast. I think it would be best if the snowhall gives something you can't obtain easily in another way. SO replicating prizes from DC seems unwise.

Btw - its called snow hall and err...whats snowy about it?

True, but that's where the ad limit I mentioned comes in. (A lot of freemium games only let you watch so many ads a day, which limits how much you can reap.)

But if Inno want the ad-revenue then it's a small price to pay. There's only so much space in a town, and if people want to unlock diamond expansions for more space that's also good for Inno. Additionally, sets are only really useful in complete sets and (given there are multiple buildings in multiple sets) getting a single full set of the one(s) you want will take a fair few ads. (I've yet to earn a complete set of any of the ones offered in the DC, and even with the better odds from losing the booby prize it'll still be around 100 ads to get near a complete set of the above buildings. Just look at how long it takes to get a full set of BPs when getting one random one at a time.)

DeletedUser8150

True, but that's where the ad limit I mentioned comes in. (A lot of freemium games only let you watch so many ads a day, which limits how much you can reap.)

But if Inno want the ad-revenue then it's a small price to pay. There's only so much space in a town, and if people want to unlock diamond expansions for more space that's also good for Inno. Additionally, sets are only really useful in complete sets and (given there are multiple buildings in multiple sets) getting a single full set of the one(s) you want will take a fair few ads. (I've yet to earn a complete set of any of the ones offered in the DC, and even with the better odds from losing the booby prize it'll still be around 100 ads to get near a complete set of the above buildings. Just look at how long it takes to get a full set of BPs when getting one random one at a time.)
I've managed a complete 2nd set of one and could have had more I expect but for avoiding choosing them since. Level upgrade kits for the special buildings would be nice as I 'd probably watch to put more lvl 7s up. Or small amounts of diamonds.

Can't see I'll bother if its Just DC type stuff.

DeletedUser8053

I will not be watching ads for week-tea rewards like coins (or infiltration!), supplies, a single FP or 5 goods... needs a serious rethink, or it will remain an unused feaeture cluttering up my city.

... If you insist on using it as-is, please give me a check-box where I can opt out - I don't really want that thing staring me in the face!

DeletedUser4381

I've managed a complete 2nd set of one and could have had more I expect but for avoiding choosing them since. Level upgrade kits for the special buildings would be nice as I 'd probably watch to put more lvl 7s up. Or small amounts of diamonds.

Can't see I'll bother if its Just DC type stuff.

You must have god's own luck

DeletedUser4381

I will not be watching ads for week-tea rewards like coins (or infiltration!), supplies, a single FP or 5 goods... needs a serious rethink, or it will remain an unused feaeture cluttering up my city.

... If you insist on using it as-is, please give me a check-box where I can opt out - I don't really want that thing staring me in the face!

Aye

qaccy

Emperor
Looks like something I personally won't be making use of, but it's free stuff for those willing to use it just like incidents and the Treasure Hunt. Especially if it's possible to start an ad, and then switch your browser tab to some other task so you don't actually have to 'watch' the ad in question.

I don't agree with suggestions that the prizes should be better. This is about the most base form of reward delivery, and people want highly sought-after or very valuable prizes from it? Get real. Perhaps diamonds could be offered, but if they were the value would have to be in-line with incidents so some number up to 10, maybe.

Random musings here, but when I started reading the announcement and first saw the image, I first thought that this was going to be some sort of social media integration where players would be able to link videos or some such to their FoE accounts in order to receive in-game rewards. The reality is a bit more mundane, although I wouldn't really use that feature at all either.

Last edited:

housemouse

Squire
sorry but for advertising, prices are crap. Maybe interesting for the BA player. Give a few diamonds and throw out the other nonsense.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-05 - replaced an inappropriate word.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7993

i don't like at all
it's a reason to leave this game

DeletedUser8014

I've tried several times and got "no ad at this time - try again later".
I have not managed to get an ad yet - so no rewards.
I got zero rewards for the use of my time.
Not good, so far.

DeletedUser5097

the commercial free FoE is over
after 5 years :rolleyes:

other games give premium currency for watching

how about a watch ad as alternative to negotiate
Yeah I can remember a game with ships that had the same thing and near the exact
same name.

Very dissepointing new thing.:( Was just hoping that it had to do with the winning concept
of the GB's contest. Sadly not even a new hub for the next age. Couldn't it be just placed
in some small tab or so? Maybe even in the friendstavern?
Anyways too bad there are no available adds. Lol, I think there is no one how likes to
sell me something.:Dxd

DeletedUser8823

If the prize is too good, the game may be unbalanced.

If the price is very bad, like the current one (seriously? 1 FP?), Nobody uses the function, and it becomes a useless function.

My approach?

Offer decent prizes, but DIRECT prizes. Nothing of percentages. Oh my God!!! Because they like percentages so much?

Let me invest 30 seconds to get 5 FP (for example), not to get a 5% chance of getting 5FP.

In contrast, do not allow the abusive use of ads.

1 ad per hour. Every hour a different prize. BUT A DIRECT PRIZE !!

And each one will choose if they want to see an advertisement to get 5 FP, or 10 goods, or 5 diamonds ... something like that. Not too good, but something worthwhile. I do not think anyone wants to see an ad to win a stupid amount of coins.

Prize examples:

- Boosts
- 5 FP
- 10 Goods
- 5 or 10 diamonds
- Some medals
- Some units (including some agents or champions).
- On some occasion, very occasionally, a unit of a higher age could appear.
- In some occasion, very occasionally, ona piece of buildings set(in this case yes, we could see all the pieces with a percentage for each one)

Excuse my english. I use a translator.

DeletedUser8872

If I get a virus on my PC from watching a 3rd party video designed to draw in more revenue for Inno that will be the end of my playing this game. Folks this kind of stuff can't be trusted for safety. Every game I have played that had this type of feature in it eventually led to me getting a virus on my computer. So to stop that from happening I am not even going to bother with this.

qaccy

Emperor
If I get a virus on my PC from watching a 3rd party video designed to draw in more revenue for Inno that will be the end of my playing this game. Folks this kind of stuff can't be trusted for safety. Every game I have played that had this type of feature in it eventually led to me getting a virus on my computer. So to stop that from happening I am not even going to bother with this.

While the term 'virus' may be somewhat facetious, this is a good point. Ads are often built with malware under the hood that can cause problems for users if they click on or sometimes even just view them. @Zarok Dai do you know what sort of vetting process is used or going to be used for these ads to verify that they're not going to be a security risk for users?

I've used websites/services in the past that have had 'troublesome' ads, and while the ones in charge of these services have generally remained vigilant against them it's practically an inevitability that something bad is going to 'fall through the cracks' as it were. Is this something we may have to deal with at some point?

DeletedUser8168

Well , INNO you have now started digging at the bottom of the barrel..... but ya really missed out on the real money ....sponsorship titles on all the buildings ... ......I can see it now ...come see the Goodyear Colloseum ....then maybe the Sky TV black tower ....just think of all the revenue that would be coming in ...... or heres a good one the MR Goodwrench Blacksmith shops dang that one could rake in Millions and ya only have to subject the players with a one time change in the graphixs

indian20

Steward
I got an error note that I have to disable Adblocker. The problem is I am not able to disable it because in Chrome I don´t use it only with FF and I don´t play FOE in FF. Is this the way, it should behave?

SergeB1

Squire
What is this?
Besides to fix multiple bugs on GvG introducing new "very creative and useful feature"...

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-05 - deleted an inappropriate acronym, even though it was a very creative one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

indian20

Steward
Okay - found it. Avira has also an adblocker included and this is what the error note is reffering to.