• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

CrashBoom

Legend
The last time is what period?
The fact is that last summer I digressed from the balance of the treasury to the guild fields, and this year I discovered an imbalance...

But, the topic of goods balance goes beyond the discussion of siege buildings. I think they will punish me if I start writing in more detail.
or randomness just hates you :D

The fact is that last summer I digressed from the balance of the treasury to the guild fields, and this year I discovered an imbalance...

But, the topic of goods balance goes beyond the discussion of siege buildings. I think they will punish me if I start writing in more detail.
So, start a new thread. I agree with @Juber. I'm a FOE statistics junkie and have seen no change in either the amount of goods won in GBG or the mix of the goods. I'd be very interested to learn about the "imbalance" that you refer to.

CrashBoom

Legend
I just drew your attention to the fact that you are discussing only what is announced. But, changes are carried out without announcements.
obviously people like me are only discussing what is announced

because people like you pretend that there are unannounced changes
but when asked what was changed then you hide behind the fake excuse: I get punished if I tell it

so keep the secret for yourself :rolleyes:

Beta King

Viceroy

Don't worry there is whistleblowers protection here in the beta forum and we will protect you from retaliation of the mods. Carry on and explain your findings.

Boo...

Baronet
Ok...
The number of goods on GBG does not match the number of players in eras. I will give one example, but, in 2023, this always happens. Moreover, the excess accents are really random.
When this happened, I don't know.
Previously, instock % was equal to guildmember %.
Снимок экрана 2023-05-21 160131.jpg

Boo...

Baronet
The simplest answer is not to build everything on 3000 products. Don't play the whole map.
This is the result of an imbalance in goods.
There is no need to rebalance the capabilities of the Watchtower and Guild Battlefield Siege Camp. Just changed the balance of goods.

.Chris

Baronet
Ok...
The number of goods on GBG does not match the number of players in eras. I will give one example, but, in 2023, this always happens. Moreover, the excess accents are really random.
When this happened, I don't know.
View attachment 9666
Your sample size is too small to expect a meaningful result.
Keep those statisitics going and in time the real numbers will approach the expected numbers --> Law of Large Numbers

.Chris

Baronet
Even worse, because then I understood it wrong ^^
I thought he was listing the goods requirements for all sectors with building slots.

If those are the numbers for all the SCs they built they're pretty nice.
We had sectors (or multiple sectors) with Slots requiring 2500+ of one good -> horrendous demand for that good while others where negligible ^^

Boo...

Baronet
Your sample size is too small to expect a meaningful result.
Keep those statisitics going and in time the real numbers will approach the expected numbers --> Law of Large Numbers
New stats for each season. I collect it. You can also collect it if you are interested.
It is only necessary to rewrite all the goods in all sectors on the map.
The numbers above are goods on the entire map, in open and closed sectors. It's not what we built. These are the items you need.

CrashBoom

Legend
New stats for each season. I collect it. You can also collect it if you are interested.
It is only necessary to rewrite all the goods in all sectors on the map.
The numbers above are goods on the entire map, in open and closed sectors. It's not what we built. These are the items you need.
not necessary

according to you:
the result it is not equal to the % of the players of the ages
so we would get the same result

and almost all players would expect that because most think goods distributation is random

the only interesting part would be the past that we can't check anymore
that would mean:
goods for siege camps weren't random in the past
the costs were exactly calculated for the whole map to get exact that result

Boo...

Baronet
Dear CrashBoom, I do not talk about the expectations, feelings of certain people. I take statistics and draw conclusions. Yes, my conclusions may be wrong. But, this is not a discussion of expectations.
Yes, before it was possible to accurately calculate future costs, and based on this, develop the guild. Now this is more difficult to do.
Once again, back to the beginning - I wanted to draw your attention to the fact that GBG has ALREADY been changed.

CrashBoom

Legend
Yes, before it was possible to accurately calculate future costs, and based on this, develop the guild. Now this is more difficult to do.
just wondering:
you then build all siege camps the same amount of time during a season ?

because I would think even if the costs are even distributed on the whole map that wouldn't mean all goods are eqally spend during a season
because I would think that siege camps in sectors in the middle would been build more often than the siege camp on the outer cirlce

Emberguard

Emperor
It's hard for me to understand, I'm writing through a translator.
The image you posted uses the word “instock”. I want to know what that represents

and almost all players would expect that because most think goods distributation is random
Yes. Because the devs stated it would be weighted random during its development phase.

Edit:
Random goods for buildings could be a problem for many guilds.

We believe that as costs are randomized there will always be something that guilds can build; having looked at guild inventories, we've seen that a lot of guilds have a lot of goods from a lot of eras so we're not anticipating this to be a problem. It should also help bring relevance to the goods of lower level eras for higher level users.

Post in thread 'Battlegrounds - Province Buildings'
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...legrounds-province-buildings.10911/post-89384
We have received a lot of feedback regarding the goods that each guild needs to use to build province buildings in a Battleground map, so the distribution of costs for province buildings will be changed as following in the next season:
  • Only the eras that are represented in a guild will determine the costs of province buildings.
    • If a guild has two members, one in Iron Age and one in Colonial Age, then only goods of Iron Age and Colonial Age will ever be asked for.
  • The distribution takes into account the weighting of represented eras.
    • If a guild has mostly members of Space Age Mars, then it's most likely to see Space Age Mars goods as costs

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
thanks @Emberguard

but
The distribution takes into account the weighting of represented eras.
  • If a guild has mostly members of Space Age Mars, then it's most likely to see Space Age Mars goods as costs
still includes randomness
only with different percentages ("most likely" sounds random)

and according to the stats posted above that happens
the more players in an age the higher the amount needed (with random variance)

like Alcatraz; if 4 of 5 military buildings are rogue hideouts then the chance for rogues will be 80%
but that doesn't mean that exactly 80 of the next 100 units are rogues

Boo...

Baronet
If you press the D key on the keyboard on the GBG, then we will see the number of slots in each sector. If we look at the goods in each sector, summarize them by era, then we get “instock”.
Sorry, it's hard for me to find the right terms without knowing the language.
The image you posted uses the word “instock”. I want to know what that represents

Yes. Because the devs stated it would be weighted random during its development phase.

Edit:

Post in thread 'Battlegrounds - Province Buildings'
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...legrounds-province-buildings.10911/post-89384