• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
There's still a difference between having a 70% attrition at the end of the day and having the same after 4 hours
I wouldn't mind finishing the game day in 4 hours, or an hour. Finish it without having time to start, in some cases. Unfortunately, I can't afford it, being a leader. And how I will get out of it if this change comes to live servers, only gods of FOE know. It would be possible to count on the fact that GBG will wither and lose relevance, as said above. Unfortunately, 18,000 guild rating points are tied to this trash. And we do not know what efforts will be required to maintain

Demeter7

Squire
Create such a guild! And you will understand what a hell of a job.

I have a guild :) It is indeed a challenge. And yes there are always those who take the hits to get things set up for others to get free hits. Not everyone in a battle gets free hits.

I would never promise my guild members that if they build an Arc they will get free hits, as someone else mentioned that they do earlier in this thread. I try to encourage them to build up fighting power. We do ok, but we are a work in progress. I do try to get them some low attrition hits, but it is not a promise. They need to learn to deal with attrition too. It will make us stronger.

This is a game. It is supposed to be fun and challenging.

still, i wonder why inno didn't use a more 'high risk high reward' approach for playing the GbG maps....

to illustrate my thoughts: the center sectors would give (by default) a higher amount of attrition than the outer sectors, say 4 attrition per fight instead of the default 1 only. traps could increase this number (to 5, or even 6 if you have multiple), and towers and camps in surrounding sectors could reduce it to 2 or 3, or even ZERO for the outer sectors. at the same time, the victory points for center sectors should be tripled, and for its surrounding circle doubled. maybe increasing the number of fights needed for the center would be a nice change too.

all this would result in: you can possibly still do your endless fighting, but.... you get much less rewarding sectors that contribute towards winning the GbG. it would also be more possible to 'defend' sectors, by putting traps in them that cancel out camps and re-add extra attrition (and not adding a chance to just 'double' the existing value). and maybe even adding a possibility to actually really defend sectors (by fighting enemy flags down to 0) without too much attrition would be a nice challenging extra too?

Question: yesterday on my live server over 110 people did more that 1000 fights. Most of the fights should be done in GBG. Is that a good, healthy amount? Is the top fighter with over 4000 fights not definetly playing too much?
How many fights a day in GBG should be possible?

King Flush

Marquis
I wonder how many in those big guilds have been so spoiled by zero attrition that they forget, or never learned, how to fight with attrition. Did they prepare their cities for this? Maybe... but it will be interesting to see what happens.

The guilds that are experienced at fighting with attrition and have built up their cities with the power that is needed will do well. And now there is a reason to build up that fighting power.
there really isn't need to build up your attack stats if this comes in, I have roughly 750 tiles in my city that give nothing but attack boosts now if I was to tear them all down and put FP producing buildings in their place then I would be better off, In this new unthought out world of FOE attack stats will become much like defense stats, why bother at all with GBG when you can gain more from doing away with fighting and just be a passive city collector, can even dump your TA COA Traz and well Zeuss doesn't take much space but may as well get rid of that too, don't hardly need treasury buildings anymore, just get an Arc for sniping, CF to do some negs if you so wish and just fill your city with FP producing buildings, well done this won't just nerf GBG but the majority of the buildings in the game, talk about shifting the goal posts.

Oh and the 750 tiles don't even include Traz and the attack GB's and not only that the rest of city whilst maybe offering some FP's they are certainly on the whole more Attack biased, makes me think actually of just how many FP's you could actually harvest on a city collection if you wanted to go down that path, probably more than what I currently get out of GBG and I spend hours on that, but the thing is GBG is more fun than just collecting from your city, hence why we do it, don't take this away.

Last edited:
The problem is not the attrition but the multitude of guilds in the Dialiga. With the new rules, the small slide guilds will have even fewer battles and will never reach the middle. There has to be a higher league where the strong guilds play against each other, maybe even across servers like the GEX.

Boo...

Baronet
Small guilds are created for piracy on GvG. These are guilds ruining the treasury of those who are higher in the ranking.
If the guild is for battlefields, then it should be as full as possible. But, some people think that the fighting guild can be 10-20 people. This is not true.
But, this is not a problem of strong guilds, this is a problem of beginners and those who know little. Developers should think about it, not punish everyone.

1BFA

Viceroy
Isn't the change all about diamonds?
Less Candy = Less free diamonds
Camps/Traps/Forts -- Diamond spend continues for build in war
Traps/Forts/Decoy - no change + camps nerf = more usage = more Dimond spend

Good for GBG Leaders in Swapping guilds :)

This is a wonderful change, stick it to the little people, lol. Now the rich get richer and the poor stay poor. Only the big guilds with high cap attrition figthers are going to be able to succeed. You now Trap and Fort (as these will be overpowered) and shut the map down so smaller guilds cannot even get off the beach and by the time they fight their way through they finish one tile and they are spent, lol.

No need for treasury buildings either, go ahead and delete them as reduced need for goods. This is like the Arc, you made it and you opened pandora's box and now you want to put everything back in and close the lid, lol. Good luck!
it´s right

Boo...

Baronet

You must be laughing! Diamonds? To speed up construction? Are you seriously? Why speed up construction while limiting fatigue? That's funny.

jovada

Regent
there really isn't need to build up your attack stats if this comes in, I have roughly 750 tiles in my city that give nothing but attack boosts now if I was to tear them all down and put FP producing buildings in their place then I would be better off, In this new unthought out world of FOE attack stats will become much like defense stats, why bother at all with GBG when you can gain more from doing away with fighting and just be a passive city collector, can even dump your TA COA Traz and well Zeuss doesn't take much space but may as well get rid of that too, don't hardly need treasury buildings anymore, just get an Arc for sniping, CF to do some negs if you so wish and just fill your city with FP producing buildings, well done this won't just nerf GBG but the majority of the buildings in the game, talk about shifting the goal posts.
Have you any idea how ridiculous your statement is ?????

Real gameplay you still look out for attack/def boost building up because the higher the higher attrition you can handel , that is gameplay.

What you say is that only greed and more more more count, you say that if you can't have a tons of fp , goods , diamonds by free fighting , you have to build up arc , frontenac and snipe other GG. So your game is only based on greed not on gameplay. Is all your game only based on clicking all day long in GbG? Maybe you like only clickgames , nothing strategy that takes to long and is boring,

HunZ95

Squire
Nobody has to play GBG and nobody has to play in a power guild. But if I want to, why am I being punished? 2 years was built with a lot of effort, time and money and city and now everything was in vain.
Because the others don't have as much free time, and it's not fair that you get more rewards than someone who just pops in for a few minutes a day to play a few battles. Oh, and it must be guaranteed that they have the opportunity to fight in 0-24 whenever they enter during the day. This is the most common explanation.

King Flush

Marquis
Have you any idea how ridiculous your statement is ?????

Real gameplay you still look out for attack/def boost building up because the higher the higher attrition you can handel , that is gameplay.

What you say is that only greed and more more more count, you say that if you can't have a tons of fp , goods , diamonds by free fighting , you have to build up arc , frontenac and snipe other GG. So your game is only based on greed not on gameplay. Is all your game only based on clicking all day long in GbG? Maybe you like only clickgames , nothing strategy that takes to long and is boring,
quite the contrary, you don't know me at all if you were to you would understand my time and efforts in this game are mainly to help my guild and guilmates if not I wouldn't lead could get many more fights if I just looked after no.1 so I would care for you to not make assumptions on a personal level when you have no idea.

oh and I don't snipe at all really nor do I wish to or do I wish to just be a city collector merely saying from an efficiency stand point that will be the way to play. but that is rediculous for me to say is it ???? stating a fact

Last edited: