• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

nice2haveu

Baronet
:eek:

Suggestions for this event are still coming up. My wish on getting previous Halloween event is fading out inch by inch:(.

Okay, Receive my share of suggestion (if you guys don't understand, I cannot explain clearly since giving the suggestion like foe dev team how they confused me in this event).

Suggestions are connected to one another,
1) If the fight happens by using witches card and got succeeded, move event progress forward by one point and increase the chance of getting a unique sorcerer icon size card in the event by 5%. Okay, what is sorcerer icon card, point 2 explains it, please continue reading.
2) Remove teeth unlock concept for the dungeons and introduce sorcerer card concept to unlock the dungeons, one more icon size card to this event which can be used to unlock the dungeon instantly. There is a procedure for sorcerer icon card, it will be produced while defeating the enemy card by using the ability cards and to unlock the dungeon instantly, maximum three sorcerer icon cards are needed. If all three sorcerer icon cards are same, dungeon will be unlocked but one bronze key will be added. If two are same, one silver key will be added. If all three sorcerer icon cards are unique, one gold key will be added. Each dungeon should be displayed with 3 slots for sorcerer icon card to place to unlock after daily free usage. In this, daily 3 dungeon free selection doesn't need to be disturbed, it stays as it is.
3) from point 2, Introduce player achievement called 'sorcerers connect', if any player collected three different sorcerers in the same dungeon.
4) If any dungeon boss got defeated and same dungeon got selected again to do the fights means, 'redraw' should be available for free. No teeth, involvement on redraw' button in the same day after defeating the boss in that specific dungeon. This applicable even if it is unlocked by using sorcerer icon card or by some timer malfunction for the dungeons.
5) sorcerer icon cards count and details will be displayed under tactics window in a separate tab.
6) In the same day, if any player defeats the boss of each dungeons maximum 3 times, a total of 9 (3w+3v+3z) dungeons boss, 625 (witches) teeth will be awarded. It is a one time reward for a day.
Too much of positive approach, doesn't match with our development team in the current year. Logically, it won't be happening. Better luck next time.

Miles

Farmer
Thief Card: steal key and chess rewards right away

and here is the question:
does that mean?
a) I get reward but then still need to fight the same opponent and then get reward for that opponent again ?
b) I skip the opponent and get rewards (= one fight less)

The correct option is a. Useful only against the boss if you don't have enough life to survive

Boo...

Baronet
Too much of positive approach, doesn't match with our development team in the current year. Logically, it won't be happening. Better luck next time.
Naturally, this event takes place on live servers.
Naturally!
It doesn't matter what our reaction is.
The big boss decided to spend money on development, now this money must be returned at a profit.
But if there is no profit, then the question arises as to what the money was spent on.
But there will be profit. Many people will spend a lot of diamonds without understanding the intricacies of the game.

Kalliopeia

Farmer
You've responded to the players who complain that the event games are "same old, same old".
You've gone too far IMO and this is too complex, too sophisticated, too full of tactics that one needs to know in advance in order to be able to play effectively.
I'm skipping this event.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
It doesn't matter what our reaction is.
That's totally incorrect and got proven over and over again.
Of course the chances are very low, that the event will be totally scrapped, however your feedback is very important to improve the event. Are there specific things, that make the event less enjoyable? Are there things you are missing? What would you like to see changed? This is important for the developers to know, so they can make a fun and exciting event for you.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
You've responded to the players who complain that the event games are "same old, same old".
You've gone too far IMO and this is too complex, too sophisticated, too full of tactics that one needs to know in advance in order to be able to play effectively.
I'm skipping this event.
This mini game is not complex and it is not overly complicated. The game currency balance is way off. If you push the quest line as far as you can on day one and spend those teeth, you are pretty done with the event. You will get to battle again but the fun is over. That's the big hang-up. Anything is complicated until you learn it but you can't learn it with limited play due to lack of a driving element.

Last edited:

All Free Now

Marquis
Of course the chances are very low, that the event will be totally scrapped, however your feedback is very important to improve the event. Are there specific things, that make the event less enjoyable? Are there things you are missing? What would you like to see changed? This is important for the developers to know, so they can make a fun and exciting event for you.
I have shared my feedback already with the concept of "sorcerers" here. Current event game approach is causing less interest due to using teeth enormously without further action. Hope, team try to see the possibility, by bringing "sorcerers" like myself mentioned earlier comments. I made teeth usage for redraw and health only. Please try to see, if any such work can be made. If not this year, happy to see sorcerer next year too in the Halloween. I spend much time give my suggestion regarding it. I am pretty sure about you read that, but liked or not, I have no idea, since it's a huge change, I agree for it.

It's worth a try to give some time and plan with this logic because the improvisation given based on reducing the disliking part, annoying part, feeling bored in the current event mini-game.

I am okay with any decision, but current event approach going to live as it is giving a sad feeling which I cannot overcome.

Titantropo

Farmer
Too complicated, too stressfull, too time consuming! Events should be fun, and light. Also the whole game shloud be like that! But it's turning quite the opposite! More battles, and more battles, and more battles! PVP+GB+GE+GvsG. Yes, we can negotiate, but we end up spending all mercs. And the question is, we have all 4 activities to do the same. battles, battles, battles!
Returning to the event: it could be a good event, like, as if Boo... said, it was kept simple. For example, everytime we lose a fight, we lose health. Give the cards only attack and that's it. Otherwise, it won't be long and the events will be harder than Dwarf Fortress.

Boo...

Baronet
Juber, I have a deck of cards. MY CARDS! Why do I have to pay to choose the right card? Why am I being offered a random selection in MY CARDS? Why don't I know what cards I choose before the dungeon?

Boo...

Baronet
I'm constantly being offered a random choice.
Maybe you have other scripts available?
If I want to make MY choice, buy it.
If you want to win, buy it.

ABOUT! Idea! Let me pay for everything first and then just play. But, ah, in the beginning I don't have much currency. Do you issue loans?

rex18

Farmer
My simple recommendation (as requested at the very beginning of this forum):
Completely change the concept of this event !
This event cannot be improved by a simple: I hate X, do Y.

This is why I don't enjoy the event:
In the first 24 hours (1th problem) I completed all the available quests (which were quite easy) and got enough teeth. I tried spending those teeth in different ways and was looking for the right strategy. I killed the boss three times, maybe four times. However, I did not find a clearly correct strategy. But I spent on exploring strategy all my teeth (2nd problem) . And in addition I spent about 500 diamonds.
Since then I just click and get killed (3rd problem). And once every two or three days I play one (only one!) dungeon. So I don't actually play anymore.
Plus - I'm currently in the silver league, so the vast majority of other players are even worse off.
Do you call that an Event? Do you call this a game???

CrashBoom

Legend
the event goes live in 2-3 weeks

so the only thing they can change in that time would: how much teeth we get or how much things cost

:rolleyes:

My simple recommendation (as requested at the very beginning of this forum):
Completely change the concept of this event !
This event cannot be improved by a simple: I hate X, do Y.
but maybe it brings back the old halloween next year ;)

Plus - I'm currently in the silver league, so the vast majority of other players are even worse off.
the league doesn't show how successful the players are in the dungeons
only how many keys they spend

and I guess many wait for a good daily special and until that only open one golden chest daily

Boo...

Baronet
Why do the developers give us a very short announcement before such a new event, and the players spend their time explaining? Why?
Let's all go watch the video MooingCat.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Why do the developers give us a very short announcement before such a new event,
Events on beta are always only announced shortly before release. This is because especially for beta, the release date is not set in stone and could always change. They are only announce once we are certain, they will be launches on the announced day.

Boo...

Baronet
Events on beta are always only announced shortly before release. This is because especially for beta, the release date is not set in stone and could always change. They are only announce once we are certain, they will be launches on the announced day.
I'm talking about something else. MooingCat tries to explain how to play and help. And in your ad... you know what’s there.

HardWire

Merchant
Juber, have you/are you playing this event? I am curious because the problems are blatantly obvious. Bottom line is that it takes too many teeth to do well.
Fight fight fight, spend teeth to heal, fight fight, more teeth. Change card is the only strategy and it costs teeth. Make it to the boss, oops, out of teeth.
I don't post much, I do read the event feedback threads for the first week, then it becomes tedious repetition of the same complaints. But there is some good entertainment value here in the complaining about all events. Usually it is due to poor play, but I find most complaints on this event are justified. I am okay just clicking through and just get what I get for this event.
There was one post that was hilarious and deserves a repeat:
Vic.Vicious: "MooingCat, they call you a legend........I am too. Vic Vicious has made a permanent stamp in FOE history! That cherry garden was all me. The start of fp mining! I belong here!"
Solid gold right there!
Dude, if you gotta declare you are a legend, You are obviously NOT a legend. You are just bragging.

joyfulrider

Squire
Every event mini-game has repeated actions but why most of the players hating this Halloween event very much. Made me thinking more than a day.

For a small comparison, st.patrick event has more painful repeating action when compared to this halloween event, but why hate this very much.

I am assuming these might be the reasons,

Unlock dungeons - teeths
Ability cards - teeths
Redraw - teeths
Health potion - teeth

Everything with teeth, but st.patrick event doesn't rely on single item, It has shamrock and pots of gold. So, keeping single item for entire event might be the biggest mistake in this event which has continuous repeating action and no mechanism in the event mini-game to obtain teeths by playing the mini-game. It will be retrieved with quest and incidents generally by the player (excluding purchase concept for now).

I don't think any improvisation can make the current mini-game more satisfactory without reducing the usage of teeths in it. It's a hard time for developers to revisit this event, they thought like delivered one masterpiece of mini-game with interesting design and concept. Somewhat true but the game is not giving the feel of playing it joyfully.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
Juber, have you/are you playing this event? I am curious because the problems are blatantly obvious. Bottom line is that it takes too many teeth to do well.
Fight fight fight, spend teeth to heal, fight fight, more teeth. Change card is the only strategy and it costs teeth. Make it to the boss, oops, out of teeth.

You're not supposed to fight all 3 dungeons to the end every day. You can do most dungeons without teeth (just fight until you die), and complete something like 7-8 dungeons, and this should be enough to reach 1000 advancement in the Grand Prizes.
This is the fun part, elaborating a strategy, and I think I'm liking this event more and more.