• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Changelog 1.60 - Part #2 - The New Messaging System

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser4792

More Feedback

I've already replied and given my long feedback. Now it's time for a short feedback.

If this is the ONLY thing Inno does before they go live with this system, I'll be OK, but just OK.

GIVE ME MY DELETE BUTTON BACK. I really hope the delete button gets put back in ASAP. Dev's, please do this and I think a lot of the issues people have will go away.

dolphin

Marquis
How does one enter a message to all guild members in the new messenger?

Or is Guild forum to be used in another window?

DeletedUser5799

hi in my original post on this subject , I said that i was broadly ok with the new message system, how ever i thought not every one would feel the same way.

Well it has been quite a few days since i said that and now i have had to evaluate the new system more thoroughly, I have come to the conclusion that the new system is a move in the right direction but still has along way to go.

Players who find it a chore probably ignore the new system, It is more difficult to get help with your trades now than it was with the old system.

One way of making the new system better would be if you leave a message you just did that and there was no record of any one leaving a message , there is no clear reason for this t be recorded, just means space is taken up when it is not necessary

Like others have said it would be easier to follow if any replies gave the players name as was done in the past

Please consider making some changes as i feel that the present format could spoil the game experience for the majority of players.
So for me the new message system could be great just needs tweaking , take away the recording of when some one leaves a message this will save space help to keep messages in chronological order some what ?
many thanks Geeoff

DeletedUser5608

finally i had a message that i can read and respond to (see screenshot) - but how do i visit the player the player requesting the help? i am obviously missing something - no avatar to click on, tried the name, even opened the group info and scrolled down to locate the players name there, but still no link to open their city.
poor fluffy bunny is still waiting for her polish......

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 10.57.05.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 10.57.05.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2752

finally i had a message that i can read and respond to (see screenshot) - but how do i visit the player the player requesting the help? i am obviously missing something - not avatar to click on, tried the name, even opened the group info and scrolled down to locate the players name there, but still no link to open their city.
poor fluffy bunny is still waiting for her polish......
But you do click on the avatar:
o5B1pTU.png

DeletedUser5800

Still don't understand why they haven't changed the brightness after so many complaints. They say they want a less heavy feel to it but when the vast majority tell you to tone it down they seem to put their fingers in their ears while mumbling 'I can't hear you'. The glare is so of putting and with all the other issues not resolved I just cannot understand why this is being rushed onto the live servers.

DISGRACEFUL!!!!

miSc

Steward
In one of my worlds, guild members are now leaving the guild because of this..
Some refuse to even TRY and read the messages as they either find it difficult to read, or confusing to navigate.

But hey! Atleast we got all the mobile and pad users included now, that's great..

DeletedUser5800

But hey! Atleast we got all the mobile and pad users included now, that's great..

If only that was true. I tried the mobile app on android and still no messaging system.

DeletedUser2752

byeordie - if you look at the screenshot i attached above, you will see there were NO avatars to click
There was a bug today where none of the avatars loaded which is when you posted (and it should be fixed now). You could have still clicked where the avatar was suppose to be to access the menu ;)

DeletedUser5864

I would agree with probably about everybody on this thread that the
"... left the Conversation" notification is an extremely annoying feature. Please remove this notification as soon as possible, and preferrably before it goes live on other servers.

I do like the ability to remove oneself from a message - just don't tell all the other receipents all the time. I also like being able to customize better the receivers of a message.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5800

I would agree with probably about everybody on this thread that the
"Leave this conversation" notification is a extremely annoying feature. Please remove this notification as soon as possible, and preferrably before it goes live on other servers.

I do like the ability to remove oneself from a message - just don't tell all the other receipents all the time. I also like being able to customize better the receivers of a message.

To late already live on en server :(

DeletedUser5429

To late already live on en server :(
So we can guess this was not considered to be a bug, or was not considered to be important enough to be fixed.
This is just so plainly stupid it makes me crazy...

DeletedUser5800

I just don't think they give much consideration to feedback. They know best is their philosophy even when they have plenty of feedback to the contrary.

DeletedUser4381

"Feedback that doesn't agree with what you want is simply a case of the person not having enough information, and can therefore be ignored."

I paraphrase, but I used to work with someone who believed the above... Thankfully not for long.

DeletedUser5800

"Feedback that doesn't agree with what you want is simply a case of the person not having enough information, and can therefore be ignored."

I paraphrase, but I used to work with someone who believed the above... Thankfully not for long.

rofl, my blood started to boil when I read the first line until I read your second one and realised that isn't what you believe.

DeletedUser4811

Despite twenty pages of testers stating how bad this new messaging system is, now it is on live servers. I can understand that new messaging system was needed so it could work on mobile devices. But why would anyone decide to implement this half-baked system and place it on live servers, before any of the suggested improvements were included, that boggles the mind. The way it is now, it is not a feature, it's a bug. To include this crap in an update - just because it happens to work on mobiles - is sheer stupidity. I play on several worlds, and each of my guilds there absolutely hates this system. Many players ceased to use it at all. Why didn't this game's devs simply postpone the update, work out the bugs, make this new system actually work, and then update?

Considering that this is not the first time such things happened, I quit this forum. While I do like the idea of throwing in my few cents into what I like and what I don't like, and hopefully see the development of this game proceed, the way I see things here is that most testers are simply wasting their time. What's the point of making suggestions when we end up with crap on live servers that makes playing harder instead of easier.

DeletedUser5902

All Along the Watchfires

There must be some kind of way out of here said the player to the Inno chief
There's too much spamin' -- I can't get no relief
Beta testers blinded by the brightness -- Smart men stupefied
The developers at Inno have lost all sense of pride
No reason to get excited the Inno chief kindly spoke
There are many here among us who know that we are but a joke
And we will put you through all that because we control your fate
So let us all talk falsely now -- The changelog can't be late!