• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Kronan

Viceroy
it is for battles not for attacking
so it should work in level 5 (I have not tested it yet)
Kraken never works on city defense - it's for attacking army. But we should confirm that for GE 5, yes.

I watched the posted video (@-ScytheNinjAlin-) and maybe I missed it, but I never saw his Kraken give him any help when he did GE 5 on the video. (reasoning: He may have used up all his charges on 1-4 previous to 5...)

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Kraken never works on city defense - it's for attacking army. But we should confirm that, yes. My city in live gets attacked frequently, and my Kraken is near 100% - and it never ever helps me defend the city.
but GE level 5 isn't city defense :p
it only uses city defense boosts ;)

so if Kraken and Virgo won't work in level 5 they MUST change/adjust the description

Emberguard

Emperor
Kraken never works on city defense - it's for attacking army.

Kraken and Virgo still works on Level 5. Your army is still facing from left as if it were attacking. It's not facing from the defenders side at all. It's using defenders stats, but it's behaving as a attacker

Even if it were using Defending Army mechanics, the only reason Kraken and Virgo haven't worked on Defense was due to (a) player feedback and (b) it being against other players and therefore too strong to compete against. For Lvl 5 I see no balancing reason for them to be excluded here

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
After a development more and more focused on "Pay-to-win", after the game parts of which a majority of players do not have the possibility of playing (GvG), now Inno has worked for many months to offer a level that will only be played by 50 to 100 players per world?
Soon a GB that will only be accessible for players living in a city of less than 100 people?
Or GbGs that will only be playable every day from 6:53 AM to 7:16 AM?

Kronan

Viceroy
@CrashBoom and @Emberguard

Fair enough... thanks for the correction. Glad to see confirmation on the Kraken working in GE 5. Used correctly, that can help mitigate some of the hardness (although from reports on playing it here, it's not as much as 8 on 7 in live...)

SO ... who goes first on the battlefield? You with your defensive stats, or the the Computer AI?

Is "all this is" is offensive positioning and offensive features, but just with city defensive stats instead of attacking stats?

Last edited:

Finkadel

Marquis
The more I think about it, the more I start to feel that this is some kind of marketing trick.

Come up with something outrageous / shocking, make the community boil over it in the forums, discord, whatever and then come and slash those ridiculous army stats in half or even more and paint yourself as a game developer who actually listens to his community.
I said that at least year back :) This is so much disgusting strategy, I have no other words for it. Words not ending with permaban, at least.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
SO ... who goes first on the battlefield? You with your defensive stats, or the the Computer AI?
When I use the exact same army as the opponent, I go first

This screenshot is the first turn. No one from either side has moved yet

image.png

sorry I didn't mention that most of these 200 diamonds I spent on buying an extra attempts, because our guild opened the 2-5 levels too late and I just wanted to go through it as faster as I can. Didn't want to waste my medals, since the diamonds are free every event.
So if we talk about 5th level only - with an extra turn from the tavern I just needed 2-3 times to buy an extra turn by diamonds (I failed to solve the negotiations with the 4 turns 2 or 3 times).
on real servers, the diamonds are NOT free currency !!
you all must give feedback with THAT in mind, and considering that 5 lvl EG, on real servers, not here !
i think that eg level 5, considering all that i have learn here, is a failure, even because of the great costs [individual or guild], I think not many guilds will open that level 5 to be completed in the GE

Kronan

Viceroy
After a discussion on "how this GE 5 approach works" I think we're circling the wagons around this. Thanks to @Emberguard, @CrashBoom , @-ScytheNinjAlin- for their contributions to this summation:

In GE 5, you're still fighting from the "LEFT" side of the battlefield, like you do for all other fighting venues (except your own direct city defense when, in the replay, your defending army is on the right side of the screen...)

For GE 5 - You retain all the offense positive things you're accustomed to using to help you in your attacking battles, such as

1. Help from your AO
  2. Help from your charged Kraken
  3. Help from your charged Virgo
  4. The ability to still use all the special warrior skills that enable them to do cool stuff: Go first on the battlefield, etc.

The only difference in GE 5 vs ALL OTHER FoE fighting venues is that your warriors use your CITY DEFENSE BOOSTS, vs your ATTACKING Army boosts.

GE 5 in a nutshell: You keep your OFFENSE positive buildings and warrior skills help, but use CITY DEFENDER boosts.

Arwaren

Squire
After a discussion on "how this GE 5 approach works" I think we're circling the wagons around this. Thanks to @Emberguard, @CrashBoom , @-ScytheNinjAlin- for their contributions to this summation:

In GE 5, you're still fighting from the "LEFT" side of the battlefield, like you do for all other fighting venues (except your own direct city defense when, in the replay, your defending army is on the right side of the screen...)

For GE 5 - You retain all the offense positive things you're accustomed to using to help you in your attacking battles, such as

1. Help from your AO
  2. Help from your charged Kraken
  3. Help from your charged Virgo
  4. The ability to still use all the special warrior skills that enable them to do cool stuff: Go first on the battlefield, etc.

The only difference in GE 5 vs ALL OTHER FoE fighting venues is that your warriors use your CITY DEFENSE BOOSTS, vs your ATTACKING Army boosts.

GE 5 in a nutshell: You keep your OFFENSE positive buildings and warrior skills help, but use CITY DEFENDER boosts.
But that's what the announcement says. From the beginning, it is said that the change is only about changing the stats. Just to make this level much more difficult.

Summary​

Guild Expedition level 5 will follow a similar format as previous levels, but with a twist! Similarly to previous levels, there will be 16 encounters for you to conquer, but on this level your army will be using the City defense boost instead of the attacking army boost. (...) This will use your city's defensive army bonuses instead of your attacking army bonuses. (...)
It is written directly that it's about bonuses, not that we will play a defensive army.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
But that's what the announcement says. From the beginning, it is said that the change is only about changing the stats. Just to make this level much more difficult.

It is written directly that it's about bonuses, not that we will play a defensive army.

From a teacher's perspective, I can interpret what they wrote differently. Accurate communications in a multi-lingual environment is a skill. It's not always achieved. I made asumptions about "who still goes first on the battlefield", that needed correction. It was never delineated or elucidated. Now it is.

Following a similar format to many means - it looks and feels the same as GE 1-4. and there is some confusion in my mind what other things continue to work around "attacking bonuses" and "city defense". I wanted exact clarity, so I gathered other impressions, distilled them, fixed my own wrong impressions, and delivered (shared) what I hope is a simple, yet accurate expansion of the right answers.

I wrote that to help myself understand it, and posted it because somethings aren't clear to other people either.

maksomi

Farmer
This forum reminds me of a garden of stones, toxic stones! They are immovable! They've sunk into the ground! They do not want to move and develop!
It is clear that the stats of the defense army are overestimated, and they need to be fixed, to collect defense in Jupiter in order to resist 2569 is possible only by breaking the floor of the city!
But I don't understand the cry of some people, they think that top content should be available to everyone on auto attack! There is not enough goods, so put more goods buildings, and do not focus only on GbG! Now you have to pay more attention to the balance of the city!
On a real server, I have enough goods with a margin to pass GE5, every week
I like the concept of INNO, it breaks the tired principles of the game, it refreshes it

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
This forum reminds me of a garden of stones, toxic stones! They are immovable! They've sunk into the ground! They do not want to move and develop!
It is clear that the stats of the defense army are overestimated, and they need to be fixed, to collect defense in Jupiter in order to resist 2569 is possible only by breaking the floor of the city!
But I don't understand the cry of some people, they think that top content should be available to everyone on auto attack! There is not enough goods, so put more goods buildings, and do not focus only on GbG! Now you have to pay more attention to the balance of the city!
On a real server, I have enough goods with a margin to pass GE5, every week
I like the concept of INNO, it breaks the tired principles of the game, it refreshes it
Glad to know, it was refreshing for you. But few questions are there based on it,
What was the top content in GE5? and why it should not available to everyone?
(They did some wonderful feature change and it should be available to everyone.
If the entire GEx levels 1-5, changed into defense boost means, most welcoming and refreshing approach for me.
GBG on one end using Attack boost, and GEx using defense boost, fair choice rite.
What was the egoistic reason for making the feature only available to players who are already strong)

maksomi

Farmer
Glad to know, it was refreshing for you. But few questions are there based on it,
If the entire GEx levels 1-5, changed into defense boost means, most welcoming and refreshing approach for me.
GBG on one end using Attack boost, and GEx using defense boost, fair choice rite.
What was the egoistic reason for making the feature only available to players who are already strong)
There is fitness, and there is sport of the highest achievements! And it is available only for those who set goals for themselves and achieve! 9 billion people do not participate in the Olympics, such is life! It's the same here!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The reason for it is because the already-strong players are the ones who need a new challenge. And that wouldn't happen for many of them if it was just more attack boosts required, so they're using defense.

Changing the prior 4 levels to now use defense would not be welcomed by less-strong players, because you'd be taking away something they could previously do - that they'd built to be able to do. It would offer better continuity if we were talking about a 100% brand new feature but only GE5 is new, there's less of a reason to expect you should be able to do it immediately.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
There is fitness, and there is sport of the highest achievements! And it is available only for those who set goals for themselves and achieve! 9 billion people do not participate in the Olympics, such is life! It's the same here!
Is this game giving you any salary or lifetime benefit for family growth or job or university rank or appreciation. Aren't you playing for fun and entertainment?
In Olympics, no one gets directly allowed to participate. There are step by step approach to represent their country. It's not individual task, many people work involved in it. The coach, training, sports academy evaluation, fitness, physical strength, skill etc. all clubbed together to meet a biggest achievement for their country. Don't bring those for comparison here.

All I am asking is to make the GE1-5 level with defense boost, it will make everyone steady their defense boost step by step. Now it is not like that, Strong players who have attack boost to finish GE4 can only attempt GE5 with defense boost. How come this is appreciative?

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
The reason for it is because the already-strong players are the ones who need a new challenge. And that wouldn't happen for many of them if it was just more attack boosts required, so they're using defense.

Changing the prior 4 levels to now use defense would not be welcomed by less-strong players, because you'd be taking away something they could previously do - that they'd built to be able to do. It would offer better continuity if we were talking about a 100% brand new feature but only GE5 is new, there's less of a reason to expect you should be able to do it immediately.
Without giving to less strong players, cannot determine like they don't want it.
We are not taking anything away from anyone by bringing prior levels of GE also with defense boost.
It's a revamp, and people will adapt to the change accordingly. Aren't they?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Without giving to less strong players, cannot determine like they don't want it.
We are not taking anything away from anyone by bringing prior levels of GE also with defense boost.
It's a revamp, and people will adapt to the change accordingly. Aren't they?
If the revamp didn't happen, they'd still be doing GE4, and getting the rewards they've become accustomed to. You are taking something away if you change the existing levels to be more difficult (or rather to require something that the people playing it were not previously building).

Whatever they do to GE5, that's something new. Players have the option to just keep playing the first 4 like it never happened if they don't like what's being asked of GE5.

They have to be more careful what they do to the first 4 levels than whatever it is they do to the 5th. Because people do *not* like things they used to be able to do being taken from them.

There may be some less strong players that would welcome the change you propose, but there would be many many more angry about it. (Just look at how many people are angry that GE*5* requires defense at all, and multiply that by at least 10).

Ultimately people will adapt to any change in the long run. People who dislike it enough will quit. And people who stay will either decide not to care or find a way through it. It doesn't mean the attrition caused by it on the game's population is worthwhile.