• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GE in oceanic future - how? Battles are MUCH harder than in AF

Andi47

Overlord
I have the impression that in Oceanic Future the guild expedition (towards the end of level 2, and onwards) is damn hard - in some cases (even the last one of level 2) I need to negotiate, because it is almost impossible (without CDM, Aachen and Zeus all at level 60+) to win the battles.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fight and which units to use in the end of GE-level 2 and in level 3?

podkap1970

Emperor
i already lost the interests in doing this week OF GE

if the other side have the new artillery, you dont need to bring any rogues (more or less)
i'm even close to setup 1-2 Hovertank Factories

i'm just not in the mood (lazy) to find the right setup for every fight again
and i have (181/152% attack/def) i don't want to know, how the normal/casual player will beat lvl 3 or even lvl 4 in this week OF GE with just 125/95% as example

have fun :)

Andi47

Overlord
Any1 come up with a practical solution (baring insane GBs) for the 8 heavy 8 eels fights?

Battle bonus 153%/90% - barely succeeded in 3rd try with 1 dragon + 7 rogues. Utilize dragon-fire ability as often as you can!

P.S.: Greetings from Pyrrhus of Epirus!

edit: sorry, I thought you mean battle #54. This IS possible with eel + 7 rogues (after several attempts).

Battle 57 (1st wave 8 crabs, 2nd wave 8 eels) seems to be absolutely impossible. Except if you bring your battle GBs to level 200 or so....

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
Edited my posting above - battle #57 seems to be absolutely impossible.

The only possible solutions:
1.) use lots of diamonds (better negotiate - this is cheaper!!)
2.) bring Zeus, Aachen and CdM to level 200. Don't try any earlier.
3.) hope that Inno will one day solve this balance issue (well, NO CHANCE??)

DeletedUser8150

Oh well at least its not just me being dim and missing something then...tried every combo i could... :-/

DeletedUser4256

I can solve every encounters every week and i only fight on GE, never negotiate. My attack boost is 225/195%, so quite high, all GBs at lvl 79, and the very important Orangery is on lvl 80! Orangery is more important than the attacking GBs, i tell you why! You have to use 2 CRABs and 6 rogues against 8 CRABs and 8 eels. Your boost doesn't matter (of course 0% won't be enough :D ) because of the BRABs' reactive skill, with 90% you have to hit them 3 times and with 200% too. But!!! With a high lvl Orangery you will hit critical many times, so the CRABs will die in two hits! This is the key to succeed! Poorly, even with a lvl 80 Orangery there's almost no chance to solve the encounter in one attempt, but at leats with the 3rd you will win.
I am far away from OF here in beta, so i can't test the new artillery now, maybe that could be useful too in this battle in a mixed way...

I think it'd be something like using plasmas, no problem with the crabs but in the 2nd wave the eels are faster and will crush all your artillery first. Mixing some turtles with other unit and rogues is a complete lottery so if some of your rogues turn into more turtles on the 2nd wave, you only will hear the eels sadistically laughing while killing you. In this fight if I would want to go with turtles I shouldnt use rogues.
Better keep trying it with crabs or something else

So for the second week in a row, the final reward is store building or fountain of youth

This just beggars belief... without either the terrace farm or the skywatch, what is the point of finishing GE?

DeletedUser7779

Edited my posting above - battle #57 seems to be absolutely impossible.

The only possible solutions:
1.) use lots of diamonds (better negotiate - this is cheaper!!)
2.) bring Zeus, Aachen and CdM to level 200. Don't try any earlier.
3.) hope that Inno will one day solve this balance issue (well, NO CHANCE??)

That's the only one I got stuck at too. Tried maybe like 20 times, nothing worked, so i had to negotiate it eventually. I admit though, I didnt try 2 crabs 6 rogues like @Whiskey-s suggested. Looking forward to this week, hopefully we unlock lvl 4.

A turtle/crab combo might work too if we force the turtle to die in first wave, so we only have 1 crab and rogues on second. The turtle will multiple hit (hopefully) some of them enemy crabs in first wave so a high level Orangery might not be a must. That's only in theory though heh. I also can't test it as i am only in CA on beta. But definitely looking forward for the live release.

Andi47

Overlord
Does anyone have an idea how to beat battle #43 in OF2?

1st wave: 2 turtles, 2 sub, 2 eels, 2 dragons
2nd wave: 1 turtle, 2 sub, 2 eels, 1 dragon

my battle bonuses are 164%/92% when my tavern bonus is activated; Orangery is at level 6.

DeletedUser5097

Does anyone have an idea how to beat battle #43 in OF2?

1st wave: 2 turtles, 2 sub, 2 eels, 2 dragons
2nd wave: 1 turtle, 2 sub, 2 eels, 1 dragon

my battle bonuses are 164%/92% when my tavern bonus is activated; Orangery is at level 6.
Not sure or it will work out, but tried with 8 eels? Use a lot of stealth on your
eels and try to take out the dragons and subs at first. Dragons because they
can strike more eels at once and subs because they strike back. It can be
very tricky.

Andi47

Overlord
Not sure or it will work out, but tried with 8 eels? Use a lot of stealth on your
eels and try to take out the dragons and subs at first. Dragons because they
can strike more eels at once and subs because they strike back. It can be
very tricky.

This worked out perfectly, thanks!
one more thing - after killing the dragons and subs, try to take out the eels as long as the enemy does not move them into the bushes.

Andi47

Overlord
And now I think this one is unsolvable (at least with Zeus, Aachen, CdM and Orangery below level 80):

1st wave: 7 eels
2nd wave: 3 turtles, 3 crabs, 2 subs

neither 8 eels, nor 3 crabs + 5 rogues would work (both ends in a catastrophic defeat - it is not even close to see a chance)

Or does anyone have an idea?

edit: found a solution: 2 dragons + 6 rogues

Andi47

Overlord
The next impossible thing - #48 (last one in 3rd level):

1st Wave: 2 Turtles, 1 Sub, 2 eels, 1 Crabb, 1 Oceanic Champion, 1 Dragon
2nd Wave: 4 Turtles, 4 Crabb

Any Ideas? (and no, I can't bring my GBs to 80 this week)

(I tried 2 turtles, 2 sub, but with no chance in the 2nd wave)

DeletedUser8150

Not finished 48 yet - probably like every1 else i'm slower due to losing units/not being able to use rogues etc.....if thats innos plan its working...

DeletedUser3741

8 Hover Tanks
1st Wave: Wait and hit first the Sub after his first move. Stay out of the Crabs range and hit them after their first move. Eels and Champion are the next ones. Turtles at the end
2nd Wave: Wait for the Crabs to move and attack them . Turtles at the end

It worked with me with 3-4 units lost (mostly because the second wave). 115%ATT/91%DEF (No Tavern bonus)

RedRed

Viceroy

8 dragon drones (1 loss at first wave, 1 at second wave; 178/99); btw I've used the same team even for #47 (3 losses) and #46 (4 losses)

Last edited: