• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 30th January

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
You do understand that this only will keep away costumers from investing in the future due to the lack of trust? so lets say someone there decides to put the GB fp packages(investors) directly to fp bar, we have to accept it?
People that have this ideas knows what the words "corporate responsibility" mean? CSR policy? (within service supply side)
What garantees does we players(as a game investors, because when we buy diamonds we are helping with the company revenue) have that the company does not start to run avoc with lets say with crazy ideas?(last year i count 4 at least).
I did not see a single idea that was proposed by players and or any change that the company had reversed.
I can give you a concret example: did you take a close look to that chest? here on beta i think i open it 6 times, i think. wanna know what i get? garbage!
For something that costs 650 ~750 heart that is not acceptable.
Running math on that on best buy to buyer, each chest costs 2€/try is kinda bad is not? to get 7 roses per example.
If you disagree with a change you can state so and offer alternative suggestions. Quite a number of ideas have been changed or adopted from the community. From what is already pointed out in this thread - FP bar timer stops once it reaches 10 or more FPs, FP bar cap was increased from 10 to 100, roses in the chest were modified (you may not be happy with how it is currently but improvements were done based on Beta feedback), ordering of the context menu options were reordered, the 'Great Buildings' overview button was added to multiple cases, that whole Great Buildings overview functionality was added, etc.

Those are all things that have been proposed/requested in some form via the community. Look through all the changelogs and you'll find more. I don't know what sort of guarantee you're talking about or expecting, as the game changes are never going to be appealing to everyone or directly picked from the community. Every little bit of feedback or any suggestion can influence the direction and content of the development plans, but those development plans are not created solely on feedback. GE for example is not something that was suggested, but something that was seen as required in order to add a cooperative guild feature for both browser and mobile, at the same time as offering a personal challenge that both those who fight and do not fight can complete, while gaining personal and guild rewards.

Miepie

Baronet
It's not there to disadvantage anyone, but to reform the way these rewards from the Treasure Hunt are received and spent. As a direct reward they'll be spent at the time, and not stockpiled for a later time.

That is a disadvantage, no matter what name you'll attach to it

Can't say what else might change, the info I can provide is what's already been posted above - that at this time there are no planned changes to Great Building contribution rewards. FPs from Relics were never packages, so they're not a classic prize in any way. But if we compare them to the numbers everyone has written on the forum about general FP totals then it appears 100 FPs are not a huge amount of FPs.

If 100 fp wasn't a large reward, no temple would be above lvl 10, it's the main reason to level the thing.

Let me rephrase what I've said then - you still decide where/how to spend those Forge Points, except if that decision is 'at a later time', in which case you won't be receiving new hourly FPs till that time.
Which means you can't spend them when and how you want and claiming you can doesn't change that.

I know inno is trying to force us to play differently, the feedback here is: we don't want it. It was already said with the relics but those were new so not too much disgrunted players there, everybody loved the added fp even though you get them in an inconvenient way. But now inno starts to change the existing rewards, that's a different ballgame. I'm not against change in general, I'm against change for the worse. And this update is exactly that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7239

If you disagree with a change you can state so and offer alternative suggestions. Quite a number of ideas have been changed or adopted from the community. From what is already pointed out in this thread - FP bar timer stops once it reaches 10 or more FPs, FP bar cap was increased from 10 to 100, roses in the chest were modified (you may not be happy with how it is currently but improvements were done based on Beta feedback), ordering of the context menu options were reordered, the 'Great Buildings' overview button was added to multiple cases, that whole Great Buildings overview functionality was added, etc.

Those are all things that have been proposed/requested in some form via the community. Look through all the changelogs and you'll find more. I don't know what sort of guarantee you're talking about or expecting, as the game changes are never going to be appealing to everyone or directly picked from the community. Every little bit of feedback or any suggestion can influence the direction and content of the development plans, but those development plans are not created solely on feedback. GE for example is not something that was suggested, but something that was seen as required in order to add a cooperative guild feature for both browser and mobile, at the same time as offering a personal challenge that both those who fight and do not fight can complete, while gaining personal and guild rewards.

Its true that "light" request were done yes, but what i was telling (english is not main language so its very likely that i could not express correctly what i meant) was per example:
Crystal villa still got that rebalanced that caused problems to several players, and they did not even try to get a compromisse.
Rg was nerfed because was too powerfull and players were not using AF units at all, still they did proceded with it without compromissing again.
Now he have on GE bonus increase in all levels in AF, to defending armies. i do not know how you expect us players to like even a little bit of all those bad ideas.
What i mean by guarantee is the same trust you have on a brand that you buy. how funny it would be if after they sell your car they recall it and remove your 100hp engine and put a 50hp engine? i do not think you would like it, same is happening here, all of this sound a alarm. back in the 2014 this game was really good, since jan 2016, game is on a downfall.
And allow me to give you(company) a piece of advice; although players do not came here to show their discontent i can insure you, at least on my main world things are getting dark and dark, players are already quitting.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Its true that "light" request were done yes, but what i was telling (english is not main language so its very likely that i could not express correctly what i meant) was per example:
Crystal villa still got that rebalanced that caused problems to several players, and they did not even try to get a compromisse.
Rg was nerfed because was too powerfull and players were not using AF units at all, still they did proceded with it without compromissing again.
Now he have on GE bonus increase in all levels in AF, to defending armies. i do not know how you expect us players to like even a little bit of all those bad ideas.
I'm quite sure adding the Great Buildings overview functionality is a 'heavier' change that all those 3. Crystal Villa doesn't leave space for compromise, it was imbalanced and had to be rebalanced (otherwise every new building and item added later in the game would have to continue that trend and it simply causes issues in the long run). The Arctic Future bonuses in GE are a rebalance as well, which by itself is tricky yet required. However, you're not mentioning the rest of the changes (decreases/removals of bonuses in earlier eras) which were positive.

The 'compromise' for the Rail Gun was heavy adjustments to Arctic Future units. Many further changes (stats, abilities) were done based on feedback, even after the initial changes were announced. I already mentioned that not everything can be adjusted based on feedback and all 3 of the points you've mentioned are about rebalances.

What i mean by guarantee is the same trust you have on a brand that you buy. how funny it would be if after they sell your car they recall it and remove your 100hp engine and put a 50hp engine? i do not think you would like it, same is happening here, all of this sound a alarm. back in the 2014 this game was really good, since jan 2016, game is on a downfall.
And allow me to give you(company) a piece of advice; although players do not came here to show their discontent i can insure you, at least on my main world things are getting dark and dark, players are already quitting.
That comparison doesn't work, since you're not buying Forge of Empires for yourself at home. But the whole discussion is off-topic so I'll just stop there and quote myself from above.
If you disagree with a change you can state so and offer alternative suggestions. Quite a number of ideas have been changed or adopted from the community.

DeletedUser7239

I'm quite sure adding the Great Buildings overview functionality is a 'heavier' change that all those 3. Crystal Villa doesn't leave space for compromise, it was imbalanced and had to be rebalanced (otherwise every new building and item added later in the game would have to continue that trend and it simply causes issues in the long run). The Arctic Future bonuses in GE are a rebalance as well, which by itself is tricky yet required. However, you're not mentioning the rest of the changes (decreases/removals of bonuses in earlier eras) which were positive.

The 'compromise' for the Rail Gun was heavy adjustments to Arctic Future units. Many further changes (stats, abilities) were done based on feedback, even after the initial changes were announced. I already mentioned that not everything can be adjusted based on feedback and all 3 of the points you've mentioned are about rebalances.

That comparison doesn't work, since you're not buying Forge of Empires for yourself at home. But the whole discussion is off-topic so I'll just stop there and quote myself from above.

Same thing: i just compared a good vs a service(thats what this game offers), in the end dif result(car vs game diamonds), same applications(costumer happy or not?). i play GE on lower age here on beta and they are easy, they just made it easier, and harder were they know most players are, want to go, so its easy to figure that one out. changing a bonus to difficult a player progress is not a good thing no matter what is said.
It said it needs a rebalance, yet no one has answered the why, quoting Mr Anwar Dalati, "The crucial question is the why?"
in the end player must spend diamonds to end it or he is unable to do it.
The tavern yes, does increase attack, but no defense increase, so just sand to eyes :)
I see that theres no point keeping going because the objective is clear: increase revenue no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:

babs

Merchant
I
From today's changelog:
  • Forge Point rewards from Treasure Hunt are now given out as direct Forge Points.
Today's change is quite disappointing. I believe we "the players" should be allowed to continue to store FP package rewards, received from the Treasure Hunt, in our inventory. We put our time and effort into the Treasure Chest, in order to possibly earn a FP package. In turn, we should be able to used those FP packages when and how we "chose". This change "forces" us to use them immediately. How does this improve the game for players? Why take this benefit from the player? This is certainly, not an improvement or enhancement to the game. I believe many players want to revert to storing Treasure Chest FP packages in our inventory. Hopefully, FOE will reconsider this change.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Same thing: i just compared a good vs a service(thats what this game offers), in the end dif result(car vs game diamonds), same applications(costumer happy or not?).
If it's the same thing then I'm sure when you buy a car it does not guarantee the next car from that brand will be just as you want it, or that they won't release a new edition of the old car, with changes done to it. See how it's not the "same thing"? :) Regardless, it's off-topic for the daily changelogs.

i play GE on lower age here on beta and they are easy, they just made it easier, and harder were they know most players are, want to go, so its easy to figure that one out. changing a bonus to difficult a player progress is not a good thing no matter what is said.
It said it needs a rebalance, yet no one has answered the why
The 'why' is in the follow-up announcement.

DeletedUser7239

If it's the same thing then I'm sure when you buy a car it does not guarantee the next car from that brand will be just as you want it, or that they won't release a new edition of the old car, with changes done to it. See how it's not the "same thing"? :) Regardless, it's off-topic for the daily changelogs.

The 'why' is in the follow-up announcement.

"Forge Point rewards from Treasure Hunt are now given out as direct Forge Points."

Where is the why? oO

HuscarlTW

Squire
I will admit that Darkstar is not reassuring at all when he only promises us that contribution rewards remain in packages.

If the quest reward FP packages go straight to the bar I will probably quit playing most of my cities unless Chateau starts applying to FP rewards.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
"Forge Point rewards from Treasure Hunt are now given out as direct Forge Points."

Where is the why? oO
You were talking about GE, I thought you were referring to that. Reasoning for Treasure Hunt change was posted earlier in this thread:
Okay it appears the feedback threads on the daily changelogs were started at the right time. :p

The decision to change the package rewards to direct Forge Points is because we prefer to see a more constant flow of forge points through the game, rather than them being stockpiled into infinity. (Also in general on the UI side we think it's more understandable when there's only being one method of storing Forge Points - the Forge Points bar.)

Don't worry, no changes currently planned for the handling of the Great Building rewards, we realize that's a bit of a different situation.

DeletedUser7239

You were talking about GE, I thought you were referring to that. Reasoning for Treasure Hunt change was posted earlier in this thread:

Sorry just read (again)regarding that matter and its the why that makes no sense, because stockpiling is a good thing, save for the future in case of a need, everyone have savings in their bank account, not the same, but same idea

yes i was sorry my bad.
Ge.
"Arctic Future - Increases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties"
And the why is...?

DeletedUser5160

Sorry just read (again)regarding that matter and its the why that makes no sense, because stockpiling is a good thing, save for the future in case of a need, everyone have savings in their bank account, not the same, but same idea

yes i was sorry my bad.
Ge.
"Arctic Future - Increases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties"
And the why is...?

The excuse business told Darkstar was that since AF units were stronger, the difficulty had to match it...... Business also didn't give him the numbers of how many that completed GE 4 were in an age lower than FE.

DeletedUser7239

The excuse business told Darkstar was that since AF units were stronger, the difficulty had to match it...... Business also didn't give him the numbers of how many that completed GE 4 were in an age lower than FE.

Yes i know darkstar is not "guilty" lets say this way.
So let me get this straight. RG was too strong matched to af units, so was nerfed.
Now af units are stronger and needed to increase difficulty to match it? oh boy.

Andi47

Overlord
It's not there to disadvantage anyone, but to reform the way these rewards from the Treasure Hunt are received and spent. As a direct reward they'll be spent at the time, and not stockpiled for a later time.

But small players ARE disadvantaged: With many FP to spend directly from the bar (coming from GE and treasure hunt), they will more likely get stuck in research due to lack of goods. (currently happened to me in de3 and de16, and there I still get the packages). And now the problem:
With the current flooding of events, we often get a quest like:

* research a tech

or

* spend 30 FP to a GB

and AAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhh! No FP packages available to rush a tech (or to quickly spend to a GB), a flooding of "I need x and y goods for the research quest QUICKLY!" postings in the "trades" guild mails, ....

(note: these kind of quests also drives small players to stockpile their FP)

And in small guilds (like I am in Qunrir) in the current state (i.e. still getting FP packages) I already have difficulties to spend my FP via the FP chains (e.g. from a silver or gold relic), because sometimes it takes several hours until someone picks up the chain and gives me a chance to post again and spend more FP.

So not even small players, but also small guilds ARE disadvantaged when we get more direct FP and less chance to store them in packages.

DeletedUser7917

But small players ARE disadvantaged: With many FP to spend directly from the bar (coming from GE and treasure hunt), they will more likely get stuck in research due to lack of goods. (currently happened to me in de3 and de16, and there I still get the packages). And now the problem:

* research a tech

or

* spend 30 FP to a GB

and AAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhh! No FP packages available to rush a tech (or to quickly spend to a GB), a flooding of "I need x and y goods for the research quest QUICKLY!" postings in the "trades" guild mails, ....

And in small guilds (like I am in Qunrir) in the current state (i.e. still getting FP packages) I already have difficulties to spend my FP via the FP chains (e.g. from a silver or gold relic), because sometimes it takes several hours until someone picks up the chain and gives me a chance to post again and spend more FP.

So not even small players, but also small guilds ARE disadvantaged when we get more direct FP and less chance to store them in packages.
+1

Andi47

Overlord
Well - the developers obviously did NOT do any Alpha-Test before rolling out today's "update". They would have seen the megabug when even opening their city!!!

DeletedUser

i don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it has something to do with the recent changes, so i'll just go ahead.

first of all i really like, that you added the "great buildings" option everywhere.
yesterday someone messaged me and asked if i could spend some fp, so i opened the gb-list in the message. i didn't want to use fp-packs only, so i had to close all the windows (gb, gb-list, private message, message center), buy fp for coins and reopen them again. as you can only add up to 10 fp to the bar for coins i had to do that several times.

Andi47

Overlord
i don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it has something to do with the recent changes, so i'll just go ahead.

first of all i really like, that you added the "great buildings" option everywhere.
yesterday someone messaged me and asked if i could spend some fp, so i opened the gb-list in the message. i didn't want to use fp-packs only, so i had to close all the windows (gb, gb-list, private message, message center), buy fp for coins and reopen them again. as you can only add up to 10 fp to the bar for coins i had to do that several times.

This will happen even more frequent since Inno took away the possibility to get FP packages from GE or Treasure hunt (without having any package, we need to buy the FP for coins if we want to spend them to a GB)

Andi47

Overlord

* research a tech

or

* spend 30 FP to a GB

One more thing:
I don't think that GE and treasure hunt give us much of the possibility to stockpile "infinite" amounts of FP packages:
In my "small" worlds (de3 (Contemporary Era) and de16 (Modern Era)) the biggest amount of FP I had stockpiled was around 130ish - and I completely used them up for a questline where almost every quest came up with a

* spend 12 FP

condition.

DeletedUser7239

Aaaaaaand again. :D The GE is easy in AF! I see guilds making 100% week after week! Nobody from those guilds have more than 93% attack boost and nobody got the Alcatraz above lvl 35 but all the members could finish the GE, most of them are in AF (guilds with about 15-20 members)! And you can be sure, they're always fighting across the GE, never negotiate, i just know that because they are our enemies in gvg, maniac fighters, point farmers! Who want to finish the GE, could finish the GE, who's simply lazy to fight sometimes manually would whine here about it! GE must be harder! I never will understand why players want to get everything for free! That makes the game boring! Who already reached AF, spent already a lot of time here, has no more challange, no more techs to unlock etc.! How is it possible to not get bored in short time without real hard challanges??? And whatever you're saying, the GE isn't a hard challange now (and only the 4th difficulty with 16 battles won't be enough challange for a whole week)...

Dude do not take this on the wrong side but i cannot explain to someone that do not want to understand.
I already did my simulations before even talk, you do not know but they use polinominal functions among exponencial functions to calculate A/D(sublinear) and they use some sorte of model probably a pacemaker, so if you did not get this, there really no point to argue with you.
What i do know... it takes more hits to bring down a enemy unit, and yours take way more damage, i assume that you gonna loose 1..2 more units, depending on type of units used, some will be even worst.
Negotiation is not an option, to me fight is fight.