• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2023

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
soccer_2023_logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Wednesday, June 28th, the Soccer Cup returns. Lead your players to victory!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Soccer or Football, that is the question!" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I do not like the cluttered visuals.

- Although the "players" are a big visual part they only give the minor information about the parts type/color - most of the tile is wasted on the least important property, as tiles/players of different color can not be merged anyway!

- in anniversary, there were a different number of gems (depending on level) on the tile and there was a decent visual clue on the parts level - this is now replaced with the stars - although the number of stars is quite distinct, it is kind of drowned by the big blob of color with no essential info (PS: also, the stars of neighboring tiles tend to blend together visually, when both are high level)> maybe make the player icon different sizes in addition to the stars?

- the left and right differentiation is horrible - you have to look multiple times to prevent erroneous merging of same badge parts - the differentiation in the anniversary event with the key handle and key tip was much clearer > change from left+right pieces to Border+filling pieces maybe?

- also I do not quite like the net for marking the "locked" players - it does not feel distinct enough in comparison to the anniversary event's original variant

1687894496808.png1687894516930.png

Last edited:
So is this anniversary event 2.0 ???

The spawn button doesn't even have the yellow diamond, making it seem it will only spawn orange and blue pieces.

I don't like how all the events are using the same mechanics over and over again. The original soccer game used some strategy (well the original that had some chance you could win against better players to get even more points), why did you scrap it??

It doesn't make any sense from real life footballs game that any players are "immobile".

Last edited:

Goldra

Marquis
50% fp or 50% blueprints... This two things arent in the same balance, so i hope the quantity of fp would be high, over 35 fp.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Another visual thing:
I do not like the placement of the locked tiles - in anniversary they always were on the border, here the locked tiles seem to be in a checkerboard pattern and the newly spawned tiles are in between them

I guess that comes from the idea of the tiles being players and those being arranged on the field "logically" (in view of playing soccer) - but in that case the players should at least be sorted by type (defenders left, midfielders middle, attackers right) ;)

SirAlucard

Steward
The idea to scrap the old football event was okay, IMO. The football event was getting old, true, but still good and playable. And the league mechanics made sense. But to use instead the unliked mechanics of the anniversary event is bad. I mean, how much negative feedback does INNO need to understand, that their playerbase doesn't like these mechanics? And what does this have to do with football? Who thought, that, after all the negative feedback, it would be a good idea to reuse the worst event mechanic again in a event? And at this point we got the St. Patricks Day event two times, the winter event two times and now also the anniversary event two times. What's next? And where did the devs with good ideas go?

On a positive note, I like the graphics of the new building and the new upgrades. The designer team does an incredible job, with most of these event buildings.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I actually liked the Anniversary event. The fact that there were elements to keep an eye on made it challenging.
What ruins this event is that it is too difficult to see. The right and left parts don't work as well as the half keys, my brain sees them as the same.
The stars are ok, but the green grass background together with the dull colors of the elements gives a very boring picture in relation to the Anniversary Event.