• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Hawkery

Farmer
I like this change, it shouldn't be possible to do 10k fights per season.
But 66.6% cap? Nah, that's less than 3 sc support now.
Should be 72% (3sc), because that would be full support and you don't get full support everywhere.

Also, this will not change the problem of GBG: there is zero reason for any guild to play gbg as intended: war.
Because of the crappy league system, weak guilds can get paired up with the strongest guilds of the world.
Make LP unlimited and cap the amount of guilds in a certain league to 24 diamond, 48 plat, 72 gold, ...

So there will not be a certain amount of LP you need to be in diamond, just the 16 guilds with most LP will be in diamond etc.

This way you will face way more guilds of your own lvl, which will make it a bit more competitive.

And to make it really competitive you should fix rewards: give all members x-amount of fp, goods, ... Per placement. And ofcourse much more prestige/power for the guild.

Globaller

Farmer
I belive the thought to make a change in some manner is progressive and good, but im not sure if this will hit the core problem. Breaking it down into pros & cons.

Pros:
*You get to scale down the potential massive earnings some players achieve without difficulty, simply by being active and organized.
*It might make strategy & other buildings more relevant again.

Cons:
*By implementing this change you will at the same time reduce the overall activity of players, as there is no longer any purpose to being online much besides harvesting your city and unloading your potential i Battlegrounds, then you're done for the day. Is that something "Inno" desire as a company? To me thats like biting your own tail.
*The strong guilds will likely still control the battlegrounds, difference being more sectors held as "hostages" and "blocking" comptetitors. Additionally they will likely be held open for the duration possible given that the rotation around the map will greatly slow down due to no more free battles.
*I find that alot of people dont do things that are not rewarding, as such the active interest in GvG will be reduced, players guarding the map, sorting the strategies will likely reduce.
*Less diamond useage (is that something Inno is interested in? lol.

One of the main problems atleast on the norwegian servers is that there are too few players in general. Too many guilds, filled with few active players and a load of city builders and sleepers. Then theres 2 guilds that has a few more of the active bunch that controls everything. In order to look more at the problem, you need to solve the playerbase issue and increase the competitive aspect in the game. Why have 5 different servers instead of 1 or 2? Had these been combined or if you found some other way to solve the playerbase issue, you would have a battlegrounds filled with maybe 5-8 strong guilds. No way people would have been able to farm freely anymore and the rotation around the map would have been alot different with guilds losing their positions every so often.

The battlegrounds system is designed for more active guilds than what the current playerbase situation is today. Thats the problem. Changing the battlegrounds like this will only reduce the amount of active players.
Very well said. Is there even an good foundation on were these decissions were made? Even if i take a look at this as if i were Inno i can't see the benifits

Owl II

Emperor
Do you read the forum or just filter what is possitive for you ?
On one of the first pages , NinjAlin already gave a new possible strategy , wich was countered by another strategy , the use of traps it was.

And maybe you forgot but initially GbG was ment with more strategy and several buildings to use in the strategy, only devs forgot that players find always the trick to exploit and made a mistake with the siegecamps , so now they will correct it , and maybe there are some other things to correct also like the 1000LP but hé it's a beginning.
Strategy?To build traps and sit on them for 10 days, waiting for the season to end? Great strategy! That is, to assemble a team, to provide the material part (not only goods, but also diamonds to speed up buildings), to provide round-the-clock monitoring, notification, to train everyone in techniques, to attract diplomacy - this is not a strategy. It's just a clickfest. But sitting on the sectors and not letting others to hit is a strategy. Whoooo..
And for what purpose will you sit on your traps for 10 days? To what?

Dessire

Regent
As a player who produces more than 2000 FPs per day in the city, which is the equivalent of 1600 fights done every day during 11 days in GBG in diamond league, with a cost of a few minutes per day, I am very happy with this new update.

Now players obsesed with have tons of attack % must re-think what is the best combination of buildings to have in their cities and stop stacking attack buildings and focus on get FPs buildings and stack more ofensive defense too.

FOE TEAM!! FINALLY GOOD NEWS PLEASE DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE POOL! LET THIS NEW UPDATE BE A THING FOREVER!!

Now each guild member will be more important than before.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
"This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players."

Sorry who is answering our questions? I see many important questions and no reply from @Juber or any officials , or did you guys mean we should ask each other this questions? Kind of makes no sense...
What questions were not answered yet?

I really don't understand this at all. I read a lots of complaints because the weak guilds can't compete with the strong ones.
Why should they?? They are in the same legaue, that's a problem, but not the lack of competitiveness.

And to be honest, apart from the rare exceptions the weaks are weak because they don't do anything to be strong.

mcbluefire

Baronet
If you remove all the buildings on the GBG, weak guilds will not become stronger

Agreed, as the bigger guilds would have more hits possible, however with all GbG buildings gone the weak guilds that used to be locked up all season would have a better chance to break out most days because the big guilds would actually run out of attrition each day. The 96%+ attrition reduction is what made it possible for large guilds to lock down and hold the "weak" guilds back. By nerfing just one building they have now created a situation where the strong guilds will use negative attrition buildings (eg: traps) to further decrease the possible hits weaker guilds were able to get in seasons past as they MUST do this in order to conserve their precious available hits for other sectors. The current "solution" makes things much worse, not better. By removing all buildings it at least puts all the guilds on a more even footing.

In my opinion a simpler "fix" would have been to make sectors around guild starting points have more slots and sectors in the inner rings with less building slots. That way everyone can come out nearly for free, but fighting in the middle would require large attrition loss.

Devilsangel

Baronet
I actually like the idea of the siege camp limit, but the limit should be just a bit higher, somewhere between 3 and 4 camp (as they work on live now) around 72-80%.

And the traps should be reworked, maybe even only leave the decoys, the trap is too overpowered with this change

In my own experience fun maps are only with mortal enemies and no other guild friendly with them on the map, but at least a couple more guilds strong enough to participate)
and we get it about every third-fourth season

Neither swapping nor getting locked at exit is fun, apart from the times when we brake through and burn the swaps to hell))

so I voted both

-Alin-

Emperor
As a player who produces more than 2000 FPs per day in the city, which is the equivalent of 1600 fights done every day during 11 days in GBG in diamond league, with a cost of a few minutes per day, I am very happy with this new update.

Now players obsesed with have tons of attack % must re-think what is the best combination of buildings to have in their cities and stop stacking attack buildings and focus on get FPs buildings and stack more ofensive defense too.

FOE TEAM!! FINALLY GOOD NEWS PLEASE DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE POOL! LET THIS NEW UPDATE BE A THING FOREVER!!

You and Your f...g city everywhere.
We don't care how many fps did You produce in Your city, forge points aren't a thing anymore, at least, not for me, having millions of them invested in buildings and half a million still available in my inventory.

I used to do the same in the past, but in 2019 I changed my playstile with attack buildings, removing all shrines, elephants, terraces, few months before the GbG existence.

The purpose wasn't to gather more Forge points for me, but I wanted to fight, to help my guild in GvG and GbG, even if it was for swaps in the end.
I am not one of the greatest fighters, nor greatest players, but I had fun fighting and stressing myself and guildmates/friends in beating other guilds in GBG and later to begin the grinding teaming with some of them, was pretty fun, but untill it reached that point in which it became wayy too powerfull and very time consuming, not to mention broken and boring...

I am not completely against what InnoGames did here but I don't agree either, They could have it less drastically changed, that's wayy to much reducing to 66.6%, all attack cities and time spent in them are lost for some people. I know there is a HUGE gap between whales and smaller players, but the actual change made things even worse for smaller players which have no fault here ...
And GbG is slow now, boring and not fun anymore, I did 136 atrition, but now I have to wait and do nothing till reset, if I will be in the mood to do so.
This change will make people hate GbG, even the strongest guilds in this game, they will lose interest and I am sure of this, not only the strongest guilds, but even the lower level guilds, because theh basically can't advance that easy through the first sectors till the middle, they will be broke imediately...

Regarding Your city again and how good You are, DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ELSE? Basically in EVERY post You have here in beta, 80% of them are involving Your 2k city, city about we don't care, You know?
Congratulations for Your city, be proud of You and Your playstile, but leave alone the other players that like to play this game in their own way, involving GBG in this case.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why didn't any of the other buildings get modifications? Surely in the last 2 days you've heard numerous posts about traps/fortresses gaining possibly unreasonable strength due to nerfing the camps/wt's.

Might be a bit early to make that suggestion - given that up to this point the only strength they usually had was if you were already HQing a guild :p Now they might make situational sense, but shouldn't they?

Owl II

Emperor
You and Your f...g city everywhere.
We don't care how many fps did You produce in Your city, forge points aren't a thing anymore, at least, not for me, having millions of them invested in buildings and half a million still available in my inventory.
:D:D
If you are not accepted to play in the team, then there is nothing left but to grow FP in your garden.

Well having played a bit today as part of my smaller Beta guild who normally at most has 4 players fighting GbG at a time, I can say this change is absolutely horrible. I'm in HMA at 260/260 and I'm done for the day with 30 attrition after 1.5 sectors. That took me a grand sum of about 5 minutes. It wouldn't be so bad if Inno's version of 66.6% reduction wasn't more like "well, somewhere between 25% and 90% depending on your luck, but with a million samples it'll get to around 66.6%" but this is absolutely terrible. If Inno wants to reduce the number of eyeballs on the game and the amount of engagement with the game, congratulations they've nailed the formula - ironically at the same time as they're rolling out ads which require eyeballs and engagement to actually monetize.
I don't understand this. 4 players fighting and y'all took 1.5 sectors. AFAIK, no sector on the doorstep of a HQ has 3 building slots but, even if yours does, the reduction in SC protection on any adjoining sectors would be 5.5% (72% to 66.6%). You were going to max out your attrition before taking the second sector, and be done for the day, regardless. Players in smaller guilds with 260/260 are likely to be the least affected by the change.

Kronan

Viceroy

It's very interesting you mention that. I remember when GbG first came out in Nov 2019. Like anything new, it took a little time for people to figure out that you don't play GbG as if it were a new GvG. No king of the hill, no thumping your chest for ownership of the entire map. In fact, if you did that, you'd be "doing it all wrong".

Once the more erudite taught the warmongering Neanderthals there was a better way (Economic GAME THEORY), everyone got more latched on to swapping/farming, etc to get filthy "game" rich.

And we did.

People wholesale flipped their city from blended economics and war, to pure war. Put ANYTHING in that gave attack boost. RIP EVERTHING OUT that was just FP generation.

Yes Wow, did people ever make a mistake, and might now severely pay for it. No one ever heard of "moderation" or hedging. They went ALL IN. Bad decision in life, and bad in this game.

They made FoE a war game and though it was going to be a cash cow forever. It seems like Inno is finally recognizing the "brand" of city building is lost on some, and they want to just fight fight fight.

Whatever becomes of the final negotiation for the heart and soul of FoE, an within that GBG 1 or even "new and improved" GbG II (new map), I also do hope that the thing which attracted everyone to be here, city building, stays front and center.

There is ONLY 1 FoE - the best city building game. There are plenty of place to fight all day long, and I think that realization may be fast coming back into focus that's not what FoE should be.

Owl II

Emperor
The purpose wasn't to gather more Forge points for me, but I wanted to fight, to help my guild in GvG and GbG, even if it was for swaps in the end.
I am not one of the greatest fighters, nor greatest players, but I had fun fighting and stressing myself and guildmates/friends in beating other guilds in GBG and later to begin the grinding teaming with some of them, was pretty fun, but untill it reached that point in which it became wayy too powerfull and very time consuming, not to mention broken and boring...
Yes! they took the dynamics away from GBG, but offered nothing in return. Why?

EaCy

Farmer
The more i read everyone's comments, the more I'm convinced this can be a good thing.
I play in a big guild on my main live server and we win GbG every time. Not just because of a few players who fight only when they get no attrition, but we have a lot of active players who are available with every swap.
However, our reputation has made it, that no other guild even attempts to race us, except for a few. So, with this change, it's not just fighting, it's also planning and we are also good at that.
Less time to spend in GbG, less diamonds to spend, less use of guild goods. This is still a test, let's see how we all like it.

you really don't understand the point, because you wasn't in a top guild yet. you don't improve the attack power primarily to be able to attack by 2-3 more, the amount is so small that it's not even worth it.
If increasing A/D to only get 2-3 more battles is not worth it, how would you explain an SO L1 going for 25,000+ in the AD? An extra 2% defense boost doesn't even add 2-3 battles but, clearly, a lot of players think that they are worth it. A big A/D boost is built brick by brick.