• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

-Alin-

Emperor
Did 6 fights, or 5, and spent 10k goods on negotiations+ statues, that's just for level 5, Alone, and goooot, fragments and one portrait, all it is in the video.
Very balanced indeed.

Can we have the Hover tank updated to sajm stats please? I might need that for my manual fighting strategy, to beat 2569/2569 :))))

Sinitar

Regent
Did 6 fights, or 5, and spent 10k goods on negotiations+ statues, that's just for level 5, Alone, and goooot, fragments and one portrait, all it is in the video.
Very balanced indeed.

Can we have the Hover tank updated to sajm stats please? I might need that for my manual fighting strategy, to beat 2569/2569 :))))
funny that you spent more than me if I done all the 5th level for negoziation way:p
anyway maybe I wrote too many goods spent firstly but at least 7k goods I spent today

Sinitar

Regent
So for CA

Army bonus, each type of good goods (10 choices every encounter)

65. 83%, 10
66. 91%, 16
67. 99%, 20
68. 108%, 40
69. 117%, 20
70. 126%, 27
71. 136%, 31
72. 146%, 53
73. 179%, 30
74. 255%, 38
75. 345%, 42
76. 449%, 65
77. 611%, 40
78. 801%, 49
79. 1021%, 53
80. 1277%, 78

This is completely insane. I don't think anyone can even build up this much defence needed to beat those armies. Like @CrashBoom said, even if those were Attack bonuses, not everyone could
I noticed 1 thing
You're in Colonial age,right?
In Arctic Future bonus stats start from 255% (74th encounter from you) that means the bonus are the same when you reach an another age but scaled for ages and encounters
Your last encounter stats has the same of mine at 78th encounter (or 14th of 5th level)
but not all are the same since these are the stats there:

Last edited:
So for CA

Army bonus, each type of good goods (10 choices every encounter)

65. 83%, 10
66. 91%, 16
67. 99%, 20
68. 108%, 40
69. 117%, 20
70. 126%, 27
71. 136%, 31
72. 146%, 53
73. 179%, 30
74. 255%, 38
75. 345%, 42
76. 449%, 65
77. 611%, 40
78. 801%, 49
79. 1021%, 53
80. 1277%, 78

This is completely insane. I don't think anyone can even build up this much defence needed to beat those armies. Like @CrashBoom said, even if those were Attack bonuses, not everyone could

I'm really excited for this new approach within the game, and I actually think it's cool for inno to put more value in defence army - but this scale is insane!! My main world attacking army would find level 80 challenging in FE, I just cannot see it being possible to fit a defense army for GE5 and an attack army for GE1-4 or GBG/GvG into the world at the size they are.

Kronan

Viceroy
The negative reaction so far isn't a ripple, it's a tsunami. Very depressing to hear point after point of balance mismatches, and "what were they thinking Focus", and then to see the actual stats of what's required to play it - be posted. If players with insane game accomplishments can't do this, there is little hope for the rest of us.

This goes beyond exclusionary. How ANY new players in the game can participate with veterans in a guild is beyond me with this new GE 5 design, set at the levels it's been revealed with today from people playing it.

Sure, we can expect some dilution. But I still think this missed the mark - by a wide margin.

I'm personally NOT part of a select player design team that help craft new features and game extensions in FOE, as a community steering committee. But so many of us KNOW the game, and could help them shape new features that make sense and would be received much more warmly than this has (so far).

Inno may have an "elite" community of players (and payers) help as a sounding board for feature design, but if they'e designing extensions to FoE in a vacuum, and then throwing them over the wall, that's a very scary way to hit revenue targets if something fails.

GE 5, so far, isn't generating "BEST game idea ever", is it?

It could have - if Inno sampled the dedication of very talented players and their longevity in this game - AHEAD OF THE TIME of design.

Asking US a year ago: What would you like to see in GE 5? Give us your ideas; let's work TOGETHER!

Could have been so helpful to them, especially when WE and THEY both win.

Last edited:
There is no way to do lvl 5 with fights: to reach it you need bonuses for attacking army; but when you're there -- you'll need city defence bonuses (and at VERY high level).
So, to do it, you MUST fully rebuild city (if you collect "city defence" in inventory).
Or pay so much goods as you can (and get around nothing in return!) through negotiations.
One more thing from INNO that disbalance game and make it abusable.
"Chaos theory" in action?

This goes beyond exclusionary. How ANY new players in the game can participate with veterans in a guild is beyond me with this new GE 5 design, set at the levels it's been revealed with today from people playing it.
At the moment it looks like new players can't do GE5 and veterans can't do GE5 regularly too. Seems like a fair deal. I mean, what did everybody expect? That you simply rush through GE5? As I said before, it'll take maybe six months until the first players can constantly finish GE5 easily, maybe 12 months for veterans. Isn't it something worth working for?

CrashBoom

Legend
As I said before, it'll take maybe six months until the first players can constantly finish GE5 easily, maybe 12 months for veterans. Isn't it something worth working for?
so you are saying in 12 month SAJM players can beat the last 2469% opponent with their defense city boost o_O

guaranteed NOT

and don't forget:
in one year the next age is most likely there so the boost there will then be even higher :rolleyes:

XIA*

Marquis

Mabusian der Graue

At the moment it looks like new players can't do GE5 and veterans can't do GE5 regularly too. Seems like a fair deal. I mean, what did everybody expect? That you simply rush through GE5? As I said before, it'll take maybe six months until the first players can constantly finish GE5 easily, maybe 12 months for veterans. Isn't it something worth working for?

You seriously haven't read the previous posts, have you? Which newbie can do GEV after 6 months? Come on! My beta city is a yaer old and I'm glad I can finally fight through lvl IV. estimates say you need anywhere between 8000 and 18,000 goods to negotiate through lvl V. WHICH newbiew has 8000 goods inventory from two ages every single week? you would need to stay in an era for 3 years to accumulate enough goods to play through this every week. Or have your CF leveled like 150.... again, which newbie will have the resources, fp etc. to do that? This simply means that people who have not played foe for at least 3-4-5 years will possibly have to wait YEARS to be able to do GEV. How is that fair, hm?

Finkadel

Marquis
Well, only real big diamond spenders, who will throw a nice house worth of money into Anniversary Event, they could do it. City full of only Phantom Towers (like 80 at least...) would probably do the trick...

Perhaps 2 players in the world are that rich and insane.

The rest of us rather would choose a path to ignore this feature, because you know, at this rate GBG is far more valuable and with better profit than a couple of fragments once a week with either 10k goods to pay for them or rebuilding our whole attack focused cities.

So, meh, this is not a challenge. It's insanely irrelevant at the moment - with those costs and really poor rewards in comparison.

If stats were divided by four, that would perhaps be challenging and worth slightly reworking our cities. Not now. Ever.

Yekk

Regent
The fact that it takes 4 weeks to get enough frags to build any GE5 building and then only if you complete GE5 will be a deal breaker for most players. The cost of goods to do so is a deal breaker. Both to build and to do negs.

Most players with mature cities will be able to do the first battles in GE5 but the vast majority will find they will not be able to fight or neg at some point. My beta city is well balanced with my city defenses in the lower 300's for A/D. Even with building slots I would find using PE troops to complete the last 4 encounters extremely challenging if not impossible. For those without higher age age troops it will take months (possibly many) to get a building that still is weak for encounters 13-16...

Kronan

Viceroy
@Mabusian der Graue

I repeat my assertion. The extension to GE 5 changes game and city design horses in mid-stream. People will NOT bite on that. Especially not with the limited space design the game currently has. A ray of sunshine MIGHT be for INNO to allow (gift?) some extra land to become a home for new defense structures since INNO changed the game.

But without more land for this new adventure - If they expect us to SHIFT priorities - people are not going to. It's way too Sisyphean for many.

As I, and a few others, contend - people are NOT going to re-design their cities for needing massive defense, using their puny DEFENSE just for GE 5. It will always be asymmetrical, because it matches the venues choices:

SO MANY venues in the game ONLY rely on offense (RED Sword/Red Shield).

I might warm to your contention, if GE 5 stayed "RED", but had a couple of other cool or novel game ideas - but as a BLUE (City Defense) adventure, people are going to blow past it, and NOT bother.

They don't have the impetus to destroy RED buildings and add BLUE. It can be as simple as "I don't have room for that"

PS: Many people here aren't aware there's another discussion topic on GE 5 (before this one), in SPOILERS.

Dessire

Regent
Guys, can you please remember that level 5 it supposed to be extremely.difficult and a common iron age player should never be able to complete that level?!

And can you please remember it must be difficult even for end game players to represent a real challenge?!

I am not saying that the stats of enemy armies or the amount of goods are ok but even nerfed, those numbers should still being high!

CrashBoom

Legend
Guys, can you please remember that level 5 it supposed to be extremely.difficult and a common iron age player should never be able to complete that level?!

And can you please remember it must be difficult even for end game players to represent a real challenge?!

I am not saying that the stats of enemy armies or the amount of goods are ok but even nerfed, those numbers should still being high!
extremely difficult ?

current values makes it impossible with fighting (without using an insane amount of inventory boosts)

-Alin-

Emperor
Roughly 40k goods just for one building of that that is available only 28 days doesn't worth it, asuming You do 5 fights out of 16 for each of 4 rounds of GE:V needed.
Or 6-7k goods(for statues) and incredibile defensive attack values and bottles for people with high defence stats (IF are any) ...

Incredibly high values of attack and deff, 2569/2569 is already high to beat for mostly all players that have higher attack stats, but to make players use city defensive stats just for these things in GEV which are very slow won and also fragmented?
At this moment it is Impossible to beat that one, it wil take years of rebuilding ...

People will refuse to play it in this form and I am sure people will not dump from attacking stats to build city defensive stats just for few things from GE:V.