• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 30th January

DeletedUser7239

Yes I'm sure a lot of people would quit or at least not bother donating to other player's GBs.

Sadly, I don't have the new interface, but I did have a glimpse when it was mistakenly launched last year. When I saw that button I laughed because it was a sign of them trying to up diamond sells or at least making it more enticing to the player to buy diamonds to lvl their GBs faster. But in Inno's defense, they do offer you the opportunity to complete a Tech instantly with diamonds, so it was only a matter of time before they added that option in other places.

But still, it doesn't make sense to me the thinking behind making FP packets that you could get in GE or from the Treasure Hunt going directly to your FP bar.:confused:
Actually it does, they are using business psychology they think everyone here is on the 2x years range lol
The fact is this: if you have less fp package your more prone to spend on diamonds, lets say your investing on a friends gb and someone passed you by 10pf, and you do not have it neither on coins or pf package: what you do? spend money on diamonds, see the trick?

DeletedUser5160

And once again, no response from @Darkstar as to why Inno made this decision. (It's business not developer's fault)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Okay it appears the feedback threads on the daily changelogs were started at the right time. :p

The decision to change the package rewards to direct Forge Points is because we prefer to see a more constant flow of forge points through the game, rather than them being stockpiled into infinity. (Also in general on the UI side we think it's more understandable when there's only being one method of storing Forge Points - the Forge Points bar.)

Don't worry, no changes currently planned for the handling of the Great Building rewards, we realize that's a bit of a different situation.

DeletedUser7961

Dear Darkstar,

I currently have a level 68 Arc which gives me 84% increased Great Building rewards. Having a high Arc requires me to have a lot of forge point packages because I often get asked to invest in other Great Buildings. I currently only have 2,2k forge points in packages so there is a limit to how many people I can help at once.

Because of that reason I try to get as many packages I can get so that I can help more guild members at the same time. I personally stopped doing the Treasure Hunt months ago because I thought it's too much of a hassle, however I am pretty sure that there are players who haven't stopped and still continue to play it for the sole reason to get the desired packages.

Your change will reduce the amount of players that use the treasure hunt for the reason I am about to give. If forge points now directly go to the bar then the player will have to find a Great Building that converts the "bar forge points" to "package forge points" to get the same effect I mentioned earlier. However finding a good Great Building isn't an easy task which means that the player has to wait until he finds the right one which means during that time he won't gain any forge points because of the bar limit of 10.

I get that game companies want players to play the game the way they think it's meant to be played. I personally stockpile packages so that I can help my guild members. I guarantee you other players do the same thing and there might be a lot of other reasons players stockpile fps. Maybe a player wants to skip an age? Who knows.

I don't like the fact that you force is to play the game how you want it to be played.
I like to have options. I want to play the game how I want to play it.

I hope that this change doesn't make it to the live servers and I really hope that the trend "let's not reward players with forge point packages. Better give them forge points directly to the bar." won't continue.

Atmoz

DeletedUser7869

Actually it does, they are using business psychology they think everyone here is on the 2x years range lol
The fact is this: if you have less fp package your more prone to spend on diamonds, lets say your investing on a friends gb and someone passed you by 10pf, and you do not have it neither on coins or pf package: what you do? spend money on diamonds, see the trick?
True. :(

Silly me, I was thinking as a gamer. *sigh*

DeletedUser7239

Okay it appears the feedback threads on the daily changelogs were started at the right time. :p

The decision to change the package rewards to direct Forge Points is because we prefer to see a more constant flow of forge points through the game, rather than them being stockpiled into infinity. (Also in general on the UI side we think it's more understandable when there's only being one method of storing Forge Points - the Forge Points bar.)

Don't worry, no changes currently planned for the handling of the Great Building rewards, we realize that's a bit of a different situation.

Hmm i know it is not your fault, but you must understand that what was told to you makes zero to -OO sense.
In my world there are players that flow close to 10.000pf a day, so that is not even remotely an escuse.
Second, every player have their way of gaming, some like to store to contribute to GB, others to late research.
There is always flow of pf, minimum of 24pf a day, whats does not make sense is players being forced to spend when they do not need.
Sorry but this decision and justification beaten the RG nerf.
IF you said to me that they would end the pf timer reset(ie you could store pf for days,weeks and it keeps adding up without locking), now that would be better.
But something tells me they do not want that.
I have to ask, with so many mistakes and with so many negative feedback from players(blast from the past: easter event,rogue starting first, rg nerfing, crystal villas, the upcoming carnival event, the shame chest, and now this one) i have to ask:
This is devs ideas or upper management? i must say i never seen anything like this before.
Out of sheer curiosity :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5160

I feel better now, thank you. Just.... I hope business properly plans a better system before removing the old else the who game economy could crumble again.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Hmm i know it is not your fault, but you must understand that what was told to you makes zero to -OO sense.
In my world there are players that flow close to 10.000pf a day, so that is not even remotely an escuse.
Second, every player have their way of gaming, some like to store to contribute to GB, others to late research.
There is always flow of pf, minimum of 24pf a day, whats does not make sense is players being forced to spend when they do not end.
IF you said to me that they would end the pf timer reset(ie you could store pf for days,weeks and it keeps adding up without locking), now that would be better.
I have to ask, with so many mistakes and with so many negative feedback from players(blast from the past: easter event,rogue starting first, rg nerfing, crystal villas, the upcoming carnival event, the shame chest, and now this one) i have to ask:
This is devs ideas or upper management? i must say i never seen anything like this before.
Sure, there is a general flow of Forge Points and there are players getting huge number of Forge Points because they contribute to other players' Great Buildings. Based on the replies here so far, they apparently "stopped doing Treasure Hunt a long time ago" because they didn't consider it worth it, so it doesn't appear this is the same group of folks. ;)

These are small Forge Point rewards that are being converted to direct Forge Points. It's not that hard to find a place to spend them, as they're in small amounts just like the ones you gather by spending the hourly FP from the Bar. At the same time they still contribute to general interaction (contributing to GBs of others), personal GB growth (contributing to your own GBs), and own game progress (advancing to new eras).

You still decide where/how to spend those Forge Points.

DeletedUser7239

Sure, there is a general flow of Forge Points and there are players getting huge number of Forge Points because they contribute to other players' Great Buildings. Based on the replies here so far, they apparently "stopped doing Treasure Hunt a long time ago" because they didn't consider it worth it, so it doesn't appear this is the same group of folks. ;)

These are small Forge Point rewards that are being converted to direct Forge Points. It's not that hard to find a place to spend them, as they're in small amounts just like the ones you gather by spending the hourly FP from the Bar. At the same time they still contribute to general interaction (contributing to GBs of others), personal GB growth (contributing to your own GBs), and own game progress (advancing to new eras).

Still does not make any sense. i can have it on fp package and still use them as i want, why this change?
What they want is to force to spend it all over.
Bar stops at 11fp, right?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Still does not make any sense. i can have it on fp package and still use them as i want, why this change?
What they want is to force to spend it all over.
Bar stops at 11fp, right?
And you can just stockpile them and never use them either.

The timer for the new FP production of the FP bar stops when you have 10 or more FPs. The FP bar can hold up to 99 FPs + 1 additional FP collection.

DeletedUser7869

These are small Forge Point rewards that are being converted to direct Forge Points. It's not that hard to find a place to spend them, as they're in small amounts just like the ones you gather by spending the hourly FP from the Bar.
Of course it's never hard to find WHERE to spend FPs it's more WHEN to spend them, especially when competing for top spots on GBs. ;)

DeletedUser7239

And you can just stockpile them and never use them either.

The timer for the new FP production of the FP bar stops when you have 10 or more FPs. The FP bar can hold up to 99 FPs + 1 additional FP collection.

So if it stops at 10fp, its useless this change! i do not figured out (yet) why they keep pushing players like this.
Forge points bar to fp package, good idea, fp package to bar useless.
oh and this.
you said
"You still decide where/how to spend those Forge Points."
My version:
You decide WHEN to spend those Forge Points. ;)

Miepie

Baronet

So this change is mainly to the disadvantage to smaller players who are still a long way from the end of the tech tree, currently. If anyone likes to stockpile fp, so what? Most players will only try to save enough to help them get good places in great buildings or help them through a few tech's once they reach a new era, that is hardly stockpiling to infinity.

No, the group that gains the most from the treasure hunt is the same group that didn't gather nearly as much packages in the old situation, wich will now be even less.

So, rewards from missions are next? And those 100 fp from gold relics, those are also considered small forge point rewards? Because there is where this new trend started, in the expedition with the relics. And I like to decide when/where and how I spend my forge points. If I cannot decide when, you can hardly claim I can decide how because maybe my how is in the second tech from a new era which I haven't reached yet, or in a great building I haven't completed yet.

DeletedUser4285

There is always flow of pf, minimum of 24pf a day, whats does not make sense is players being forced to spend when they do not need.

What's the "shame chest"?

Never about the "where/how" as much as it is about the "when".
No one gathers so many FP packages for the lulz. They do so the FP packages can help them in the long run where they can easily contribute lots of FPs to a good few techs at once or to a GB that might require 2000+ FPs to secure a place. There are those that like to spend 10,000's of FPs per day so every FP pack counts, whether for new players or the veterans.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
So this change is mainly to the disadvantage to smaller players who are still a long way from the end of the tech tree, currently. If anyone likes to stockpile fp, so what? Most players will only try to save enough to help them get good places in great buildings or help them through a few tech's once they reach a new era, that is hardly stockpiling to infinity.
It's not there to disadvantage anyone, but to reform the way these rewards from the Treasure Hunt are received and spent. As a direct reward they'll be spent at the time, and not stockpiled for a later time.

So, rewards from missions are next? And those 100 fp from gold relics, those are also considered small forge point rewards? Because there is where this new trend started, in the expedition with the relics. And I like to decide when/where and how I spend my forge points. If I cannot decide when, you can hardly claim I can decide how because maybe my how is in the second tech from a new era which I haven't reached yet, or in a great building I haven't completed yet.
Can't say what else might change, the info I can provide is what's already been posted above - that at this time there are no planned changes to Great Building contribution rewards. FPs from Relics were never packages, so they're not a classic prize in any way. But if we compare them to the numbers everyone has written on the forum about general FP totals then it appears 100 FPs are not a huge amount of FPs.

Let me rephrase what I've said then - you still decide where/how to spend those Forge Points, except if that decision is 'at a later time', in which case you won't be receiving new hourly FPs till that time.

DeletedUser7239

won't be receiving new hourly FPs till that time.

And this seems wise or logic? we had a system that worked, players not all for sure, would get packages for later use. now if they want to wait they lose points per hour that are not used? instead of gaining they lose? lol
Can't say what else might change,
You do understand that this only will keep away costumers from investing in the future due to the lack of trust? so lets say someone there decides to put the GB fp packages(investors) directly to fp bar, we have to accept it?
People that have this ideas knows what the words "corporate responsibility" mean? CSR policy? (within service supply side)
What garantees does we players(as a game investors, because when we buy diamonds we are helping with the company revenue) have that the company does not start to run avoc with lets say with crazy ideas?(last year i count 4 at least).
I did not see a single idea that was proposed by players and or any change that the company had reversed.
I can give you a concret example: did you take a close look to that chest? here on beta i think i open it 6 times, i think. wanna know what i get? garbage!
For something that costs 650 ~750 heart that is not acceptable.
Running math on that on best buy to buyer, each chest costs 2€/try is kinda bad is not? to get 7 roses per example.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7239

What's the "shame chest"?

Shame chest i explain: open your game, see the carnival event, now pass your mouse over the 700 hearts chest. should say something like this:
wishing well: 10%
Large Medal Package 20%
Large Coin Package 25%
Large Supplies package 25%
7 roses 20%

Is not this a shame? :D and it seems again our opinions are not taken in account, since that @@@ coins and supplies again in the chest!