• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Oceanic Future - Part 1

DeletedUser5097

how many "futures" are devs planning on?

I calculated some time ago how much Theme Futures are possible
to make. I didn't look to the map at all, because the dev. team can
introduce new places where we go. It's still even possible to remove
the GvG map from the world map and put the GvG map in a place
where we can't see it in the world map, but we could be still
aible to visit it like the GE map. Than they can make a map on
Australlia.
Back to the topic, this was my calculations:

Col/Arctic: 4/5 good deposts (1th theme age)
Indu/Oceanic theme: 4/5 good deposts (2th theme age)
Progressive/??? theme: 4/5 good deposts (3th theme age)

Afther that you got modern era and you has already got 3/5 good deposts,
the deposts of modern era is Bronze age. So afther the 3th theme age you
will get bronze age goods, if I'am right... So the list ahead:

Bronze age/Modern/??? theme: 4/5 good deposts (4th theme age)
Iron age/Post modern/??? theme: 4/5 good deposts (5th theme age)
Eurly Middle ages/Contempory era/??? theme: 4/5 good deposts (6th theme age)
Highly middle ages/Tomorrow/??? theme: 4/5 good deposts (7th theme age)
Late Middle Ages/Future/??? theme: 4/5 deposts (8th theme age)

I hope you understand what I mean.:) So far you got before modern 2/5 good
deposts, from modern 3/5 and from arctic 4/5. I think we will never got 5/5,
so I think there will comming 3-7 new theme ages afther arctic. Possible more
if Inno will introduce a new good system and/or new good deposts, but I think
7 ages ahead is what we will got.
I hope this will be a little bit a answer on your question.:) Even with my
calculations in mind, the true can be always diffrent. If my calculations
become true than the answer is: 6 ages beyond OF or only 1.

Macha

Squire
Hopefully the devs combat the new GB abuse by making FP buildings unplunderable/aidable. ;)
they have already introduced the city shield as a tavern boost so if players cant attack your city then they wont be able to plunder it either, sorry if this is disappointing because its not a free item but the gb wont be free to the players that build & use it either

dolphin

Marquis
Oceanic Future ?

Why do we have a 19th century deep sea diver, on the entry picture, in the future? A genetically modified dolphin might be more appropriate in the future!

they have already introduced the city shield as a tavern boost so if players cant attack your city then they wont be able to plunder it either, sorry if this is disappointing because its not a free item but the gb wont be free to the players that build & use it either
People are exploiting the GB by arranging with other players to plunder their FP buildings so that they make more FP plundering than through collecting. This was not intended by the devs and undermines the purpose of the building.

DeletedUser5097

A GB that gives a chance that we got 2x productions would be amazing. With maybe
a lower chance than the chance that you have to get 2x loot with the new GB. For
example if the new GB gives you chance of 20% for 2x loot, than a GB that gives
a chance for 2x production can give you maybe 10% chance to get 2x the
production.

Wait a second Inno, are you planning to bring this age live on 15 March?!:eek: That's
very fast are your sure that it's in that time testet enough? If you think so... well than
we can enter the new age quick on live.
This month, the March episode begins with game designers Thi and Kai introducing the Oceanic Future Part 1. As soon as players unlock the new age, a mysterious building will appear outside their cities. The new age also brings 18 original buildings, three units and 13 technologies to the game. Additionally, players will now fight in underwater battle maps. The feature will be live on March 15.
I finded this:
https://press.innogames.com/innogames-tv-makes-a-splash-with-games-new-age-reveal

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7779

1. And if they would change the AA map, then medals won't have no use but AF goods would have one... And what about the OF goods? The gvg is totally dead, everywhere around the globe players only use it to gain endless ranking points, and there's nothing to do with it, impossible to repair, because every single change would affect normal players and guilds too. The gvg is a dead function in this game, the devs don't want to spend time with it, they even don't make it on mobile and that tells everything to me...
  2. For the guild goods the GE is a good use, in OF we will pay AF goods for the 2nd lvl and OF goods for the 3rd and 4th lvls, that's all, yeah we have much more goods, but we have much more medals too what could be spent on the AA map! I had 4M when the map was introduced, and i paid my guild's costs alone, we had 90+ sectors on the map (one siege's cost was still only 300K less than my normal daily income)... Now i have 60M medals, the 2nd player from the guild has 40M and there're a few more who have about 3-5M. What the hell could we do with so many medals? Why are AF goods more important for many of you??? And why do you want more gvg maps? The existing ones are more than enough to gain hundreds of millions ranking points, the game already became a clicking championship instead of a strategy game, simply there's no strategy which can compete with the point farmers... Forget the gvg, move on!

I agree with you that GvG is dead (sadly), but introducing the AA map and the corresponding lag are the main culprits for that.
I believe that everyone will agree that AA has the worst lag due to the thousands of troops which are loading every time we open the army screen. I recently fought in lower eras where i don't have so many units and lag was significantly less. Therefore a simple solution will be to make a separate AF and OF maps. This will also fix the issue with the thousands of useless AF (and soon OF) goods in treasury.

Wow, really? March 15??? That would coincide with the start of Einstein event then?

DeletedUser7617

1. And if they would change the AA map, then medals won't have no use but AF goods would have one... And what about the OF goods? The gvg is totally dead, everywhere around the globe players only use it to gain endless ranking points, and there's nothing to do with it, impossible to repair, because every single change would affect normal players and guilds too. The gvg is a dead function in this game, the devs don't want to spend time with it, they even don't make it on mobile and that tells everything to me...
  2. For the guild goods the GE is a good use, in OF we will pay AF goods for the 2nd lvl and OF goods for the 3rd and 4th lvls, that's all, yeah we have much more goods, but we have much more medals too what could be spent on the AA map! I had 4M when the map was introduced, and i paid my guild's costs alone, we had 90+ sectors on the map (one siege's cost was still only 300K less than my normal daily income)... Now i have 60M medals, the 2nd player from the guild has 40M and there're a few more who have about 3-5M. What the hell could we do with so many medals? Why are AF goods more important for many of you??? And why do you want more gvg maps? The existing ones are more than enough to gain hundreds of millions ranking points, the game already became a clicking championship instead of a strategy game, simply there's no strategy which can compete with the point farmers... Forget the gvg, move on!
I totally agree, total incoherence since AF ... fumbling and ... not incompetence but amateurism and childish :D

DeletedUser7779

The main problem is simple, the players are bored, almost nobody want to get sectors anymore, and not just because of the lag on the AA map... There's nothing to do just watch your territories day by day after having 40+ in an era... In my country the biggest guilds which were on the top once, already gave up almost all their sectors in every era and the members only want to fight, even the guild introduction is only about endless fighting, they fire players who doesn't fight enough... The point farmers lead all the rankings etc. Point farming was a huge problem in the past too, and time's gone, new features were introduced, there're too many things to take care about in the game... The gvg takes a lot of time to check all the eras and sectors of your guild without action if nobody attacks you. On the other hand, till point farming isn't solved (poorly it can't be) normal guilds always will lose against point farmers and that will make players lose all their interest because if some clicking champs doesn't like a player or a guild, that guild never would be able to play normally, simply because it's impossible to keep sectors day by day when it costs only 5*5 goods to attack, there's no boost on the sector because the support pool isn't enough even on lvl 60, and everybody has a lvl 40+ Alcatraz so the siege armies won't cause problems too (this happened to our guild even i've lost all my interest in the gvg).
I really don't think we need more maps. I liked the gvg, it was a very good idea (i spent hours every dy to take sectors for my guild, thought a lot about strategies had more than 25thousand battles in the last year etc.) but like many times in life, people used it in a wrong way, and that makes impossible for everybody to use it as it was intended, more players started to use it just for ranking points etc...
I'd like to see more new interesting contents in the game (i don't mean these useless achievments but more things like the GE), but no more gvg maps, moreover, i would likely take away all the ranking points which were gained by fake fights, and if it's not possible, then take away all the ranking points of all the fights in gvg maybe then we could think about the gvg again... But then only the GBs would make a difference between the players, and if i remember well that system wasn't very popular in the past... :D

Well don't you think that more Era-specific maps will revive GvG?
Exactly like you said - let's keep lag issues aside and take a look what happened after AA was released. Like you pointed out - siege costs medals in AA, hence even 1 player with high Arc will be able to sustain the guild treasury. Therefore, fighting in AA is so easy and preferred and most guilds just champ farm - because siege cost is not an issue. Why don't people champ farm in other Eras? Because it costs goods.
This game attracted so many people in the beginning (including myself) because of the war aspect imo. Now it's slowly turning into Farmville. A more war/fighting oriented change is definitely needed.

piohh

Baronet
A more war/fighting oriented change is definitely needed.

Then, however, everything must be reworked, less points for fights and bring back Points for Supplies, Gold and NEW Points for Produktion of Goods.

FoE is not only a Fight Game, but all what I can read is about GvG, GE and Fighting, Fighting and? Yeh Fighting...

Tanmay11

Regent
Well don't you think that more Era-specific maps will revive GvG?
the thing is... new maps will only revive it for a few weeks or a month or two until all sectors are taken and until big guilds establish minions and alliances around the map to protect the territory...so I don't think there is any point in releasing more maps when existing ones are already dead and so much laggy.

would rather have them fix the lag issues first and improve the existing features somehow...
for starters reduce the amounts of clicks needed in the game. currently to do 1 gvg fight one has to click at least 5 times(excluding slection of army and manual fights which would probably increase it to 10 or more).
I somehow managed to do around 20k fights and got fed up with all the clicking, not sure how some people do a 100k fights lol and to add to this pain we have horrible lags while loading army management windows and memory leaks which makes the game unplayable after 15-20 fights and makes me refresh.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4256

Can somebody tell me what are the recurring quests in OF? Thanks!

of course sir

1. Gather 1,500,000 supplies
2. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times
3. Spend 139 fp
4. Gain 16,000 happiness
5. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times
6. Gather 1,000,000 coins
7. Have 4 eels, have 4 CRABS
8. Have 20,000 population available
9. Pay 500,000 coins, pay 500,000 supplies
10. Research 2 technologies
11. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times
12. Have less than 42 population available
13. Buy 5 forge points

DeletedUser7779

of course sir

2. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times
3. Spend 139 fp
4. Gain 16,000 happiness
5. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times
6. Gather 1,000,000 coins
7. Have 4 eels, have 4 CRABS
8. Have 20,000 population available
9. Pay 500,000 coins, pay 500,000 supplies
10. Research 2 technologies
11. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times
12. Have less than 42 population available
13. Buy 5 forge points

Thank you! Just to be sure, #7 is have 4 eels, 4 crabs? Not recruit them? I.e. once you have those quest will autocomplete every time? Looks like infinite gain of resources then heh ;)
and #6 is gather 1 Mil coins, so basically the same as in AF?

Well, as i wrote, many players and guilds do the point farming in all maps (especially on higher era maps)! I could copy a guild introdutcion for you in which they write there're fight opportunities from PE to FE day by day, and they only recruit fighters who want to live with these chances! This guild once has lead the guild ranking for hundreds of days in it's own world and now it became simply a guild for 80 point farmers! Since we can see cca. 50 Arcs on lvl 80 in each world, i hardly think that goods would be a problem, especially for the first few sectors which cost 5*5 or 5*10... And i just didn't mention the high lvl Frontenacs which allow us to collect thousands of goods every day what we could change in the market to other era's goods etc. (i've already collected more than 100K goods since the achievment was introduced, without any cheat or fake use of the market, i just played like i always do, and changed goods like i always do and not i'm the first player in our world who reached the silver achievment).
Point farming was a problem before the AA map was introduced too, the AA map just made it worse. If the devs want to fix the lag, they don't need to introduce more new specific maps, simply let the system remember the selected era in the army management like it remembers if we've selected attached or unattached units so there won't be more lag than on any other maps (still very laggy, but no reason to introduce more maps). As Tanmay wrote, new maps only would revitalize the gvg for the first few weeks when guilds fight against NPCs but that's not guild vs guild but guild vs NPC.
Thank you!

That is a great idea about the army screen remembering the selected Era, I believe there's even an ongoing proposal about it on the US forum. Those are 2 different issues though. Reducing/fixing the lag will not stop point farmers. Point farming was a problem before AA, I agree, yet it was somewhat reduced by the GvG changes which don't allow you to siege a tile you released before next recalc. Siege costing medals in AA is the biggest problem imo. If a guild holds no or very few tiles and point farms, then it doesn't really matter if it costs goods or medals - like you pointed out. But if they do (like in my main world #1 guild holds like 1/3 of AF map and all they do is champ farm) - then it matters. Theoretically people with high Arcs can gain infinite medals/day ... oh well not infinite heh but thousands, while the Arcs themselves produce a limited amount of goods for treasury. So in the long run, goods will run out faster than medals. Hence my suggestion about separate AF and OF maps where sieges costs goods not medals.

DeletedUser

Thank you! Just to be sure, #7 is have 4 eels, 4 crabs? Not recruit them? I.e. once you have those quest will autocomplete every time? Looks like infinite gain of resources then heh ;)
it is HAVE
(like those in the other ages)

and bad news: no autocomplete
you will only get them if you have 2 or less of both units (like the quest in other ages)

and in total there are 3 of those quests for the combinations with 2 of the 3 units from the oceanic future

if you add the 2 missing ones and the list has 15 quests
and that number was announced ;)

DeletedUser7779

it is HAVE
(like those in the other ages)

and bad news: no autocomplete
you will only get them if you have 2 or less of both units (like the quest in other ages)

and in total there are 3 of those quests for the combinations with 2 of the 3 units from the oceanic future

if you add the 2 missing ones and the list has 15 quests
and that number was announced ;)

Thanks! So I'm guessing the 2 quests about population will not autocomplete either? and #2, #5 and #11 are the same?

Andi47

Overlord
I am about to sell my CRAB factory and build a Battle Fortress factory again.

In GE the CRAB SUCKS (compared to the Fortress): The general stats seem to be a bit better than those of the Fortress, but with its significantly lower range (7, compared to the 12 of the Fortress) the CRAB is shot down before it can shoot itself. (just try the 12th battle of the GE with 2 Crabs + 6 rogues and autobattle - compared to 2 Fortress + 6 rogues).

With Crabs + rogues you lose 6(!) units in the first wave and have to retreat, with Fortress + rogues you lose 1 or 2 units in the first wave and can easily win the second wave if you have not been extremely unlucky to lose both real units in the first wave.

DeletedUser

Thanks! So I'm guessing the 2 quests about population will not autocomplete either? and #2, #5 and #11 are the same?
no autocomplete on any repeating a quest

and 2,5 and 11 are different quests
you can do them together: collecting 6 buildings and finish all 3 quests at the same time (when main quest giver is gone)

DeletedUser7779

@BetaTest03 @Andi47 Thanks guys this is all very helpful.

Thinking about cycling quest #12 - have less than 42 population. Can't it be abused if you have like 40 population and build and delete a hut over and over again? (Build time is 5 seconds if I'm correct?) If it can, then it should be removed imo. Same with the other population quest.