• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Guild Expeditions - New Rewards, Balancing Changes and 4th Difficulty

Lionhead

Baronet
and yeh its a problem for our guild to spend only for Round 4, 1720 goods or why you think I write here?

Because you obviously don´t have the ability to coordinate the production of the requred goods.
1720 or whatever. It´s still 120 goods pr. player pr. week. That´s less than 20 pr. day. Don´t tell me you can´t adjust to that.

DeletedUser

Very nice price, last chest lvl 3, the "Terrace Farm"!
Makes me wonder in general though with this amount of buildings to win and as weekly player of the GE.
How are players supposed to place all of that in their city?
I see a positive side to this as well and that is that we need less up -, reno - & inventory kits as we can simply replace them as we win them.
Those kits are extremely pricey as of late: according to the price tags I see during events.

Although I obviously like packed FPs better as well I love the fact the amount of times we can win them seem to have been increased and the amount of FPs too.
I won 4 x 20 FPs this week and at this rate I don't mind I get them in my bar!
I used to gain way less unless I was lucky enough to have that relic which gives 100 FPs.

Overall I like it very much that there now is a distinction between event buildings and buildings which do basically the same but these can only be achieved via the GE.
Makes them absolutely more special!
I love the designwork very much on the GE buildings: the details on them and how nicely they blend in by the natural tones used on them.
The wishing well therefore was for the design (mainly the colors) not my most favorite building but the Fountain of Youth is perfect to me.

I really look forward to the GE each week and not only because I like to battle but after the changes certainly for the prizes to win as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4911

----new guild level please----
what is the purpose of a competition if more and more guild has reached the same max level?!..

DeletedUser7829

Hi everyone, I've seen ritual flame give now 8% while at the beginning they announced 7%. Is there a way to see al the changes occurred after the introduction of 4th difficulty and the change of prizes until now?
Thank you in advance :)

DeletedUser7983

Hi guys,

just made an account to contribute to this discussion as i actively followed it since it was first announced and i read nearly all that has been said.

Being a fairly new FoE player (playing since early 2016 on a GER server) i do not have the same experience as most of you BETA - Guys, but i still want to share my opinion as a passionate gamer.

1. Guild - Expedition in general in the past
The idea was awesome when it was first released and i actively contributed weekly as far as i could.
As soon as the progress bars got released it got A LOT more competitive.
My guild was not able to compete due to inactiveness and lazyness and we had extreme discussions about wheter to kick active players who did not take part in the expeditions but did contribute to the community. Without going into much detail, it disunited the guild and we lost half our players due to kicks and leaving.

2. The 4th level and 133% and what will happen

Most players here said that the 133% system is a BAD idea and i fully agree!
Because it will further disunite players which happily played together before, just because of time-investment differences or even methodical differences (being a more casual player in a goal oriented guild).
Now those guys will get forced by their guilds to compete in 4th level and they will either fail, not even get that far or wont even try.
Why would you want that for such a game?
Further: The Goods.
Wow, i cannot even think about the pressure on the active community, especially on clans with players on all ages, most of them not having arcs etc. to get the goods-train rolling. They will get pushed so hard to get an observatory, it will not be fun at all for them.

3. The Rewards
One thing im really happy about is my temple and the Forgepoints/Goods i can get out of it. Everytime i get a Premium Decoration/Watchtower im annoyed and just stuff it to the other 18 i already have. Everytime i get agents/unit packs i am also not really happy as because i dont need to get free units at all (thanks alcatraz).
I know you need to be aware of younger players and what they desire. And i really am not saying its a bad thing to get agents, but its a bad thing as soon as you get something you dont need, over and over and over again. It is just like you did not get ANYTHING at all because you wont use what you got.
I cannot see ANY player being in the need to getting extra trys. Even the worst player, or especially the worst player, will need the good rewards for progress as he has ALOT more out of 20 FP / 100 FP then a player who casually makes 100fp+ a day with his Buildings already. I cannot imagine any player wanting to have decorations/ trys/motivation kits en mass.

As for the rewards you have added:

The Ritual flame is just less good than the watchtower (even if its 4% and 8% and therefore the exact same size/gain ratio), due to it being fixated 2x1. What if you have 1x3 in size leftover? no bonus for you unless you have 3x the watchtower.
My proposal therefore: make it 4% def AND attack bonus when defending instead of 8% def only. This gives this little thing a whole new purpose and you might be willing to get some of them even if it means to slightly change your layout, just because the bonus is different and appealing in another way.

The Sacred Sky Watch seems to be underperforming, too. So here is my proposal for this one. Give it the Forge Point production whout it being in the need of motivation first. So motivation just doubles the coins in the end. You will fit two of them instead of three Shrines, and you therefore loose out on a Forgepoint, but you will get two guaranteed ones instead of three "maybe" ones (depending on size of the town it can happen you dont get the full motivations going, so theres that).

Last but not least.

Why is the Guild expedition just 6 days with a day off... Why dont you just increase the timing and further rebalance it so you have two weeks time for it while it is still 48/64 battles in size? Just think about it. You would recieve (realisticly on average overall) like 5 silver relics in two weeks instead of 5 each week. Now you could cut the decoration relic chance and get the better stuff rolling. Because you get half the rewards you can improve on the reward itself! Players will feel ALOT better! Even the treasure chest rewards could be restuffed with more interesting things (you can put decorations there instead of coins, for example, if you please). It will also give casuals alot more time to take part and really contribute/make it interesting for them to even try. And, who knows, maybe we even get level 5, this way? ;)

I really welcome the expedition and the versatility it gives the game and like the mode! I think further improving on it is the best thing you guys could do. I unterstand that you cannot keep throwing things out, which have some value left. But then you need to start to think outside the box. Do not copypaste the same things over and over, add variations which have different bonuses and not the same, etc.

Hopefully someone who has some influence will read this and might think about sone things, thats all i ask for :) Its not a bad thing to get back to the drawing board and reinvest time on a great idea to make FoE even better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5663

Why do people hate the decorations? They are much better than even the diamond culture buildings on a per square basis and since the introduction of the help button an active player has way more motivation going on than needed, especially in the later ages. And in many of the early ages they are as good as a normal culture building even 1 on 1, not per square.

piohh

Baronet
@erfahrungbeta... why? You get tons of this and you can delete some. I delete nearly 20 Flower Harbors and now i have Face of the Ancient or Gate of the Sun God in my Inventar... for the same amount of Ranking Points.

HuscarlTW

Squire
I just fought through most of level 3 GE on the US server (pre-update) with my colonial age city. 42% attack.

I only lost maybe 5 units getting through the fights. Why is it that Colonial GvG is getting even easier, but Arctic is getting even harder?

Personally, I think the difficulty levels are pretty reasonable, with the exception of perhaps EMA, which I found very difficult on the later part of level 3.

dolphin

Marquis
Hopefully someone who has some influence will read this and might think about sone things, thats all i ask for :) Its not a bad thing to get back to the drawing board and reinvest time on a great idea to make FoE even better.

You're wasting your time.

DeletedUser4256

Why do people hate the decorations? They are much better than even the diamond culture buildings on a per square basis and since the introduction of the help button an active player has way more motivation going on than needed, especially in the later ages. And in many of the early ages they are as good as a normal culture building even 1 on 1, not per square.

in my case because I prefer to put a Victory Tower which gives me some medals or a SoK instead of 4 decos

DeletedUser7059

I preffer have 122 motivation per day on SoK and 4 Polished per day on 2 culture building, then have 100 motivation on SoK and 26 polishing on 13 decos...;)

piohh

Baronet
Don't need thats anyone polish my city

polish63ukn.png

qaccy

Emperor
Hm...how come odds for FP and goods from relics were reduced instead of the other prizes? Those are arguably the most popular and valuable prizes. I think I just answered my own question, but I'm curious to know the actual reason. Or have I not been keeping up well enough with the discussion and that change has been reverted?

I'm also not sure about the magnitude of the increase in army strength for AF. Are the AF units really considered that much better than FE to be worth such a large jump? Now, there are plenty here who are forever going to be blinded by bias to admit that AF units ARE an upgrade over FE, but I'm not entirely convinced they're that much better to be worth up to a 15% increase in army strength by the end of level 3.

DeletedUser7529

You're wrong! A better player has many event buildings especially in AF, in more years it's not a big deal to get 100 SoKs in so many events, GE etc. I need about 150 aids at least every day (depeds on the supply production, but i kept the video game factories from CE, just to avoid getting aid for supplies first instead of e.g. residential uildings), i visit all my guild members, all the 140 friends and even the neighbors every single day but simetimes i don't get enough aiding back and have to collect about 10 buildings without a star over them! And i only have 3 tigers dens as cultural buildings, all my happyness comes from my GBs, everrything on lvl 10 at least, Alcatraz on lvl 82... That's why decos aren't welcome!

Decos woudnt be that bad if they were given special priority list - decos should have lowest priority, they should be polished if there is nothing else left to polish / motivate.

DeletedUser7454

Why do people hate the decorations?
It is not that I hate decoration but why I do need soooo many. I went through the new GE 3 x now and so far I won 5 gates of sun and 2 faces of ancient and an premium deco from a chest. 8 decos -- and for those in lower era these new decos are large. In any way I rather take 5 diamonds or some coins then to collect decorations. Plus having decoration over larger culturals diverts the Aids -- decos are still polish more often then the other buildings.

HuscarlTW

Squire
Hm...how come odds for FP and goods from relics were reduced instead of the other prizes? Those are arguably the most popular and valuable prizes. I think I just answered my own question, but I'm curious to know the actual reason. Or have I not been keeping up well enough with the discussion and that change has been reverted?
As far as I know, the probabilities are uniform. They just diluted the relic prize pool with more garbage. I believe the chance of winning any reward from a gold relic decreased from 1/5 to 1/7 because the oasis and mass motivation kits were added to gold relic rewards.

qaccy

Emperor
As far as I know, the probabilities are uniform. They just diluted the relic prize pool with more garbage. I believe the chance of winning any reward from a gold relic decreased from 1/5 to 1/7 because the oasis and mass motivation kits were added to gold relic rewards.

I'm only asking because the announcement and several posts in this thread specifically reference those two outcomes as being reduced, not the medals/watchfire/rogue prizes.

Lionhead

Baronet
I´m pretty sure I remember seeing an overwiev of the cost required for unlocking all levels in GE in table format.
Can anyone tell me where?