• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Recent balancing able to win each dungeon boss by spending one time 85 :htooth: for 10 health where as with previous balancing 2times using 85 :htooth: is a must for me.

But still, If they reduce :htooth: spending on health like,
85 :htooth: to 60,
45 :htooth: to 30,
5 :htooth: to 15 means, more players get happy (including me), but not sure what dev team think of it. Is that necessary to do? I think it is necessary because 200 :htooth: will be gone easily by picking 4 non-free ability cards each at 50 :htooth: cost. So with 150+250 :htooth: daily, limits our usage of redraw and health potions in one dungeon itself, also cannot over think of spending in another dungeons. It is my understanding for now.

By spending:htooth:1x85, 1x45, 2x5 for health enough to win the boss with new balancing which has extra ability card picking chance. Not yet tried with 0x85, 2x45, 2x5 :htooth: spending combination. Also still trying to see with, 1x85, 1x45, 1x5 :htooth:spending on health to win the dungeon boss.

Need to do some rough :htooth: estimate for buying all 12 ability cards okay or not regarding gold keys progress and :htooth: spending amount per dungeon. Having 8 ability cards are more than enough to win any of the dungeon boss, but :htooth: spending needs big analysis now.

"Another update coming soon" waiting to see what changes might gets modified or added newly.

Daily challenge keys increment, one more ability card selection window, reducing redraw cost are more welcoming changes and now I will enjoy this event and only disliking factor is Stormsphire building in this event.

Can you guys take a poll with beta players to see, how many of them liking the stormsphire building. Design and building stats both are not interesting to me, if all are fine, I will accept the fact. Building reward appearing after winning the fight doesn't boost me for anything which rather makes me feel like one more waste item added to my inventory.

nice2haveu

Baronet
In the minigame, sometime missed to notice the bonus with card type, adding some kind of rotate or blinking animation of those symbols given with bonus and card type can avoid that problem. I know if playing with full focus, it won't be missed, but sometimes happening.

fight_strength_match_up.jpg

For example, card type symbol and opponent card bonus symbol needs to be compared for sure through out the mini-game.
So, adding a small animation might let us not miss the card purpose.
Like,
a) Player card type symbol and opponent bonus value card symbol should animate or blink together.
and
b) Opponent card type symbol and player bonus value card symbol should animate or blink together.

Here, a) and b) should not blink or animate at the same time.
They should blink or animate one after the other.

If not symbols, Card type symbols have the shape border and bonus value symbol kept inside rectangular box border.
So, adding a UI CSS/Style effect to those border at a regular time interval is pretty easy.

It might help some players to understand why they blink or animate together after playing few fights.
This animation no need to be mingled with game settings animations on or off.

I get the impression this was aimed at the Pokemon generation. Like most players I have encountered over many years playing this game, I am way too old to see Picachu as anything other than a cute cartoon. To me, the event makes no sense. I lose more points when my stronger card attacks a weaker one - or do those numbers mean something else? I can't seem to find a simple tutorial that will explain anything - seems to be a habit now to avoid giving any information to the players.

So far I have thousands of teeth in store. This is because while I like the event buildings, I am finding the 'game' to be so boring, I will likely not bother when it goes on the main server. Mindlessly clicking "fight" here is bad enough, but I play a lot of worlds there. I will just find something else to use that time, maybe counting dust motes on the furniture or painting a wall and watching it dry. Can't be any less dull.

Hmm... here's a thought. If the folks who brought us AI could just create a browser add-on that will mindlessly click the button...

CrashBoom

Legend
idea (for the next time such a building is in an event)
for the Stormspire building / upgrades (or in similar situations)

don't offer the kits like now.
instead put higher upgrades in kits with the lower ones & building. so
- building --> still just building
- normal upgrade --> selection kit: building / normal upgrade
- silver upgrade --> selection kit: building / normal upgrade / silver upgrade
- golden upgrade --> selection kit: building / normal upgrade / silver upgrade / golden upgrade

because players don't need higher upgrades if they don't get a building to the level where it can be upgraded

storm.jpg
I can build the base building only 16 times. so why would I need 21 normal upgrades and 18 silver upgrades ?
but if the normal upgrade would be a selection kit I could build and upgrade it 18 times to silver (or higher)

Thunderdome

Emperor
Hmm, I haven't played much and 10k teeth has shown that.

Due to an injury that just came out of the blue (damn you, Osteo-Arthritis, heh heh), I managed to have some time off from my yet busy schedule to play.

My favorites when it comes to cards (most to least):

Thief: I love this card very much as a few of those waiting for the last boss in the dungeon gives keys galore.
Frenzy: The Kamikaze of cards. Takes off 1 HP to deal some moderate damage. Useful past enemy 6.
Heal: For when you don't want to spend teeth in healing.
Vile Renewal: Only useful for gauging the HP of your enemy's unsuspecting soul while stealing some health back (heal).
Soul Sever: Not very useful with earlier enemies, but with higher ones can be set up with other abilities or stronger cards.
Madness: Half base power? More like a dud explosive if you asked me.

And now, the game:

For the first 5 fights (enemies) in a dungeon, I had seen the enemy card hitting for higher or max value while my card hits for RNG + (Bonus Against Weaker Faction), often with a lower value even though it should have been higher if my card is in a stronger faction than the enemy. The cards I used are often ones that are stronger than the faction they are up against (my Werewolf vs the enemy's Vampire). If anything, defense against such faction should be increased and a lower amount should be annotated when it comes to damage received.

I am also with others in suggesting that we should be using the other decks instead of being referred to the same deck we had chosen to go into the previous dungeon run. I should be able to use all three decks before "reset" and pay the required teeth if I wanted to use a deck I had already used in the last runs. This method I encountered shows monotony on Inno's part, and not variety. It should be, for example, using the Vampire deck for the first run, Zombie deck for the second run, and Werewolf deck for the third before suggesting the next faction for the fourth and subsequent dungeon runs. Instead, I got Zombies, Zombies, Vampires, Zombies, and finally, Werewolves. We're already damned by having cards that are not in relation to the deck we had chosen (very little werewolves in the werewolf deck, for example), so let's fix this, shall we?

For now, until morning, I am somewhat pleased with the haul I am taking... just waiting on a day where something of use will come up on the daily special on its own...
1697867243306.png

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
After a few changes to the Halloween event, I ask again: why can the buildings still be motivated? Neither the Stormspire or the Monster Wares Terrors Boutique have an addition because of this!
Yes... this is absolutely out of control - game wide. It's like 1 group in dev isn't talking to another in development, or this isn't being considered in the design scope of work. There needs to be a complete review of aiding priority; it's deeper and more worrisome that players are paying for event upgrades, and are running out of self-aid kits, or mass self aid kits to fix the daily lack of totals aids required or properly directed, or just not done by those that can.

This event just aptly demonstrates the lack of design details - and then compounds the problem...

Monster Terror Boutique doesn't need P/M, but gets it.
Stormspires (all 4 in the family) doesn't need PM but gets it.
Tower of Whispering Horrors doesn't need P/M, but gets it.

Donkey Enclosure and multiple other building need PM, but can't get it .... because....

STUFF that doesn't need it - steals (redirects) it from important buildings that DO need it.

Users doing button push aid, full auto-aid, or paid script functions that 99.8% of FoE user use, cumulatively are trying to help, but have no control over where the aid goes.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy

I'm looking at your list @CrashBoom and am reminded that you have 16 potential NEW buildings that could be placed that might help your game (they help mine, I have about the same number).
However, these 16, if place, are going to now steal what's become "precious" aids away from other important buildings in your city, unless these are removed from the list of buildings that are entitled to get aid.

Placing them give value to your city, but possibly not at the expense of what then may get unaided by the games natural game social processes.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
Winter is coming

that might solve our aid problems :D

I'm not now, nor have even been, a buyer of gaming "FUTURES". That's not a way to fix a problem. We're calling out a flaw in the design, and this one needs review on a strategic level, as well as tactical.

Can we hold out till December (in beta)? Sure...

Ask live members now if they are having trouble getting critical buildings aided, what their self-aid count in inventory is, or their mass self aid count, or how many Chocs or Ketebo's they have making nutcrackers, and/or if they know they have a problem.

Answers will range from: Huh? to --> got that solved months ago.

I know people not accepting friend request solely because they DON'T NEED FRIENDS for aids - they mass self aid each day.

Inno's asking people to PAY (video watching time or Forge+) to auto-aid others, but that doesn't help people get aid back - which is the point of all this.

Quid pro Quo isn't built in to FoE.

Some basic DNA evidence in this game is expressed via building a social fabric that allows things to get done that are mutually beneficial to both parties.

If the mutual aid idea is starting to break down or has broken down, (from lower membership count, boredom doing it, etc), then member MUST take their own cities back and solve their own problem.

Therefore... if you already have millions of tavern silver (that's now basically useless since the tavern has cobwebs on it for buying anything of true value....) and you don't need more, and if not enough total aids are being offered each day by 75 hoodies, 75 guildies, and 140 active friends combined to keep your city fully functional, then...

You don't need friends except for investing FP. Period.

That's the long term view of where this could go.

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
Recent balancing able to win each dungeon boss by spending one time 85 :htooth: for 10 health where as with previous balancing 2times using 85 :htooth: is a must for me.

But still, If they reduce :htooth: spending on health like,
85 :htooth: to 60,
45 :htooth: to 30,
5 :htooth: to 15 means, more players get happy (including me), but not sure what dev team think of it. Is that necessary to do? I think it is necessary because 200 :htooth: will be gone easily by picking 4 non-free ability cards each at 50 :htooth: cost. So with 150+250 :htooth: daily, limits our usage of redraw and health potions in one dungeon itself, also cannot over think of spending in another dungeons. It is my understanding for now.

By spending:htooth:1x85, 1x45, 2x5 for health enough to win the boss with new balancing which has extra ability card picking chance. Not yet tried with 0x85, 2x45, 2x5 :htooth: spending combination. Also still trying to see with, 1x85, 1x45, 1x5 :htooth:spending on health to win the dungeon boss.

Need to do some rough :htooth: estimate for buying all 12 ability cards okay or not regarding gold keys progress and :htooth: spending amount per dungeon. Having 8 ability cards are more than enough to win any of the dungeon boss, but :htooth: spending needs big analysis now.

"Another update coming soon" waiting to see what changes might gets modified or added newly.

Daily challenge keys increment, one more ability card selection window, reducing redraw cost are more welcoming changes and now I will enjoy this event and only disliking factor is Stormsphire building in this event.

Can you guys take a poll with beta players to see, how many of them liking the stormsphire building. Design and building stats both are not interesting to me, if all are fine, I will accept the fact. Building reward appearing after winning the fight doesn't boost me for anything which rather makes me feel like one more waste item added to my inventory.
no, now is balanced enough the event....writing those things will have the opposete effect nerfing again

Dessire

Regent
I'm not now, nor have even been, a buyer of gaming "FUTURES". That's not a way to fix a problem. We're calling out a flaw in the design, and this one needs review on a strategic level, as well as tactical.

Ask live members now if they are having trouble getting critical buildings aided, what their self-aid count in inventory is, or their mass self aid count, or how many Chocs or Ketebo's they have making nutcrackers, and/or if they know they have a problem.

I know people not accepting friend request solely because they DON'T NEED FRIENDS for aids - they mass self aid each day.

Inno's asking people to PAY (video watching time or Forge+) to auto-aid others, but that doesn't help people get aid back - which is the point of all this.

Some basic DNA evidence in this game is expressed via building a social fabric that allows things to get done that are mutually beneficial to both parties.

If the mutual aid idea is starting to break down or has broken down, (from lower membership count, boredom doing it, etc), then member MUST take their own cities back and solve their own problem.

Therefore... if you already have millions of tavern silver (that's now basically useless since the tavern has cobwebs on it for buying anything of true value....) and you don't need more, and if not enough total aids are being offered each day by 75 hoodies, 75 guildies, and 140 active friends combined to keep your city fully functional, then...

I already suggested some ideas to improve the polish/aid other playera system.

1. Allow multiple levels of auto aid up to level 3. Being level 1 the yellow star, level 2 an orange or blue star, and level 3 a red or purple star.

Level 1 doubles common collection like gold and supplies + unlock certain productions which require the building being aid to have them. The level 2 gives you 20% chance to double the total production.

The level 3 gives you 35% chance to double its production. Blue galaxy only doubles base production. So if a building gives you 3 fragments of something, the total max, including blue galaxy, should be 9. In a FPs pack, should be 3 times the pack. In case of FPs, medals and units, we could have a change. Insted of receive double of its production from being aided, we could have an extra of 20% of it's production or at level 3, 35% extra.

You can mass auto aid youtself for level one 1 only and other players must aid/polish/motivate you in order to have level 2 and 3 of aid in a building. You can only have level 2 star in 1 building if you have motivated/polished or aided 1 player 2 times in a row in less than 36 hours. And level 3 of a building if you have aided that same player 3 times in a row in less than 60 hours.

Aidin a player 3 times in less than 60 hours, allow one of your buildings instantly receive the level 3 star if that building already has the level 1 star.

In short, if you have 500 buildings and use mass auto aid or auto aid and if you aid 140 friends + 70 neighbors + 79 guild mates, you could have 289 buildings of 500 with a level 3 star if you have aided those 289 players 3 times in less than 60 hours and if those players aid you in return.

If you delete a player of one player deletes you, you must start again with 1 of those 289 aids again.

2. Have a new great building or one useless great building like the beautiful notredame or habitat (more people + aid logic) to auto aid you 80 buildings per day at level 80 when you collect its daily production. At level 180 = 180 aids, and to give a huge extra reward for the effort, 250 aids at level 200, being 250 the limit.

You only need 16 nutcracker guardhouses. :p

I feel like recently I've been getting more lower (1-2 dmg) cards early on in the game which is great, but I have way too many weak cards in my strong deck against a deck that should be weaker but has a bunch of double dog damaging cards, forcing me to spend several hundred teeth healing myself.

There are also just not enough attacking cards in the deck, you have to buy like 6+ cards and make sure each of those does some kind of damage to the final boss because you ran out of regular cards on #8.

I say we scrap it. It is WAY too complicated for the average user to get or have fun with, they're just going to keep getting pissed off when they die BECAUSE OF A LACK OF DILIGENCE on inno's part. Half donkey'd attempt at a minigame. Does anyone over at inno actually play any card games over there, you don't just throw YOUR card away when the other card can survive an attack. Too many problems, not enough time to fix them before it hits live. Every "improvement" is ten steps back.

Remember, inno turned the entire fellowship event back to st paddies, don't do this by the time it hits live.

Sparkforge can just be sold for scrap, not worth it to build, already see it low price in the AD.

Nisse-X

Merchant

I feel like recently I've been getting more lower (1-2 dmg) cards early on in the game which is great, but I have way too many weak cards in my strong deck against a deck that should be weaker but has a bunch of double dog damaging cards, forcing me to spend several hundred teeth healing myself.

There are also just not enough attacking cards in the deck, you have to buy like 6+ cards and make sure each of those does some kind of damage to the final boss because you ran out of regular cards on #8.

I say we scrap it. It is WAY too complicated for the average user to get or have fun with, they're just going to keep getting pissed off when they die BECAUSE OF A LACK OF DILIGENCE on inno's part. Half donkey'd attempt at a minigame. Does anyone over at inno actually play any card games over there, you don't just throw YOUR card away when the other card can survive an attack. Too many problems, not enough time to fix them before it hits live. Every "improvement" is ten steps back.

Remember, inno turned the entire fellowship event back to st paddies, don't do this by the time it hits live.

Sparkforge can just be sold for scrap, not worth it to build, already see it low price in the AD.

I agree with everything apart from the sentence regarding "Sparkforge" ("Sparkborne Stormspire"), it's not that shabby.

CrashBoom

Legend
in the german forum Juber wrote the Stormspire aid bug (aid for nothing) will be fixed on Monday (but not how)

so I bet they fix it this way: the FP requires the aid o_O
because then the Stormspire aid makes sense because it gives something

and who knows. maybe Mondays update is moved to Tuesday

15 :p
or even less because there will be a second level for it ;)

Kronan

Viceroy

I'm going to disagree on this, too. Let me explain it this way.

A winner's plaza Level 2 or Checkmate Square, in the Iron age is a 5% attack boosting item that's 9 squares big (3x3). Yes, I know it gets more robust in higher eras.

For example in CE, it's 9%, or 1%/square of space it takes.

Now these new Sparky firecrackers that a few are "hating on", are 1 square, give BASE 3%, and can grow as high as 6% with the right upgrade kits. I have a bunch @ 5% and 1 at 6%.

So that's a massive footprint reduction for extra RED SWORD (attack). In that it now needs no road connection, no motivation, and gives a FP too?
It's a fabulous building from the perspective of younger era players. The only thing wrong with it is that it's stealing aids from other buildings.

I think Inno is reportedly going to fix that. I"m being careful what I wish for on what that will cost us .... right crash? @CrashBoom .

Maybe in SAT they're not as desired as high as 6%/square like they are down here in IA. But down here in IA? They shine brightly.