• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

kawada

Marquis
thats all ?

I had a few billion ranking points before they changed the GB points in the ranking calculation

but that was before you even started FoE :rolleyes:
But your account properties remained unchanged, just another number of "experience" points? Then it's not quite the same what @MrBrister and I meant.

Beta King

Viceroy
Bad interpretation on your part, Inno never said that!

For those whose ranking matters so much, do you know that fights are the best sources for ranking and that a fight in JUP will pay more than a fight in any era?
So if ranking is your main goal, rush the eras to play only in JUP
Why would anyone do otherwise as long as they have enough atk/def to finish GE4 each week? After this nerf the rankings will no longer matter for anyone as they will be massively skewed from past GBG rewards.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Why would anyone do otherwise as long as they have enough atk/def to finish GE4 each week?
So you admit that changing eras is not so easy.

But that an average player in a strong guild had an advantage over a good player in an average guild and that didn't shock you?

I promise you I have nothing against you, but you remind me of the current generation who wants everything, immediately and effortlessly.

The only point where I agree with the protesters is that if Inno tests this nerf to rebalance, it will not be true on Dunarsund but on live mods and not only with 2 or 3 seasons. As for the creation of the GbG, it took 7 or 8 seasons to see a first distribution in all the leagues.
Precisely, it would have been faster to see if this nerf works according to their expectations to test it on live worlds while resetting all LP counters to zero.

Beta King

Viceroy
So you admit that changing eras is not so easy.

But that an average player in a strong guild had an advantage over a good player in an average guild and that didn't shock you?

I promise you I have nothing against you, but you remind me of the current generation who wants everything, immediately and effortlessly.

The only point where I agree with the protesters is that if Inno tests this nerf to rebalance, it will not be true on Dunarsund but on live mods and not only with 2 or 3 seasons. As for the creation of the GbG, it took 7 or 8 seasons to see a first distribution in all the leagues.
Precisely, it would have been faster to see if this nerf works according to their expectations to test it on live worlds while resetting all LP counters to zero.
Inno created the current mechanics including GBG and its rewards system so there is no "immediate or effortless" expectation but allowing 2.5 years of advancements under the current system to now cut growth capabilities to a fraction of what they were makes no sense to me but oh well we shall wait for it to hit live and see the feedback that comes of it.

Kev-

Farmer
Inno created the current mechanics including GBG and its rewards system so there is no "immediate or effortless" expectation but allowing 2.5 years of advancements under the current system to now cut growth capabilities to a fraction of what they were makes no sense to me but oh well we shall wait for it to hit live and see the feedback that comes of it.
There will probably be very little feedback the only question is will the last person out switch the lights out or say sod it and leave them burning.

King Flush

Marquis
OK, into the 3rd season of this failed experiment, and this is what is happening...

We are still conquering the entire map within 30 minutes of season opening, and we even graciously leave sectors in front of bases for other Guilds that want to play.
NO ONE is playing!!!! We just sit there endlessly waiting for someone to come out of their bases and we even leave sectors on hold, hoping to prompt them to take action.

So, the bottom line is this: This nerf has not improved game play or made battles more exciting or even shared the map more evenly.
It has made everything more boring and people are NOT participating at all. This is also spilling over to other areas of the game as well.
If there is no action happening with the map, there is no sense logging into the game. Players are beginning to set their collection times in their cities for once a day instead of every 4 hours.

A game cannot be successful if players are not spending time. (and $$ spending resources)
If this is the intended result that INNO wants, then just simply delete the entire GBG function, as it is now a graveyard of non-participation.
The only participation is usually One Guild per map conquering all the sectors at Season Opening and then they are sitting there for 10 days.
At least if INNO were to "balance" the competition, it would present something worth fighting for.

It seems INNO is just as inept as the current world leaders letting everything fall to crap while they virtual signal they are trying to do something.
(Not in the best interest of the public)

So, in my opinion, this is a very poor design move by INNO. All those supposed complaints by Guild members who cried they could not participate in the map are just hollow accusations or envy of others' success. Now given the opportunity, they still do not participate.

Hit that Share, Like button... because The salt must flow.
really couldn't have put it any better, honestly I think people must be absolutely blind to not realise what FOE will be like after the nerf, seems so obvious to me, it's an inevitable snowball of knock on effects that will negatively effect much more than just GBG itself. The damage will be cumulative as well meaning the true destruction will probably take months, then it will be 'what the hell have we done!' :D

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Here is an idea that was proposed on the FR forum by an average guild player:

Don't nerf SC but only award rewards (at the same percentages as before) when taking attrition.
So with each fight without mounting its attrition, we would not win anything.
Why not, after all the CONS to this nerf say that SCs are more important to them for "strategy" and to keep busy during the day.

Last edited:

King Flush

Marquis

Nerve SCs and only award rewards (at the same percentages as before) when taking attrition.
Why not, after all the CONS to this nerf say that SCs are more important to them for "strategy" and to keep busy during the day.
sounds fine to a degree but maybe structure it so more rewards the higher attrition sectors you hit and maybe still some but at a lower amount for zero attrition sectors, otherwise you still risk on killing the participation in GBG which can't be a good thing.

King Flush

Marquis
or don't nerf SC and just have 1 building slot in every sector
too strong I feel, maybe 1SC and 1WT per sector, although random building slots makes an element of unfairness it does add to the strategy of the game, makes the maps play differently each time and more thought must go in to the strategy.

Kev-

Farmer
Put equally matched Guilds together and there is no real issue. As everyone has said from both camps the issue is matching weak against strong, it isn't rocket science to figure that out. Six equally matched Guilds together Guilds 3, 4, 5 and 6 aren't going to sit back and watch the first two swap all round they're going to kick ass and get a bit of the action themselves. GBG will then be what it should be a fight fest and much more enjoyable for all as nothing beats a good close race when the Guild comes together as one.

If your reading this Inno for the Gazillionth time sort the match up out and stop the blatant cheating its not hard to figure who's using BOT's and above all stop this
but you won't do that because your raking in Diamond sales from this Inno sponsored cheat.

HunZ95

Squire

Don't nerf SC but only award rewards (at the same percentages as before) when taking attrition.
and how does that give you more options?
isn't that why you're waiting for the change?
the personal rewards should be replaced by guild rewards, I would see how many yes vouchers would continue to be interested in gbg.:D

Thunderdome

Emperor
but we would like proper feedback before we make a decision about this.
As a Kaylon (Isaac, The Orville) would have asked, "please clarify on the definition of 'proper feedback'"

But before you do, allow me to remind you (and the rest of the Inno staff) of the following (using the PVP Arena as an example):

• When Inno first released the PVP Arena, Inno took out the ability for low era players to gain rewards (medals) and to see where they are compared to other players in their neighborhood by removing the towers.
• For the first month, not only did the forum had a lot of negative feedback from it, but there was feedback stating the towers should not have been removed from the campaign maps or any other place they are being used to gauge a player's score; especially for low era players.
• Instead of making said changes, and not trusting the negative feedback from beta, Inno decides to include a live server; the EN server; in this little test.
• Another month happened, more negative feedback and voting; this time from two places on a beta test.
• Feeling overwhelmed, Inno scraps the concept and restored the towers.
• Many months down the road, Inno reintroduces the PVP Arena while leaving the towers intact (the only good thing; the rest is just rubbish).

There is no other decision to be made. It already has been made. The 135+ pages of discussion (don't know how many more since the replies are hidden on the new one) shows Inno's incompetence as well as their intention to leave it as it is without making any changes. For if they (Inno) really want to make a difference, they should have gotten more involved with the players instead of playing the "for internal reasons" card. Internal or not, we deserve answers; we're the ones who (if we decide at this point) go out and buy diamonds and put money into the development of the game; without us players, you won't have a game.
Inno never said that!
Aside from copy and paste, they really haven't said anything; just beat around the bush.

And FYI, Inno, if I am advertising another game, I would have put a link in it. Merely stating I play another game and what it is, is not that. So get your facts straight.

Thunderdome

Emperor
1659122808613.png
As of 2022.07.09-14:27p (local time)

I'd leave this here for now. It gets monotonous and repetitive for my likes and is totally redundant. However, I do have a question for Inno (and don't give me that "internal" excuse): if the date for the polls had closed for the second round, why aren't our posts being shown (still in moderation status) from being invisible?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Personally, what I don't understand is if the votes don't matter since Inno will base itself on its figures, to relaunch a third vote?
I am in favor of this test, but I have the impression that you hope that the AGAINST tires of voting and that you announce that the majority changes.

Beta King

Viceroy

I'm on board with this as long as the ranking points are still awarded for every fight regardless like they are now and no awards needed for the attrition free fights.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Personally, what I don't understand is if the votes don't matter since Inno will base itself on its figures, to relaunch a third vote?
Had the voting been in favor with a "YES" each time, it would still be irritating to keep asking for it each time.
I am in favor of this test, but I have the impression that you hope that the AGAINST tires of voting and that you announce that the majority changes.
Psychologically speaking, people will grow tired of the same thing, and that poll will show a reduction in activity on both sides. Only those that remain will cast their vote will probably count. It reminds me of a time when someone loses an election that they demand a recount of the votes. Those votes were recast and recounted; the same result. Person kept asking for another recount to the point I just facepalmed myself in asking "why? you already had two that said you lost."

If you want my opinion, whether it is a "yes" or "no" outcome, it's a complete waste of resources and time; both that could have gone into other things.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Conclusion for those who are against this nerf: don't do more GbG so that their numbers drop and they roll back.
And above all, advertise on your direct servers to stop GbG as soon as they are implemented.

ROFLMAO. Sadly this will likely be a natural consequence for many players until guilds re-invent themselves if they decide to continue to pursue GbG.