• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Emberguard

Emperor
Has GE Guild Power been updated modernized yet or is still the slowest way to level a guild?
For the sake of adding context to the request;
  • What age is your Guild Members in
  • What size Guild
  • Is the Guild completing 64 / 64 encounters each week?
  • Roughly how many Crowns does that acquire?
    • What ballpark range of Crowns would you prefer to see for that amount of effort?
Guild Expedition provides Guild Power based on member activity + Age of each individual member. Higher the Age of the member, higher the amount given.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I ran the numbers! If you want to get any of the normal GE buildings (not any of the Level 5 stuff), you are essentially better off leveling a ToR. If you only play GE 4, you need a level 24 ToR to get more of every type of building from GE than the selection kits, and only level 19 if you play all of GE 5.
GE 4 Buildings.png
GE 5 Buildings.png

With how low the level of ToR needed is, I would suggest using the ToR to get the base buildings, and relying on the selection kits only for the upgrades. They're too rare in their current implementation to waste on the base buildings.

CrashBoom

Legend
after introducing fragments of "store building" in GEx:
we definitely also need an event building which produce them :rolleyes:

and what is also still missing in this game
fragments of the "boost crate" o_O

CrashBoom

Legend
I ran the numbers! If you want to get any of the normal GE buildings (not any of the Level 5 stuff), you are essentially better off leveling a ToR. If you only play GE 4, you need a level 24 ToR to get more of every type of building from GE than the selection kits, and only level 19 if you play all of GE 5.

With how low the level of ToR needed is, I would suggest using the ToR to get the base buildings, and relying on the selection kits only for the upgrades. They're too rare in their current implementation to waste on the base buildings.
and next week as part of the GE update
ToR will produce 90 fragments of the selection kit instead of one full building

Boo...

Baronet
It's NOT just diamonds, @SirAlucard. It's a whole game recalibration of moving up through the eras. You're very used to getting Reno Kits, and One up kits and even store buildings as FINISHED products.

Now, you have to plan very differently on when you can level up, and what needs to be lifted in era with you. Your supply of any of these essential items will gate your era up progress.

Since they're now fragmented, it's going to take you a LOT longer to accumulate them to be fully usable. GE was a major source of these game-important materials, along with the TOR.

People better start planning for what's coming, and what they want to do in this regard.

BY all means - do NOT continue to sell ANY of these. As usable FULLY ASSEMBLED tools in your inventory their value to your game just skyrocketed.

No disrespect, but I think Inno doesn't have employee players that deeply and intimately know their game like we collectively do. That can lead to a very myopic vision of how small changes can impact the player population.

The braintrust here in the player population could help them realize omissions in their strategy. They may be too proud to ask before they commit resources to build or change things.
While you are planning for several years, new changes will be introduced, or a complete random.

CrashBoom

Legend
Why not throw in a small chance of Next Era goods in encounters? Balancing mght be:
  • 10 Previous Era Goods at 30%
  • 10 Goods at 50%
  • 20 Goods at 15%
  • 5 Next Era Goods at 5%
or add next era goods to one of the level 5 buildings

maybe level 3 serpent statue: add 5 goods next era
or change the serpent feathers from 20 goods to 10 goods, 10 goods next era

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
or add next era goods to one of the level 5 buildings

maybe level 3 serpent statue: add 5 goods next era
or change the serpent feathers from 20 goods to 10 goods, 10 goods next era
The only thing that would accomplish is reduced trading. The whole idea of giving next era goods anywhere in the game is flawed

CrashBoom

Legend
The only thing that would accomplish is reduced trading. The whole idea of giving next era goods anywhere in the game is flawed
actually it would increase trading :rolleyes:

in my guilds over 95% of the trades are just 1:2 down trades

people like giving only 1 to get 2
because 1 is produced faster than 2

so they then will also trade 1 of next age for 2 of their age o_O

ergo: even more 1:2 downtrading :p

Depending GE L5 and the % boost for defending army of player and opponent :
1) it would be cool that 1st encounter the values of opponent are equal of that of the player ! So if a player has (let's say) 126% att & 450% def, the opponent has the same.
2) then for the 2nd encounter the % of opponent going up a little bit, like +3% (example!) more att /def ... and so further. That way GE L5 will STAY for always a nice challenge!! But by starting not too difficult so players can have a learn curve, knowing that each battle include 2 waves with each 8 opponents, it's already a challenge. But let the % not go that high difference with the players % that it become impossible.
3) with this kind of scaling it will be a challenge, also for advanced players who already have a big defenders army boost!
4) And players can't cheat by using units of much higher ages, just their own current age units are possible (like GvG)
5) A defender postition can be taken, but just only 1 at the time. Defenders boost from Friend's Tavern is possible and say more : create also a Attackers boost in this Tavern for your defending army would be very cool !!
6) I believe this way it's fair for every player, it will stay as a nice challenge for always because the % boost is scaled on the personal boost of each individual player! And this way it's also not an abrupt shock after finishing GE L4.
7) One last thing : it will also be cool if the opponents on each encounter are a bit randomized ! So that it's each week not the exactly the same (that become boring on the long run!)

Just my suggestions what/how I like to see GE L5 coming up

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
1) it would be cool that 1st encounter the values of opponent are equal of that of the player ! So if a player has (let's say) 126% att & 450% def, the opponent has the same.
2) then for the 2nd encounter the % of opponent going up a little bit, like +3% (example!) more att /def ... and so further.
So there is no need to question your city, the difficulty is reduced by eliminating the effort to be made.
You might as well turn the fights around and directly put a "collect the reward" button to replace the "auto attack" button of the first 4 levels.

Adrienne

Farmer
2) then for the 2nd encounter the % of opponent going up a little bit, like +3% (example!) more att /def ... and so further.

I am in PE and yesterday fought to halfway on lvl5 .. and on first encounter my att/def lvls were much higher than my opponents .. and the opponent att/def DID increase on each further encounter .... at the halfway stage we are now level ... I did build att forts at every encounter in order save troops .. and will see how much further I can get today as the stats rise ... I don't think I would have got this far already if our att/def lvls had been equal from the first encounter

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Can't wait for fragments of blueprints
Don't bring them on funny ideas. In Elvenar they have such a system if I remember correctly. If I'm not mistaken it takes each level of a GB equivalent goods and full set of BD's to level.
Depending GE L5 and the % boost for defending army of player and opponent :
2) then for the 2nd encounter the % of opponent going up a little bit, like +3% (example!) more att /def ... and so further. That way GE L5 will STAY for always a nice challenge!! But by starting not too difficult so players can have a learn curve, knowing that each battle include 2 waves with each 8 opponents, it's already a challenge. But let the % not go that high difference with the players % that it become impossible.
3) with this kind of scaling it will be a challenge, also for advanced players who already have a big defenders army boost!
4) And players can't cheat by using units of much higher ages, just their own current age units are possible (like GvG)
5) A defender postition can be taken, but just only 1 at the time. Defenders boost from Friend's Tavern is possible and say more : create also a Attackers boost in this Tavern for your defending army would be very cool !!
6) I believe this way it's fair for every player, it will stay as a nice challenge for always because the % boost is scaled on the personal boost of each individual player! And this way it's also not an abrupt shock after finishing GE L4.
7) One last thing : it will also be cool if the opponents on each encounter are a bit randomized ! So that it's each week not the exactly the same (that become boring on the long run!)

Just my suggestions what/how I like to see GE L5 coming up
Adaptive hostile army buffing would surely be an interesting concept. Though a far more simple approach is like Ancient Egypt: no player buffs from main city. Lore reasons can be that your army is cut off supplies. Since the logistics are constrained as you've pushed too deep into the jungle. Giving each new encounter more buff but still offering the fortifications/garrisons. To reinforce your units. The challenge will be the same across the board. Except various ages' meta difficulty varies.

fgony

Farmer
I completed 64/80 encounters and I still get daily task do 5 negos on GE not automatically completed. Is that normal/intented ?

Please, I never said my suggestion/ideas are "The best ideas" !! I'm just "brainstorming" a lot !! In the hope other players that are here on beta forum also start giving suggestions, the more, the better (do a brainstorming for example!) ... And that's always better than just complaining complaining complaining a lot...that brings us nowhere I strongly believe !

One "detail" of a suggestion can maybe bring Inno developer's up to fresh new ideas ... or a few pieces of one bigger idea ...bringing them together with one piece of another players idea ...to get a final nice concept !! ;-)
Most idea's I've given I find most stupid if I re-read them afterwards :oops: ...
But I believe NO IDEA is too stupid to write down !
Great or small Investments in the world are probably also born out of a lot of brainstorming combined with coincidences ... whatever ... :)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@softly explorer : you have to discuss but also understand that if a player does not share your ideas it is not aggression but a constructive exchange.

From my point of view only, I think it is urgent to wait.
Let's give time to new things in GE before believing that we all have the solution or at least a viable solution.

We must discuss, identify what shocks us and if possible propose a feasible substitution.

So for my part, I will not touch level 5, I need a few weeks to identify the improvements.
At this time, I deem level 5 to be a bonus level that should not be counted towards daily challenges or event quests.
I also think the shards at levels 1-4 need to be rebalanced. Not only must they all be on the same basis (200 or 500) fragments necessary for everything and not once 15, once 30, once 100, once 200, once 360, once 720,...
I also believe that all players finishing level 4 should not earn less fragments than the acquisition of the building that was won before 1 time out of 2.

I appreciate the removal of medals and victory laps and (here I'm going to get booed) the significant drop in diamond earnings.
The diamond must recover its rarity value to prevent Inno from imposing more and more winnings on us in exchange for direct money.
On this subject, I even hope that the pooling of diamonds on all worlds should be reviewed. So yes, diamond farms will be penalized, but they are just ghost towns for neighbors or guild members.

For level 5, even if I will not modify my city to lose tiles in favor of useless blue %s, I will wait and see if Inno at least modifies the % of the last castles. I would have preferred battles of the type of the Egyptian colony, where no % of the city is taken into account, nor even the GBs, to return to the basis of the battles.
Or a mix of fights and negotiations. First wave in combat and second wave in negotiation, this will give strategic research to each city.

Finkadel

Marquis
I know I stated previously I like fragments... But now I live in fragmented hell. My inventory is just mess on a mess on a mess. How long will you be pushing that idea? What will you put next into fragments? Goods packages?!

Stop this mess, I am drowning in fragments!

And, so you know, removing great deal of diamonds from GE won't help you sell them. Players who used them in GBG or for putting more place in their cities or for healing troops - they still won't buy them... So no gain for you, only harm for hard playing players who kept guilds working together. They will stop playing GE, then GBG, because for what? And then stop playing this time consuming game and place interest somewhere else... And then paying customers will go away, because there won't be anyone to compete with year after year...

Smooth move, Inno, smooth move.

I appreciate the removal of medals and victory laps and (here I'm going to get booed) the significant drop in diamond earnings.
The diamond must recover its rarity value to prevent Inno from imposing more and more winnings on us in exchange for direct money.
On this subject, I even hope that the pooling of diamonds on all worlds should be reviewed. So yes, diamond farms will be penalized, but they are just ghost towns for neighbors or guild members.
I think that this may have been the case a few years ago but became much less so once the Wishing Well drought started about 2 years ago. I have 4 diamond farms and all of them get most of their diamonds from GE. All are in guilds and contribute to the extent necessary to meet guild requirements. None are "ghost towns". Given the scarcity of WWs (and the looming scarcity of FoYs), GE diamond farms are likely to surpass traditional diamond farms (if they haven't already). Pooling of diamonds across worlds should continue.