• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

kawada

Marquis
I remember how in live server, all the active players would wait for midnight to reset their attrition and take as many sectors as they can. Also, it was quite active in the morning before work starts, considering that most of the players are from the same time zone.
so with the 66% cap, everyone would have maxed attrition right after midnight or in the morning, we would hear crickets by the evening.

You make valid points, but remember, we're dealing with a macro-level total of all activity in gbg. In the end, ALL GBG feeds into the same community as a whole. It's a function of how many fps INNO awards in a season for the entire GbG system. At this point, admittedly a cursory scan, the total fights certainly appear to be reduced at all levels. The total numbers normalize for the smallar and larger players as a group as the guild total is a function of all players. If the initial scan across several guilds is any indication the 'class' of all players, big and small is a component of the total numbers. A variation in the totals of the 'smaller' or 'weaker' guilds might give a different number, and we eventually have to include all the guilds to know for sure, but remember that the smaller ones are likely to produce less fights overall. So they'd have to be compared, pre-nerf seasons to post-nerf seasons as well.
Even if what you suggest turns out to be accurate the post-nerf GBG "economy" will still be larger than the pre-GBG economy was (presuming that the number of players remains the same, or grows). I'd wager that INNO is modelling player attrition closely.

I remember how in live server, all the active players would wait for midnight to reset their attrition and take as many sectors as they can. Also, it was quite active in the morning before work starts, considering that most of the players are from the same time zone.
so with the 66% cap, everyone would have maxed attrition right after midnight or in the morning, we would hear crickets by the evening.
On my main, we have players across many time zones but that's beside the point. In your example, I agree, players could be tempted to exhaust their attrition during the first round following reset. It would be up to guild leadership to manage the battlefield so as to spread the fighters out across the 24 hours. This, I think, is where the rubber will meet the road.

I agree that Beta will likely be much different that the live servers. Even so, 2 1/2 seasons in Beta is insufficient to predict what may, or may not, happen if this is introduced to the live servers. Additionally, if introduced to live, it will take a while for the full effect to be realized. Certainly, active fighters will experience an immediate impact. However, I believe that there is a segment of the player base that is underrepresented in GBG. They are the players that became frustrated with GBG and focused their cities on farming, not fighting. It will take some time for these players to appreciate the new paradigm and align their cities to better pursue GBG if they choose to do so. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Again, valid points. With respect to the fight vs farm
Even if what you suggest turns out to be accurate the post-nerf GBG "economy" will still be larger than the pre-GBG economy was (presuming that the number of players remains the same, or grows). I'd wager that INNO is modelling player attrition closely.
Without disputing your assertion, I find myself questioning the notion that a post-nerf economy would still be larger than the previous one. Indeed your assumption of the number of players growing or, at least, remaining the same, but my whole notion of normalizing the numbers is an attempt to 'auto-adjust' for a change in player numbers... for the key question would become, "Are the TOTAL, AGGREGATE REWARDS ISSUED by INNO in GBG as a whole going to Increase or decrease?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
According to a CM from another community, Inno announced that the players buying the most diamonds were not the biggest but precisely the smallest, those who were often stuck in GbG.
Giving them the opportunity to leave their HQ, when they realize that now they can and have started to transform their farming town into a town of warriors, the nerf will then take on its full importance.
The majority of high rollers think that they are the ones who mainly make this game live, they are just wrong in thinking without any verified figures.
Many say that there are not enough strong guilds but the more Inno lets some abuse GbGs, the more FP they will have to grow their members and thus the gap between the few strong guilds and the others will never close. It's the snake biting its tail!

Propose to Inno to open an international server where no rules are imposed without nerfs but without multi-account bot control, push and let's take stock in 1 year if you have as much fun as here with restrictions!

On my main, we have players across many time zones but that's beside the point. In your example, I agree, players could be tempted to exhaust their attrition during the first round following reset. It would be up to guild leadership to manage the battlefield so as to spread the fighters out across the 24 hours. This, I think, is where the rubber will meet the road.
That's one heck of a challenge in a game environment where time zones and RL are the keys to participation and numbers online.

jovada

Regent
Yeah and i assume they jumped in right after midnight to do as many fights possible with 0 attrition and to swap with other guild, or do you want me to believe they jump in at midnight to take a sector on the outer with full attrition.

kawada

Marquis
Yeah and i assume they jumped in right after midnight to do as many fights possible with 0 attrition and to swap with other guild, or do you want me to believe they jump in at midnight to take a sector on the outer with full attrition.
To be honest, when I was playing in live server, we didn’t do many swap seasons. I discovered it to be such a popular thing here, in beta, a few months ago lol

in our case, The point was to take as many sectors as possible after midnight, so they’d remain ours (and give us points) for as long as possible just because rivals are sleeping and would not take them back from us

Owl II

Emperor
Ah, what a nightmare! Ah, what an injustice! The minority does not allow the majority to feed. What scoundrels! Is it okay that this is called a "battleground" and was originally intended for battles? Do you want a farm? Go and win it. No, we will spend our energy whining on the forum about injustice. I just don't understand how, in your opinion, "justice" will prevail after nerf. The camps work the same for everyone. It killed the dynamics. What used to be a battle will now be a clowning in slow motion. It will be difficult to gather 20-30 players for the race when part of the asset is has a high attrition already. But this will not mean that this race will be won by those who did not want to fight before. They still don't want to race. They want to farm

Last edited:

King Flush

Marquis
According to a CM from another community, Inno announced that the players buying the most diamonds were not the biggest but precisely the smallest, those who were often stuck in GbG.
Giving them the opportunity to leave their HQ, when they realize that now they can and have started to transform their farming town into a town of warriors, the nerf will then take on its full importance.
The majority of high rollers think that they are the ones who mainly make this game live, they are just wrong in thinking without any verified figures.
Many say that there are not enough strong guilds but the more Inno lets some abuse GbGs, the more FP they will have to grow their members and thus the gap between the few strong guilds and the others will never close. It's the snake biting its tail!

Propose to Inno to open an international server where no rules are imposed without nerfs but without multi-account bot control, push and let's take stock in 1 year if you have as much fun as here with restrictions!
I've bought some diamonds in the past when I was a 'smaller' player - do you know why I bought them? it was to get some good attack buildings to help get to a point I could enjoy GBG. In an imaginary world had I joined the game with GBG as it is proposed, one I wouldn't have even seen a game worthy to play and for damn sure I wouldn't have spent that money buying diamonds, you need to look at the bigger picture.

King Flush

Marquis
well they'd obviously been waiting to get their attrition to reset because shock horror attrition is already a huge factor in the current GBG format.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Here is part of a table from which I removed the nicknames of one of the 3 guilds that do farming in GbG.
I highlighted the fights made on the day of yesterday:
Capture d’écran 2022-07-30 174135.png

Do you think everyone in the guild will be affected by the nerf?
Do you think this only exists in French-speaking worlds?
So the "majority" of penalized players is very relative!

jovada

Regent
Ah, what a nightmare! Ah, what an injustice! The minority does not allow the majority to feed. What scoundrels! Is it okay that this is called a "battleground" and was originally intended for battles? Do you want a farm? Go and win it
Yes "battleground" for battles, but there are no battles and you have already your farm, fighting and battles is not agreement with other guild to farm even more.

King Flush

Marquis
Yes "battleground" for battles, but there are no battles and you have already your farm, fighting and battles is not agreement with other guild to farm even more.
don't pretend you want battles from the new GBG you just want to be able to farm without effort, without having to coordinate so you can take a sector due to the fact that all the opposition is attritioned out, please stop being a hypocrite about things, sick of hearing you go on about farming this and farming that when those you condemn are the only ones who do actually battle, even if it might not be all the time.

jovada

Regent
11 sectors today with only 2 persons in one of our worlds, 5 locks already dissapeared because we had to wait for others locks liberating and still having only 57 attrition ( can afford +100)

Whatever you say to justify it , it's not normal.

Attachments

• RL map 4.jpg
    RL map 4.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

jovada

Regent
don't pretend you want battles from the new GBG you just want to be able to farm without effort, without having to coordinate so you can take a sector due to the fact that all the opposition is attritioned out, please stop being a hypocrite about things, sick of hearing you go on about farming this and farming that when those you condemn are the only ones who do actually battle, even if it might not be all the time.
If you took a little more time to read my posts you see that i also proposed to bring attrition to 75 or 80, and your reaction only shows that i am 100% correct to condemn farming , see my example above.

-Alin-

Emperor
There is no need to attack players by nationality and their way of thinking, everyone can have their opinions, either pro or contra, if You dont agree with something or someone, explain or ignore that comment, it is easy, it is pointless any other way, but people almost everytime likes drama and toxicity ...

I saw enough on this forum, especially on this discussion thread, in 27 pages merely some real feedback from some players, and the rest of 120 of pages are only 10 people arguing, attacking each other because what, a game ...
My only personal problem is with InnoGames, seeing them how greedy they have became after they lost/changed a good part of their management/devs team in the past years and a good part in revenue with some changes, and the powercreeped wishing wells farms/GE farms on servers with multiple worlds and the fights in GbG now, because they werent able to make it stable from the very beggining ...
I do like this game, still, same as other friends of mine, but the way is managed sucks, really.

I agree and I am against to some parts in this change, but thats it, adapt or die ...

jovada

Regent
And may i remind you that i posted a link where 2 1/2 years ago i already warned for the disproportion.
It's only a shame that inno waited so long to take finaly action, now some players are spoiled and think it's a right to receive free candy.

Think twice before you call someone hypocrtite, you are not even playing on beta and tested nothing but always attacking players who are pro the adjustments.

Last edited:

King Flush

Marquis
@MJ Artisan of War

A little bit contradictory, liking a post where i'm called an hypocrit and then liking the post of @Ninjalin saying no need to attack players.
saying you are a hypocrite is not attacking you it is simply describing what you are doing, look it up in the dictionary
And may i remind you that i posted a link where 2 1/2 years ago i already warned for the disproportion.
It's only a shame that inno waited so long to take finaly action, now some players are spoiled and think it's a right to receive free candy.

Think twice before you call someone hypocrtite, you are not even playing on beta and tested nothing but always attacking players who are pro the adjustings.
you say it as if, you said it so that's how it is, NO that's just your interpretation, I for one don't at all agree that it's disproportional and the numbers speak for themselves, said it I don't know how many times - IT TAKES LONGER/MORE EFFORT TO GAIN SAME/SIMILAR REWARDS IN GBG AS IT DOES BY OTHER MEANS, THIS HAS BEEN DEMONSTRATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THIS IS FACT!!!