• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

LadyHecate

Marquis
1. Completing a Gold-Chest should reward an expansion in the first week beside the regular price too or as an exchange for the price. The next expansion should be rewarded after 2 more Gold-Chests, then three, four...up to ten.
Expansions are never going to be given out as prizes!

Zarok, any chance all active players get the freebie Diamonds with this release?

DeletedUser7934

The Chateau will not boost rewards from daily challenges.

Thanks for the reply, although it is not the one I hoped for : )
I have not seen the challenges and rewards myself yet, maybe coins/supplies/goods/medals are quite rare anyway. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.

DeletedUser7855

Feedback: senceless and boring as other quests and PvE features

@Zarok Dai do you have some information about GvG feature? The only thing that makes online games attractive is player-vs-player feature. My guild is top-1 rated for a long time, but we loose players every week because they are bored fighting in GE against bots or doing stupid rotating quests. Other guilds has the same situation too. GvG introduced some strategy to this game, but it is completely unbalanced, buggy and senceless at the moment. Please, confirm that the devs are working on it and we should stay some time longer waiting for PvP / GvG instead of that "incidents", "daily quests" or other poor PvE things. Otherwise our team will leave in favor of some other really strategy game.
Thanks

DeletedUser

do you have some information about GvG feature?

Currently there is no major work being done directly related to GvG. This does not mean that there may not be plans for the future, but I can't confirm that at this time.

DeletedUser8404

For the 8am timing issue, while I suspect much of it will be alleviated when moving to local servers, what about extending the time to...let's say 30-36 hours and then just overlapping the events? Is that possible? Yes, players who happen to have two sleep cycles during that time instead of one will still be at a disadvantage, but the impact would be lessened, at least.

DeletedUser8381

:eek:Wow, today's chests had one filled with cherry blossom set pieces!!! :eek:

It's going to be quite a difficult one, as you must finish level 1 GE AND win 4 fights. This is hard for an IA world that I don't have any GB But I can do it just fine on most of my worlds.

I assume that if we have already finished level 1 GE that this would autocomplete? Because I destroy the first 2 levels of GE very quickly on day 1.

DeletedUser8404

Feedback: senceless and boring as other quests and PvE features

The only thing that makes online games attractive is player-vs-player feature.

Maybe that's what makes things attractive to you, but that's not what makes them attractive to everyone...in fact, PvP makes a game highly unattractive to me. Honestly, I was a little dismayed at how much FoE seemed to focus on combat (be it GvG, PvP or whatever) because I found that to be mind-numbingly dull and repetitive, not to mention that I've never liked the whole "I can beat you up" element to that sort of thing. It's always smacked of grade school to me. Then, I found people who pointed me towards variations of quest looping, which is also repetitive, but far from mind-numbingly dull, since you're always having to adapt to new conditions as your city changes. That's what's worked for me, and what attracts me to the game.

Each of us has our own way of playing.

DeletedUser8404

@Zarok Dai Vesta's quests (which aren't the ones I have right now...!?) bring up another issue: I'd like to suggest that you vary what will and won't be required during any 7-day run, or make sure to offer different options at each subquest for different approaches to the game.

I've gone for a military-free trading and GB-levelling approach, for example. If, in any given 7-day period, there are quests like Vesta mentioned that require large amounts of fighting, I'll never get a 7-day reward. For one of my first-day quests, I actually had to build a spearfighter barracks in my Bronze Age city and go hunting for the one sector in my game that that kind of army could manage to defeat. I had absolutely no miliatry buildings in the city up to that point, and I deleted the barracks after the quest was over.

Similarly, if you require certain "boring" types of PvE quests, people like dobruykot will likely never get a 7-day reward.

Yes, there are people who take a more balanced approach who can probably do all of these things, but it's unfair to deny 7-day rewards to people who deliberately choose to ignore or minimize certain aspects of the game.

DeletedUser8381

? The only thing that makes online games attractive is player-vs-player feature.

Actually, I completely disagree. Pvp is where you get a lot of griefers, trolls, and drama. I get enough of that in real life. I don't need that in my relaxation. What I like about this game is the me vs me part, the building strategy, etc. I like that I don't have to be on with others to have a good time.

This the old introvert or extrovert question; both types will have different game needs.

It's like endgame content for people who want to do more than just harvest and dpend FP every day.
Especially these daily challenges - you don't need to care about them if you don't want to.

If not doing a certain action is going to make you fall behind your rivals, you don't really have a choice about 'needing to care'. You have to do what it takes to compete.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Yes, there are people who take a more balanced approach who can probably do all of these things, but it's unfair to deny 7-day rewards to people who deliberately choose to ignore or minimize certain aspects of the game.
I agree with you in the main although I am one of those players who likes to take a balanced approach to the game. I still think that the series of Challenges over a 7 day period should be varied and include a balance of requirements including military action; not impossible for the farmers of the game but at least take them out of their comfort zone!
That said, all credit to you for completing the military piece of your Challenge. You never know, if you have to regularly repeat such action to complete Challenges then perhaps, one day, that Spearfighter Barracks might just stay permanently built in your city! :)

DeletedUser

but it's unfair to deny 7-day rewards to people who deliberately choose to ignore or minimize certain aspects of the game.
isn't it great that they have one more feature they can ignore :D

btw
do you think someone deserve a reward when he only do half of his competition ?
I do only 5 things of my decathlon but I must get my reward :rolleyes:

DeletedUser8262

Day 1 is a bust for me, i never negotiate GE, wasting goods for coin/attack/supply boosts that i can but in the tavern just doesn't add up. Overall it looks a promising feature, time will tell, but it will definitely mean tailoring collections/aiding/tavern visits/fighting to just after 8am GMT

DeletedUser

does the things to do depend on the chest you choose ?

and is the 100% easier ?
back to my question (the first reply and still ignored)

does it matter for the things to do what chest I chose ?
(btw both are terrible today)

and does the challengers chest stay the same if I decide not to do the challenge today ?